S1 - M9: Pollice Verso

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, June 28, 2017, 11:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm Adeyemi

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Arena]

Adeyemi did not have time to mourn or analyze his killing of the Xa'zii gladiator. His life, and more importantly, the lives of his crew were on the line. The spiritual dilemma could come later.

About 30 meters away, a crewman in blue was shakily warding off an attacker with a spear. The weapon was too long and unwieldy for the crewman, who was also holding it incorrectly. His swings were wilder and wilder, lower and slower. Adeyemi felt his boots crunching over the sand before he even knew he was moving.

"Behind me, get behind me!" The captain ordered. The crewman was only too happy to obey, dropping his spear and in fact running away.

The lizard didn't mind the change in opponent. It was wielding a long leather scourge studded here and there with blood stained bits of sharp metal. He raised it to strike and did so faster than Adeyemi could see.

The captain intercepted the whip with his own weapon, several of its leather and metal bands encircling the mace. More than a few got through and struck deep into Adeyemi's arms, slashing through the uniform and laying the arm bare and bloody in an instant. The captain cursed heartily and tugged at his mace, but the two weapons were tangled.

The Xa'zii let go of his whip and charged. Adeyemi felt himself being lifted and ran across the arena. The lizard didn't throw him to the ground; he had more than enough strength and stamina to keep on running him all the way back to the Gibson, probably. But once the captain collected himself and looked behind him he saw a cluster of spikes sticking out from the arena wall directly in his path.

The crowd sensed what was coming and got out of their seats to crowd and stare as the human was ran at the deadly, jagged spikes.

Ramona Pilgrim

(Long Range Transporter Shuttle)

Ramona sat in the shuttlecraft. She wasn't too thrilled with where she had been. She needed a good brawl with a hostile alien race and hoped this new assignment would provide that.

"So, what brings a girl like you to a place like this?" the chipper helmsman asked.

"Watch it, there flyboy," she sassed back. "I'm just going where Starfleet needs me. How much longer until we arrive? I'm getting nauseous from either your flying or the stench of you cologne."

As soon as the pilot opened his mouth she knew was going to be a long flight.

She moved to the back of the shuttle to try and get some rest. No sooner had she closed her eyes than the helmsman called over the comm.

=/\=Hey, we're actually getting closer to the Starbase now. Hold on, I'm getting a message from them.

Perfect. Looks like my timing is still terrible, she muttered in her head.

=/\=Looks like we're heading to the Gibson instead. Apparently the captain needs you there right away.=/\=

Upon approach to the Gibson, Ramona felt something strange way over her. It was like a transporter break, but not quite. Whole in transit she lost consciousness.

(About half an hour later in a holding cell)

When she regained consciousness, she found herself in a dimly lit holding cell. Her uniform was a bit tattered, but no worse for the wear.

Alright you damn igits, what is going on!?! she shouted. If it's a fight you want, you'll have no argument from me!

It looked like she was going to get that brawl she was after. She got giddy at the thought.

You just have this convenient subspace highway running through your head that I like to use. It's like three miles in 15 seconds. I forgot you guys don't have that in Canada.

Auzual Knox

[Arena]

As Knox ran, chanting echoed around her. The roars of success and defeat. The smell of blood and sand filled the air. She tried to focus on her breathing, and of course her plan. She tried to avoid the Xa'zii. She tried not to dwell on the screams she heard around her, nor on the voices she heard inside of her...

Darzem: Focus. This is not the time for sentimentality. Look out! That was very close, too close. See we need to stay focused. Left, left, LEFT!

Sirzi: I shall need at least two weeks at the Hoobishan Baths following this.

Jorzon: This bacteria of theirs is pretty interesting stuff. Like going through the Rite of Emergence all at once in our own head. It is actually beginning to get rather annoying, though.

Izu: See what happens when we join StarFleet? Why did we join StarFleet again? We are Knox, we are too important. If anyone ever found out about us. We are being reckless, very reckless.

Nazar: Knox, I know you cannot really count on me for this, but do know I am with us. I knew you were right for joining as soon as I saw you, Katharoz. We all knew. Do not hate yourself if this is where we end.

Knox attempted to hush her voices to no avail. She now had a headache as well as cramp in her legs. Her heart was pounding and her eyesight distorted.

She screamed as something pierced her left side. Blood trickled from the wound. Stumbling a little, she regained her footing and continued straight on her path. Nothing would stop her. Not now. Not even the sharp stabbing pain that took her breath away.

Darzem: I told you to watch your left! Stop listening to the others, only listen to me. Is the stasis field emitter damaged?

Jorzon: It could work, perhaps. If you do not get us killed first.

As she was regaining her footing she noticed a young officer in blue and wondered how best to help him. As she readjusted her speed, Captain Adeyemi pushed him to the side, but the Xa'zii charged at him. Repositioning herself and hoping not to hit the Captain, she aimed.

The speed at which the knives flew towards the target surprised her. She did not have the kind of upper body strength to promote such force, nor the eyesight for such accuracy. But sure enough the blades hit the side of the Xa'zii head straight into their crude ear.

Hope that helps, Captain.

Sirzi: I think it is best we continue towards Jalen the Tall. You are running out of time and we only have one chance at this and it is very unlikely to work.

I know. But I have to try.

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Daniel Howell

Arena
As Dan entered the arena with everyone else he looked around his surroundings to get an idea of what he was up against. Entrances for both the Xa'zii and them were both heavily guarded and the surrounds were full of Xa'zii spectators so there was no clear line of escape. They were in essence going to literally have to fight their way out of this.

Other officers started taking positions as Captain Adeyemi gave his orders and recommendations. Some took positions near security, others spread out a bit more to give clear lines of attack. Dan wasn't one to respond well to fights of this type and so he was undoubtedly going to fight. There were about 40 Xa'zii which equated to about double of the 40 odd Starfleet officers.

As the Xa'zii leader Jalen the tall made a speech, Howell recited to himself a poem.

Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight I'll ever know
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day.

The poem that bared quite a resemblance to this situation. It was only at that point, he realised he was scared, he was genuinely scared. As the Xa'zii charged, some of Starfleet did and began to make contact. There was no time to take note of the shouting of the crowds or the screaming of injured officers and Xa'zii alike. Howell made a charge for a close by opponent, shouting at the top of his lungs. The two made contact. Dipping low, he dodged as many swings as he could, whilst returning some during gaps, keeping the opponent at bay. He took a clean hit to the stomach, winding him and knocking him to the floor. He continued to dodge whilst on the deck. A gap allowed him to get back up and with one clean swing hit the Xa'zii, knocking him out cold.

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

T'Prina

[Arena]

The air rumbled with the cries of the jeering crowd, punctuated by the grunts and shouts of the combatants. T'Prina darted through the chaos, and struck out at the Xa'zii warriors. Her expertly timed strikes of the halberd she had chosen, were aimed to unbalance the lizard men and give her embattled crewmates the advantage. As she found a pocket of calm in the storm of writhing bodies, she paused to catch her breath. A bit of the garish purple paste one of of the lizard priests had slobbed on her face trickled into the corner of her eye and she wiped at it with her sleeve. It smelled of some sort of sour fruit. Once her vision had cleared, movement caught her eye.

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on June 30, 2017, 08:23:43 AM

[Arena]

The Xa'zii let go of his whip and charged. Adeyemi felt himself being lifted and ran across the arena. The lizard didn't throw him to the ground; he had more than enough strength and stamina to keep on running him all the way back to the Gibson, probably. But once the captain collected himself and looked behind him he saw a cluster of spikes sticking out from the arena wall directly in his path.

The crowd sensed what was coming and got out of their seats to crowd and stare as the human was ran at the deadly, jagged spikes.

"Tiar merra..." The Vulcan swore under her breath and dove into action without delay. She sprinted across the field of battle, only for another large brutish lizardman to step into her path. He grinned stupidly, yellowed fangs dripping viscous saliva as he anticipated an easy kill. Undeterred, T'Prina planted the butt end of her halberd into the sandy ground of the Arena, and used it as leverage to pole vault over the thuggish Xa'zii. She landed catlike behind him and swung the large pole arm in an arc. The sharp bladed end sliced into his neck with almost surgical precision and he collapsed in a fountain of blood, clutching his neck.

Without stopping to assess the carnage, she placed herself in the direct path of the lizard warrior carrying a struggling Captain Adeyemi. The deceptively strong Vulcan braced herself firmly for the inevitable collision, bladed halberd poised and ready. She called out to Adeyemi.

"Fascinating. I did not think you to be the Á¢â,¬Ëœdamsel in distress' sort, Captain." Again an offbeat humor colored her otherwise disinterested tone of voice. They could have been in a library on Vulcan for all the concern she outwardly showed.

At your smallest components, you are indistinguishable from a forest fire.
Bio

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Arena]

The Xa'zii took a knife to the brain pan as it crashed into T'Prina. It was as if an unyielding force had struck an immovable object, and Adeyemi was in the middle.

An explosion of black comets was all he remembered, which bounced crazily off one another in his vision. He remembered stealing some breadfruit from a roadside cart back in Lagos as a boy, for no other reason than to do it. His father had beaten him hard for that one, with a cutting board, and that was barely approaching the eruption of pain and impact that he felt now.

When he could breathe and move Adeyemi tried to sit up, and every inch of his 6'2" frame protested. His arm was still bleeding and laid open in places. He hurriedly looked for his mace, couldn't find it. He stood tiredly.

"Thank God for you," Adeyemi told T'Prina once he could spare breath. "Your knowledge of human fairytales is quaint, but perhaps we could save the cultural interchange for another time."

Squatting, he saw that in its headlong blood thirsty rush to skewer him, the Xa'zii had ran straight onto T'Prina's halberd. Her kill was thorough and clean. The lizard was down and had barely bled, so precise was she. The lizard man had a short sword strapped to his thigh. Adeyemi fumbled with it, tossed the scabbard aside. He saluted Ensign Knox with it. The crowd above them was raining down insults, cheers, and a few pieces of debris. The captain saluted them too.

"Form up in pairs!" The captain bellowed, his accented voice carrying across the arena. "Stay with your partner!"

"Will you join me, Lieutenant?" Adeyemi asked the Vulcan with a roguish smile. He wasn't enjoying himself but it wasn't a time to frown, either. "If we can convince any of these so called men to fight you again."

As if in response, an arrow sizzled between them and stuck out from the wall of spikes. The crowd relentlessly shouted the name of their slaughter goddess. It was time to move.

Ramona Pilgrim

(Holding Cell Near Arena)

You will not be so enthused when you enter the arena, a gruff voice retorted. In you go!

The guard grabbed her by the am and dragged her out of the cell. Whole on their way, he applied markings to her face. She could hear the distant roar of a crowd.

As they neared, there was a weapons room. She was instructed to choose her preference in combative tool.

As she looked at the various weapons, her eyes wandered to a rather large warhammer.

She picked it up and was then thrust into the arena. She found the nearest lizard beastie and with one swing knocked the creature across the arena. The crowd roared in approval.

She took a quick knee to assess any further opponents, size of the arena, and if any other Starfleet personnel were around. She spotted a few uniforms that were a bit tattered, but still recognizable.

As Ramona turned her head back to center, another creature came charging at her. She lifted her hammer so the spikes on top we're having out.

Ah, good, the next one, she exclaimed.

She thrust the top of the hammer into her opponent's stomach and waved the lot to the right, throwing the lizard-man away.

Hey, Trill, Ramona called to the only person with spots, where the hell are we and do you need help?

She started over toward the Trill in anticipation of assisting.

You just have this convenient subspace highway running through your head that I like to use. It's like three miles in 15 seconds. I forgot you guys don't have that in Canada.

Auzual Knox

[Arena]

The uproar from the crowd startled and alarmed Knox. She had no idea if it was for a really good, or really bad kill. Actually, she had no idea if a good or bad kill meant the crew or the Xa'zii.

The Captain?

Moments later she was relieved to hear his voice faintly instructing everyone to pair up and stay together and watched as he waved her knife. She felt light-headed. Realizing it was dehydration, she slowed down and took small sips from her rehydration pack and heard another voice.

Quote from: Ramona Pilgrim on July 01, 2017, 01:45:00 PM

Hey, Trill, Ramona called to the only person with spots, where the hell are we and do you need help?
She started over toward the Trill in anticipation of assisting.

Not another voice in my head. Who is it now?

She glanced to her right, noticed a petite officer running towards her, and rather glad that the voice belonged to her.

Nazar Blue. My favorite color and such a sweet smile.

Darzem In the middle of all of this you take note of the young woman's hair and facial expressions?

Nazar Actually, my last memory is of the facial expressions of wonderful red haired lady with beautiful hazel eyes leading me through Jamaharon.

"It was heaven. Blue. Nice smile. No. What?"

Introductions later. She did not recognize the young officer and wondered if this would help or hinder her plan.

Nazar Always good to have a pretty face around. It brightens up your spots.

Sirzi This is not going to go well.

Izu Now? This is the moment you realize it is not going to go well for us? Not the being infected with Xa'zii bacteria, or the being sliced open by something sharp and probably covered in something worse, or the running around an ancient arena with the purpose of kill or be killed?

"I need to get to there - their leader - there - Jalen the Tall."

Knox breathed heavily and wiped some of the fuchsia blood that had dried and turned mauve off her forehead whilst pointing to the far end towards the platform.

"I have a stasis field emitter."

Darzem She shall slow us down, just leave her. Go now.

Nazar Such a rare flower cannot be left out here alone. And the Captain did order us to pair-up. I think you should work on your tone. She could think you do not like her.

Sirzi And, when pray tell did you ever follow orders?

"And, when did I start liking her?"

This is not a good sign, I am officially arguing with my hosts, aloud.

Jorzon But, she is small. She could probably climb up to the platform a lot faster than us. We are injured after all. We should take advantage of the situation that has presented itself.

Knox pressed against her side, it ached. Sighing, she raised her eyebrow and turned to her.

"Actually, I could use you. I mean your body. I mean. Can you climb up those rocks, there, under the platform and set the stasis field emitter close enough without being seen?"

Nazar. Not one word.

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on July 01, 2017, 12:32:37 PM

[Arena]

The Xa'zii took a knife to the brain pan as it crashed into T'Prina. It was as if an unyielding force had struck an immovable object, and Adeyemi was in the middle.

An explosion of black comets was all he remembered, which bounced crazily off one another in his vision. He remembered stealing some breadfruit from a roadside cart back in Lagos as a boy, for no other reason than to do it. His father had beaten him hard for that one, with a cutting board, and that was barely approaching the eruption of pain and impact that he felt now.

When he could breathe and move Adeyemi tried to sit up, and every inch of his 6'2" frame protested. His arm was still bleeding and laid open in places. He hurriedly looked for his mace, couldn't find it. He stood tiredly.

"Thank God for you," Adeyemi told T'Prina once he could spare breath. "Your knowledge of human fairytales is quaint, but perhaps we could save the cultural interchange for another time."

Squatting, he saw that in its headlong blood thirsty rush to skewer him, the Xa'zii had ran straight onto T'Prina's halberd. Her kill was thorough and clean. The lizard was down and had barely bled, so precise was she. The lizard man had a short sword strapped to his thigh. Adeyemi fumbled with it, tossed the scabbard aside. He saluted Ensign Knox with it. The crowd above them was raining down insults, cheers, and a few pieces of debris. The captain saluted them too.

"Form up in pairs!" The captain bellowed, his accented voice carrying across the arena. "Stay with your partner!"

"Will you join me, Lieutenant?" Adeyemi asked the Vulcan with a roguish smile. He wasn't enjoying himself but it wasn't a time to frown, either. "If we can convince any of these so called men to fight you again."

As if in response, an arrow sizzled between them and stuck out from the wall of spikes. The crowd relentlessly shouted the name of their slaughter goddess. It was time to move.

Tritter had been focused on holding down the Xa'zii, he didn't feel it would be advantageous for him to kill the Xa'zii, he than heard the Captain speak... He already had a "partner" if you will, one of the young Science Officers who had been captured as well, they had picked up on the fact that the Executive Officer was strong and more than able to hold his own, so they stuck around the Executive Officer for protection. Tritter than drove his elbow square into the area where the skull meets the spine. He knocked the Xa'zii out quickly with the effective and well placed blow.

He than shifted his focus to the Captain, he nodded slightly to the other man. Tritter than rose to his feet, holding his flail in his right hand. The Science Ensign that was with him, stood off to Tritter's right, Tritter had instructed them to as he is right handed and he is a bit quicker on that side versus his off side. Little did he know that Jalen had a surprise for them...

After about thirty seconds, a large Xa'zii that was about a foot taller than Tritter and roughly one hundred pounds heavier than him would than jump from the side lines into the Arena. The Xa'zii had a Tritter growled a bit to himself, he seriously had a feeling that Jalen was out to kill him. But he would absolutely give it 110% and crush them, at least he knew that is the mindset he needed to have. The Xa'zii carried a five foot broadsword in their left hand. The Xa'zii than grinned widely and looked at Tritter, "Time to die Soft Skin"

Tritter didn't comment, he just held the flail at the ready and waited for his assailant to make their way towards him... He knew that getting them to come first at him would give him a key edge. The two stared each-other down for a few moments, the Xa'zii did not try to rush Tritter, but Tritter knew he would have to play them, he took two quick steps towards the Xa'zii. After a step and a half, the Xa'zii broke towards Tritter in a full on sprint. Tritter remained laser focused on the Xa'zii as they ran at him, Tritter than swung his flail towards the Xa'zii, although Tritter had hit him square in the side of the head, the Xa'zii was undeterred, he than proceeded to keep running straight forward at the Executive Officer, proceeding to toss the man about fifteen feet from the force of the impact.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Ramona Pilgrim

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on July 01, 2017, 10:05:42 PM

[Arena]

The uproar from the crowd startled and alarmed Knox. She had no idea if it was for a really good, or really bad kill. Actually, she had no idea if a good or bad kill meant the crew or the Xa'zii.

The Captain?

Moments later she was relieved to hear his voice faintly instructing everyone to pair up and stay together and watched as he waved her knife. She felt light-headed. Realizing it was dehydration, she slowed down and took small sips from her rehydration pack and heard another voice.

Not another voice in my head. Who is it now?

She glanced to her right, noticed a petite officer running towards her, and rather glad that the voice belonged to her.

Nazar Blue. My favorite color and such a sweet smile.

Darzem In the middle of all of this you take note of the young woman's hair and facial expressions?

Nazar Actually, my last memory is of the facial expressions of wonderful red haired lady with beautiful hazel eyes leading me through Jamaharon.

"It was heaven. Blue. Nice smile. No. What?"

Introductions later. She did not recognize the young officer and wondered if this would help or hinder her plan.

Nazar Always good to have a pretty face around. It brightens up your spots.

Sirzi This is not going to go well.

Izu Now? This is the moment you realize it is not going to go well for us? Not the being infected with Xa'zii bacteria, or the being sliced open by something sharp and probably covered in something worse, or the running around an ancient arena with the purpose of kill or be killed?

"I need to get to there - their leader - there - Jalen the Tall."

Knox breathed heavily and wiped some of the fuchsia blood that had dried and turned mauve off her forehead whilst pointing to the far end towards the platform.

"I have a stasis field emitter."

Darzem She shall slow us down, just leave her. Go now.

Nazar Such a rare flower cannot be left out here alone. And the Captain did order us to pair-up. I think you should work on your tone. She could think you do not like her.

Sirzi And, when pray tell did you ever follow orders?

"And, when did I start liking her?"

This is not a good sign, I am officially arguing with my hosts, aloud.

Jorzon But, she is small. She could probably climb up to the platform a lot faster than us. We are injured after all. We should take advantage of the situation that has presented itself.

Knox pressed against her side, it ached. Sighing, she raised her eyebrow and turned to her.

"Actually, I could use you. I mean your body. I mean. Can you climb up those rocks, there, under the platform and set the stasis field emitter close enough without being seen?"

Nazar. Not one word.

Excuse, me, what? Ramona said with a hint of indignation We don't have time for this kind of conversation. Anyways, yes, I can climb up there as long as you give me some kind of cover to get there. Anything fancy I need to do to it?

She was taken a bit of guard by the flirtation, but it was nothing new. The Trill was attractive, but it definitely wasn't the time not the place.

Her hammer would be the only issue, but that could be a problem the higher she got. She would have no choice but to leave it with her new crewmate.

T'Prina

[Arena]

[Arena]

T'Prina solemnly nodded. "A partnership would be most logical." As the arrow flew past, missing the point of her ear by less than centimeters, she tilted her head and added sardonically, "It appears the Xa'zii accept your challenge. How unfortunate for them."

She placed a dainty booted foot on the dead lizard's chest for leverage and pulled her weapon out with a wet sounding splortch. Thick mauve colored blood soiled much of the blade and upper shaft of the halberd, but there was no time to be tidy.

Bio

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: T'Prina on July 02, 2017, 06:07:42 PM

[Arena]

T'Prina solemnly nodded. "A partnership would be most logical." As the arrow flew past, missing the point of her ear by less than centimeters, she tilted her head and added sardonically, "It appears the Xa'zii accept your challenge. How unfortunate for them."

She placed a dainty booted foot on the dead lizard's chest for leverage and pulled her weapon out with a wet sounding splortch. Thick mauve colored blood soiled much of the blade and upper shaft of the halberd, but there was no time to be tidy.

[Arena]

Blood pooled in the torn uniform over his sleeve and dripped down onto the sand. The short sword was hard and sure in Adeyemi's hand.

A group of slingers and archers and crossbowmen were letting loose a volley of missiles. Wordlessly, the captain jabbed his sword at a cluster of broken statues and yelled to T'Prina, "Run!"

Smooth rocks and arrows and quarrels fell like a rain of steel and stone. Adeyemi felt something sharp and insistent tug at his temple as he finally reached some cover. He huddled behind an obscene likeness of a six breasted lizard woman and shook his head.

The flash of a blade and steel scraping over marble shocked him out of his momentary stupor. A Xa'zii warrior had been hiding in the group of statues and sprung out to attack.

The lizard man's weapon was much longer and he was much quicker. Adeyemi cursed the Xa'zii and their primitive ways. If this was a phaser fight...but it wasn't. I should schedule more gym time.

The other man's blade was alive in the scaled, clawed hands. Adeyemi's own swordplay was sloppy and rushed in comparison. The two men ran around the statues and exchanged shouts and swings of their swords. Stones and quarrels and arrows clattered off the statues around them.

The captain ducked behind a statue when the Xa'zii tried to impale him. The lizard cursed at him.

"You can't hide forever, weakling--!"

Adeyemi put his shoulder into the statue and pushed. The marble tipped over easily but the lizard stepped aside nimbly, out into the sunlight of the arena.

"Good try, soft skin, but now--"

The lizard fell on his scaly butt, grunting. An arrow has sprouted from his knee. A stone whizzed through the air, catching the Xa'zii full in the face, which exploded in a mauve starburst that streaked over the sand.

"T'Prina?" Adeyemi asked, lowering his sword and looking for his officer.

T'Prina

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on July 02, 2017, 07:17:45 PM

[Arena]

Blood pooled in the torn uniform over his sleeve and dripped down onto the sand. The short sword was hard and sure in Adeyemi's hand.

A group of slingers and archers and crossbowmen were letting loose a volley of missiles. Wordlessly, the captain jabbed his sword at a cluster of broken statues and yelled to T'Prina, "Run!"

Smooth rocks and arrows and quarrels fell like a rain of steel and stone. Adeyemi felt something sharp and insistent tug at his temple as he finally reached some cover. He huddled behind an obscene likeness of a six breasted lizard woman and shook his head.

The flash of a blade and steel scraping over marble shocked him out of his momentary stupor. A Xa'zii warrior had been hiding in the group of statues and sprung out to attack.

The lizard man's weapon was much longer and he was much quicker. Adeyemi cursed the Xa'zii and their primitive ways. If this was a phaser fight...but it wasn't. I should schedule more gym time.

The other man's blade was alive in the scaled, clawed hands. Adeyemi's own swordplay was sloppy and rushed in comparison. The two men ran around the statues and exchanged shouts and swings of their swords. Stones and quarrels and arrows clattered off the statues around them.

The captain ducked behind a statue when the Xa'zii tried to impale him. The lizard cursed at him.

"You can't hide forever, weakling--!"

Adeyemi put his shoulder into the statue and pushed. The marble tipped over easily but the lizard stepped aside nimbly, out into the sunlight of the arena.

"Good try, soft skin, but now--"

The lizard fell on his scaly butt, grunting. An arrow has sprouted from his knee. A stone whizzed through the air, catching the Xa'zii full in the face, which exploded in a mauve starburst that streaked over the sand.

"T'Prina?" Adeyemi asked, lowering his sword and looking for his officer.

[Arena]

T'Prina stood poised, looking for all the world like a batter who just hit a winning grand slam in the World Series. "Over here, sir."

She made her way over to Adeyemi. An arrow she hadn't been able to dodge stuck out of the meat of her thigh. It was painful but she paid it no mind as it was only a flesh wound. "I worked out a quick equation factoring in the angle and velocity of the enemy projectiles and adjusted their course with my weapon in order to aid you. I am satisfied with the results as there seemed to be little change in the force of impact against the target."

The rocks and arrows continued to fall around them. "I suggest we continue this conversation from the shelter of the stone warrior with oversized genitalia. Even in statue form, I believe the artisan was inclined to exaggeration typical to males of any species." The Vulcan bent slightly and snapped the shaft of the arrow off, leaving the barbed tip embedded in her leg. She didn't flinch, but discreetly wiped a bit of green blood off her hands onto the shirt of her uniform.

Bio

Naira

[Arena]

Naira slid off the back of the Xa'zii male she had been fighting as his body came crashing to the ground. "Don't try to move," she addressed him with her good hand still resting on the back of his head. "You will find yourself paralyzed and unable to move. You will live and if we make it through this, I can help you to walk again."

While the other officers and crewmen took to pairing off, Naira scanned the area for possible injuries among the crew. Many of them showed signs of having been roughed up. Most wore tattered uniforms speckled in blood of Xa'zii origin and their own. They weren't trained to fight in such a way and it showed.

On the far side of the arena, Dr. Lunn had laid down his weapon in favor of seeing to the badly injured. He sat couched over a fellow officer bleeding badly from an abdominal injury while clutching at his chest. Even though she was far too far away to see the extent of the injury, she could tell from her position that his condition did not look good. She knew that he needed help and he was going to need protection.

Just as Naira had taken notice to the vulnerable doctor with his back to the fight, so had a Xa'zii warrior with a blood-streaked face and large bulging eyes. She broke out in a full ran, heading straight for the middle-aged Betazoid man, dodging other people as she made her way through the crowd. However, the lizard-man was quicker. He cut her off. He stood between her, the portly ensign and his patient.

She leapt over a body that had collapsed in her path. She stared down the Xa'zii as he turned his attention away from Lunn and towards her. He unfurled a frill with a diameter larger than the length of an average man and let out an ear-piercing hiss, but she wasn't going to let that deter her. She shook her head to clear it of the mild ringing; while simultaneously reaching out with her toes to fling a fallen staff into the air and catch it in her good hand. She tucked her injured arm to her chest as the staff became an extension of her other arm. She kept a safe distance as she turned to sweep his feet out from under him. She spring-boarded into the air and dove over his shoulder, bringing the staff down across his back as she went.

He turned to face her again, only this time she was standing between him and the injured. He ran straight for her, but was met with the end of the sharpened length of wood protruding from where his eye had been only moments before he had heard a loud popping sound. Before he could react, she pulled the staff free and brought it down with a resounding smack to the side of his head that dropped him.

"Are you injured?," She asked the other doctor as she remained standing with her back to him as she surveyed their surroundings for any sign of danger.

"No," he answered. "But I can use your help. They wouldn't let me take any equipment with me...even though I told them I was a doctor. I don't even have a vascular regenerator. How am I supposed to...?"

Unlike him, she was no Betazoid, but she could hear the emotion creeping into his voice. He was practically chocking up as he spoke. She glanced over her shoulder at him and she could see the massive amount of blood covering his arms and uniform, blood his patient had lost. They both knew what was coming, but she knew she had to keep him focused because now wasn't the time for an emotional breakdown.

"Ensign, I need you to keep it together. What are the extent of his injuries? Is he conscious? Alert? Have you checked his pulse?" She was trying to keep him busy and keep him talking. Anything to distract him from the reality around them. It also helped her not to think of the blood that continued to drip down her own arm speckling the ground beneath her feet. 

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.