A Disco Celebration (Open to All)

Started by Olivia Briggs, July 01, 2017, 02:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olivia Briggs

[Xanadu aka Ten Forward]

Liv was busy putting the final touches to the party she had organised for the crew. It had been some time since she had last done something like this but after recent events thought it was the perfect opportunity to arrange one so they could enjoy themselves and forget about everything. The food, music and trays holding a variety of drinks were all ready to go including a cocktail she first created back on the Arizona a Liv Nebula and she was looking forward to everyone arriving including her husband.

She had thought about bringing Elijah but decided against it in case the noise bothered him and he was now in the care of the childminder who had insisted she keep him for the night so her and Kyle could have some time to themselves. She smiled at the thought as she finished setting up the last of the drinks now all she had to do was wait for people to arrive.

Demlion Riverbank V

The doors opened as Demlion strolled in the mess hall. He heard the music playing from the music choice. By the crew this would be a good setting for a celebration. However, he was not impress by the decoration. But on the other hand, he would make the best of it for the benefit of others.

The bright blue eyes spotted the only person in the mess hall. He had walked up with a smile on his face. He held his hands up aside a little,  but not to high. It would not be suited for a Vorta. These people were far from the founders. How he had missed the gods, but he loathed them at one time but he loved them too.

"Ahhh, splendid work, Ms. Biggs," he said soothly and calm like a charming snake. He had done his research learning on names, ranks and departments on each crew. It was to be on top. Knowledge was power. To hold knowledge would share you think highly about them.

Keeping his blue eyes on her. His head tilted a to the right. He gave a small  gentle chuckle. "Pardon me. It seem I had broken an old earth tradition... I am not late, but first, to arrive" he was making himself humble as he could. Now the cherry on the top the desert. "But," he said bringing his head up right and standing tall. "I will be the first to say what a wonderful job you did..." he paused. Let the other take in his greetings.

Parent character us D'Vid

Player to player: don't be shy to be mean to my Vorta

Olivia Briggs

[Xanadu]

Liv turned at the sound of the doors opening and smiled as the first guest arrived and remembered that the Vorta cadet had only recently joined the ship. As he approached and began to speak, she was her usual friendly self and smiled again when he complimented her on what she had done to Ten Forward. " Thank you Demlion " she replied " As for being the first here its okay and can I get you something to drink at all ?".

Demlion Riverbank V

Quote from: Olivia Briggs on July 01, 2017, 04:32:20 PM

[Xanadu]

Liv turned at the sound of the doors opening and smiled as the first guest arrived and remembered that the Vorta cadet had only recently joined the ship. As he approached and began to speak, she was her usual friendly self and smiled again when he complimented her on what she had done to Ten Forward. " Thank you Demlion " she replied " As for being the first here its okay and can I get you something to drink at all ?".

The female had asked him if he would like a drink. "Hmm," he said in a sadness tone. That was the one flaw of being who he was. The lack of enjoying things that humans and other species do. There was a few things that the Vorta liked. Kava Nuts and Ripple Berries. He had placed his soft small hands together. Allow a moment to rest as he learned a silent moment gives the other to wonder what was he thinking. His violet eyes slowly looked down cast as he giving more thought. It was best to fit in.

He lifted his head and a smile grew on his face. "I will be delighted. My taste buds are lacking because I am a Vorta. Sadly, I miss the art of the tasting. Perhaps, Ms. Biggs you can assist me to chose a drink?" he asked her. That was the truth. He declined his chin and kept a low gaze to the floor. It was the way he waited for an answer.

Olivia Briggs

Liv noticed the sad tone in his voice and the way he looked so down cast and immediately wanted to put him at ease, understanding a little more about him when explained about being unable to taste properly. Smiling back at him when he asked if she could help him choose a drink and replied in her usual soft tone.

" Certainly if you follow me I'll show you the different drinks we have on offer or I can make you something if none of them appeal to you".

Kinley Garrison

[ Lounge]
Kinley walked into the lounge unusually early. It wasn't all that often the crew had a party aside from watching Kali get uncannily drunk ( and videoing the results that ensued ) and Kinley hoped to get her share of the party before something went awry. Walking in, Kinley sat at the counter. "Hey, Liv, how's it going?" Looking over at the Vorta nearby as she leaned over, Kinley smiled. "Haven't seen you around. I'm Kinley."

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Kyle Briggs

With the Bridge in good hands, Kyle decided to drop into Xanadu and check out the get together Liv had done for the crew. I walked in to see her speaking to a new crew member and Kinley at the counter. He walked up and grabbed the next stool. "Hi ya, folks." he said. "How's it going?"

Olivia Briggs

[Xanadu]

Just as Liv had offered to show Demlion the drinks selection, Kinley arrived not long after and Liv smiled when she approached the counter and asked how it was going before speaking to their newest crewmember. However before she could answer her husband arrived and her smile grew wider at seeing him then again he always had that effect on her.

" It's going well thank you Kinley, you'll have to pop by and see Elijah sometime " she replied then looked at her husband " Hey you, speaking of our son, Lucy's taken him for the night " she said with a grin then asked " What can I get you both?".

Demlion Riverbank V

Olivia seemed to be a good mannered host. Her first impression was being good. She had offered him a drink on his request. He was walking with her to the bar.

" Certainly if you follow me I'll show you the different drinks we have on offer or I can make you something if none of them appeal to you".

Once again, the Starfleet Vorta was feeling wounded because his lack of sensory. He gave a smile, which was a comfort. "Please surprise me," he told her. There was no way he would say her chances finding a drink he would like would like solving the riddle of the true meaning of life.

Kinley walked into the lounge unusually early. It wasn't all that often the crew had a party aside from watching Kali get uncannily drunk ( and videoing the results that ensued ) and Kinley hoped to get her share of the party before something went awry. Walking in, Kinley sat at the counter. "Hey, Liv, how's it going?" Looking over at the Vorta nearby as she leaned over, Kinley smiled. "Haven't seen you around. I'm Kinley."

The new medical officer had heard the door open to the lounge, he had to turn his head to see who it was. It was far for him to see it. From the softness of the individual steps the footsteps belonged to a female.

As his poor eyes saw who it was. HIs mind gathered the information which matched to the name of Kinley Garrison. Kinley Garrison Lieutenant Commander, Chief Science Officer and plus she's the USS Discovery's Representive. The remarkable thing about her file was her young age.

The doors had not the chance to closed as a new member came waltzing into the establishment.

With the Bridge in good hands, Kyle decided to drop into Xanadu and check out the get together Liv had done for the crew. I walked in to see her speaking to a new crew member and Kinley at the counter. He walked up and grabbed the next stool. "Hi ya, folks." he said. "How's it going?"

As the Captain came to the Cadet's focused vision. He recognized it was the Captain of the ship. The Vorta stiffened up. Bowed his head deeply as the man started to greet himself with his wife, and the Lieutenant Commander Kinley.

The Vorta was confused on how the crew members and the commander of the ship all sat down. The etiquette by the Starfleet was still a bothersome. Would be wise for the female to stand to the one who was higher rank. After all, observation showed that the Captain had his uniform on still.

The name Elijah was not on the roster of the crew. His ears had sensed that it was possible a very close individual that had belonged to the Briggs. Perhaps a pet? The roster he had studied had not shown the kids and animals on the Discovery.

Son?

They had a son. That was interesting.

What can I get you both?".

Excellent! A converse among his peers. He had decided to wait them out. Allow them share their converse. He had not wanted to be rude by interfering, but he was very pleased and honored to be next to the Captain of the ship.

He eyed a stool that was empty. Well, there was all lot empty chairs to take. However, he had a tendency to stand on his feet. Seating was a comfort he had not had a pleasure. Thought he would sit if he was asked, but he prefer to stand and watch.

Kyle Briggs

Kyle smiled as everyone made their greetings. "I'll take a coffee for now." he answered to Liv's question about drinks. He turned slightly to his newest crew member. "Mister Demlion? Won't you join us?" he asked the Vorta. He hadn't ever served with one before so he was curious to learn more about them.

Demlion Riverbank V

Quote from: Kyle Briggs on July 02, 2017, 06:28:35 PM

Kyle smiled as everyone made their greetings. "I'll take a coffee for now." he answered to Liv's question about drinks. He turned slightly to his newest crew member. "Mister Demlion? Won't you join us?" he asked the Vorta. He hadn't ever served with one before so he was curious to learn more about them.

The Vorta sharp blue eyes turned to look at the Captain. Was the short Medical officer standing with his peers? "Ahh," he replied cooly. "Yes...I will join you." He took the seat next to the Captain. He took a great care not to be to close, but close to be in his presence. He nodded his head to the Captain. "My Captain it's very privilege to be under your command," he buttered up. "I hope I will be to your satisfactory under your command." At this moment, the pale skin male attention was completely on the Captain. 

Kinley Garrison

" I'll definitely come over sometime and say hi to your little guy." Kinley nodded as she saw the Captain coming in out of the corner of her eye . " I'll have an orange cream soda, if you don't mind ." The Vorta didn't say much, so she nodded to the Captain. "How's it been,  Cap?"

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Olivia Briggs

When Cadet Demlion asked her to surprise him, it wasn't the first time that Liv had been asked this as it the was the sign of good bartender to able to do that for customers and her mind whirred thinking about what she could give him. " Certainly one surprise coming up " she replied as Kyle then Kinley gave their drink orders.

Smiling at them both " Sure one coffee and orange cream soda and that would be great, I'm sure Elijah will love seeing his Aunty Kinley " she said before moving along the counter to prepare the drink orders. She settled on a non alcoholic version of her Liv Nebula for Demlion as she didn't want to get him drunk not when this was his first time trying it. She then prepared Kyle's coffee the way he liked it before pouring an orange cream soda for Kinley.

She placed them all on a tray and carried it back, happy to see everyone chatting at the counter and it was another reason why she was glad to be back where she really belonged. Setting the tray down she served Demlion first " This is called a Liv Nebula, something I created back on the Arizona ... she paused and grinned at Kyle when she mentioned this " This one hasn't got any alcohol in however there is that option available once you've tried it" she said politely then served her husband and new friend. " One coffee just the way you like it Kyle and one orange cream soda for you Kinley".

Demlion Riverbank V

Smiling at them both " Sure one coffee and orange cream soda and that would be great, I'm sure Elijah will love seeing his Aunty Kinley "

Odd. The Vorta did not know that Kinley Garrison was blood related to the Briggs. An Aunt was a sister by blood to another. Which Brigg was Garrison was related too. He figured he hold his curiosity for a day to learn more about his fellow crew.

Setting the tray down she served Demlion first " This is called a Liv Nebula, something I created back on the Arizona ... she paused and grinned at Kyle when she mentioned this " This one hasn't got any alcohol in however there is that option available once you've tried it" she said politely then served her husband and new friend. " One coffee just the way you like it Kyle and one orange cream soda for you Kinley".

The Cadet sat there looking at the drink. He picked it up. He took a sip of it. Swooshed it in his mouth. There was nothing for him to taste. He had to make a lie to not disappoint the owner.  "I like it," he shared. "It is appealing and settling, Mrs. Briggs," he added.

He had looked up at his peers. There company was a welcome. He loathed to be alone because it was the way his kind was. Being numbers was best.

Olivia Briggs

[Xanadu/Ten Forward]

Liv watched as the newest member of the Disco family took a sip of the drink not sure how he would react to it but didn't have to wait long before he spoke up. " Thank you Demlion, I'm glad you like it " she replied and for Liv keeping her customers happy was one of the most important aspects of her job.

She hoped that more members of the crew would join them but so far things had gotten off to a good start and that's all she wanted especially since this was the first gathering she had organised in a long time. " If any of you are hungry at all we have a table set up over there and I'm sure I can persuade my husband to dance later on " she said thinking of the last time they had danced together and realised it had been at their wedding.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.