The Grand Reunion (open to returning players and others)

Started by Kirok, April 01, 2017, 11:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on April 03, 2017, 01:11:07 PM

Observation Deck

" I don't think I ever have until now, it was mainly martial arts tournaments for me during the Academy and after graduation some of my first assignments were security detail for various Diplomats and Ambassadors nothing too exciting" she replied thinking how much she had changed since then as she took another drink.

"It was boring even for a med head like me... trust me ," Caleb chuckled. This was such a refreshing feeling he currently had. He promised himself happiness should be paramount and it send that by at least attending it would help his goal. However, he was glad to have made a new friend.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Steven Black on April 03, 2017, 02:55:48 PM

Observation Deck

The Doors glided open with their familiar sound and Steven walked slowly into the room, he had his usual lopsided grin on his face and wore his freshly replicated Tuxedo. He never felt comfortable in a dress uniform and as the invitation had specified formal dress he had decided to wear the tux.

As he entered he turned back to the turbolift and held out his hand for his former deputy Lieutenant Commander Natalya Simonova to join him.

The two of them walked slowly down towards Admiral Kirok and waited for him to finish speaking before they greeted him.

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on April 03, 2017, 03:55:02 PM

"It was boring even for a med head like me... trust me ," Caleb chuckled. This was such a refreshing feeling he currently had. He promised himself happiness should be paramount and it send that by at least attending it would help his goal. However, he was glad to have made a new friend.

The soft whoosh of the turbolift doors distracted her from the conversation for a brief moment, smiling inside when she saw who it was and couldn't help but feel happy that he was actually here. However that happiness was short lived when a woman appeared at his side and her emotions turned to ones of embarrassment and awkwardness. He didn't know that she secretly harbored a desire for him and nor did she want to reveal that especially if it jeopardized their friendship so instead returned to her conversation with Caleb. " I guess I'll have too " she replied with a grin " I actually took a minor in basic medicine I thought it would be useful with being in Sec/Tac".

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on April 03, 2017, 05:07:09 PM

The soft whoosh of the turbolift doors distracted her from the conversation for a brief moment, smiling inside when she saw who it was and couldn't help but feel happy that he was actually here. However that happiness was short lived when a woman appeared at his side and her emotions turned to ones of embarrassment and awkwardness. He didn't know that she secretly harbored a desire for him and nor did she want to reveal that especially if it jeopardized their friendship so instead returned to her conversation with Caleb. " I guess I'll have too " she replied with a grin " I actually took a minor in basic medicine I thought it would be useful with being in Sec/Tac".

Caleb watched the enterance with a quick eyebrow raised.
"Who's this guy think he is? James Bond? Next thing you know he's gonna ask for a shaken not stirred martini. That's a crime against good taste." Caleb thought for a brief moment. Though the train would have went further, he wasn't snapped to by Katheryn's reply.
"I'd say that's a great idea. It's good to have that knowledge in your back pocket. I think it's a good survival tip," he said in reply.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Kirok

Quote from: Steven Black on April 03, 2017, 02:55:48 PM

Observation Deck

The Doors glided open with their familiar sound and Steven walked slowly into the room, he had his usual lopsided grin on his face and wore his freshly replicated Tuxedo. He never felt comfortable in a dress uniform and as the invitation had specified formal dress he had decided to wear the tux.

As he entered he turned back to the turbolift and held out his hand for his former deputy Lieutenant Commander Natalya Simonova to join him.

The two of them walked slowly down towards Admiral Kirok and waited for him to finish speaking before they greeted him.

Observation Deck

Kirok noticed the two familiar faces approaching.  He excused himself from his current conversation.  Then pulled his shift cuffs down, left then right.

"Mr. Black, Ms. Simonova" Kirok said.  He offered the two his customary bow and then returned to his normal position.  "It is quite acceptable that you decided to attend this event.  It is fortunate that you both appear to be well" he added in his typical Vulcan manner.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on April 03, 2017, 06:08:30 PM

Caleb watched the enterance with a quick eyebrow raised.
"Who's this guy think he is? James Bond? Next thing you know he's gonna ask for a shaken not stirred martini. That's a crime against good taste." Caleb thought for a brief moment. Though the train would have went further, he wasn't snapped to by Katheryn's reply.
"I'd say that's a great idea. It's good to have that knowledge in your back pocket. I think it's a good survival tip," he said in reply.

Taking a larger sip of her drink this time as she tried to forget what she had just witnessed and wanted to go back to enjoying herself despite the slight dent to her ego for foolishly letting her emotions get to her over someone who she had to keep her distance from and not get caught up with how she truly felt. Turning a little more towards Caleb as he spoke " Thank you I've always enjoyed learning and where I grew up you had to know how to survive properly in the woods so carried that on when I joined the Academy".

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on April 03, 2017, 06:33:16 PM

Taking a larger sip of her drink this time as she tried to forget what she had just witnessed and wanted to go back to enjoying herself despite the slight dent to her ego for foolishly letting her emotions get to her over someone who she had to keep her distance from and not get caught up with how she truly felt. Turning a little more towards Caleb as he spoke " Thank you I've always enjoyed learning and where I grew up you had to know how to survive properly in the woods so carried that on when I joined the Academy".

"I think that's an essential skill to have. Me and ... Caleb began pausing for a moment. He didn't dare speak her name without causing some discomfort to himself. "Well me and a child friend of sorts used to take a weekend and survive. We would paddle boat out to an island and for the weekend we prenteded we were stuck there and survived. It was great fun actually."

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on April 03, 2017, 06:38:58 PM

"I think that's an essential skill to have. Me and ... Caleb began pausing for a moment. He didn't dare speak her name without causing some discomfort to himself. "Well me and a child friend of sorts used to take a weekend and survive. We would paddle boat out to an island and for the weekend we prenteded we were stuck there and survived. It was great fun actually."

" I agree and I don't think I would of gotten where I am today without it " she replied noticing that he had paused before continuing and she understood as she sometimes did that until she was ready to go on. " That does sound fun me and my friends used to camp out in the woods and when we moved to San Francisco the beach became our favorite hang out spot when I got to know some of the local kids ".

Academy Commandant

Zuriel Soreka

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on April 03, 2017, 07:38:48 AM

[Observation Lounge]

Evan sensed her unease, making ready to suggest an expedition to interrogate the buffet table when they were approached by a man in red with a beautiful woman dangling on his arm.

"Zuriel!" T'Ra exclaimed, offering a rare smile to her old friend, a man she had known almost as long as she had Evan. "Na'shaya. It's been far too long, old friend. Zuriel and I served together on the Churchill after graduating from the Academy." Addressing her old friend, she added, "And this is Evan, my--"

"Fiancé," Evan interjected, having no qualms about jumping right into a conversation. He offered a hand to Zuriel and a bow to the lady. "Pleasure to meet you both."

Zuriel was happily surprised to see Evan so confident in his introduction,  it was good to see someone for protective with T'ra, it was nothing short of what she deserved. It's a pleasure to meet you Evan." Zuriel said shaking his hand. "This is my wife Talia." Zuriel said happily.
"It is wonderful to meet you, Zuriel told me about your antic in the Robin hood stories, and also that you were his first friend in task force ten. It seems you both did very well for yourselves." Talia replied returning Evan's bow and performing one of her own for T'ra. "Anyone who keeps my Zuriel safe , is a friend of mine. I know how testing that task can be." Talia joked.

"T'ra hiw have you been, I feel like it has been ages since I've seen you last?" Zuriel inquired.

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on April 03, 2017, 06:53:25 PM

" I agree and I don't think I would of gotten where I am today without it " she replied noticing that he had paused before continuing and she understood as she sometimes did that until she was ready to go on. " That does sound fun me and my friends used to camp out in the woods and when we moved to San Francisco the beach became our favorite hang out spot when I got to know some of the local kids ".

"Oh it was great fun. I remember this cave we used to sleep in. The sunset would hit the enterence just right to make some of the crystalline structues in there sparkle." Caleb said.

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on April 03, 2017, 07:32:29 PM

"Oh it was great fun. I remember this cave we used to sleep in. The sunset would hit the enterence just right to make some of the crystalline structues in there sparkle." Caleb said.

It felt good to reminisce like this as it was keeping her even more distracted from how she felt inside and again talking to Caleb still felt natural as if they had known each other longer than just a few minutes. Smiling when he described the cave and how the crystalline structures used to sparkle reminding her in a way of the Fjords back home. " We had the Fjords where the sun used to reflect off the waters surface making it glisten and we too sometimes used to sleep in the caves and something I used to miss a lot when we moved" she answered honestly taking another sip of her drink.

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on April 03, 2017, 07:59:24 PM

It felt good to reminisce like this as it was keeping her even more distracted from how she felt inside and again talking to Caleb still felt natural as if they had known each other longer than just a few minutes. Smiling when he described the cave and how the crystalline structures used to sparkle reminding her in a way of the Fjords back home. " We had the Fjords where the sun used to reflect off the waters surface making it glisten and we too sometimes used to sleep in the caves and something I used to miss a lot when we moved" she answered honestly taking another sip of her drink.

"That sounds amazing. I also remember the amazing hot springs there too. Thank goodness us locals kept it on the down low or it would have been destroyed by tourists I'll tell you," Caleb said .

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Zuriel Soreka on April 03, 2017, 07:07:27 PM

Zuriel was happily surprised to see Evan so confident in his introduction.  It was good to see someone for protective with T'ra, it was nothing short of what she deserved. It's a pleasure to meet you, Evan," Zuriel said shaking his hand. "This is my wife, Talia," Zuriel said happily.

"It is wonderful to meet you. Zuriel told me about your antics in the Robin hood stories, and also that you were his first friend in task force ten. It seems you both did very well for yourselves," Talia replied returning Evan's bow and performing one of her own for T'Ra. "Anyone who keeps my Zuriel safe is a friend of mine. I know how testing that task can be," Talia joked.

"T'Ra how have you been. I feel like it has been ages since I've seen you last?" Zuriel inquired.

[Observation Lounge]

T'Ra returned the bow with a respectful nod and soft smile. She was glad to see that Zuriel had found someone who seemed just as confident and down-to-Earth as Evan was for her, a tether so to speak to keep her from going too far adrift amidst all the thoughts that floated through her mind. "It was my pleasure, Talia," she replied, "and an honor to serve with him on the Churchill. Those were good days, and I'm sure Zuriel doesn't make the task keeping him any easier."

The corners of her mouth flattened as she thought on the question Zuriel had posed. "The last couple years have not been the easiest, and I almost feel as I have lived a lifetime in them." She had certainly seen and experienced more than enough to last a lifetime. She would give just about anything to go back to her days as an Ensign, once again aboard her first ship. "It's been so long," she mused, trying to be more light-hearted. "I don't suppose you remember if anyone was bold enough to don the mantle of Robin Hood himself?"

Evan, who had been listening quietly as the two old friends spoke, now piped up. "You don't mean Men in Tights?" he asked, an image of Cary Elwes springing to mind.

T'Ra laughed, not sure if he was being serious or just trying to get her to smile. "No, no. The traditional legend."

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Sevoc

(Observation Deck)

With his new orders, Sevoc found himself back on the Starbase awaiting the launch of his new home. The Shran had been enjoyable, but he felt that the needs of Starfleet should be put ahead of his own.

He was going to miss T'Ra, but the subspace network would allow them to stay in contact. She had really helped him get straightened out after Dr. McConnell's virus had transferred through his mind. He was even appreciative of Evan for his understanding. She had chosen well with him. He saw the two of them with another officer and what looked to be his wife.

He made his way over to them so he could give a proper farewell.

So that would make me a blue-blooded hobgoblin?
Alt for Leo

Zuriel Soreka

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on April 04, 2017, 03:40:54 AM

[Observation Lounge]

T'Ra returned the bow with a respectful nod and soft smile. She was glad to see that Zuriel had found someone who seemed just as confident and down-to-Earth as Evan was for her, a tether so to speak to keep her from going too far adrift amidst all the thoughts that floated through her mind. "It was my pleasure, Talia," she replied, "and an honor to serve with him on the Churchill. Those were good days, and I'm sure Zuriel doesn't make the task keeping him any easier."

The corners of her mouth flattened as she thought on the question Zuriel had posed. "The last couple years have not been the easiest, and I almost feel as I have lived a lifetime in them." She had certainly seen and experienced more than enough to last a lifetime. She would give just about anything to go back to her days as an Ensign, once again aboard her first ship. "It's been so long," she mused, trying to be more light-hearted. "I don't suppose you remember if anyone was bold enough to don the mantle of Robin Hood himself?"

Evan, who had been listening quietly as the two old friends spoke, now piped up. "You don't mean Men in Tights?" he asked, an image of Cary Elwes springing to mind.

T'Ra laughed, not sure if he was being serious or just trying to get her to smile. "No, no. The traditional legend."

"Sometimes you just have to jump out the airlock." Zuriel said seriously with a dismissive shrug that was quickly tempered by his wife slapping hi on the arm. "What? At least I'm honest about it." He laughed.

The conversation quickly turned into a discussion about the Robin Hood saga, it was a very fun way to pass the time in his early years with the fleet, and it only brought T'Ra and Zuriel closer by the end of it. "I'm not sure if anyone else has taken up the mantle, but there are a few holoprograms out there on the subject, I would say the odds are good. But honestly it was not much fun without you. I believe master gave it a go once, but he in true form almost died." Zuriel chuckled at the thought of his clumsy former CO. "But I'd rather not talk about the tights...still have nightmares, humans really did torture themselves back then, a totally barbaric article of clothing."

"Well you'll be happy to know I have been keeping out of trouble, took a good deal of years off to raise my daughters Adonia and Avigail; there twins if you can believe it. Adonia is on our new home world, and Avi is in the academy; you may even serve with her one day if she keeps her head down." Zuriel stopped to see another Vulcan approaching, this one was unfamiliar to him, but he seems pleasant as Vulcans go.

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Zuriel Soreka on April 04, 2017, 05:53:08 AM

"Sometimes you just have to jump out the airlock." Zuriel said seriously with a dismissive shrug that was quickly tempered by his wife slapping him on the arm. "What? At least I'm honest about it." He laughed.

The conversation quickly turned into a discussion about the Robin Hood saga, it was a very fun way to pass the time in his early years with the fleet, and it only brought T'Ra and Zuriel closer by the end of it. "I'm not sure if anyone else has taken up the mantle, but there are a few holoprograms out there on the subject, I would say the odds are good. But honestly it was not much fun without you. I believe Master gave it a go once, but he, in true form, almost died." Zuriel chuckled at the thought of his clumsy former CO. "But I'd rather not talk about the tights...still have nightmares, humans really did torture themselves back then, a totally barbaric article of clothing."

"Well you'll be happy to know I have been keeping out of trouble, took a good deal of years off to raise my daughters Adonia and Avigail; they're twins, if you can believe it. Adonia is on our new home world, and Avi is in the academy; you may even serve with her one day if she keeps her head down." Zuriel stopped to see another Vulcan approaching, this one was unfamiliar to him, but he seemed pleasant as Vulcans go.

[Observation Lounge]

T'Ra didn't doubt that Zuriel was much more at ease in his dress uniform than what he had worn all those years ago for their crazy shenanigans. But the memory made her smile, and Evan bellowed with laughter at the thought. "I think I like this guy," he told T'Ra. "Seems like a lot of fun."

"Knowing you," T'Ra added, "I'm having a little trouble believing you've kept yourself out of trouble all this time, but I suppose becoming a father and husband changes your perspective on life." She could feel Evan's eyes on her, but she did not have to look at him to know what he was thinking. After their encounter with Sloan it was clear that he wanted children, but they hadn't even set a day for the wedding. Soon, probably. Evan had been patient long enough, and she was not one to deny him. "What field is she studying?" T'Ra asked, changing the subject back to his daughter Avi. "I'm sure the twins must have been a handful."

Quote from: Sevoc on April 04, 2017, 03:45:16 AM

(Observation Deck)

With his new orders, Sevoc found himself back on the Starbase awaiting the launch of his new home. The Shran had been enjoyable, but he felt that the needs of Starfleet should be put ahead of his own.

He was going to miss T'Ra, but the subspace network would allow them to stay in contact. She had really helped him get straightened out after Dr. McConnell's virus had transferred through his mind. He was even appreciative of Evan for his understanding. She had chosen well with him. He saw the two of them with another officer and what looked to be his wife.

He made his way over to them so he could give a proper farewell.

[Observation Lounge]

Being on a starbase, T'Ra was hyper-aware of the bustling crowd as it ebbed and flowed, marking each new arrival as friend or foe. She knew she was safe and among her companions, but she still struggled to keep the wheels from spinning in her head. Until she spotted another familiar face.

"Na'shaya, Mr. Sevoc," she called out, beckoning to the fellow Vulcan and friend. It gladdened her to see him one more time before he left for his new posting on the Challenger. She would miss him dearly. Despite the short time they had served together, she felt they had grown close, a relationship enhanced in part by the mind melds. But also, she would miss their ability to work together, in tandem with one another. There would be a completely different atmosphere in the science labs with his departure.

"I hope you'll join me when Hawke drags me up on Á¢â,¬Ëœstage' to explain the transwarp conduit," T'Ra added. "After all, you had just as much a part to play in this as I." She paused a moment to collect her thoughts, not sure what to say yet. "Captain Warring is getting a fine science officer."

Realizing she had forgotten something, she made the introductions. "Sevoc, this is an old friend of mine from my days fresh out of the academy." And to Zuriel, she added, "This is Sevoc, my best science officer. He's been snagged for the new ship they're rolling out."

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.