Cultural Appreciation Fair (open to anyone)

Started by Naira, August 23, 2017, 08:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on September 29, 2017, 06:53:43 PM

[Upper Promenade: Table 3]

It was wonderful to see the Commander with his husband so happy and comfortable together. They had built a loving family on the Station. She smiled at Ashley and Christopher.

Ryan then began to pay attention to Knox directly and she began to feel a little hot, staring into his intense eyes as he spoke to her.

Oh my.... Very nice. Well done, Commander.... Oh, wait. Station. Treating me. Right.

Wondering if she had been staring at Ryan a little longer than polite, Knox nervously readjusted herself hoping it was not too obvious as she cleared her throat to answer him.

"I like that the Station is so alive with so many different species and cultures. I am the first Knox host to join StarFleet. It is hard to measure up to my previous accomplishments. Though, I believe I am putting my memories to good use here."

Knox was unsure as to how uncomfortable the Commander was with her being so informal as they socialized. He just always seemed to give off a distinctive accusatory vibe. In her mind she could not help running through everything she may have done wrong in all her lifetimes!

Feeling somewhat adventurous and brave, perhaps due to the delightful bone marrow, Knox sat more comfortably and hoped to continue the conversation. She was curious how Ryan was able to read the Commander so well and if he had always been able to do so.

"So tell me, how did you both meet?"

[Location: Upper Promenade]

It did not take long for one of their children, specifically their son to crawl into Tritter's lap. The young child was a bit  socially awkward and preferred the comfort of being close to one of his parents in situations where there was a lot of people around. Ryan looked a bit curiously at her, he didn't know a whole lot about other species. He than nodded slightly and added "I am sure you will do well, I have heard good things" The man's tone was cordial and seemingly... relaxing, as he had that affect on people.

At her next question, Ryan looked to Tritter for a moment, he than focused back towards the female. He than grinned slightly and said, "We're both involved with Law Enforcement, Michael has retired from it and I'm still on the job, I am not had enough time in to retire yet. I'm a SWAT Team Commander. We met through the job, specifically through a homicide seminar the agency I work for was putting on. How about yourself?" If there was one skill set that he did have, it was his ability to read people, although uncanny on it's own. His psychic abilities made that even easier, but he was not the type to invade someones mind without asking unless it was a dire emergency. He also wasn't too much of the type to pry into someone else's personal life, but he figured the question was appropriate since she was asking him questions.

Tritter seemed comfortable enough to let his Husband do the talking, he just kept an eye on the Kiddo in his lap and was making small talk with his son, he wrapped his left arm around the small child to reassure him. Although he did keep an eye on his surroundings, he was highly situationaly aware, both of them were.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Leanna Mazal

Quote from: Jenna McKinson on September 28, 2017, 07:03:30 PM

[ Puzzles ]

Jenna blushed as she felt Molly's arms wrap around her from behind. Molly whispered into her ear that she missed her and she then kissed her cheek. Despite them being secretive, Molly was not really sure if she wanted to be public yet. Jenna sensed her hesitation and was hesitant herself. Though Molly was not questioning her own sexuality and preferences, she had never actually gone through with it. They had decided to try a few dates and if there was no spark that they would remain friends. Though once they had gotten to know one another, over a few late night meals, the spark was too good to ignore.

Jenna then turned her head to look up at Molly. Molly smiled at Jenna and that was when she gave Molly one of her all too famous smirks. Before Molly could react, Jenna closed the gap and kissed her. Molly's cheeks flushed red as her eyes closed. Jenna's followed suit and sensed Molly's feelings.  Jenna placed one of her hands Molly's hand to assure her that she should not be nervous. When she did that Molly's hands stopped quivering. Any ill thought or nervousness melted away. It didn't matter what anyone thought in that moment. They were prepared if any stupid people said anything afterward.

Eliana walked over and cleared her throat. When she did she noticed the two ladies, then locked in a kiss, jump. She chuckled lightly, hiding her anger in that moment, and spoke. "Do either of you want a drink? Jenna if you do I can put whatever frilly thing you like up on the stage for when you go to sing," Eliana said. Normally she would not act this way with customers, but her and Jenna's history allowed for some non professional  banter.

"For your information I don't drink those fruity drinks. Second I will have a long island tea and please put it up on the stage," Jenna said in a snarky tone. If Molly hadn't been holding her in place, she would have crossed her arms. Molly was blushing and then Jenna smiled looking up at her like everything was ok. Jenna's blush was apparent, but so was Molly's. "I will have a tequila sunrise," Molly said with a bit of a squeak to her voice.

[Puzzles]

Leanna couldn't help but smile at the display of affection between Jenna and Molly feeling the happiness and love radiating from them until the moment was tarred slightly by the arrival of Eliana and it was obvious that she wasn't happy by what she had witnessed but loved the way Jenna retaliated hiding a grin at how she had been brought down a peg or two.

However this wasn't going to go unnoticed and maybe it was time to remind Eliana not to let personal issues affect her work. " If you excuse me all of you I need to have a word with my waitress" she said motioning for Eliana to follow her to the storage area next to the bar.

" What the hell was that Eliana or do I have to remind you that you can't talk to customers like that or make things awkward because of your personal history ?" she demanded not happy especially when she needed to accept that Jenna was happy with someone else.

Arrun Dihsar

[Puzzles]

To Molly's affection toward Jenna he made no comment; to Arrun, love was between spirits and that bond transcended most barriers. Though he had met the odd priest or sect member that opposed such a union, even casually, Arrun was glad most of his people saw nothing strange about love being found no matter what. If anything, he was a little more flustered by the openness of affection in general than anything to do with their gender. Despite his experiences at the Academy, Arrun was still a cloistered man whose eyes were slowly being opened to the wider and wider galaxy around him.

Before he could comment on his own order, Leanna pulled away her waitress Eliana to have their talk. Arrun had seen the exchange and thought some level of light banter had been on tap. Though, the pair disappearing into a backroom, even Arrun could not miss the note of tension. He almost commented on this, but decided he knew too little about the ladies or their situation; he no longer enjoyed the immunity of priestly vestments to allow him to pry into other people's business, he was just another Bajoran in a bar: any nosiness from him would surely be unwelcome he figured. Instead he just shrugged to Jenna and Molly, leaving his unease to himself otherwise.

"Well, I am not one to refuse an offer of a drink." Arrun said somewhat to himself and somewhat to another waitress at the bar. "I'll have a glass of springwine if you have any; a glass of Sherry if you don't." Even in a bar full of variety, Arrun could not help but at least ask after a wine of his homeworld; though, he harbored doubts it was even in stock, given how far from home he was. Sherry was a safer bet, given the wide reach of Terran liquor across the Federation; and he had no taste for anything Andorian or Vulcan, which were just as prevalent he had found in his travels before joining Starfleet.

Jenna McKinson

[ Puzzles - Eliana ]

Eliana didn't realize how unprofessional she was until Leanna pulled her aside. She sighed and immediately rubbed her temples. She shook her head. "Sorry boss I don't know what came over me. I guess I think it was a knee jerk reaction. I should be happy for her, but I don't know. I was the one who had doubts you know. I have no right to even be speaking to her after what I did. I am glad she is talking to me," She said. She knew she needed to keep her cool.

Seeing Jenna kiss Molly made something well up inside her. Her initial thought was "Who is that tart she is with? She does not know Jenna half as well as I do!" She was weak in that moment. She kept the group's orders in the back of her head. All she wanted to do was go apologize, mainly to appease her friend, but just get back to work. She massaged her templed once again, maybe she needed to speak to that counselor about her deep issues.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Leanna Mazal

Quote from: Jenna McKinson on October 01, 2017, 01:57:53 PM

[ Puzzles - Eliana ]

Eliana didn't realize how unprofessional she was until Leanna pulled her aside. She sighed and immediately rubbed her temples. She shook her head. "Sorry boss I don't know what came over me. I guess I think it was a knee jerk reaction. I should be happy for her, but I don't know. I was the one who had doubts you know. I have no right to even be speaking to her after what I did. I am glad she is talking to me," She said. She knew she needed to keep her cool.

Seeing Jenna kiss Molly made something well up inside her. Her initial thought was "Who is that tart she is with? She does not know Jenna half as well as I do!" She was weak in that moment. She kept the group's orders in the back of her head. All she wanted to do was go apologize, mainly to appease her friend, but just get back to work. She massaged her templed once again, maybe she needed to speak to that counselor about her deep issues.

[Puzzles]

Leanna listened to Eliana's apology and from what she could tell from both her body language and thoughts especially the last one she understood completely why she had reacted the way she did but at least she also knew how unprofessional she had been. However Leanna wasn't going to take it any further besides she was already punishing herself.

" Apology accepted and I understand completely but yes I would apologise when you take their drinks over but for now nothing more will be said on the matter " Leanna replied. " Now lets get back to work and Arrun has kindly offered to teach me how to make jumja sticks well maybe not straightaway but I want us all to have a good time especially when Jenna gets up to sing and play " she said turning round to head back to the others.

Jenna McKinson

Quote from: Leanna Mazal on October 01, 2017, 02:03:39 PM

[Puzzles]

Leanna listened to Eliana's apology and from what she could tell from both her body language and thoughts especially the last one she understood completely why she had reacted the way she did but at least she also knew how unprofessional she had been. However Leanna wasn't going to take it any further besides she was already punishing herself.

" Apology accepted and I understand completely but yes I would apologise when you take their drinks over but for now nothing more will be said on the matter " Leanna replied. " Now lets get back to work and Arrun has kindly offered to teach me how to make jumja sticks well maybe not straightaway but I want us all to have a good time especially when Jenna gets up to sing and play " she said turning round to head back to the others.

[ Puzzles - Eliana ]

Eliana nodded embarrassed at how she acted. She then immediately ran over to the bar to help Rixxy get the orders filed quickly. She came over to Arrun after outting the drinks for Molly and Jenna on the stage near their instruments. "Here you are sugar. We had plenty of springwine,"Eliana said as she handed Arrun his glass of wine. She immediately apologized to him and the group. Jenna raised an eyebrow, but acccepted the apology. She stated she was going to go get ready to play and that everyone should find a good place to be while she did. Molly was a bit nervous in expression, but that faded once Jenna led Molly up to the stage.

"You are in for a treat. Jenna is really talented. Back when her and I worked at the same bar, she would sing almost every night. She was close to making it too, but some deals fell through. I heard through the grapvine Molly plays the bass pretty well. I am just glad she is happy and found her place it seems like. A clean start is what we both needed," Eliana said with a smile. She needed to accept that Jenna moved on. Though part of her would still love Jenna, Eliana knew she needed to move on if she would have a chance at still keeping Jenna in her life to a degree. She decided to push all ill thoughts out for the moment and focus on her work.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Arrun Dihsar

Quote from: Jenna McKinson on October 01, 2017, 07:27:56 PM

[ Puzzles - Eliana ]
Eliana nodded embarrassed at how she acted. She then immediately ran over to the bar to help Rixxy get the orders filed quickly. She came over to Arrun after outting the drinks for Molly and Jenna on the stage near their instruments. "Here you are sugar. We had plenty of springwine,"Eliana said as she handed Arrun his glass of wine. She immediately apologized to him and the group. Jenna raised an eyebrow, but acccepted the apology. She stated she was going to go get ready to play and that everyone should find a good place to be while she did. Molly was a bit nervous in expression, but that faded once Jenna led Molly up to the stage.

"You are in for a treat. Jenna is really talented. Back when her and I worked at the same bar, she would sing almost every night. She was close to making it too, but some deals fell through. I heard through the grapvine Molly plays the bass pretty well. I am just glad she is happy and found her place it seems like. A clean start is what we both needed," Eliana said with a smile. She needed to accept that Jenna moved on. Though part of her would still love Jenna, Eliana knew she needed to move on if she would have a chance at still keeping Jenna in her life to a degree. She decided to push all ill thoughts out for the moment and focus on her work.

[Puzzles]
Arrun took his glass with a warm smile and sipped the bright, sweet wine. "I hope to appreciate it." He said turning his attention to the stage as they prepared. "I once listened to the Synth World band live in San Francisco. Very upbeat and, so I was told, classic music of Earth." He shrugged. "I'm more partial to the softly sung poetics of Lea or Zade Hera." He sipped his drink again. "Then again, nothing wrong with a nice surprise once in awhile."

Leanna Mazal

[Puzzles]

With the Eliana situation taken care of, Leanna noticed Jenna head towards the stage and was really looking forward to hearing her play. It was then that Reuben caught her attention and she waved him over. " I told Jenna that you would help her out and have the others ready just in case she needs anything " she said.

" Sure thing Lea, I'll go get everything set up with her"He replied making Leanna smile as he walked back over to the stage. Leanna then made her way back over to where Arrun was stood with Eliana and Molly. " I'm back now lets get this party started properly " she said as Seamus handed her a tall glass containing a rather colourful cocktail.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.