Author Topic: Athena Mission 2.5: Endless Nights  (Read 18611 times)

Offline D'Vid

• Deceased/Retired
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Athena Mission 2.5: Endless Nights
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2017, 11:38:49 am »
[Engineer]

Must save the ship was the motivation for the Engineering. Top it off he was an El-Aurian who got caught up in the Temporal Agency from the future. To save the ship he was about to break a Prime Directige from the future. Future knowledge should not be out of time line. It was a rule he was about to break. No choice. He will have to improvise on it. He had to make the components and rig jig. It was time for him to make his magic moment.

The one thing, he was tired. He gave another long yawn. The weight of his body was ten times cause it was tired. Got to put that will of mind to work. Must save the crew and the other ship. It was time to make the tooth pick. To mend the scratch in time. But he fell down on his seat cause he failed to go forward. Man he was tired.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 11:40:35 am by D'Vid »

Parent account is D'Vid to contact me. Thanks

Offline James Carter

• Site Administrators
  • Veteran Member
  • Grapefruit.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2017, 09:24:52 am »
[Shuttle]

Once everyone was on board the crew set off for the ship they were boarding. As they drew closer James offered one more hail back to the ship. =/\= Athena, this is Commander Carter. I expect long range communication to not work properly, so we'll contact you as soon as we're leaving. =/\= Finally he spoke again. "Ms. Carter, lead the charge in. I'll be right behind you."

Offline Katheryn Brighton

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2017, 10:27:27 am »
[Shuttle]

Once everyone was on board the crew set off for the ship they were boarding. As they drew closer James offered one more hail back to the ship. =/\= Athena, this is Commander Carter. I expect long range communication to not work properly, so we'll contact you as soon as we're leaving. =/\= Finally he spoke again. "Ms. Carter, lead the charge in. I'll be right behind you."

[Shuttle]

The journey to the Cargo Ship had been straightforward enough and luckily well if you could call it that they hadn't experienced another time skip but she knew that could change at any moment. Keeping her focus as they neared the ship hearing the XO contact the ship one last time before they got there and yes there was some worry about what they would find or what could go wrong but that was firmly pushed to the back of her mind as he then spoke to her.

" Understood Commander " she replied then turned to the rest of the team " Phasers on stun only until we know what's going on over there " she ordered setting her own weapon on stun before preparing to depart as soon as they docked.

Academy Commandant

Offline Constance Lafayette

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • I love the smell of paperwork in the morning.
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2017, 06:53:14 pm »
[Athena- Bridge][Shuttle]
The shuttle's hull was well marked- a scientific number of the material it was carrying. BZ-4123. The number didn't mean anything to anyone without a scientific background but it might to someone with an advanced one.

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

Offline D'Vid

• Deceased/Retired
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2017, 11:39:07 pm »
[Athena- Bridge][Shuttle]
The shuttle's hull was well marked- a scientific number of the material it was carrying. BZ-4123. The number didn't mean anything to anyone without a scientific background but it might to someone with an advanced one.

[Engineering]

D'Vid sat there stunned. The Captain asked him. =^= I yawned...yaaaaaawnned sorry... that ship... tiny ship... yaaaaawwwwnnn. Better off I make a fantastic amazing Quatum Artificial Controller future thingy...which breaking temporal law of the future...Hey. People broke rules...I can do it...yaaawwwwn. . . my team here will be submission a Oscillating Time space skip pattern which facilitate the giant giga- watts plasma stream which be a needle... oh... give us some minutes...or what time spares us.... it be like mending a dent in our mess....but that.... that... ship... ship causing trouble..big trouble...we work on the mending needle to pray it works."=^=

Then, he turned to look at the other Engineers who looked zombies. "Come we got to work," he said sitting there with the others who did not want to move. Great this was not going well. He felt his stomach really spinning. Like a bad acid reflex.

Parent account is D'Vid to contact me. Thanks

Offline James Carter

• Site Administrators
  • Veteran Member
  • Grapefruit.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: August 03, 2017, 02:04:27 am »
[Shuttle BZ-4123]

The interior was dimly lit. As the crew boarded the lights flickered on. The shuttle was seemingly abandoned and remarkably quiet. "Alright everyone. Let's get some scans and figure out how to fix this yeah? Ms. Carter is your pointman, I'll be bringing up the rear just in case." The XO said in a tired and flat tone. "We don't have much time, just inside of an hour by my count. If we have to start over, by the time we can get here we may be too exhausted to actually do this. So let's make sure we don't have to do that."

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2017, 06:23:34 am »
[Shuttle BZ-4123]

The interior was dimly lit. As the crew boarded the lights flickered on. The shuttle was seemingly abandoned and remarkably quiet. "Alright everyone. Let's get some scans and figure out how to fix this yeah? Ms. Carter is your pointman, I'll be bringing up the rear just in case." The XO said in a tired and flat tone. "We don't have much time, just inside of an hour by my count. If we have to start over, by the time we can get here we may be too exhausted to actually do this. So let's make sure we don't have to do that."

[Shuttle]

The way the lights flickered to life as they entered and the eerily quietness of the ship did send an unpleasant shiver down Katheryn's spine as she led the team. Agreeing with the XO that the quicker they were the better for them and certainly didn't want to stay here any longer than they needed too. She was quite happy to get in and out as quickly as possible regardless of the time loop or not especially with the apparent lack of life and could only hope that they would come across someone soon otherwise she had a bad feeling about this yet understood that they couldn't of just not of investigated the other ship.

Her thoughts turned to Caleb and knew he would worry about her but sent a silent promise that she would return unscathed and acknowledged the XO as her team began the scans. " Understood Commander and I suggest we try and aim for the Bridge of this thing".

Academy Commandant

Offline James Carter

• Site Administrators
  • Veteran Member
  • Grapefruit.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2017, 07:35:27 am »
[Shuttle]

The way the lights flickered to life as they entered and the eerily quietness of the ship did send an unpleasant shiver down Katheryn's spine as she led the team. Agreeing with the XO that the quicker they were the better for them and certainly didn't want to stay here any longer than they needed too. She was quite happy to get in and out as quickly as possible regardless of the time loop or not especially with the apparent lack of life and could only hope that they would come across someone soon otherwise she had a bad feeling about this yet understood that they couldn't of just not of investigated the other ship.

Her thoughts turned to Caleb and knew he would worry about her but sent a silent promise that she would return unscathed and acknowledged the XO as her team began the scans. " Understood Commander and I suggest we try and aim for the Bridge of this thing".

[Shuttle]

James slowly nodded offering a small smile to the other Carter. "I'm inclined to agree with you Ms. Carter. Lead away, with any luck we won't have any resistance on our way. There seems to be only one way out of this room, so with any luck it'll be a fairly straightforward journey."

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2017, 08:17:15 am »
[Shuttle]

James slowly nodded offering a small smile to the other Carter. "I'm inclined to agree with you Ms. Carter. Lead away, with any luck we won't have any resistance on our way. There seems to be only one way out of this room, so with any luck it'll be a fairly straightforward journey."

Katheryn smiled back at the XO and agreed with everything he said as she continued to lead the way towards what she hoped would be the Bridge. " That would be good Commander and I like straightforward considering we don't know what's going on over here or why its so quiet not that it's a bad thing at the moment " she replied pausing for a moment as Sampson scanned the next corridor before giving the all clear and again it felt spooky and almost sinister that there was no sign of life as they walked on until finally she came to a stop outside what could only be the Bridge.

She looked over at Commander Carter " Orders Commander ?" she asked not wanting to go charging in.

Academy Commandant

Offline Susan Venator

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • 'One man's "magic" is another man's engineering!'
  • Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. 2018 USS Fiji - With Open Arms  Featured mission
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2017, 01:30:45 pm »
[Athena- Bridge]

Bridge

Suzie nodded, stifling a yawn.

"Yes Captain." She replied.

Moving away from her station, she went into the ready room where she quickly replicated a large pot of Raktajino and enough mugs for the Bridge crew. She quickly carried them out and passed them round, starting with the Captain.

"Drink up." She remarked. "It might not be to your taste but will help you stay alert for a short time. I'll be back with some sandwiches" She finished, taking a swig of her own mug and putting the only slightly more than 3/4 full pot next to her station. SHe winced at the slightly bitter taste, but immediately felt more alert.

Heading back to the ready room, she then replicated several plates of sandwiches, including her favourite, hot BLT's. Heading back out to the Bridge she began to pass them round.

"Eat up. There's more where they came from." She said, taking several for herself.

Species: Betazoid
Bio: Susan Venator Bio Alt of Lizzie Vaughan

Offline James Carter

• Site Administrators
  • Veteran Member
  • Grapefruit.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2017, 01:33:51 pm »
Katheryn smiled back at the XO and agreed with everything he said as she continued to lead the way towards what she hoped would be the Bridge. " That would be good Commander and I like straightforward considering we don't know what's going on over here or why its so quiet not that it's a bad thing at the moment " she replied pausing for a moment as Sampson scanned the next corridor before giving the all clear and again it felt spooky and almost sinister that there was no sign of life as they walked on until finally she came to a stop outside what could only be the Bridge.

She looked over at Commander Carter " Orders Commander ?" she asked not wanting to go charging in.

[Shuttle]

James quietly pulled the type-2 phaser he had from its holster and brought it to his side, still pointed at the ground. "No point knockin' I suppose." The officer said moving to the door. "You lot, get back from the door." Carter said motioning to everyone but Katheryn. "Ms. Carter, on my mark, you and I are going in. I want the rest of you to filter in after a couple seconds. Just in case, phasers set to stun." The man's voice was down to a whisper as he came to stand right in front of the door. "Ready Ms. Carter?"

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2017, 01:50:48 pm »
[Shuttle]

James quietly pulled the type-2 phaser he had from its holster and brought it to his side, still pointed at the ground. "No point knockin' I suppose." The officer said moving to the door. "You lot, get back from the door." Carter said motioning to everyone but Katheryn. "Ms. Carter, on my mark, you and I are going in. I want the rest of you to filter in after a couple seconds. Just in case, phasers set to stun." The man's voice was down to a whisper as he came to stand right in front of the door. "Ready Ms. Carter?"

[Shuttle]

" Agreed, don't want them to hide " Katheryn replied quietly with a slight grin as she also got her weapon poised just in case they ran into trouble. The rest of the team stood back as the XO motioned for them to move and when he gave his next order she nodded her acknowledgement, the others responded the same way and Katheryn knew her team wouldn't let them down. Taking a deep breath she looked at the other Carter when he then asked if she was ready. " I am " she answered simply and waited for the door to open.

Academy Commandant

Offline Caleb Brighton

• Approved Applicants
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Three year award Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: August 03, 2017, 08:37:43 pm »
[ Medical Bay ]

Caleb sighed a bit in relief. It seemed like a steady flow of shipmates had come and gone. All that was left was the bridge crew to administer the stimulant. Caleb tapped him combadge. =/ \= " Dr. Brighton to the bridge. I am sending up Wendy, Edward, and Alphonse to administer the stimulant to you guys up there. I promise minimal interruption" =/ \ = . Wendy, Ed, and Al made their way to the turbolift. Caleb gave them his normally playful salute.

Once the room was empty, Caleb took a breath before he began to log a few things in his PADD. He felt he was not alone and he looked up from the table he was standing at. Jenna was looking across from him. He shook his head. "I know what you're going to say and you can shut it for now," Caleb said playfully. "You and me both know it was me that helped find the right balance of dosage and sleep in Bora Bora,"Jenna said.

This made Caleb look at Jenna. "You and I remember Bora Bora very differently," He said with a bit of snark that she fired at him. They had the wit and snark of two siblings playfully fighting. Though she was there, but she was ethereal in nature. She had a glow about her as well. Though he loved her visits, he had fear he would be caught one day. He didn't know exactly if she was there or not. He didn't want to know or seem crazy. If he was going crazy, he didn't want treatment. This was his only contact with her ever since the incident in the travel hub. Caleb's eyes went wide when he saw Catrin come into view through Jenna. When Jenna saw his eyes, she immedately vanished.   

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Offline James Carter

• Site Administrators
  • Veteran Member
  • Grapefruit.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2017, 03:51:31 am »
[Shuttle]

" Agreed, don't want them to hide " Katheryn replied quietly with a slight grin as she also got her weapon poised just in case they ran into trouble. The rest of the team stood back as the XO motioned for them to move and when he gave his next order she nodded her acknowledgement, the others responded the same way and Katheryn knew her team wouldn't let them down. Taking a deep breath she looked at the other Carter when he then asked if she was ready. " I am " she answered simply and waited for the door to open.

[Shuttle]

James's mind drifted to his second life for a moment. Even though it was fiction, he couldn't shake a lot of what he experienced there. The lives he saw taken before he took the role of captain by force. Quickly he pulled himself back to reality and started to open the door. "Three. Two...one." The doors slid open to reveal a small bridge.

All of the terminals were occupied by human personnel, but the occupants were unconscious. Likely from exhaustion. In the center of the room sat some kind of containment box. "Well, guess we don't need these." Carter said slotting his type-2 back in its holster. "Let's get scans of that container. My guess, that's what our problem is." The first officer slapped his comm badge and heard a chirp to let him know that it couldn't reach the Athena.

James spent the next few moments searching for a comms center. =/\= Athena, this is Commander Carter. We have several people here that are going to need medical attention, on top of that we think we've found the cause of our time loop. I have no idea what this thing is, but I've got our crew running scans now. =/\=

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2017, 11:37:49 am »
[Shuttle]

James's mind drifted to his second life for a moment. Even though it was fiction, he couldn't shake a lot of what he experienced there. The lives he saw taken before he took the role of captain by force. Quickly he pulled himself back to reality and started to open the door. "Three. Two...one." The doors slid open to reveal a small bridge.

All of the terminals were occupied by human personnel, but the occupants were unconscious. Likely from exhaustion. In the center of the room sat some kind of containment box. "Well, guess we don't need these." Carter said slotting his type-2 back in its holster. "Let's get scans of that container. My guess, that's what our problem is." The first officer slapped his comm badge and heard a chirp to let him know that it couldn't reach the Athena.

James spent the next few moments searching for a comms center. =/\= Athena, this is Commander Carter. We have several people here that are going to need medical attention, on top of that we think we've found the cause of our time loop. I have no idea what this thing is, but I've got our crew running scans now. =/\=

[Shuttle]

For Katheryn it felt like an eternity as the XO began his short countdown before opening the door and as it slid back she wasn't sure what to expect but at least they now had an answer why it had been so quiet on the journey from their shuttle to the Bridge. Seeing the personnel slumped over the various consoles did unnerve her slightly but knew that it could easily happen to the Athena crew if the time loops continued before looking at the containment box in the middle of the room.

She was inclined to agree but at the same time didn't want anyone to get too close to it until they knew exactly what it was and motioned for the others to join them before speaking to the XO. " Definitely Commander and I agree it certainly looks like it could be" she replied putting her own phaser away " Thomas, Hadden start scanning the container at a safe distance" she ordered as they got to work and listened as the Commander found a way to contact the ship and again thought of Caleb as they waited for the scan results.

Academy Commandant

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles