Author Topic: The Lounge [Open]  (Read 6724 times)

Offline Rayek trLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Revered Member
  • I-jol au, e'lev
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded every January by the FCO.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Lounge [Open]
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2017, 11:54:49 pm »
[Lounge]

"I'm not too sure what most of them do around here." Kyle admitted. "But I kind of like the holodeck. I enjoy some combat scenarios. I also like to revisit my home back on Earth once in a while. As for other ship activities, I guess we'll have to find out about them together." He downed his third drink and this time, when the bartender came over, he ordered a Bajoran Jumja tea. "Can't have the crew thinking I'm an alcoholic." he joked. "What kind of activities do you enjoy?" he inquired. "I'm sure there's some way to incorporate them here on the Challenger."

Rayek considered the Commander's question.  "Reading mostly. Though a good combat holo helps to relieve stress.  Group leisure activities are not something I'm all too familiar with though I did participate in a game of chance once at the Mars Academy.  Poker, I believe it was called.  That was enjoyable."

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Offline Olivia Briggs

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Family - where life begins and love never ends
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Three year award Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2017, 04:16:30 am »
[Lounge]

Liv had decided to surprise her husband once she had settled Elijah into their new home with Jeesa the young trill daycare worker who had looked after her and Kyle's son since their short time on the Tempest and had transferred with them. She was grateful that she had especially with the bond she had with their little boy and trusted her completely with his care.

So once he had gone down for his nap she had changed into her favourite green dress then after finding her husband's location left their quarters for the Lounge a few decks below. Excitement at finally seeing Kyle coursed through her and it didn't take long for her to reach her destination.

Walking in as the doors opened she smiled seeing him over by the bar talking with someone and quietly went over to him. Not wanting to interrupt his conversation she snuck up beside him and ordered a glass of white wine then waited for him to realise it was her.

Offline Rayek trLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Revered Member
  • I-jol au, e'lev
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded every January by the FCO.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2017, 05:26:50 am »
[Lounge]
With his attention on his conversation with the Commander, Rayek was slower than usual at noticing the approach of someone - especially an attractive Terran female.  But notice he did, after a moment, when the woman's path seemed to be headed towards their location at the bar.

Rayek diverted his attention from the Commander, gazing past the man over his shoulder, long enough to look her over a moment appreciatively as she ordered a white wine.  He was a bit disappointed when afterwards she paused just behind and beside the Commander waiting the Commanders attention.  Of course, she was there for the Commander, not him.

Clearing his throat slightly to interrupt the Commander, Rayek nodded his head towards the green clad woman, pointing her out to the Commander and acknowledging her presence at the same time.  "Miss."

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Veteran Member
  • "First Do no harm" - Hipocrates
  • Three year award Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2017, 06:35:56 pm »
Lounge

Lizzie had decided that she needed to wind down after a long day. Alex was looking after Alys so she had a few hours to kill. She decided to go with a smart but casual look.

She entered the lounge area and saw Kyle along with his wife and Rayek standing over to one side.

Se sent over to the bar, ordered and Long Island Iced Tea and went over to the little group.

"Hi Kyle." She said, greeting her old shipmate and leaning in to give him a kiss on the cheek.

Bio: Lizzie Vaughan Bio
Academy Medical Instructor
In Memorium.

Kyle Briggs

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2017, 07:45:39 pm »
[Lounge]

Rayek considered the Commander's question.  "Reading mostly. Though a good combat holo helps to relieve stress.  Group leisure activities are not something I'm all too familiar with though I did participate in a game of chance once at the Mars Academy.  Poker, I believe it was called.  That was enjoyable."

Kyle grinned. "Maybe we can get a combat holo going together." he suggested. "As you said, they're great for relieving stress. As far as Poker, it's a fun game. I just never had the knack for it. I've lost more credits than I can remember."

Liv had decided to surprise her husband once she had settled Elijah into their new home with Jeesa the young trill daycare worker who had looked after her and Kyle's son since their short time on the Tempest and had transferred with them. She was grateful that she had especially with the bond she had with their little boy and trusted her completely with his care.

So once he had gone down for his nap she had changed into her favourite green dress then after finding her husband's location left their quarters for the Lounge a few decks below. Excitement at finally seeing Kyle coursed through her and it didn't take long for her to reach her destination.

Walking in as the doors opened she smiled seeing him over by the bar talking with someone and quietly went over to him. Not wanting to interrupt his conversation she snuck up beside him and ordered a glass of white wine then waited for him to realise it was her.

With his attention on his conversation with the Commander, Rayek was slower than usual at noticing the approach of someone - especially an attractive Terran female.  But notice he did, after a moment, when the woman's path seemed to be headed towards their location at the bar.

Rayek diverted his attention from the Commander, gazing past the man over his shoulder, long enough to look her over a moment appreciatively as she ordered a white wine.  He was a bit disappointed when afterwards she paused just behind and beside the Commander waiting the Commanders attention.  Of course, she was there for the Commander, not him.

Clearing his throat slightly to interrupt the Commander, Rayek nodded his head towards the green clad woman, pointing her out to the Commander and acknowledging her presence at the same time.  "Miss."

Kyle turned to see who Rayek was referring to. "LIV!!! You made it here early." he said excitedly as he took her into his arms. "Was your transport okay? How'd Elijah?" he asked. He hadn't seen his wife in child in a few weeks since she had returned to Earth for her fathers passing. "How are you holding up?" he said, suddenly remembering her reason for arriving later. "I'm sorry." he said before she could reply. "This is Crewman...." He quickly stopped as he turned to Rayek. "I just realized, I can't pronounce your last name. I'll leave that to you. This is my wife Olivia. She'll be joining us on the ship along with our son, Elijah."

About that time,the doors opened once more.

Lizzie had decided that she needed to wind down after a long day. Alex was looking after Alys so she had a few hours to kill. She decided to go with a smart but casual look.

She entered the lounge area and saw Kyle along with his wife and Rayek standing over to one side.

Se sent over to the bar, ordered and Long Island Iced Tea and went over to the little group.

"Hi Kyle." She said, greeting her old shipmate and leaning in to give him a kiss on the cheek.

"Lizzie. It's great to see you again. It's been a while. How are you?" he asked as he returned a kiss to her cheek. He quickly realized that it had been so long that he didn't think Lizzie and Liv had ever met. He told her so. "Hell, it's been so long, I don't think you've met my wife. This is Olivia. Liv. May I introduce Doctor Lizzie Vaughan. Best damn CMO in the Fleet."

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Veteran Member
  • Three year award Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2017, 07:49:54 pm »
[Lounge]

Kyle grinned. "Maybe we can get a combat holo going together." he suggested. "As you said, they're great for relieving stress. As far as Poker, it's a fun game. I just never had the knack for it. I've lost more credits than I can remember."

Kyle turned to see who Rayek was referring to. "LIV!!! You made it here early." he said excitedly as he took her into his arms. "Was your transport okay? How'd Elijah?" he asked. He hadn't seen his wife in child in a few weeks since she had returned to Earth for her fathers passing. "How are you holding up?" he said, suddenly remembering her reason for arriving later. "I'm sorry." he said before she could reply. "This is Crewman...." He quickly stopped as he turned to Rayek. "I just realized, I can't pronounce your last name. I'll leave that to you. This is my wife Olivia. She'll be joining us on the ship along with our son, Elijah."

"Lizzie. It's great to see you again. It's been a while. How are you?" he asked as he returned a kiss to her cheek. He quickly realized that it had been so long that he didn't think Lizzie and Liv had ever met. He told her so. "Hell, it's been so long, I don't think you've met my wife. This is Olivia. Liv. May I introduce Doctor Lizzie Vaughan. Best damn CMO in the Fleet."

Lizzie blushed at Kyle's introduction.

"Actually I met your wife and son not long after they came aboard. Of course, they don't avoid Sickbay like some others I could mention!" She replied. "Good to see you again. How is that son of yours?" She greeted Olivia.

In Memorium.

Offline Olivia Briggs

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Three year award Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2017, 07:57:02 pm »
[Lounge]

[Lounge]

Liv acknowledged the Crewman's greeting with a smile as Kyle turned and realised that she was there, her smile turning into a grin as he then took her in his arms and his reaction was just what she had hoped for and dreamed about since their enforced time apart. But before she could answer his questions he introduced her to the Crewman Rayek and then Lizzie after she had greeted him with a kiss on the cheek.

She was never the jealous type where her husband was concerned and understood the nature of his job and those who he had served with before plus she had met Lizzie when she first boarded. " Pleased to meet you Rayek and its good to see you again too Lizzie, your right about my husband and as for Elijah he's doing fine" she said as she turned to her husband and answered him.

" Yes I thought to surprise you and the transport was surprisingly comfortable and crewed by friendly people as for us both we're fine well better than that now we're back with you".

Offline Rayek trLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Revered Member
  • I-jol au, e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2017, 09:54:46 pm »
[Lounge]
Rayek offered a slight smile at the introduction to the woman though at learning of her marriage bond to the Commander he tried not to notice her 'too much'. 
"A pleasure Mrs. Briggs. While my family name is tr'Lhoell, much like Vulcan custom, Rihan are referred to by our given names.  So you may address me as Mr. Rayek or simply Rayek." 

He nodded towards the doctor surprised at her intimate greeting of the Commander.

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2017, 10:42:53 pm »
[Lounge]
Rayek offered a slight smile at the introduction to the woman though at learning of her marriage bond to the Commander he tried not to notice her 'too much'. 
"A pleasure Mrs. Briggs. While my family name is tr'Lhoell, much like Vulcan custom, Rihan are referred to by our given names.  So you may address me as Mr. Rayek or simply Rayek." 

He nodded towards the doctor surprised at her intimate greeting of the Commander.

Lizzie noticed Rayeks look and smiled.

"Commander Briggs and I are old friends. We have served together several times and since we are off duty, we use first name terms." She said, giving Kyle a wink.

In Memorium.

Kyle Briggs

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2017, 11:02:31 pm »
Kyle was in a fantastic mood. He was with old friends, new friends and the love of his life. Noticing that everyone had a drink except him, he ordered another Jameson. "Let's have a drink." he said as he raised his glass. "To all the days here and after. May they be filled with fond memories, happiness, and laughter."

Offline Rayek trLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Revered Member
  • I-jol au, e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2017, 11:53:48 pm »
One last time Rayek joined in, by raising his original whiskey and offering his own toast.  "Mhiohs!"  He downed the whiskey and noted that yes the Jameson Irish was smoother.  He would have to remember that for next time.

Offline Olivia Briggs

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2017, 08:41:00 am »
" I'll definitely remember that Rayek " Liv replied as the group spoke amongst themselves and Kyle got himself a glass of his favourite whiskey before he made a toast followed by Rayek and joined in with both of them.

It felt good to be back where she belonged by Kyle's side after her father's illness and even though she missed those she had met on the Tempest also felt welcomed by the Challenger crew that she had been introduced to so far.

Leaning into Kyle as he held her loosely around the waist, she said quietly " I have a gift for you when we get home ". She then took another drink of her wine. 

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Who made this guy an Admiral?
  • Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2017, 04:19:30 pm »
[Lounge]

Dylan hadn't found the time, nor inclination, to come to this establishment of sorts for quite a while. While it had been fixed up quite a bit, Dylan had just never made it down. Maybe part of it was a status thing- The Lounge was entirely informal, the one place on the ship that, unless otherwise stipulated, rank meant absolutely nothing and everyone was on equal footing. Maybe Dylan just didn't think it was quite right for the Captain to upset that balance, or maybe he was afraid just of what people would say to his face. Most likely it was all in his head, but he'd resolved to test that, and welcome the new Mess manager.

Dylan entered the doors, clad in his civvie attire, and headed toward the back and the windows. For now, unless called into something, he just wanted to watch and observe. Maybe he'd head back to the tables and get a deck of cards, but for now he just wanted to watch and get a feel for the environment around him. It'd be good for this space to be used more.
Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Offline Rayek trLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Revered Member
  • I-jol au, e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2017, 07:21:55 pm »
Crewman Rayek
[Lounge]

While it had not been his intention to overhear the quiet statement between wife and husband, Rayek had overheard and he realized that perhaps now would be a good time to take his leave.  He could tell Saqa7 that he had socialized and ‘let down his hair'.  That should make her happy. 

Rayek inclined his head towards the Commander and his wife.  He then nodded a parting nod to the doctor as well, before turning away and heading to the lounge entrance.

Kyle Briggs

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2017, 09:33:28 pm »
Rayek inclined his head towards the Commander and his wife.  He then nodded a parting nod to the doctor as well, before turning away and heading to the lounge entrance.

"I'd be honored." Kyle replied. He hated to see the gentleman leave but he figured he had things to do.

The Captain's arrival hadn't escaped Kyle's notice. Nor the fact that he had occupied a table off to the side. He'll join us when he's ready. Kyle thought as he lifted his glass in a silent toast toward the young man.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles