The Forgotten Jungles (Caleb and Katheryn)

Started by Caleb Brighton, April 08, 2017, 02:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on April 09, 2017, 08:12:11 PM

Caleb got changed into his swim trunks. As he packed his boots, socks, and shirt away he sighed a bit. "Hope the scar doesn't scare her too bad"Caleb thought. Though Caleb had his fair share on ink that dotted his upper arms, he had a diagonal scar that ran across his chest down toward his left side. Though him being self conscious of the scar was silly, he hadn't even told Catnip about it yet. He shook his head as there was nothing to worry about and he was just hanging with his new friend. He leaned back on a tree near him after he finished and he waited for Katheryn to call for him.

Katheryn hadn't wasted too much time in getting into her bikini, not too worried about the birthmark on her abdomen as it was something she was proud of and never covered it up. Leaving her clothes folded up on top of her tag before tying her hair into a ponytail then once she was completely ready called out to Caleb. " Hey Mr Jungle ready when you are ".

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on April 09, 2017, 08:26:42 PM

Katheryn hadn't wasted too much time in getting into her bikini, not too worried about the birthmark on her abdomen as it was something she was proud of and never covered it up. Leaving her clothes folded up on top of her tag before tying her hair into a ponytail then once she was completely ready called out to Caleb. " Hey Mr Jungle ready when you are ".

"Oh I'm ready Curious Kat,"Caleb said. He then went back to the clearing and set his things down. "Race you to the top? Caleb said preparing to race her.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on April 09, 2017, 08:37:12 PM

"Oh I'm ready Curious Kat,"Caleb said. He then went back to the clearing and set his things down. "Race you to the top? Caleb said preparing to race her.

Katheryn grinned at him before trying to sneak past him as he set his things back down in the clearing until he asked if she wanted to race him to the top. " Mmm okay suppose I can let you win " she teased before she started to run towards the cliff top trying not to laugh too much in case he caught up with her.

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on April 09, 2017, 08:40:32 PM

Katheryn grinned at him before trying to sneak past him as he set his things back down in the clearing until he asked if she wanted to race him to the top. " Mmm okay suppose I can let you win " she teased before she started to run towards the cliff top trying not to laugh too much in case he caught up with her.

Caleb shook his head and laughed. She might have gotten a head start, but he had the advantage of knowing the cliff too well. He used this to try and gain some edge over her as he climbed the cliffside.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on April 09, 2017, 08:58:04 PM

Caleb shook his head and laughed. She might have gotten a head start, but he had the advantage of knowing the cliff too well. He used this to try and gain some edge over her as he climbed the cliffside.

Katheryn continued to run ahead until she reached the cliffside and slowed down slightly so she wouldn't overdo it. She knew he might suddenly take over but that was the fun of it and besides she would get him back if he did once they got to the top.

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on April 09, 2017, 09:24:15 PM

Katheryn continued to run ahead until she reached the cliffside and slowed down slightly so she wouldn't overdo it. She knew he might suddenly take over but that was the fun of it and besides she would get him back if he did once they got to the top.

Caleb got to the cliff side and immediately began to climb up.  He would pace himself to not quickly overtake her. One of the nicknames he got on the ship when he was with Ben was monkey due to his ability and quickness to climb things. It helped him many times in the past and since this wasn't life or death, he would pace himself. He had thoughts to possibly throw the race, but instead she was actually as good at climbing that rock as he was. This was going to be a challenge.

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on April 09, 2017, 10:43:00 PM

Caleb got to the cliff side and immediately began to climb up.  He would pace himself to not quickly overtake her. One of the nicknames he got on the ship when he was with Ben was monkey due to his ability and quickness to climb things. It helped him many times in the past and since this wasn't life or death, he would pace himself. He had thoughts to possibly throw the race, but instead she was actually as good at climbing that rock as he was. This was going to be a challenge.

Katheryn continued to climb up the cliff remembering the times she used to spend with friends back in Norway as she took in the sights around her. Still enjoying the exercise and it almost felt as though she was free, free of any worries or insecurities and she hadn't felt like for a while apart from when she spent time with Steven. She was slowly becoming who she was always supposed to be and she was just going to embrace every second of it beginning with the jump into the water below. She quickly looked back as she neared the top and grinned when she spotted Caleb " Hurry up then Mr Jungle or do you want to be beaten by a girl" she teased then continued on until she reached her destination.

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on April 10, 2017, 05:49:01 PM

Katheryn continued to climb up the cliff remembering the times she used to spend with friends back in Norway as she took in the sights around her. Still enjoying the exercise and it almost felt as though she was free, free of any worries or insecurities and she hadn't felt like for a while apart from when she spent time with Steven. She was slowly becoming who she was always supposed to be and she was just going to embrace every second of it beginning with the jump into the water below. She quickly looked back as she neared the top and grinned when she spotted Caleb " Hurry up then Mr Jungle or do you want to be beaten by a girl" she teased then continued on until she reached her destination.

Caleb chuckled and continued his climb up the mountain. "Ha... We'll see who wings when we are up there who wins," He said. He picked up the pace and quickly made his way to the top of the cliff where the waterfall began.

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on April 11, 2017, 12:01:56 AM

Caleb chuckled and continued his climb up the mountain. "Ha... We'll see who wings when we are up there who wins," He said. He picked up the pace and quickly made his way to the top of the cliff where the waterfall began.

Katheryn grinned at his response " We will indeed " she called back as she came to a stop and looked over at the waterfall before turning round just as Caleb approached. " Guess I won then eh Mr Jungle " she teased enjoying the fun of it all. The teasing was meant in good fun and knew she could be that way around Caleb and was ready to dive off the cliff into the water below but would do that with him without the need for another race.

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on April 11, 2017, 05:09:01 PM

Katheryn grinned at his response " We will indeed " she called back as she came to a stop and looked over at the waterfall before turning round just as Caleb approached. " Guess I won then eh Mr Jungle " she teased enjoying the fun of it all. The teasing was meant in good fun and knew she could be that way around Caleb and was ready to dive off the cliff into the water below but would do that with him without the need for another race.

Caleb shook his head laughing. "Oi! That's DOCTOR Jungle to you Ms. Curious Kat" Caleb said. He then pointed out a set of trees in the distance. He told her that this was about a mile or so away from the pink trees.

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on April 11, 2017, 06:15:19 PM

Caleb shook his head laughing. "Oi! That's DOCTOR Jungle to you Ms. Curious Kat" Caleb said. He then pointed out a set of trees in the distance. He told her that this was about a mile or so away from the pink trees.

" Ooh sorry Doctor Jungle " she replied trying not to laugh before he pointed out the trees and told her how far the pink trees were. " Not too far then and plenty of time for us to get there now how about we have that swim ?" she said " Then maybe I'll let you have some of the goodies I brought as snacks y'know just in case".

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on April 11, 2017, 06:45:22 PM

" Ooh sorry Doctor Jungle " she replied trying not to laugh before he pointed out the trees and told her how far the pink trees were. " Not too far then and plenty of time for us to get there now how about we have that swim ?" she said " Then maybe I'll let you have some of the goodies I brought as snacks y'know just in case".

"If not, I'm sure I could find some bark or berries that are only mildly hallucinogenic. Nutrition comes first, you know,"Caleb said with a wink. He hadn't had this much fun in a long time. It was really nice to just relax and not worry about things for a while.

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on April 12, 2017, 12:02:44 AM

"If not, I'm sure I could find some bark or berries that are only mildly hallucinogenic. Nutrition comes first, you know,"Caleb said with a wink. He hadn't had this much fun in a long time. It was really nice to just relax and not worry about things for a while.

"Mmm sounds delicious not sure about the mildly hallucinogenic part but whatever takes your fancy and more cookies and brownies for me " she replied winking back as she approached the edge and stretched before looking at him again. " Ready when you are Doctor Jungle " she said now that she had given him that nickname it would be one that she would use often especially to wind him up and had a feeling he would do the same with the one he had for her. She didn't think it weird that so far her only friends were Steven and Caleb and yes she had developed feelings for Steven but it was something she didn't want to repeat and was slowly coming to terms with it and just wanted to forget and carry on as though nothing had happened. But now wasn't really the time to dwell on it too much so would just carry on enjoying herself like she had been.

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on April 12, 2017, 03:48:01 PM

"Mmm sounds delicious not sure about the mildly hallucinogenic part but whatever takes your fancy and more cookies and brownies for me " she replied winking back as she approached the edge and stretched before looking at him again. " Ready when you are Doctor Jungle " she said now that she had given him that nickname it would be one that she would use often especially to wind him up and had a feeling he would do the same with the one he had for her. She didn't think it weird that so far her only friends were Steven and Caleb and yes she had developed feelings for Steven but it was something she didn't want to repeat and was slowly coming to terms with it and just wanted to forget and carry on as though nothing had happened. But now wasn't really the time to dwell on it too much so would just carry on enjoying herself like she had been.

Caleb smiled and said "Guess it's time to jump then? I suggest a running start... on my count 3..2..." Caleb then began to book it to the cliffs edge to jump. He was glad she could run quickly as he saw her begin to jump as the same time he did.

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on April 12, 2017, 06:21:52 PM

Caleb smiled and said "Guess it's time to jump then? I suggest a running start... on my count 3..2..." Caleb then began to book it to the cliffs edge to jump. He was glad she could run quickly as he saw her begin to jump as the same time he did.

Katheryn grinned as he counted down before she quickly got ready to do a running start, suddenly feeling a sense of excitement and exhilaration as she ran forwards until she jumped at the same time as Caleb. That feeling remained with her on the way down as well as one of freedom and it just made her happy and glad that she had done it. Landing a few minutes later with a soft splash as the water enveloped her and looked to Caleb with a grin on her face.

Academy Commandant

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.