The Hatching -Introducing Steve! [Open to all]

Started by Ardyn Jaeger, July 01, 2017, 05:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ardyn Jaeger

[Ardyn Jaeger]
[Holodeck]

Ardyn's hands dexterously manipulated the parts of the device she was working on, a mobile holoemitter. While it was definitely no shuttle part, a part of her rather liked building things. And it was her off Á¢â,¬"œ shift, so she enjoyed the entertainment. Definitely way better than sitting around all bored while Lieutenant Cahill was out taking the security crew on some practice drills on the shuttles.

Screwing in the last of the tiny screws on the back of the device, Ardyn turned to the crew she was working with. "Alright, I finished it up. Let's turn it on and see what happens!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

[T'Ra Jones]

Evan still didn't understand what he was being dragged along to, but it made him smile to see T'Ra excited about something, or as excited as a Vulcan/human hybrid could be. "Schatz," Evan chuckled, "What are we doing?"

"Miss Jaeger is developing a new program, and she indicated that I might enjoy being present when it is finally brought to life," T'Ra replied smoothly, not breaking her stride. She was indeed looking forward to seeing the young flight lieutenant's creation in action, a creative little project that she hoped would help improve the ship's morale.

The pair soon approached the area where Ardyn had been tinkering. "Is that supposed to look like an --- egg?" Evan asked, tilting his head to get a better look.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

[Ardyn]
Ardy smiled her usual wry smirk as T'Ra and the doctor walked in. "Yup. That's what it's supposed to be, Doc. It's an egg for a therapy Velociraptor . The Xenobiologists are calling it a Simulated Terrestrial Evolutionary Velociraptor Environment, but I'm calling him Steve." Ardyn snickered. "I figure, if Ensign Murphy has that Mallard of his, I can have a Velociraptor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

[T'Ra]

[Holodeck]

T'Ra arched a brow in amusement, intrigued by the lieutenant's response. She had been surprised when the captain had granted Ensign Murphy's request to bring a duck on board, but a velociraptor was something else entirely. Evan, on the other hand, turned white as a sheet, though he managed to make a quick recovery, retorting, "You mean to say this thing's supposed to be therapeutic? I saw one of those creatures eat another crew member alive, swallowing him whole as if he were nothin' more than a puny little fly!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Caelene Tam]
[Holodeck]

After finishing her shift in Engineering, Caelene had made her way to the Holodeck. Apparently some of the crew were gathering to witness an exciting new program...or at least that's how Ardyn had described it. It was a bit lacking in details, but presumably it would all be explained once she arrived.

Toolkit in hand, Caelene stepped in front of the holodeck doors and waited for them to whoosh open before entering.

So far it seemed that T'Ra, Evan, Ardyn, and a few others who appeared to be helping Ardyn were the only ones there. The Trill nodded to each before setting her toolkit down on the floor and moving closer. She had only come in at the end of the others' conversation and missed everything but the last few words from Evan.

Caelene looked closer at what was before her. An egg of some sort - a white, elongated oval. It wasn't really her area of expertise, so she wasn't sure what it was. The 'puny little fly" she'd heard from Evan didn't exactly clarify either.

"Sorry if I'm late; I was finishing up some things in Engineering," Caelene said by way of apology. "...What's in the egg?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[Ardyn]
[Holodeck]

"Hey Caelene . Glad to see you. You're just about in time to see us hatch my little friend Steve here. He's a Velociraptor."

Ardyn nodded as she indicated the doctor. "Indeed, I remember those. Nasty things. However, since he's a hologram, we have much more leeway with him than with those things the Miwoks showed us." She said as she checked the oblong egg once more. "we designed Steve to have a much more non-threatening appearance and demeanor, so he'll basically be more like a puppy. Perfectly harmless, I tell you.

----------------------------------------------------------

[T'Ra]
"Beg pardon if I withhold judgement," Evan grumbled, folding his arms. "Like a puppy," he scoffed, "a puppy that has scales and claws and looks like he want to eat ya." As he continued to ramble, mostly to himself, his words slowly shifted into German.

T'Ra simply arched a brow before turning back to Ardyn. "Don't mind him," she said. "He'll come 'round. He's been under a lot of stress lately. With any luck, he might benefit himself from having Steve around."

-----------------------------------------------------

[Ardy]
[holodeck]

"Indeed . It'll certainly be an interesting adjustment, but I definitely hope Steve'll be helpful. After what we've all been through, we might need him."
Ardy noticed the tense silence as she made a few last checks. She seriously hoped this would work out. After all the hard work she had done, she really wanted this little guy to be just right.

Out of the corner of her eye, Ardyn saw the egg shake a little. Then some more. And more. After a few moments, the egg cracked, revealing a little Velociraptor nose poking out through the shell.

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Ardyn Jaeger

Ardyn gasped as her little creation nosed his way out of the eggshell . A tiny little guy , Steve took in the assembled crowd and shook off the yolk from his mottled feathers . Squirming out,  he took a couple shaky steps, then hopped  with a squeak. Ardyn looked over at the surprisingly fluffy raptor. "Hey Steve." She said softly to the tiny dinosaur. Petting him gently on the head , he rubbed his nose against her and began to purr.

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.