Athena Mission 2.5: Endless Nights

Started by Constance Lafayette, June 30, 2017, 05:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D'Vid

[Engineering]

The El-Aurian Engineer was finding things are going to well. That's when he just got a small feeling. It felt a precise moment a slice of life something was about to happen. Just like Guinan on the Enterprise when she had that funny feeling. He was hoping things would be smooth sailing for the sake of safety of the crew, but a little adventure would be a welcome. He was not sure. It could be something simple. That was why he was taking those precautions. An El-Aurian intuition was a good one.

Parent account is D'Vid to contact me. Thanks

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

Quote from: Ethan Hadden on July 06, 2017, 11:30:35 PM

[Mess Hall]
"Mmm. Sure thing, Ash." He said as he followed her to the kitchen . Grabbing  a couple potholders, he moved the pot of corn off the stove. "So, apparently the science folks are up in a buzz today . Something about some supernova . I was going to see if they needed anything , but not many of them really needed a security guy right now , you know? I'd get in the way."

[Mess Hall]

Ash carefully removed the two shepherd's pies and laid them on the heat-resistant surface of the counter as she responded. "Is that what's going on? I heard a couple people talking about testing some new sensors on my way in today..." She shook her head as she trailed off. "Either way, I know a thing or two about getting in the way - but I've been trying really hard not to lately. Even if that can be incredibly boring sometim -"

Ash broke off mid-syllable as she caught the view out of the mess hall's windows along the far wall. Looks like Ethan was right about the supernova... She closed her mouth from where it had been hanging open and turned to the young crewman next to her with excitement in her eyes. "Do you see that? Come on!" She ducked out of the kitchen and ran over to the windows, hopping up to sit on one of the nearby tables in a most unprofessional fashion.

James Carter

Quote from: Tavana on July 07, 2017, 12:04:41 PM

One of the things Tavana noticed was that.  The command staff seem as interested as she was in this mission.  The Commander in particular seem to only have a passing interest.

"The computer estimates twenty three minutes for a complete scan and working baseline.  But it will take a full six hours to analyze the data we received." Tavana said, her monotone rivaled the ship's computer in that moment.

[Bridge]

Maybe it was a combination of everything he'd seen in his time traveling the galaxy, or maybe it was just his personality, but even a celestial event on the scale of a supernova felt underwhelming to him. It took everything in him to not let out a long groan of annoyance when he heard the estimated time it was going to take to analyze the incoming data. Before he could even comment though, another Carter joined the bridge. "Ms. Carter welcome to the bridge. You're just in time to see this...amazing event." His voice carried a hint of sarcasm, but it was vague at its worst.

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: James Carter on July 09, 2017, 06:40:03 AM

[Bridge]

Maybe it was a combination of everything he'd seen in his time traveling the galaxy, or maybe it was just his personality, but even a celestial event on the scale of a supernova felt underwhelming to him. It took everything in him to not let out a long groan of annoyance when he heard the estimated time it was going to take to analyze the incoming data. Before he could even comment though, another Carter joined the bridge. "Ms. Carter welcome to the bridge. You're just in time to see this...amazing event." His voice carried a hint of sarcasm, but it was vague at its worst.

[Bridge]

Katheryn was enjoying watching the Supernova, however when the XO then spoke to her and welcomed her to the Bridge, she was confused for a brief moment as she had been at her station for some time but figured he may not of seen her arrive. She also noticed the hint of sarcasm in his voice but didn't think too much about it.

" Thank you Commander, its certainly different to what we've been used too lately " she replied politely thinking that they definitely deserved a break from what they had been through on the last few missions but again knew that could easily change.

Academy Commandant

James Carter

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on July 09, 2017, 07:09:26 AM

[Bridge]

Katheryn was enjoying watching the Supernova, however when the XO then spoke to her and welcomed her to the Bridge, she was confused for a brief moment as she had been at her station for some time but figured he may not of seen her arrive. She also noticed the hint of sarcasm in his voice but didn't think too much about it.

" Thank you Commander, its certainly different to what we've been used too lately " she replied politely thinking that they definitely deserved a break from what they had been through on the last few missions but again knew that could easily change.

[Bridge]

James leaned forward slightly clasping his hands together as he thought about Katheryn's reply. "Different is definitely one word for it." The commander offered back. Before he could say another word however he caught something on the very corner of the screen. The object almost immediately came closer into view. If Carter was honest with himself, the new development excited him a bit.

That excitement faded as he realized it was just a freighter probably on a trade route. As it moved between the Athena and the star James looked towards Tavana and spoke again. "If they're between us does that effect the readings at all?" He tried to sound curious and interested, but the truth was that he just wasn't.

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: James Carter on July 09, 2017, 10:46:55 AM

[Bridge]

James leaned forward slightly clasping his hands together as he thought about Katheryn's reply. "Different is definitely one word for it." The commander offered back. Before he could say another word however he caught something on the very corner of the screen. The object almost immediately came closer into view. If Carter was honest with himself, the new development excited him a bit.

That excitement faded as he realized it was just a freighter probably on a trade route. As it moved between the Athena and the star James looked towards Tavana and spoke again. "If they're between us does that effect the readings at all?" He tried to sound curious and interested, but the truth was that he just wasn't.

[Bridge]

Katheryn couldn't help but grin at the Commander's reply as to be truthful that was the only word she could think of to describe it politely. " I agree Commander " she replied before he spoke to Tavana and immediately turned back to her console wanting to be ready in case this other ship caused any issues not that she thought it would as they were probably here to either witness the Supernova or simply passing through the system.

Academy Commandant

D'Vid

[Engineering]

The rear crew which was the spine of the ship. Possible being the end was better then front. They were wall taking quick peeks on what was going on. A youngster was excited because he was naive. "Wow. Did that come out of that Nova?"

The El-Aurian smiled. "Yep. It seems so," he replied. Turning his attention down to the readings of the sensors that was giving him a run down on the condition the new sensors.

"You think that ship will effect the sensors?" the youngster asked.

"Yes," the Klingon Engineer replied.

D'Vid was glad for Doran had replied. He smiled to the youngster.

"Should we contact the bridge and tell them?" the youngster asked.

"I assure the Captain knows what he's doing," Doran had replied.

Well, maybe, but who think that the Captain would over look that.

There was a way around it. "Cadet. Why don't you suggest me a reason to contact the bridge to be sure they did."

The Cadet looked at the screen, bitting his lower lip. "Maybe the sensors missed the ship which was there as a cloak?"  he suggested.

The Klingon Doran  gave a loud growl. His patience with the Cadet was getting low. However, he had to remind him that this was Starfleet.

D'Vid had tapped his communication badge. =^=Petty Officer D'Vid to Bridge, I was suggested by Cadet Jones that sensors of that freighter might throw off our readings =^= he said. =^= I agree with him. We could reconfigure a quick jiffy program to by pass that ship, but, we might not have the proper time, but, wait we are engineers. As a Legendary Scotty of the Enterprise would say.... We can make miracles happen.=^= That last part was true, but he if the Cadet was noticed for his concern and it comes out positive for the Cadet. D'Vid will be sure to push a recognition on his behalf. If not, he would still encourage the Cadet on keep trying. Everyone should be able to speak up and not be afraid. Ideas like that could potential build things to be better.

Catrin Maddux

[Bridge]

Cat perched on the arm of Leo's chair, unobtrusive. Having a front row seat, as it was, to observe the supernova was a sight. The science was mainly lost on her, but it was rather lovely to look upon. She wondered if she could get a few image scans to send to her father. He loved stars, and would no doubt find some sort of inspiration for his work. Absentmindedly she ruffled Leo's hair.

"Hey Flyboy. After your shift here, want to grab something in the Mess? I wanna show Ash my new necklace, too." She toyed with the jewel that dangled from her neck. The sparkles glinted like trapped stars, and honestly, she thought it was better than a hundred supernovas. Maybe she was being silly and sentimental, but it was good to embrace her feelings, rather than trying to bottle them up. Cat hated to admit it, but the time spent with her mother had done her some good. Maybe she could even convince Captain Lafayette to stop postponing their appointment. And maybe winged pigs would fly out of the heart of the star on a rainbow.

Tell me your troubles and doubts. Giving me everything inside and out...

Leonard T. Scott

Quote from: Catrin Maddux on July 10, 2017, 11:34:12 PM

[Bridge]

Cat perched on the arm of Leo's chair, unobtrusive. Having a front row seat, as it was, to observe the supernova was a sight. The science was mainly lost on her, but it was rather lovely to look upon. She wondered if she could get a few image scans to send to her father. He loved stars, and would no doubt find some sort of inspiration for his work. Absentmindedly she ruffled Leo's hair.

"Hey Flyboy. After your shift here, want to grab something in the Mess? I wanna show Ash my new necklace, too." She toyed with the jewel that dangled from her neck. The sparkles glinted like trapped stars, and honestly, she thought it was better than a hundred supernovas. Maybe she was being silly and sentimental, but it was good to embrace her feelings, rather than trying to bottle them up. Cat hated to admit it, but the time spent with her mother had done her some good. Maybe she could even convince Captain Lafayette to stop postponing their appointment. And maybe winged pigs would fly out of the heart of the star on a rainbow.

[Bridge]

Leo hadn't given food much thought, but it did sound good. He turned back to her.

"Why, yes that sounds great. I'm nearly half starved as it is," he replied.

He returned his attention to the viewscreen. The supernova was a stunning sight. He couldn't wait to get a better view of it off-duty.

Athena Second Officer. Feel free to message me if have any issues that need addressing.
Flight Control Instructor
"Keyboard. How quaint." - Captain Montgomery Scott

Constance Lafayette

Athena- Sickbay
"Thank you Dr. Brighton." She nodded thankfully as she took up his offer of a private exam room.

However, just then, something strange happened. As Constance crossed the threshold she-

[Athena- Bridge]

Constance nodded to Leo as the ship dropped out of warp at the edge of the system.

"Acceptable Mr. Carter." Was her flat, but not unkind, reply as the XO arrived on the bridge, "We're on schedule. We need to get our new sensor package calibrated but, after that this is mostly an observational mission. Shouldn't take more than... 36 hours..." She said, though her tone was worried and her voice trailed off, ending prematurely.

"I..." She began but looked truly perplexed. She'd done this already.
"Commander Carter- either we've done this already or I am mentally incompetent and need to be relieved of command..." She said dryly, fairly certain she was sane. She'd been here before.

They had just warped into the system and the supernova was going to occur in about 10 minutes. What was going on?!

Man she was feeling tired...

Quote from: Out of Character Notes

• Yes, we just hit a time skip. You are now back to the place you were when the mission started. You have full knowledge of what has transpired previously.
  • El-Aurian (or any hybrids) begin to feel like time is going a little weird. Like... it's an old school a record with a small scratch it in- skipping a beat now and then. It isn't a parallel universe but something to do with time.
  • Also- you find that, no matter what you do, you can't fall asleep. Even things that should medically knock you out only kind of put you into a bleary haze and you don't get any actual "rest" if you take such a thing.

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

Susan Venator

Quote from: Constance Lafayette on July 11, 2017, 04:29:55 PM

Athena- Sickbay
"Thank you Dr. Brighton." She nodded thankfully as she took up his offer of a private exam room.

However, just then, something strange happened. As Constance crossed the threshold she-

[Athena- Bridge]

Constance nodded to Leo as the ship dropped out of warp at the edge of the system.

"Acceptable Mr. Carter." Was her flat, but not unkind, reply as the XO arrived on the bridge, "We're on schedule. We need to get our new sensor package calibrated but, after that this is mostly an observational mission. Shouldn't take more than... 36 hours..." She said, though her tone was worried and her voice trailed off, ending prematurely.

"Commander Carter- either we've done this already or I am mentally incompetent and need to be relieved of command..." She said dryly, fairly certain she was sane. She'd been here before.

They had just warped into the system and the supernova was going to occur in about 10 minutes. What was going on?!

Out of Character Notes
Yes. We just hit a time skip. You are now back to the place you were when the mission started. You have full knowledge of what has transpired previously.

El-Aurian (or any hybrids) begin to feel like time is going a little weird. Like... it's an old school a record with a small scratch it in- skipping a beat now and then. It isn't a parallel universe but something to do with time.

Also- you find that, no matter what you do, you can't fall asleep. Even things that should medically knock you out only kind of put you into a bleary haze and you don't get any actual "rest" if you take such a thing.

Bridge

Suzie was standing at Ops running a test on the new sensor package.

"Captain we are...... What just happened?" Suzie asked, having about to report in but realizing a very strange case of deja vu that they were back were they had been.

Species: Betazoid
Bio: Susan Venator Bio Alt of Lizzie Vaughan

Katheryn Brighton

[Bridge]

Katheryn had been running background scans as they approached their destination along with her teams, thinking about her and Caleb's plans to learn more about each other's roles and wondering if Wendy had delivered the surprise gift she had gotten him when suddenly she stopped and realised that something was definitely wrong.

Hadn't she just thought about this and could remember watching the Supernova erupt and talking to Commander Carter and now .... her head started to hurt thinking about it but it seemed she hadn't been the only experiencing dejavu. " Something strange is definitely going on " she said trying to clear her head.

Academy Commandant

James Carter

Quote from: Constance Lafayette on July 11, 2017, 04:29:55 PM

Athena- Sickbay

[Athena- Bridge]

[Bridge]

James stood next to the Captain, a confused look plastered on his face. "No, this has definitely happened cap." The commander glanced around the bridge a moment attempting to remember what had happened. At this point he was no stranger to having overlapping information stuck in his head. "You were about to head to sickbay to get your implants calibrated right? Last time you left and I took the bridge. The only other pertinent thing that happened was...a freighter showed up just a little distance away from us...I think."

D'Vid

Quote from: James Carter on July 11, 2017, 05:41:33 PM

[Bridge]

James stood next to the Captain, a confused look plastered on his face. "No, this has definitely happened cap." The commander glanced around the bridge a moment attempting to remember what had happened. At this point he was no stranger to having overlapping information stuck in his head. "You were about to head to sickbay to get your implants calibrated right? Last time you left and I took the bridge. The only other pertinent thing that happened was...a freighter showed up just a little distance away from us...I think."

Quote from: D'Vid on July 04, 2017, 08:14:37 PM

[Engineering]

D'Vid could not help laugh at the funny jokes that Engineering was tossing about. He spun around to the Main Computer Board facing the Warp Drive and he started to run a systmatics to see there was anything needed to be tweaked. This service run in the new sensors can be a boring trip, but on the other hand things can take a huge left u-turn into a adventure.

However, D'Vid had liked this ship and crew. He was doing his best to help the new people who came to the ship. He was trying to help those who new. He remembered being new and it was always hard to fit in. Especially when your new off from Starfleet.

The other thought he had was wanting to go for a commissioned road here in Starfleet. He had many years ahead. It would be neat to stick with Starfleet to the future where his relative met. Rather he was a member of the Future fleet, he could work his way in. Or the Temporal Agency will scoop him up for whatever their needs. Who knows? All he knew was he had cheated death and time at the same time by a relative. Not a bad way. He had not regretted it either.

The only thing he had regretted was he stuck with the OLD Tradition of El-Aurian and not want nothing with the NEW PRIME El-Auria or his own kind. That generation seemed to forget the tradition. He knew they were doomed too as he was told by the future. It was best to avoid and lose a second home and lose his heart to his own kind. Once way enough. He would be glad to make his heart cold to protect himself.

[USS Athena's Engineer past became present time again...........?]

That feeling... it was back... but it had not happened, yet. His dark brown eyes looked around the room. Then he swear he saw a slight face expressions from his fellow crew members. It was to familiar.

Quote from: D'Vid on July 05, 2017, 06:35:54 PM

[engineering]

The crew in the rear of the ship all had a view screen to see the explosion of the end, but D'vid was thinking it was a beginning. The end was always a beginning and the beginning was the end. It a routine in all life. One can say it repeats itself but in a different story.

D'Vid had watched it himself for the view. It awesome and sad in both ways. He had wondered what disturbance this could happen to the universe around it. There was always a ripple effect which could make trouble.

Thinking on that. He went back to scanning for anything in the system to be ready for a mishap or a burp in the systems. Especially the Warp drive themselves.

"That is weird," Cadet said. "Is it possible one can dream on what could happen? I swear it was like I did this," he was looking about everyone.

Doran, the Engineer Klingon stood up tall. He hated to admit that he too. "I did too," the Klingon replied.

D'Vid now knew what was going on. That feeling in his stomach was right. There are times he wished he was wrong.

=^=Pettty  Officer D'Vid to the Captain, sir, I believe we occurred a time loop,=^= he sighed. There was a belief by his people that each action creates another time line. The stack on each other. Then there was the Mirror Universe which runs almost identical but it holds the reverse of in this side of the universe. Heck, there was a lot. The ley lines that cross the space in all the universe do connect or crisscrossing each other. When you cross the ley lines which emerge to others, El-Aurians get that gentle feeling inside.

Caleb Brighton

[ Medical Bay ]

Caleb smiled as he looked down at his hand. The black tungsten ring on his left hand. He never tired of looking at it. He could have sworn that he was about to assist the captain with a medical issue, but he passed it off as he began to prepare for his daily huddle up with his staff. Every time he looked at that ring, Kayla's smile was in his head.
It was that special smile she saved only for him.

"Hey there Doctor J," Wendy began. "Looks like you have a special delivery!" As she said this, she handed Caleb a small box. He thanked her, but had a puzzled look on his face. It was as if he had been handed this before. Though Wendy was smiling, she looked at him curiously. Something was a miss and it was racking his brain trying to figure it out. Though there was one other instance he felt of this, it was when he was loosing the grip of the influence Ben had over him.

"I could have sworn you gave me a package a while back like this...Cat would probably want me to wait to open this, but... Aww what the hay we have time before the huddle up," Caleb said, He looked at the small card that Katheryn had placed on the box. He smiled when he read the note that simple ready "To My Steamy <3"He neatly unwrapped the bag with his steady hands. When he did, a smile was sen on his face.

When he looked over the writing utensils that were engraved with his name and the wonderful pictures in the frame. He put the writing utensils at his desk. He put the picture frame at the shared area in medical bay. He sighed a bit. He was a doctor and didn't have an office. He wondered if he could professionally bug Catnip or the captain to see if he could have a dedicated place for him and not a shared desk space he had with his staff to pull up records or consult with patients in a non exam room setting. He was no mental health specialist, but he still felt he could use the space productively.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.