Personal Log - Doctor Naira

Started by Naira, April 04, 2017, 12:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naira

[Personal Log - Stardate 70470.6]

"We've only just begun to settle in to life on the starbase, but I have a feeling that as time goes on that the girls will eventually warm up to the idea of living here and they will feel comfortable enough to open up to this way of life. I can't even begin to understand what they went through, but I am hoping that over time they will come to see all the new possibilities open to them. I know it might be a lot to expect, but I'm looking forward to the day when they can run and play with the other children on the station without fear of their uncertain futures."

Naira

[Personal Log]

"Today I was notified that I've been promoted to Chief Medical Officer. I had not been expecting this. Dr. Bardakci unexpectedly decided to retire early, I guess the stress of the job and dealing with the Ferengi just got to him. I can't blame him, but a part of me just wonders why I was chosen over some of the other doctors more acquainted with the station or more experienced."

She let out a long sigh.

"I am honored by this promotion, even if it means that I will have less time to dedicate to my personal research projects. Perhaps I can use my new position to my advantage. I am sure this should make it easier to apply for grants and place orders with Starfleet for specialized equipment."

There was a long pause before she continued.

"It's getting late and I have other things I must attend to. Computer, remind me I need to transfer more funds to my mother's account. She'll be happy to know that the girls are doing well and that I haven't forgotten about the others."   

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.