Personal Log - Caelene Tam

Started by Fala Awen, April 12, 2017, 12:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fala Awen

Mission: The Shakedown

ON:
[USS Challenger, Caelene's Quarters, Prior to first duty shift]

"Computer, begin Personal Log," Caelene stated as she moved about her quarters. Her eyes moved briefly to the box of clothes sitting off to the side in her bedroom. After a brief moment of consideration, she turned and moved to the living area of her quarters.

"I've been aboard the Challenger about an hour so far. Luckily I don't have to report for duty for another few hours, so I'll have some time to settle in. I haven't met anyone from my department yet, nor have I met the Commanding Officer or Executive Officer. Then again, I'm only a Lieutenant JG, so I imagine simply reporting in to my department head will be good enough." The Trill made her way over to three medium sized boxes stacked in a corner. She opened the first one carefully and started rummaging around inside.

"The Chief Engineer is a Lieutenant Korin Masor (NPC), an El-Aurian. I've not had time to find out anything else about him, but I'm hoping to have a chance to before I meet him. At least then I'd have an idea of what to expect. As anxious as I get meeting new people and being on a new ship, it's even worse if I go in blind." Caelene frowned at the thought. She would definitely have to take the time to re-review some of the information she'd received about the Challenger and crew.

She continued as she started pulling out some artwork and pictures of her family, moving about her quarters to find suitable places for them, "I do know the Challenger is an older ship; a refit Excelsior class. Even more interesting is the fact that it has some odd combination of duotronic and isolinear systems. I do like a challenge, but I have a feeling that it could be rather messy during damage control and repair. The main systems have all been moved over to isolinear control, but if an explosion occurs and you have to dig in to fix it, I'm guessing in some areas you'll come across a mixture of both. It seems a bit odd to keep the older system, but perhaps there's some reasoning behind it."

As she opened the second box, Caelene stopped in her tracks. This one mostly contained items that belonged to Milara, the previous Tam host. She had been reluctant to take them, but both Milara's family and the symbiont had encouraged her to do so.

"I'm not sure what to do with Milara's things. I know Tam wanted me to have them and the part of Milara that has stayed with me wanted me to as well. The whole being Joined suddenly has thrown me off even more than usual. It's only been a little over a week, so maybe I shouldn't be so hard on myself. It's odd though...having another person...another consciousness inside of me. There are times when I feel Milara's personality coming through strongly, but mostly I've resisted..."

The Trill knelt down next to the box and carefully began taking things out. There were some pieces of pottery, small sculptures, and various items Milara had found on her archaeological digs. "I'm me, but not me. I don't really know who I am anymore. Until recently, I was Caelene Rennir, StarFleet engineer and Symbiosis Commission reject. Now I'm Caelene Tam... Actually it's odd how quickly I've gotten used to answering to the new name, though perhaps that's due to being Joined."

With the collection of artifacts spread out on her table, Caelene opened the third box. "I suppose I should contact my family again soon as well. My mother and Azorn took the news of my Joining well, but Voris didn't and my father seemed unsure. He'd pinned all his hopes on Voris being Joined, but instead his youngest is...all due to an accident. I guess that over time they'll all get more used to the idea. To be fair, I still need to get used to the idea."

Sighing as she looked at the various items spread out before her, Caelene stood back up. Perhaps she would take a break and look over the Challenger information again for a bit of a break. "Computer, end personal log."

OFF:

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.