Author Topic: A Disco Celebration (Open to All)  (Read 4570 times)

Kyle Briggs

Re: A Disco Celebration (Open to All)
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2017, 08:11:43 pm »
Kyle was enjoying the down time. "I'm sure I'll be more that satisfied, Mister Demlion." he said. "And please. This is a place of relaxation so regardless of the uniform, in here, I'm just Kyle. I understand it may take some time, but you'll get used to it." He took a sip of his coffee. He so missed the way Liv had always made it. The replicator never even came close. He closed his eyes as memories of their time in Ireland came flooding back. With a huge sigh of happiness, he reopened them and looked over to his beautiful wife. "As delicious as always, Baby."

Offline Olivia Briggs

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Family - where life begins and love never ends
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2017, 09:55:02 am »
Liv noticed how happy her husband seemed to be with his coffee and could only imagine how much he had missed the way she made it but now she was here he wouldn't have to put up with the replicated stuff. Smiling when he then looked over to her and spoke " I'm glad babe " she replied as three of her servers James, Maggie and Clara walked out of the kitchen area carrying the last of the food before two of them made their way behind the counter ready to serve their guests.

" Good your all here and if you need me I'll be with my husband and our guests " she instructed receiving their acknowledgement before she picked up her own cocktail from the tray and walked round to Kyle and the others. " Since things are taken care of I can join you all properly".

Offline Demlion Riverbank V

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2017, 03:59:51 pm »
[the cuisine]

Demlion made a happy chuckle. All his attention had gone to the head cheese of the ship. His small gentle hands picked up from the table showing his palms. "Ahhh Kylegiven
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 04:02:33 pm by Demlion »

Parent character us D'Vid

Player to player: don't be shy to be mean to my Vorta

Offline Ziran Trell

• Suspended Account
  • Probationer
  • I'm back and ready to post!
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2017, 04:12:19 am »
Trell had just finished his shift in engineering and dropped by the party a little late. Having a look around, he realised the Captain, Chief Science Officer, the mess hall manager and the fresh out of the academy Vorta were the only people present. Though he was considered to be a fun, extroverted, typical Bolian by most of his peers during his time at the Starfleet Technical Services Academy, most people hadn't realised he was rarely the one to start the actual conversations. 3 out of the 4 people at the party were all academy graduates, which left Ziran, who was still getting used to being around Starfleet personnel with much more experience than him, feel like an outcast.

"Oh um... Hello, Mrs. Briggs. I believe it's the first time we meet! I've... I've been recently assigned to Discovery's engineering department after completing my necessary training. Nice to meet you." The engineer wasn't quite sure on how to approach the captain's wife.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 04:15:10 am by Ziran Trell »

Offline Olivia Briggs

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2017, 05:01:12 am »
When Demlion asked if she had any rippleberries, she thought for a moment and to be honest it was the first time she had heard about them, however didn't want to disappoint him. " I don't think we have Demlion, but I can certainly ask one of my staff to look through replicator library and have them replicated for you if they're on file " she replied just as another crewman approached and made his introduction.

She did recognise him from the invite list and could tell he was nervous but wanted to put him at ease as she always did with anyone new. " It is and pleased to meet you Mr Trell, welcome to the party, we have food just over there and would you like a drink ?" she said with her usual friendly smile.

Offline Ziran Trell

• Suspended Account
  • Probationer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2017, 05:54:16 am »
When Demlion asked if she had any rippleberries, she thought for a moment and to be honest it was the first time she had heard about them, however didn't want to disappoint him. " I don't think we have Demlion, but I can certainly ask one of my staff to look through replicator library and have them replicated for you if they're on file " she replied just as another crewman approached and made his introduction.

She did recognise him from the invite list and could tell he was nervous but wanted to put him at ease as she always did with anyone new. " It is and pleased to meet you Mr Trell, welcome to the party, we have food just over there and would you like a drink ?" she said with her usual friendly smile.

Trell took a quick glance at the food, thinking to himself the mess hall manager was friendly and fairly easy to talk to.

"I'll go with Tarkalean tea please." He replied. The young crewman was still getting used to the transition between working aboard the S.S. Albastru; a Bolian transport freighter, and the U.S.S. Discovery; a Federation starship. As a result, he was reluctant to order alcohol and risk getting drunk in front of his commanding officer.

Offline Olivia Briggs

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2017, 11:24:33 am »
Liv smiled again when Ziran gave his drink order " Certainly I'll have Maggie get that for you now " she replied looking over at the brunette server who always liked to have fun and to be fair Liv got on with all of her staff which was a huge relief especially after being away for so long.

Maggie nodded and smiled before getting the Tarkalean tea for the young engineer. She returned a couple of minutes later and placed it on the counter for Ziran.

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2017, 11:47:02 am »
[mess hall]

Demlion was not surprise that they did not carry Rippleberries. Olivia had mentioned that they can replicate them. His heart sank. It was not going to be the same. So he will lie to please his peers.

As the Bolian came walking in, the Vorta looked at the direction of the blue blur head who came in focus as he greeted himself to the Captain and others.

"Ahhh hello Ziran. I was hoping to see you soon on the Athena. I never served with a Bolian before," he replied. It was a white lie. Lying was what he did well. "I am Demlion."

Then the Vorta turned his attention to the replicated Berries that was front of him. He grabbed one with his delicat soft hands and brought it up to his mouth. The taste was like the other foods. The Founders must have made the berries themselves hard to copy.

Hmmm, a happy sound escaped the smiling lips of of the Vorta. "Ah this is just just like the real Riverberries. It amazes me how replicators can make things we like. My people. The Vorta. We never could accomplish it. We would never imagined to create such things. Starfleet inventions are like magic. Do you agree?" He said with excitement in his bright eyes like a Bush Monkey. The words are sweet by perfect compliments, but with little lies.

Offline Ziran Trell

• Suspended Account
  • Probationer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2017, 04:43:28 am »
Liv smiled again when Ziran gave his drink order " Certainly I'll have Maggie get that for you now " she replied looking over at the brunette server who always liked to have fun and to be fair Liv got on with all of her staff which was a huge relief especially after being away for so long.

Maggie nodded and smiled before getting the Tarkalean tea for the young engineer. She returned a couple of minutes later and placed it on the counter for Ziran.

"Thank you very much, Mrs. Briggs." Ziran said as he took the glass of Tarkalean tea; a beverage he often drank when serving aboard the S.S. Albastru.

[mess hall]

Demlion was not surprise that they did not carry Rippleberries. Olivia had mentioned that they can replicate them. His heart sank. It was not going to be the same. So he will lie to please his peers.

As the Bolian came walking in, the Vorta looked at the direction of the blue blur head who came in focus as he greeted himself to the Captain and others.

"Ahhh hello Ziran. I was hoping to see you soon on the Athena. I never served with a Bolian before," he replied. It was a white lie. Lying was what he did well. "I am Demlion."

"Nice to meet you too, Mr. Demlion! "It's not always you get to serve with someone from the Gamma Quadrant!" Ziran quickly recognised the only Vorta aboard the Discovery as he was often talked about down in engineering. "How long have you been aboard the Discovery?"  The Bolian added as he drank his Tarkalean Tea.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 06:00:09 am by Ziran Trell »

Offline Olivia Briggs

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2017, 05:46:50 am »
" I'm pleased that the rippleberries are okay for you Demlion and yes I agree I suppose the replicators are like magic " Liv replied politely not realising until now how much she relied on them in everyday life until Demlion had mentioned the Vorta not being able to recreate such things. However she was happy that her staff had managed to fulfil his request.

Then when Ziran thanked her for the tea again she smiled " Your very welcome Ziran " she said leaving the two crewman to talk before moving closer to her husband, resting a hand on his arm. " Are you hungry ? I made some of your favourite chicken wings ".

Offline Lennox Ainsley

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Failing means you're playing.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2017, 07:19:26 pm »
[Xanadu aka Ten Forward]

He could not resist the sweet temptation of a party; food and drinks alike, the Scotsman had been beaming, a childish grin having made itself known on his face as he got himself ready, finishing the last of the standard weapon checks and making certain that the lockers were locked as the door slid shut behind him. He made his way down the the mess hall, hearing the music playing as he neared the door. As they slid open, Lennox saw that he was...well, a little late to the party.

But, never mind! It was a party.

The Scotsman walked up to the Captain's wife and the Captain himself, bowing his head ever so slightly as a sign of respect before straightening up, "Cap'n Briggs, Mrs. Briggs. Apologies fer 'he interruption, sir, but migh' I say, fantastic job ye done, ma'am." Lennox kept himself in check, hoping not to slip an expletive in whilst making his first introduction to the Captain's wife, not wanting to be seemingly rude.

"Corvis oculum corvi non eruit."

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2017, 08:50:50 pm »
"Nice to meet you too, Mr. Demlion! I allures by the Alpha quadrant myself. It's not always you get to serve with someone from the Gamma Quadrant!" Ziran quickly recognised the only Vorta aboard the Discovery as he was often talked about down in engineering. "How long have you been aboard the Discovery?"  The Bolian added as he drank his Tarkalean Tea.
Ziran

Offline Ziran Trell

• Suspended Account
  • Probationer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2017, 04:14:23 am »
Ziran

"I'll try to keep that in mind, Demlion. I'm still a bit cautious when it comes to addressing my superior officers. I used to work aboard a Bolian freighter and I suppose things functioned quite differently there." The Bolian replied to Demolion's remark.

Trell had been briefly taught about the Dominion War but had little idea of what a Vorta's typical personality was like. As a result, he was slightly surprised by the ensign's unexpected question.

"Um... sure... why not?" Ziran father being incarcerated, he was often quickly disliked by new people he met during his childhood. Experiencing the exact opposite was new to him.

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2017, 09:19:17 pm »
"I'll try to keep that in mind, Demlion. I'm still a bit cautious when it comes to addressing my superior officers. I used to work aboard a Bolian freighter and I suppose things functioned quite differently there." The Bolian replied to Demolion's remark.

Trell had been briefly taught about the Dominion War but had little idea of what a Vorta's typical personality was like. As a result, he was slightly surprised by the ensign's unexpected question.

"Um... sure... why not?" Ziran father being incarcerated, he was often quickly disliked by new people he met during his childhood. Experiencing the exact opposite was new to him.

The purple color hues in his eyes went bright. The Vorta was smiling. "It's nice to have someone say that," he said. He allowed a drop of silence to follow. It was good. The fifth Vorta Clone was going to share how he was feeling out of place because who he was. But, he had stopped himself.

Taking a replicator Ripple Berry, the Vorta had ate it. He had need to nourish himself. He gave a smile and nod to the hostess once again to show he was pleased of her berries she made him. That was a act of his to keep her happy.

The taste was far from the real thing. That would delight the Gods to show that even Federation technology could not make the food out of thin air. It was possible that the Founders themselves could do it, if they choose to do so.

"You mentioned you were transferred from a Bolian's ship. Please tell me all about it," he asked. To show interest to another was a good way to build a relationship. To nod his head when the Bolian paused. The Vorta was excellent showing interest to the blue man individual. Knowledge was power. He could use it in the future. That part of him thinking gaining information to serve the greater power to the Founders had been embedded in his genetic make over. Who knows they could show up and take Demlion away. He had no choice to give them information. They would demand him to execute himself and be sure he do it right and not dodge it.

In the time working away from the Founders, he had welcomed the personal knowledge of personal power. Maybe he could possible us for diplomacy if they ever grow trust in him. Only in time would tell.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 09:21:05 pm by Demlion »

Offline Olivia Briggs

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2017, 06:32:16 am »
[Xanadu aka Ten Forward]

He could not resist the sweet temptation of a party; food and drinks alike, the Scotsman had been beaming, a childish grin having made itself known on his face as he got himself ready, finishing the last of the standard weapon checks and making certain that the lockers were locked as the door slid shut behind him. He made his way down the the mess hall, hearing the music playing as he neared the door. As they slid open, Lennox saw that he was...well, a little late to the party.

But, never mind! It was a party.

The Scotsman walked up to the Captain's wife and the Captain himself, bowing his head ever so slightly as a sign of respect before straightening up, "Cap'n Briggs, Mrs. Briggs. Apologies fer 'he interruption, sir, but migh' I say, fantastic job ye done, ma'am." Lennox kept himself in check, hoping not to slip an expletive in whilst making his first introduction to the Captain's wife, not wanting to be seemingly rude.

Whilst she waited for her husband to decide if he wanted anything to eat Liv smiled as Petty Officer Ainsley approached them and apologised for the interruption before complimenting her. Although this was the first time she had met the Scotsman she had been aware of who he was just like she had with the rest of the crew and appreciated what he had said.

" Thankyou Mr Ainsley, it's good to meet you properly and please help yourself to food or if you would like something to drink my staff are ready to take your order ".

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles