Author Topic: The Forgotten Jungles (Caleb and Katheryn)  (Read 11781 times)

Offline Caleb Brighton

• Approved Applicants
  • Trusted Member
  • Three year award Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The Forgotten Jungles (Caleb and Katheryn)
« on: April 08, 2017, 02:57:34 pm »
[Holodeck]

Caleb tied his boots up before he began to stretch. He was not in his Starfleet uniform. This was because he was going to be doing a simulation with his friend Katheryn. He promised her he would show her the pink trees in the forgotten acid jungles of Xivivvian III. He had a program set up to recreate his time there. Though he was a purest at heart, there were a few elements he decided to keep out of the program. By the time Ben and Caleb had gotten to Xivivvian III, Caleb was already accustomed to the harsh worlds that Ben decided to drag him along to. Using his best judgement, Caleb decided against the authenticity this time in order to show the wonderful jungle to his new friend. He asked her to dress for a hiking trip and to pack a bag of survival essentials. He wasn't expecting to be in the jungles for days, but he did want her to be prepared despite him making the jungle program as tame as it could be. On his hands he wore finger less gloves, much like the ones he had when he originally visited Xivivvian III. His belt was equipped with a machete, rope, hunting knife, water bottle, and in his pocket was his notebook. This notebook he carried was like his bible. He carried at least a pencil or to and this time he brought a few colored ones along.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Offline Katheryn Brighton

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Forgotten Jungles (Caleb and Katheryn)
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 03:11:29 pm »
Holodeck

Katheryn walked along the corridor carrying a small backpack containing everything she might possibly need for a hike in the woods, her boots surprisingly comfortable considering they were new but didn't know how long that feeling would last. It had been sometime since she had last hiked anywhere so when Caleb invited her to join him in the holodeck and see the trees he had talked about when they first met she immediately accepted keen to forget life on the outside and get to know her new friend more. With Caleb she had found someone else that she could easily talk too and with recent events firmly in her mind she was looking forward to just chilling out and enjoy herself.

It didn't take her long to reach the holodeck and as the doors opened she soon spotted Caleb doing up his boots and called out to him as she walked over " Hey Caleb".

Academy Commandant

Offline Caleb Brighton

• Approved Applicants
  • Trusted Member
  • Three year award Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 03:17:45 pm »
Caleb heard Katheryn walk in and smiled as he turned to her. "Howdy! I was just about to stretch a bit to warm my muscles up. Xivivvian III has some beautiful acid jungles, but the gravity is a bit stronger than New Earth's. I recommend a stretch first so you're not thrown off immediately like I was," He said as he got up to begin stretching. He too packed a backpack as well and would put it on shortly before they started their journey.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 03:42:38 pm »
Caleb heard Katheryn walk in and smiled as he turned to her. "Howdy! I was just about to stretch a bit to warm my muscles up. Xivivvian III has some beautiful acid jungles, but the gravity is a bit stronger than New Earth's. I recommend a stretch first so you're not thrown off immediately like I was," He said as he got up to begin stretching. He too packed a backpack as well and would put it on shortly before they started their journey.

Katheryn smiled at his greeting and when he mentioned stretching first she agreed as the last thing she wanted was to suffer a stitch or cramp. " Good idea it's been a while since I was last on a hike and I don't want to slow us down if I get a cramp or stitch " she replied taking her backpack off and set it down near her feet. " I've brought everything you told me too and a few extra's as I thought we might want a snack later on " she added before she started to stretch.

Academy Commandant

Offline Caleb Brighton

• Approved Applicants
  • Trusted Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 06:32:12 pm »
Katheryn smiled at his greeting and when he mentioned stretching first she agreed as the last thing she wanted was to suffer a stitch or cramp. " Good idea it's been a while since I was last on a hike and I don't want to slow us down if I get a cramp or stitch " she replied taking her backpack off and set it down near her feet. " I've brought everything you told me too and a few extra's as I thought we might want a snack later on " she added before she started to stretch.
Caleb had Katheryn and himself warm up for about five or so minutes. He then put the backpack on, clipped the waist and chest areas of his backpack. Once he saw Katheryn was good to go, he then initiated the program. The giant room around them morphed in a few seconds. A light fog filled the air as the air itself got slightly heavier. A lush forest began to appear around them. The light sounds of unknown creatures sounded distant. As the temperature rose so did the humidity. When the two looked next, they were in the middle of a small clearing near a running stream of what looked like water.
"Katheryn I welcome you to the Acid Jungles of Xivivvian III. Our tour begins at this stream. Though the air is breathable for us humans, this water may not be safely consumable. Many streams on this planet are conduits of a larger acid lakes. If you happen to see a light unnatural hue to the water, do not touch it. Looking at it is fine, however, this particular acid I've found is only dangerous when it comes into contact with skin or worse internal organs." While Caleb said this, he had his notebook out and turned to a particular page that was relatively close to the one with the trees on it.
"It's about a good fiveish mile hike from here to get to the trees, however I do know of a good detour if you like waterfalls. How are you doing? The gravity here may be a skosh bit more than what you are used to,"Caleb said.

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 06:46:49 pm »
Caleb had Katheryn and himself warm up for about five or so minutes. He then put the backpack on, clipped the waist and chest areas of his backpack. Once he saw Katheryn was good to go, he then initiated the program. The giant room around them morphed in a few seconds. A light fog filled the air as the air itself got slightly heavier. A lush forest began to appear around them. The light sounds of unknown creatures sounded distant. As the temperature rose so did the humidity. When the two looked next, they were in the middle of a small clearing near a running stream of what looked like water.
"Katheryn I welcome you to the Acid Jungles of Xivivvian III. Our tour begins at this stream. Though the air is breathable for us humans, this water may not be safely consumable. Many streams on this planet are conduits of a larger acid lakes. If you happen to see a light unnatural hue to the water, do not touch it. Looking at it is fine, however, this particular acid I've found is only dangerous when it comes into contact with skin or worse internal organs." While Caleb said this, he had his notebook out and turned to a particular page that was relatively close to the one with the trees on it.
"It's about a good fiveish mile hike from here to get to the trees, however I do know of a good detour if you like waterfalls. How are you doing? The gravity here may be a skosh bit more than what you are used to,"Caleb said.

Once she was ready and secured her backpack Katheryn stood watching as the scene around them changed to one that was quite breathtaking and like nothing she had seen before. Listening to Caleb as he gently warned about drinking the water from the lake " It's breathtaking Caleb and will remember that about the water " she replied not wanting to think what it did to the skin or internal organs. Smiling slightly when he then took out his notebook and told her how far the trees where and mentioned a detour before asking if she was doing okay with the change in gravity. To be honest she hadn't really noticed it but appreciated his concern. " I'm not doing too badly and yes I do like waterfalls so the detour sounds good to me".

Academy Commandant

Offline Caleb Brighton

• Approved Applicants
  • Trusted Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 08:18:54 pm »
Once she was ready and secured her backpack Katheryn stood watching as the scene around them changed to one that was quite breathtaking and like nothing she had seen before. Listening to Caleb as he gently warned about drinking the water from the lake " It's breathtaking Caleb and will remember that about the water " she replied not wanting to think what it did to the skin or internal organs. Smiling slightly when he then took out his notebook and told her how far the trees where and mentioned a detour before asking if she was doing okay with the change in gravity. To be honest she hadn't really noticed it but appreciated his concern. " I'm not doing too badly and yes I do like waterfalls so the detour sounds good to me".
"Sweet. Then that means we will go," Caleb said consulting his journal. "This way!" He then began to head in toward the northern edge of the clearing. He then got out his machete so he could cut some plants if they happened to get in the way. He went on to explain a bit of the plant life as they moved along. He pointed out what their counterparts would be on New Earth and whatever medicinal qualities each had or didn't have.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 08:31:05 pm by Caleb Brighton »

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2017, 12:07:52 pm »
"Sweet. Then that means we will go," Caleb said consulting his journal. "This way!" He then began to head in toward the northern edge of the clearing. He then got out his machete so he could cut some plants if they happened to get in the way. He went on to explain a bit of the plant life as they moved along. He pointed out what their counterparts would be on New Earth and whatever medicinal qualities each had or didn't have.

"Great I'll follow you " she replied smiling as he started to head towards the northern edge of the clearing. Taking in her every detail as she followed him and listened when he explained about the plant life as they walked along. Looking when he pointed out the medicinal qualities of those who had counterparts back on Earth and she was thoroughly enjoying learning about everything and the hike so far had just been what she had needed to clear her head and not worry about anything other than making sure she kept to the trail.

Academy Commandant

Offline Caleb Brighton

• Approved Applicants
  • Trusted Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2017, 05:58:17 pm »
"Great I'll follow you " she replied smiling as he started to head towards the northern edge of the clearing. Taking in her every detail as she followed him and listened when he explained about the plant life as they walked along. Looking when he pointed out the medicinal qualities of those who had counterparts back on Earth and she was thoroughly enjoying learning about everything and the hike so far had just been what she had needed to clear her head and not worry about anything other than making sure she kept to the trail.
The trees seemed to go on for miles in each direction, however there seemed to be a narrowing ahead of them. Caleb led Katheryn to the grotto he discovered many moons ago when he first visited the jungles. It seemed as big as the clearing they started in when their hike began. There was a rather large lake in the center of the clearing. On the northeast end of the lake was a gigantic waterfall that flowed over a cliff. "Welcome to my secret grotto. This is the clearest water in the forest. I can check the chemical balance if you want to go for a swim. One thing I loved to do was climb that cliff right there and jump off. You actually fall a bit faster up there than you would on New Earth. It's quite exhilarating," Caleb said.

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2017, 06:16:12 pm »
The trees seemed to go on for miles in each direction, however there seemed to be a narrowing ahead of them. Caleb led Katheryn to the grotto he discovered many moons ago when he first visited the jungles. It seemed as big as the clearing they started in when their hike began. There was a rather large lake in the center of the clearing. On the northeast end of the lake was a gigantic waterfall that flowed over a cliff. "Welcome to my secret grotto. This is the clearest water in the forest. I can check the chemical balance if you want to go for a swim. One thing I loved to do was climb that cliff right there and jump off. You actually fall a bit faster up there than you would on New Earth. It's quite exhilarating," Caleb said.

Katheryn had continued to follow Caleb, again feeling the benefit of the hike as she walked behind him until he led her into the grotto and stopped for a moment to take in the view, listening as he spoke about it.  " I like it Caleb reminds me of some of the swimming spots back home but this is more spectacular and yes a swim sounds good about now " she replied taking off her backpack as then mentioned the cliff and how exhilarating it was " Really now well I'm sure we can both do that " she suggested smiling as she took a moment and sat down to rest a little.

Academy Commandant

Offline Caleb Brighton

• Approved Applicants
  • Trusted Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2017, 06:27:43 pm »
Katheryn had continued to follow Caleb, again feeling the benefit of the hike as she walked behind him until he led her into the grotto and stopped for a moment to take in the view, listening as he spoke about it.  " I like it Caleb reminds me of some of the swimming spots back home but this is more spectacular and yes a swim sounds good about now " she replied taking off her backpack as then mentioned the cliff and how exhilarating it was " Really now well I'm sure we can both do that " she suggested smiling as she took a moment and sat down to rest a little.
Caleb took his bag off. He then went into one of the compartments and took out his testing kit. He took a water sample and dipped the strip of paper in. The reading looked fine. Just to be safe he did a few more tests before turning to her and smiling.
"Water is clean enough to swim in! This kit I created was perfect for when I was traveling with Ben. Didn't always have a scanning device to test the waters," He said. He then scooped some of the water up in his collapsible cup. He walked over to hand the cup to her "Try it. You may taste a few different minerals in it. I've been trying since I came back to sf to get the exact balance of minerals to get it to taste this way. It's some of the best in the universe."

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2017, 07:22:53 pm »
Caleb took his bag off. He then went into one of the compartments and took out his testing kit. He took a water sample and dipped the strip of paper in. The reading looked fine. Just to be safe he did a few more tests before turning to her and smiling.
"Water is clean enough to swim in! This kit I created was perfect for when I was traveling with Ben. Didn't always have a scanning device to test the waters," He said. He then scooped some of the water up in his collapsible cup. He walked over to hand the cup to her "Try it. You may taste a few different minerals in it. I've been trying since I came back to sf to get the exact balance of minerals to get it to taste this way. It's some of the best in the universe."

Katheryn leaned back slightly as she watched him test the water smiling when he turned to her and announced that the water was clear enough for them to swim in. " Great I think a swim would be good about now and cool down a bit " she replied as he then filled a cup with some of the water and walked over to her with it. " I can see why and its a good thing to have " she said accepting the cup from him " And sure I'll taste it and see if your right about that " she added teasing him slightly before she took a sip and had to admit it tasted pretty damn good. " Mmm guess you were right Mr Jungle".

Academy Commandant

Offline Caleb Brighton

• Approved Applicants
  • Trusted Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2017, 07:35:52 pm »
Katheryn leaned back slightly as she watched him test the water smiling when he turned to her and announced that the water was clear enough for them to swim in. " Great I think a swim would be good about now and cool down a bit " she replied as he then filled a cup with some of the water and walked over to her with it. " I can see why and its a good thing to have " she said accepting the cup from him " And sure I'll taste it and see if your right about that " she added teasing him slightly before she took a sip and had to admit it tasted pretty damn good. " Mmm guess you were right Mr Jungle".
Caleb chuckled and then took the cup from her once she was finished. "I am going to head over there and change. I want to give you some privacy as well. Just holler at me when you are ready to climb up the cliff and jump with me," Caleb said with a smile as he put the cup away and took his bag with him. "See you in a few Curious Kat," He said. 

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2017, 07:48:18 pm »
Caleb chuckled and then took the cup from her once she was finished. "I am going to head over there and change. I want to give you some privacy as well. Just holler at me when you are ready to climb up the cliff and jump with me," Caleb said with a smile as he put the cup away and took his bag with him. "See you in a few Curious Kat," He said.

" That's very sweet of you and I will then I can race you up there" she teased again as he put away the cup and picked up his bag. When he then called her Curious Kat she grinned " You will Mr Jungle" she said before pulling her own bag towards her and opened it. This was all just friendly banter between them and she had to admit she was having good time already without worrying about it becoming something more. She was also looking forward to getting into her bikini and going for a swim as it had been some time since she had done that and began to get changed.

Academy Commandant

Offline Caleb Brighton

• Approved Applicants
  • Trusted Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2017, 08:12:11 pm »
" That's very sweet of you and I will then I can race you up there" she teased again as he put away the cup and picked up his bag. When he then called her Curious Kat she grinned " You will Mr Jungle" she said before pulling her own bag towards her and opened it. This was all just friendly banter between them and she had to admit she was having good time already without worrying about it becoming something more. She was also looking forward to getting into her bikini and going for a swim as it had been some time since she had done that and began to get changed.
Caleb got changed into his swim trunks. As he packed his boots, socks, and shirt away he sighed a bit. "Hope the scar doesn't scare her too bad"Caleb thought. Though Caleb had his fair share on ink that dotted his upper arms, he had a diagonal scar that ran across his chest down toward his left side. Though him being self conscious of the scar was silly, he hadn't even told Catnip about it yet. He shook his head as there was nothing to worry about and he was just hanging with his new friend. He leaned back on a tree near him after he finished and he waited for Katheryn to call for him.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles