M5: Shall we Dance

Started by Kirok, June 30, 2017, 08:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirok

[Bridge]

Kirok sat in his wheel chair.  His hand worked the duty station with easy.  It reminded him of his first year at a Crewman.

But some time had gone by since he had heard from anyone.  =/\=Shran to Hawke and his Away Team.  Please report in as you are able=/\= the half Vulcan said.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Kirok

Quote from: Kirok on June 30, 2017, 08:29:29 AM

[Bridge]

Kirok sat in his wheel chair.  His hand worked the duty station with easy.  It reminded him of his first year at a Crewman.

But some time had gone by since he had heard from anyone.  =/\=Shran to Hawke and his Away Team.  Please report in as you are able=/\= the half Vulcan said.

[Shuttle]

EQ tapped his combadge.  =/\=Admiral, this is EQ on the shuttle.  All is well here so far=/\=.

=/\=We will keep you updated as this change.  EQ out=/\= the Liberated Borg said.  Then ended the link.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Fala Awen

[Planet, Holding Room]

Quote from: Ser Conley

"You're right." Ser said. "On both counts. Now I think I was able to get a message out to the Shran. With any luck they know something of what's going on, and working on getting us out of here. At the very least our live aren't in Immediate danger So we should be ok for awhile. That said we need an escape plan." He looked around room.

"So what do we know about this place?" He asked.

Caelene frowned slightly. She wasn't entirely sure whether or not Ser was right about their lives not being in danger. Technically, they were in the holding room by themselves, but there were guards. And what about T'Ra? She'd been taken away... They had no idea what was happening to her.

After glancing around at her fellow crewmembers, Caelene turned her attention back to Ser and answered, "We know we're in their temple and we're pretty far underground. The walls seem to be made of stone. There's no windows, other than the one in the door, so it seems our only way out would be through the door..."

She doubted they could simply force their way through the door, though. "They did take T'Ra - presumably they'll bring her back at some point and would have to open the door to let her in. Or they may take her elsewhere and come take another of us away."

What made her more nervous was the idea that maybe T'Ra wasn't coming back. What if they tortured her or even killed her? Normally she wouldn't think priests would be capable of such things, but Caelene also hadn't expected to be taken prisoner. Besides, these people had been at war a long time, perhaps her idea of a priest wasn't accurate for the priests here.

Regardless, their situation was not a good one... Hopefully one of the others would have a better suggestion or a clearer idea of what they could do.

OFF: tag diplomatic team

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

K-5

[Holding Room]

As she sat quietly in the corner, contemplating what the next best move was, K-5 felt guilty about her shock when they landed. She'd frozen completely when the priest had come to arrest them, but when she ran diagnostics of her programming, nothing was wrong. Perhaps it had been a short malfunction that had corrected itself. Yes, that's it. That must have been it.

One of their team had gotten a message through though. But how much had been sent? How much had the crew on the Shran received? Could the Shran get a message back to the away team? That must be our next objective, she decided. They needed information, and since the priest wouldn't give them any, the only way they had to get it was from themselves, the guards, or the Shran. K-5 spoke, mostly processing out loud, then directing her questions at the rest of the away team.

"How much did the Shran hear? Your message. They might not have heard it all. I'm willing to bet they were able to figure out what they didn't hear, but we need to make direct contact. Right now our objective should be information. T'Ra was getting information from the priest, that's what we need to do." She aimed her next question to the Trill woman, leaving the others hanging in the air without answers.

"You're an engineer, correct? Is there any possible way we could boost our signal from this room and get a message from the Shran?" The away team waited eagerly for a positive answer as the woman thought.

Fala Awen

[Holding Room]

Quote from: K-5 on July 04, 2017, 12:58:59 AM

"You're an engineer, correct? Is there any possible way we could boost our signal from this room and get a message from the Shran?" The away team waited eagerly for a positive answer as the woman thought.

Caelene frowned as Kay addressed her. Her eyes surveyed the room slowly as she considered the question. "I am an engineer, yes. As far as boosting the signal... I don't see how. I'm sure the Shran would have tried to contact us by now, but we've not received any messages, so we must be far enough underground or possibly surrounded by materials that are preventing communication."

Moving over to the door, she looked out the reinforced window to try to get a look at the guards. She could see one, but the other was either out of her limited view or perhaps had wandered off somewhere. Presumably one of them had the little equipment the away team had brought, including her tricorder and PADD.

Turning back to the android woman, Caelene said, "If I had my toolkit, I could certainly try to boost the signal, but my toolkit is in the shuttle. I might even be able to do something with the tricorder and PADD I brought, but the guards took those. Perhaps if I knew more about your systems I could rig something up, but again, I'd need my tools for that. I just don't have what I need within this room to do it."

Sighing, the Trill walked away from the door and slowly paced from one end of the room to the other. She didn't particularly enjoy feeling helpless. At the same time, she was left with few options - she couldn't modify circuitry with her fingers or her mind and those were the only things she really had left, unless she was missing something. "I think our best bet is to either come up with a reason for the guards to give us our things back or escape. Otherwise, we'll probably just have to wait for a rescue party or for the Altazi to come to their senses."

OFF: Tag diplomatic team

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

K-5

Quote from: Caelene Tam on July 04, 2017, 03:56:29 AM

[Holding Room]

Caelene frowned as Kay addressed her. Her eyes surveyed the room slowly as she considered the question. "I am an engineer, yes. As far as boosting the signal... I don't see how. I'm sure the Shran would have tried to contact us by now, but we've not received any messages, so we must be far enough underground or possibly surrounded by materials that are preventing communication."

Moving over to the door, she looked out the reinforced window to try to get a look at the guards. She could see one, but the other was either out of her limited view or perhaps had wandered off somewhere. Presumably one of them had the little equipment the away team had brought, including her tricorder and PADD.

Turning back to the android woman, Caelene said, "If I had my toolkit, I could certainly try to boost the signal, but my toolkit is in the shuttle. I might even be able to do something with the tricorder and PADD I brought, but the guards took those. Perhaps if I knew more about your systems I could rig something up, but again, I'd need my tools for that. I just don't have what I need within this room to do it."

"I think our best bet is to either come up with a reason for the guards to give us our things back or escape. Otherwise, we'll probably just have to wait for a rescue party or for the Altazi to come to their senses."

[Holding Room]

K-5 nodded in agreement and her systems whirred to life with several thought processes, trying to figure out a way to- That's it! The guards. The best way to gain information wasn't from the guards, but from getting past the guards. But how?

"If you had a sharp object, do you think, with my guidance, you could open my cerebral panel and overload my systems?" She asked the Trill in a hushed tone, too quiet for the guards to hear.

"If you can overload my cerebral processor and act as if I am a human who is contracting seizures, you could, perceptively, coax one of the guards into the room. My systems would re-boot in less than a minute, so I would be fully functional afterwards, in theory." K-5 explained hurriedly. All she needed now was a small, pointed object. She hoped one of the others wore a hair pin or had thought to bring a safety pin with them...

Ser Conley

[Holding Room]

"Wait." Ser said. Before the other could start with their make shift sick plan.  "The guards will come back.  They want to question all of us.  The moment to escape is not now.  One we don't know where we are.  Two we don't know where the commander is.  And three we don't have a clear way to get her or us off the planet.  The shuttle most likely under guard.  if we do this, we need to find the Commander and find away to get in connect with the ship. We need a plan."  Ser went silent for a minutes then stared at K-5 for a couple of seconds.  He looked to the door, then back to K-5.

"You're a soong type Android, corrected?" He asked.

"May you live as long as you want to, and want to as long as you live."-Irish toast

K-5

Quote from: Ser Conley on July 05, 2017, 05:29:04 AM

[Holding Room]

"Wait." Ser said. Before the other could start with their make shift sick plan.  "The guards will come back.  They want to question all of us.  The moment to escape is not now.  One we don't know where we are.  Two we don't know where the commander is.  And three we don't have a clear way to get her or us off the planet.  The shuttle most likely under guard.  if we do this, we need to find the Commander and find away to get in connect with the ship. We need a plan."  Ser went silent for a minutes then stared at K-5 for a couple of seconds.  He looked to the door, then back to K-5.

"You're a soong type Android, corrected?" He asked.

[Holding Room]

"Correct." K-5 confirmed, ready to hear what Ser had to offer.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.