The Bard's Song (Open to all PM for Details)

Started by Caleb Brighton, June 29, 2017, 09:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caleb Brighton

[Deck 2- Katheryn and Caleb's Quarters]

" I can't believe we are going to do this.... When I told you this story before I never thought you would be up for reenacting it... thank you," Caleb said as he was finishing putting on his costume for his and Katheryn's latest holo adventure. Caleb told her of the many make believe stories he and Jenna had created. Katheryn suggesting that they reenact it was the cherry on top of him telling her the childhood stories he loved to tell. The best part about it was that she agreed to go full into character, much like he and Jenna did. "I hope you like the wig I picked out... I think it suits your character perfectly," Caleb said as Katheryn was changing in another area of their quarters. Though he insisted it was alright to change together, Katheryn insisted for him to not see so it would be a surprise.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on June 29, 2017, 09:28:04 PM

[Deck 2- Katheryn and Caleb's Quarters]

" I can't believe we are going to do this.... When I told you this story before I never thought you would be up for reenacting it... thank you," Caleb said as he was finishing putting on his costume for his and Katheryn's latest holo adventure. Caleb told her of the many make believe stories he and Jenna had created. Katheryn suggesting that they reenact it was the cherry on top of him telling her the childhood stories he loved to tell. The best part about it was that she agreed to go full into character, much like he and Jenna did. "I hope you like the wig I picked out... I think it suits your character perfectly," Caleb said as Katheryn was changing in another area of their quarters. Though he insisted it was alright to change together, Katheryn insisted for him to not see so it would be a surprise.

Katheryn smiled hearing the excitement in her fiance's voice from where she was getting changed into her costume for their new holo adventure. When he had first told her the stories she had been fascinated by them and remembered his reaction after she suggested that they reenact them together. She knew how much they had meant to him and was looking forward to sharing this with him just as she had with the jungles, the caves and Risa.

" No need to thank me my love, I know how much they mean to you and I'm looking forward to experiencing another adventure with you " she called as she finished putting her outfit on before reaching for the wig he had chosen for her to wear. She carefully put it on and adjusted then looked in the mirror, it felt strange at first not seeing her usual blonde but couldn't fault his choice and he was right she did like it. " I do as always when you pick something for me " she said honestly as he always had a knack for finding clothes etc that suited her.

Once she was ready, she picked up the leather jacket that went with the outfit and made her way over to him. " What do you think ?" she asked smiling at him.

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

[ Deck 2- Katheryn and Caleb's Quarters ]

Caleb's eyes lit up when he saw her. She was too beautiful and perfectly fit what he was looking for. "You are amazing," Caleb began. "Ready to go on an adventure my dear?" He awaited her answer before they would head out toward the holodeck for their new adventure.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on July 06, 2017, 01:11:54 PM

Caleb's eyes lit up when he saw her. She was too beautiful and perfectly fit what he was looking for. "You are amazing," Caleb began. "Ready to go on an adventure my dear?" He awaited her answer before they would head out toward the holodeck for their new adventure.

Seeing the way he reacted to the outfit and wig made her smile before she walked over to him resting her delicate hand against his back as she whispered in his ear. Letting him digest what she had said to him before answering his question about if she was ready to go on their latest adventure. " Well your just as amazing and not quite yet Cal there's something well someone that I want you to meet first " she said a little nervously as she looked at her husband to be.

Taking hold of his hand she led him into the living area of their quarters and gestured towards the sofa that they usually sat on together especially if Caleb was practising his guitar. " Johnson's cat only had the one kitten and when I saw him, I knew I had to bring him home especially with him being blue " she explained hoping he would understand.

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

Caleb's eyes went wide and a smile ran across his face when he saw the kitten. "Kayla... I love you... aww he's so adorable,"He said as he knelt down to say hello to the newest member of their family. He let the kitten sniff his hand and immediately the kitten began to snuggle his hand. He began to pet it and it loudly purred. "Has he got a name yet,"Caleb asked.

Katheryn Brighton

[Deck 2 - Caleb and Katheryn's Quarters]

The worry and uncertainty about how Caleb would take the news about their newest addition soon melted away when he smiled and said what he did. Unable to stop smiling as the kitten took to him immediately and purred loudly. " No not yet as I wanted you to be the one to name him Cal " she replied honestly as she continued to watch them.

" I love you too and I was hoping you'd find him just as adorable as I did and with him being your favourite colour you can see why I couldn't resist him".

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on July 06, 2017, 01:47:46 PM

The worry and uncertainty about how Caleb would take the news about their newest addition soon melted away when he smiled and said what he did. Unable to stop smiling as the kitten took to him immediately and purred loudly. " No not yet as I wanted you to be the one to name him Cal " she replied honestly as she continued to watch them.

" I love you too and I was hoping you'd find him just as adorable as I did and with him being your favourite colour you can see why I couldn't resist him".

"He is so adorable. I think I'll name him Buddy," Caleb said with a smile. When he said Buddy, the small floof of a cat chirped. "Aww you like that huh?" He asked. He picked Buddy up to cuddle with him for a bit before they decided to head on their adventure. "Hopefully we get some shore leave soon so we can pick up a brush and collar for him," Caleb said with a smile.

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on July 08, 2017, 12:21:39 PM

"He is so adorable. I think I'll name him Buddy," Caleb said with a smile. When he said Buddy, the small floof of a cat chirped. "Aww you like that huh?" He asked. He picked Buddy up to cuddle with him for a bit before they decided to head on their adventure. "Hopefully we get some shore leave soon so we can pick up a brush and collar for him," Caleb said with a smile.

Watching the way Caleb was with the kitten made Katheryn's mind wander for a moment at what he would be like when the time came for them to have a family no doubt as perfect as he was now and just as sweet. Smiling at the thought until Caleb's question brought her back to the present " Yeah that would be good if we could unless we can replicate them for now and as for the name you picked it definitely suits him " she replied walking over to them and scratched behind Buddy's ear.

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

Caleb was holding Buddy for a whittle while longer before putting him down. He immediately made for his bed and fell asleep. Caleb's heart melted. This would help with those lonely late nights when they were working odd shifts. He smiled looking at Buddy sleeping before he took Katheryn's hand. He gave her a kiss on the cheek before they began to head out. "Ready?" He asked with a smile. When she nodded, they headed toward their destination.

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on July 09, 2017, 11:10:35 AM

Caleb was holding Buddy for a whittle while longer before putting him down. He immediately made for his bed and fell asleep. Caleb's heart melted. This would help with those lonely late nights when they were working odd shifts. He smiled looking at Buddy sleeping before he took Katheryn's hand. He gave her a kiss on the cheek before they began to head out. "Ready?" He asked with a smile. When she nodded, they headed toward their destination.

It felt as though the whole thing couldn't get any more cuter or adorable as Caleb continued to hold Buddy for a little longer until the tiny floof made his way over to his bed and immediately fell asleep and knew that she had made the right choice bringing him home with her. Smiling brightly as Caleb then took hold of her hand and kissed her cheek then nodded to say she was ready.

Out of their quarters and despite it only being a short journey to the holodeck always enjoyed these moments where it was just the two of them not really taking notice of those around them as they walked hand in hand. " I'm really looking forward to this adventure babe " she said looking over at her beloved.

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on July 09, 2017, 11:18:37 AM

It felt as though the whole thing couldn't get any more cuter or adorable as Caleb continued to hold Buddy for a little longer until the tiny floof made his way over to his bed and immediately fell asleep and knew that she had made the right choice bringing him home with her. Smiling brightly as Caleb then took hold of her hand and kissed her cheek then nodded to say she was ready.

Out of their quarters and despite it only being a short journey to the holodeck always enjoyed these moments where it was just the two of them not really taking notice of those around them as they walked hand in hand. " I'm really looking forward to this adventure babe " she said looking over at her beloved.

[Holodeck]

As Caleb looked over at the program, he smiled. This was one that was a long time coming. He gave Katheryn a long kiss before he knew he had to get into character. They would be starting out at different locations for this one. Once he asked her if she was ready she nodded. He pressed a few buttons and they removed hands as they stepped in. The world around them began to dissolve and the world of the program began.

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on July 09, 2017, 03:35:03 PM

[Holodeck]

As Caleb looked over at the program, he smiled. This was one that was a long time coming. He gave Katheryn a long kiss before he knew he had to get into character. They would be starting out at different locations for this one. Once he asked her if she was ready she nodded. He pressed a few buttons and they removed hands as they stepped in. The world around them began to dissolve and the world of the program began.

Katheryn savoured every second of the long kiss making the most of it before they let go of one another's hands and smiled at her husband to be as they stepped into the holodeck. Watching as the programme started around them and she was both excited at the prospect of doing something completely different and a little nervous as she didn't want to let him down especially knowing how much this all meant to him.

The nerves however were soon pushed aside as she looked at him and knew that she would enjoy herself no matter what.

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

[ A bar in some off distance backwater planet ]

The Bard, a well to do man with a mysterious past, walked into the establishment knows a "PR3". Despite it being on a lesser known planet, it was still known for it's class, but also the shady deals that go down there. The Bard was investigating a signal he tracked to this location. He had his pistol hidden in his coat and his sonic at the ready to begin his scan.

Catrin Maddux

[Bar - PW3]

A rangy fellow seated at the bar stood up, the small ping of the sensor in his pocket bringing him out of his bemused reverie. A grin broke out across his face, white teeth flashing above his stubbled chin. With a flourish of his long coat, he revealed an odd weapon. Instead of the barrel of a conventional rifle, it appeared to be shaped like a whisk, with an odd robotic sight, distinguished by a bright blue lens.

"Oi ya dodgy rounder. Knew I'd find you if I just plunked myself down in the nearest pub."

The man drew the weapon into position and the nearest patrons fled from the line of fire.  He paid them no mind and quickly aimed his shot at his quarry. His finger tensed on the trigger and he fired, a flurry of brightly colored projectiles flew at their target. A hot pink marshmallow landed square between Bard's eyes.

"Bullseye." He gave Bard a roguish wink, and sidled over to his side,  offering a bag of rainbow colored treats. The bartender glared daggers at his back, but again, such matters were beneath his notice. The patrons returned to their seats, surly but unharmed.

Tell me your troubles and doubts. Giving me everything inside and out...

Katheryn Brighton

[Bar - PR3]

Freya the Bard's newest companion stumbled into the bar moments later after being accosted in the street by a four armed brute who thought it was clever to try to drag her away but soon realised who he was dealing with when she aimed a well practised defensive kick right where it would hurt the most.

Annoyed at the distraction especially when she had been told to stay close, was almost pushed out of the way by some fleeing patrons but managed to move just in time to see the Bard being fired at by some man she didn't know and thought it was very strange to see him now offering him candy. She immediately went over to them and ignored the other man at first as she looked at the Bard " Are you okay?" she asked then glowered evilly at the man beside him wanting to say something but decided he wasn't worth her insults.

Academy Commandant

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.