Author Topic: S1 M8: "By the Light of Helaspont"  (Read 12403 times)

Offline S'Murr

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Caitian
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S1 M8: "By the Light of Helaspont"
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2017, 11:48:29 pm »
[Deck 10, Forward]

"You might be surprised to hear it," Solluk offered by way of personal trivia, "but I'd never eaten animal protein before joining Starfleet.  Most Vulcans have a tradition of vegetarianism as part of a philosophy of nonviolence.  Even now, in an age where replicated foods make the point moot, many of my fellow Vulcans maintain the practice."

"Most Caitians are also vegetarians," said S'Murr. "Most of us only hunt for ceremonial reasons. I think it's a waste of great teeth." He took a bit of the fish and smiled. Humans, it seemed, could cook something at least. The chips were covered in a pungent liquid and a crust of salt, which should have been disgusting but was actually very satisfying. It also made the beer taste... more beer-like.

"So," he said setting down the glass and turning to Ian. "This 'Icky' human flew too close to the sun and melted his wax wings?" He chewed a chip slowly before saying, "I give up. You humans are simply bizarre. My Uncle was right about you. He said humans were 'wonderfully insane'. Why would anyone make wings of wax? The strength to weight ratio would be atrocious." He took another drink of beer. "Maybe with some molecular-filament embedded in the wax..." 

Offline Solluk

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Life is not endurable without a sense of humor.
  • Three year award Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2017, 12:22:01 am »
[Ten Forward]

"Since ya brought it up Lad, yer not like most Vulcan are ya? I mean not that there's anything wrong with how Vulcans act, but yer different from the stereotype. I've seen ya smile. Ya clearly showed enjoyment while hang glidin', and ya are willin' ta eat meat, even if it is replicated.

"Most humans learn ta respect Vulcans, but, as an emotional lot, we humans usually find Vulcans too stiff ta be able call ya friend, because we need those shared emotions ta truly bond with someone. Regardless of why ya are the way ya are, I, for one, like it and I can honestly say, I like ya too."

"Anyway, that was on my mind and I figured now was as good a time as any ta say it. Now, that ya have tried fish, what do ya think?"

Solluk stiffened when his superior brought up the fact that he was not like most Vulcans.  He had exhilarated in the joys of their outing, and had consequently forgotten himself.  Now, reminded that he had shattered all appropriate decorum, he could not help but think of the disappointment of his parents.  The disapproving looks of his fellow Vulcans.  The discreetly disgusted attitude of his intended.

But Ian went on talking, and at some point it got through to Solluk that he was not being admonished or judged.  He was being appreciated.

"I, ah-"  He had been about to explain himself.  Explain the accident and the brain damage.  But he wasn't being asked for an explanation.  He was being offered friendship.  "I like you also, S-" he swerved in mid sentence, "Ian." 

"The fish..." he considered the bite he'd taken, "I think I enjoyed the crispy, oily casing more than the animal itself, though it wasn't bad by any means.  The drink..."  He looked quizzically at the glass, "Is there a reason they don't mix this to create a homogenous fluid?  I feel like it has two distinct flavor profiles."

"Most Caitians are also vegetarians," said S'Murr. "Most of us only hunt for ceremonial reasons. I think it's a waste of great teeth."

"So," he said setting down the glass and turning to Ian. "This 'Icky' human flew too close to the sun and melted his wax wings?" He chewed a chip slowly before saying, "I give up. You humans are simply bizarre. My Uncle was right about you. He said humans were 'wonderfully insane'. Why would anyone make wings of wax? The strength to weight ratio would be atrocious." He took another drink of beer. "Maybe with some molecular-filament embedded in the wax..." 

Solluk listened with interest as his roommate conveyed the vegetarian tendencies of his people.  That was a great surprise, as he'd always assumed Caitians would be fairly strict carnivores.  It just went to show that you couldn't make broad assumptions about people based on prior evolutionary stages.

"Ah," Solluk spoke up, "I actually know this story, from my Terran Studies class in primary school on Vulcan.   It does not recount an actual event, but rather a mythical parable.  Many ancient human stories are designed to convey lessons.  In this case, that one should not allow their emotions to overcome them and incite them to foolishness."

He frowned slightly, "It is actually a very Vulcan parable, now that I think on it."

(tag)

« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 12:23:26 am by Solluk »
My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Offline Ian Galloway

• Site Administrators
  • Amazing Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July to the player with the most humorous posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2017, 12:36:34 am »
[Deck 10, Forward]
"Most Caitians are also vegetarians," said S'Murr. "Most of us only hunt for ceremonial reasons. I think it's a waste of great teeth." He took a bit of the fish and smiled. Humans, it seemed, could cook something at least. The chips were covered in a pungent liquid and a crust of salt, which should have been disgusting but was actually very satisfying. It also made the beer taste... more beer-like.

[Ten Forward]

Solluk stiffened when his superior brought up the fact that he was not like most Vulcans.  He had exhilarated in the joys of their outing, and had consequently forgotten himself.  Now, reminded that he had shattered all appropriate decorum, he could not help but think of the disappointment of his parents.  The disapproving looks of his fellow Vulcans.  The discreetly disgusted attitude of his intended.

But Ian went on talking, and at some point it got through to Solluk that he was not being admonished or judged.  He was being appreciated.

"I, ah-"  He had been about to explain himself.  Explain the accident and the brain damage.  But he wasn't being asked for an explanation.  He was being offered friendship.  "I like you also, S-" he swerved in mid sentence, "Ian." 

"The fish..." he considered the bite he'd taken, "I think I enjoyed the crispy, oily casing more than the animal itself, though it wasn't bad by any means.  The drink..."  He looked quizzically at the glass, "Is there a reason they don't mix this to create a homogenous fluid?  I feel like it has two distinct flavor profiles."

Solluk listened with interest as his roommate conveyed the vegetarian tendencies of his people.  That was a great surprise, as he'd always assumed Caitians would be fairly strict carnivores.  It just went to show that you couldn't make broad assumptions about people based on prior evolutionary stages.

"Ah," Solluk spoke up, "I actually know this story, from my Terran Studies class in primary school on Vulcan.   It does not recount an actual event, but rather a mythical parable.  Many ancient human stories are designed to convey lessons.  In this case, that one should not allow their emotions to overcome them and incite them to foolishness."

He frowned slightly, "It is actually a very Vulcan parable, now that I think on it."

(tag)

[Ten Forward]

Ian shook his head and sighed.

"You bloody engineers and always tryin' ta make things better than they are. Ya are all troglodytes within even an inklin' of a soul. Icarus was a legend told twenty-five hundred years ago some two thousand years before humans attained flight and was about hubris, not aero-bloody-nautical engineerin'. It has nae ta do with lift ta weight ratios ya bleedin' Philistine.

"At least ya can appreciate a fine meal, even if ya are a lost cause when it comes ta fine drink, ya catnip whiffin' wanker. However, as fer bein' 'wonderfully insane', I guess there are worse things ta be called. So, what do ya have planned fer the afternoon? I have a holodeck program set durin' a mid-twentieth century conflict on Earth known as World War Two. It's a flight simulation of a group of pilots called the Flyin' Tigers. That is if'n yer up fer more flight after how yer last attempt went Icky."

Ian smiled as Solluk replied before adding.

"See, Solluk here gets it, the food, the drink, and the story of Icarus. Must be because he's a pilot, ya have ta have a certain amount of soul ta be a good aviator."

Frowning at the question about the color of the Black and Tan, Ian had to think for a moment before he could reply.

"I think I remember my Gaffer sayin' summat about relative density between the ale and the stout, but whatever the reason, it's a fine drink when needed and before I go face the faceless sons of the Empire of Japan in the air, I shall have another."

Ian then ordered a second Black and Tan and waited to see if either of his lunch companion had the time or interest in trying out his holodeck program.

Offline Klizh

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • #MeowToo
  • Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM. Three year award
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2017, 02:22:06 am »
[Bridge]

"In my defense shooting things is pretty gun," James replied with a slightly less awkward grin than his last one. James was glad to see his captain seemingly happy and exited. The Tempest and its crew had been through so much loss and war lately and while the crew was strong and didn't let it show he knew it had taken a toll on much of the crew and Julia was no exception. Even James still felt partially responsible for much of what had happened.

His thoughts were soon interrupted by K'izh's outburst. James had heard something going on from the Conference Room but figured it was all good. That was until K'lizh returned to the Bridge and soon had his outburst. James quickly stood up and faced the Caitian. "Leftenent K'lizh do you want to be demoted to Janitor Third Class? Get those probes launched and then clean that mess up," James said in a calm and collected tone. Such an outburst didn't belong on the bridge, certainly not from a Department.
K'lizh was still coughing when the new First Officer stood up and snapped at him. His ears flattened and he sheepishly returned to his station. So much for feeling more at home amongst this crew. He found himself missing Commander Waring. The former First Officer would have been sympathetic toward's K'lizh's plight. That disgusting taste was still sticking to his tongue, like some kind of nasty slime.

A few minutes of programming configurations into the computer later, he said, "Drones launched," quietly. Then he activated the bridge's automated cleaning drone to clean up the floor around him.

"Here is the blackness of space, the myriad stars gleaming like diamond dust or, as some people would say, like great balls of exploding hydrogen a very long way off. But then, some people would say anything." - Terry Pratchett

Offline Naga Rylu

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2017, 02:37:10 am »
K'lizh was still coughing when the new First Officer stood up and snapped at him. His ears flattened and he sheepishly returned to his station. So much for feeling more at home amongst this crew. He found himself missing Commander Waring. The former First Officer would have been sympathetic toward's K'lizh's plight. That disgusting taste was still sticking to his tongue, like some kind of nasty slime.

A few minutes of programming configurations into the computer later, he said, "Drones launched," quietly. Then he activated the bridge's automated cleaning drone to clean up the floor around him.

"And Launching Lateral Arrays."  Naga said, feeling sympathetic towards the Caitian.  She rubbed her claws over each other, making a sort of rasping noise.  She could hardly wait to see what information they could gather from this.  "And as to the weird replicated food, I had a 'steak' that was the texture of a 'hockey puck' and seemed to be made from gray oatmeal."
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 02:46:44 am by Naga Rylu »

Offline Jada

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • #greenlivesmatter
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2017, 03:47:43 am »
[Ten Forward]

Seeing, and most definitely hearing, Galloway, S'Murr, and Solluk enter the lounge and take a table together, Jada chewed on her options. Galloway had annoyed her, but maybe she could settle things there, and she wouldn't mind talking to Solluk again after their sparring encounter. But did they even want to be interrupted? Even Jada preferred to avoid people most of time; she was used to hunting alone. Thousand Gods, making friends was hard.

At last, the Orion woman rose and approached their table, bearing a small carry-tank with a content-looking snake inside. 'Lieutenant Galloway. I hope my new transportation arrangement for Snake is to your satisfaction?' she asked formally, setting the snake in a box down on the table in front of him for inspection.
Academy Chief of the Boat  (Personnel File)

Offline Ian Galloway

• Site Administrators
  • Amazing Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July to the player with the most humorous posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2017, 04:06:50 am »
[Ten Forward]

Seeing, and most definitely hearing, Galloway, S'Murr, and Solluk enter the lounge and take a table together, Jada chewed on her options. Galloway had annoyed her, but maybe she could settle things there, and she wouldn't mind talking to Solluk again after their sparring encounter. But did they even want to be interrupted? Even Jada preferred to avoid people most of time; she was used to hunting alone. Thousand Gods, making friends was hard.

At last, the Orion woman rose and approached their table, bearing a small carry-tank with a content-looking snake inside. 'Lieutenant Galloway. I hope my new transportation arrangement for Snake is to your satisfaction?' she asked formally, setting the snake in a box down on the table in front of him for inspection.

Ian looked at the snake and then up at Jada, took another long gulp of his drink before shrugging and smiling.

"I did say it needed ta be in an enclosure. I nae mentioned where the enclosure had ta be, so ya got me there. I still don't think a venomous pet is a good idea, but someone higher ranked than I am said it was okay, so it's nae my place ta try and countermand that approval. I don't know if ya have any aptitude fer flyin', but I have a holodeck program waitin' and ya are welcome ta join us, that is if any of ya aren't due fer duty in the next three hours."

Offline Jada

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • #greenlivesmatter
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2017, 04:22:48 am »
[Ten Forward]

Jada took a seat, saying 'On Thirat, sneks live in our homes and keep away rodents and spiders. Children play with them. The only risk is finding them in your boot in the morning when you put your foot in.' She took the tank back to her, opened a hatch, and tossed in a small chunk of dried meat from a pouch. Snake lunged and struck, catching it in her jaws.

'I only know how to fly a shuttle and a hoverbike, but I'll give it a go. I'm off-duty for a while.'

Offline Julia Rellek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • "There's coffee in the nebula!" - Janeway
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2017, 04:27:03 am »
[Bridge]

"In my defense shooting things is pretty gun," James replied with a slightly less awkward grin than his last one. James was glad to see his captain seemingly happy and exited. The Tempest and its crew had been through so much loss and war lately and while the crew was strong and didn't let it show he knew it had taken a toll on much of the crew and Julia was no exception. Even James still felt partially responsible for much of what had happened.

His thoughts were soon interrupted by K'izh's outburst. James had heard something going on from the Conference Room but figured it was all good. That was until K'lizh returned to the Bridge and soon had his outburst. James quickly stood up and faced the Caitian. "Leftenent K'lizh do you want to be demoted to Janitor Third Class? Get those probes launched and then clean that mess up," James said in a calm and collected tone. Such an outburst didn't belong on the bridge, certainly not from a Department.

[Bridge]

"They can be fun." Julia said acknowledging the point the commander had made. She chuckled along as James had some fun with K'lizh's replicator malfunction. It was nice to see everyone getting along so well and enjoying their time together.

[quote-Naga]
"And Launching Lateral Arrays."  Naga said, feeling sympathetic towards the Caitian.  She rubbed her claws over each other, making a sort of rasping noise.  She could hardly wait to see what information they could gather from this.  "And as to the weird replicated food, I had a 'steak' that was the texture of a 'hockey puck' and seemed to be made from gray oatmeal."[/quote]

Quote from: K'Lizh

"Good work. Let me know when we begin to receive telemetry." She said.

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Offline Ian Galloway

• Site Administrators
  • Amazing Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2017, 05:30:02 am »
[Ten Forward]

Jada took a seat, saying 'On Thirat, sneks live in our homes and keep away rodents and spiders. Children play with them. The only risk is finding them in your boot in the morning when you put your foot in.' She took the tank back to her, opened a hatch, and tossed in a small chunk of dried meat from a pouch. Snake lunged and struck, catching it in her jaws.

'I only know how to fly a shuttle and a hoverbike, but I'll give it a go. I'm off-duty for a while.'

[Ten Forward]

Ian pursed his lips as he thought before he answered.

"I do nae want ta call yer pilotin' skills into question, but the vehicle in question is a primitive atmospheric craft with manual controls and no computer of any kind. They are carburetorated piston engines that ya have ta roll inverted ta dive or the engine will stall. There is no emergency transporter if the thing takes too much damage ta keep flyin' ya have physically bail of usin' something called a parachute.

"I'm an experienced helmsman and these P40s are difficult fer me ta control. I crashed five times before I figured out how ta take off and land right, and that was before the Japanese started shootin'. This program might be too much for both you and S'Murr, but if ya like the challenge of meldin' pilot and machine ya are welcome ta try. I can tell ya one thing fer certain, ya master the Tomahawk and it will make ya a better shuttle pilot. The computer has the pattern fer the gear ya will need ta replicate. My set is in my quarters, so I will meet whoever is up ta the challenge in thirty minutes at holodeck four."

Ian then finished off his drink and headed for the door.

Offline S'Murr

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Caitian
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2017, 09:35:46 pm »
[Ten Forward]
S'Murr gave Ian a sideways glace. "Flying Tigers?" he said... Hard to fly? S'Murr was already thinking of modification to the program to make it more "novice tolerant". In the midst of his engineering revelry, Jada joined the group and began talking about her snake. S'Murr calmly extended a claw and stabbed a scrap of fish. He held it over the tank.

"Does Snake eat fish?" he asked.

Offline Jada

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • #greenlivesmatter
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2017, 02:59:44 am »
[Ten Forward]

'Yes, she can, but not too much, it makes her scales oily... We just have to wait until she's swallowed the last chunk.' Jada advised. In the tank, a distinct bulge slid down Snake's body and finally disappeared, after which the serpent reared up, looking expectantly around for more with bright beady eyes. Snake seemed all too much like a cat. 'Okay, now she's ready. But maybe drop it in, rather than let her take it off you...'

With one eye on S'Murr and Snake for safety's sake, Jada turned a teasing eye on Galloway, remarking 'If it's just a primitive aircraft, how hard could it be?' She smirked, showing she was joking. 'Okay, I'll have the computer put the training wheels on.'

Offline Ian Galloway

• Site Administrators
  • Amazing Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2017, 03:52:47 am »
[Ten Forward]

'Yes, she can, but not too much, it makes her scales oily... We just have to wait until she's swallowed the last chunk.' Jada advised. In the tank, a distinct bulge slid down Snake's body and finally disappeared, after which the serpent reared up, looking expectantly around for more with bright beady eyes. Snake seemed all too much like a cat. 'Okay, now she's ready. But maybe drop it in, rather than let her take it off you...'

With one eye on S'Murr and Snake for safety's sake, Jada turned a teasing eye on Galloway, remarking 'If it's just a primitive aircraft, how hard could it be?' She smirked, showing she was joking. 'Okay, I'll have the computer put the training wheels on.'

[Ten Forward]

Ian shrugged as he replied.

"Given ya have never seen a P40 and have only flown a heavily automated shuttle, ya might want ta dial down the overconfidence, but I figure the Tomahawk will do that to ya just find. Just know that ya will have ta deal with Chennault when he flays yaer hide fer wreckin' one of his birds. See ya at holodeck four."

Ian bounded bounded out of the crew lounge and made haste to his quarters. It took only a few minutes to change into period dress, complete with a silk scarf patterned on his clan tartan. He made his way to holodeck four and stopped outside.

"Computer. Begin Flyin' Tiger simulation. Date, old calendar 22 December 1941. The airfield at Kunming, China."

It took only seconds for the computer to reply.

"Program ready."

Ian entered the holodeck with a massive grin as he made his way to an olive drab fighter plane with the distinctive shark's mouth painted on the nose and the name 'Highland Gal' under the cockpit canopy.

Offline Solluk

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Life is not endurable without a sense of humor.
  • Three year award Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2017, 04:35:09 am »
[Deck Ten, Forward]

Solluk began to up at Jada when she arrived, but his smile froze half-way on when she plopped a snake-in-a-box in front of them all.  From the ensuing dialogue, he got the impression that there had been some kind of disagreement between her and Ian regarding the creature.  He was not sure if the situation was now resolved or not.  But Ian invited her- with cautions- to a flight simulation, and that suggested whatever had cropped up between them was in the past.

He thought back to his own civilian flight training on Vulcan, which had included a class on atmospheric craft.  Ian was right that such vehicles were a world apart from shuttles.  Most shuttles didn't even have a wing or lifting body.  With the exception of crafts like the Waverider or Aeroshuttle on the Nova and Intrepid classes, the majority of modern vessels used antigravity and vectored thrust apparatus that were 95% computer controlled.  Modern pilots inhabited the other 5%.  They could make magic happen in that sliver of control, but it bore little resemblance to winged vehicles.    Even Solluk's atmospheric flight trainer had been fly-by-wire.  A truly mechanical craft would be an interesting experience, as daunting in its own way as the glider he'd operated earlier.

"I'd be happy to join you," he said to Ian before the man departed to prepare the program.

His eyes returned to the snake.  He didn't say so aloud, but the creature reminded him of the ship's Chief Medical Officer, whom he'd joined on a runabout on the way to this new assignment.

"I have sometimes considered getting a pet," he mentioned to Jada once Ian was gone, "but I was never sure whether the comfort of companionship provided by such a creature would outweigh the anxiety of being responsible for the care of another living thing."

(tag)
My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Offline Jada

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • #greenlivesmatter
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2017, 06:58:20 am »
[Ten Forward]

Jada wasn't too concerned about the difficulty. She knew she was a poor pilot (even in shuttles) and completely inexperienced with such crude aircraft (Orion aviation had begun with the hovercar, having skipped wings and the wheel), but there was no shame in failing something she'd never done before, in competition against experts. Galloway had invited her regardless. She didn't even really care for the aircraft simulation. She was only interested in the experience, both of flight, the Earthian history, and hanging with fellow crew, and would be content just to ride along. Even jumping out with a parachute or just crashing the thing would be fun. Jada's thrill-seeking nature liked her danger much closer to hand. Nine Hells, just the look on Galloway's face would be worth it.

When Galloway left, she leaned in to the other non-humans. 'Is it me, or is the universal translator sounding faulty?' She cocked a head meaningfully at where Galloway had gone. Meanwhile, she helped herself to his leftover fried fish and root vegetables, loving it a lot.

She listened carefully to Solluk's question, then thought carefully about her answer. 'I think it would. Companionship reduces anxiety, and it's good to care for others.' she explained thoughtfully. 'Among Orions, the highest ideal is to care for others, and to be successful enough to do it. I might not be rich or lead a clan, but I can take care of a snek. And I take care of my family back home, and of my crew here, so I feel successful.'

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles