Author Topic: S1 - M3: Time Paradox  (Read 15935 times)

Offline Justin Conwell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • CEO, USS Delphia A
  • 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S1 - M3: Time Paradox
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2017, 07:25:15 pm »

[Bridge, Nemesis]

It seemed the cloak was still operational at the very least. Well partially operational but sensors were still still out of alignment. If those don't become aligned, a temporal jump would be impossible to perform. Sensors went off letting him know someone entered the hanger bay. Likely Hawke since he just contacted him.

Before the starfleet officer, the Nemesis decloaked temporary before being transported to the bridge. The cloak reemerged hiding the vessel shortly there after. "Computer, run Level 2 Diagnostic on primary systems minus cloaking field." He got a beep in reply before turning his attention to the Commander.

"Welcome aboard again, Commander Hawke. Though you could help me some with repairs and a little convo ue to your past. In exchange, I will provide you the name of the only survivor of the upcoming battle that were attempting to change if Sloan has his way with the Shran... His only agent aboard."

Currently assigned to the USS Shran!

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2017, 04:17:16 am »
One Person
[Sickbay - NPC Evan Buehler]

"You can bet on me crashing the party," Evan grinned. "A few good drinks and any answer is a good answer." He watched a moment as the computer did its thing. "Already on it, Commander," he quipped. "If the computer doesn't find an exact match, it'll search for the closest compatible person."

Evan listened quietly while James continued his ramble, but this time mostly because he hardly understood a single word of it. "Remember that part where I'm a doctor, not a... whatever?" When the temporal agent's voice cut through, Evan simply shrugged. "Computer's still searching. We're not gonna find an exact match, but I'll let you know if we get a ping on anything."

Hawke left, and sickbay fell back into a silence. Only the computer was talking to him now,  soundlessly spewing endless streams of numbers as it it searched for a pair. But then even the computer fell silent, and Evan's brows popped up, quickly falling back down again. He had a match, or close enough. But the name attached was classified...

Great, Evan grumbled to himself. More cloak and dagger. And there was only one person on board who might have clearance high enough. He thought about asking T'Ra to see if her old Vice Admiral codes were still active, though he already knew it'd do no good to ask. So with a sigh, he downloaded the file onto a padd and set off to find Kirok.

Kirok turned to Conley.  "Please assist Ms. Jones" he said.  Then he turned back to Zuriel.

"Na'shaya, Mr. Conley," T'Ra said by way of her customary greeting. It was good to have another mind to sift through the data. "What do make of these numbers?" she asked him. "Anything that would stand out to you as a cloaked ship, or something else that might mask a warp signature?"

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Offline Ardyn Jaeger

• Approved Applicants
  • Live fast, die young.
  • Three year award Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2017, 04:40:42 am »
[Bridge]

Ardyn stared at the wreckage of the ship as the yellow alert was called. It looked like it had been run through with a blender.  What happened here? She thought to herself.
However her thoughts were interrupted when T'Ra asked;

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Offline Alex Harmon

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2017, 07:13:02 am »

[Bridge]

"Shields, Mr. Harmon.  Also lets start scanning for cloaked ships in the area.  Please be sure to scan for any tachyon or chroniton activity too" Kirok call out.

[Bridge]

"Aye, sir," Alex said before turning on his heel and taking his station. He quickly raised the Shran's shields and began scanning for tachyons and chronitons. Unfortunately, his scans turns up nothing of interest. There weren't any ships present, cloaked or otherwise however he did manage to pick up a warp trail. "Admiral, there are no ships nearby however I am picking up a warp trail. I've sent the coordinates to Lieutenant Jaeger. Are we going to chase it?"

James H. Hawk's Alt

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2017, 08:51:09 pm »
[Bridge]

"Aye, sir," Alex said before turning on his heel and taking his station. He quickly raised the Shran's shields and began scanning for tachyons and chronitons. Unfortunately, his scans turns up nothing of interest. There weren't any ships present, cloaked or otherwise however he did manage to pick up a warp trail. "Admiral, there are no ships nearby however I am picking up a warp trail. I've sent the coordinates to Lieutenant Jaeger. Are we going to chase it?"

[Bridge]

For a very long moment, Kirok was paralyzed by the music.  The only movement that could be seen was a tightening of his jaw.  And then a twisting of his fingers into fists ready for a fight.

Sloan had taken it too far and there appeared to be no end in sight.  Not unless someone stopped him.  "He needs to pay for way the did" Kirok finally said.

"Proceed.  Take us to red alert.  I want everyone at battle stations" he added. 
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 01:27:17 pm by Kirok »

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2017, 09:08:26 pm »

[Bridge]

For a very long moment, Kirok was paralyzed by the music.  The only movement that could be seen was a tightening of his jaw.  And then a twisting of his fingers into fists ready for a fight.

Sloan had taken it too far and there appeared to be no end in sight.  Not unless someone stopped him.  "He needs to pay for way the did" Kirok finally said.

[Bridge]

EQ looked up from what he was doing when he hear the music.  He did not recognize it, but from the looks of it his commanding officer definitely did.   "Sir?" EQ asked, making sure he clearly understood he orders that had been given.

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2017, 02:31:15 am »
[Bridge]

Ardyn stared at the wreckage of the ship as the yellow alert was called. It looked like it had been run through with a blender.  What happened here?
[Bridge]

"Thank you, Ms. Jaeger," T'Ra replied, watching for any changes in the numbers streaming across her screen, furrowing a brow at the nominal improvements. But finally she found what she was looking for.

"I'm also picking up traces of an ion trail," she reported, adding to Harmon's statement. "And based on the rate of decay, I'd say it's recent, less than a couple hours old."

[Bridge]

[Bridge - NPC Evan Buehler]

According to the computer, the person in question was currently on the bridge, and Evan didn't feel like arguing the computer, so he made a beeline straight to the closest Turbolift. He stepped inside, and it shit up like a bullet, depositing him at the desired location before he could so much as utter 'hold your horses'.

The doors parted, and he stepped out onto the bridge padd in hand. He found Kirok standing front and center, but something caused him to halt in his tracks. The Vulcan's body was rigid, his hands clenched in what could only be rage, his posture totally at odds with the music playing.

"And the cat's in the cradle, and the silver spoon. Little boy blue and the man in the moon," Evan began to sing quietly to himself, unaware of where the words were coming from. "When you coming home, dad? I don't know when, but I know we'll have a good time then. I know we're gonna have a good time then." But Evan shivered, his body reacting to the unearthly ambiance that had settled upon the bridge. And Kirok was clearly not in the mood for this tune.

"Sir," Evan managed at last, holding out the padd. "The computer found a near match for the prisoner's DNA, but the name attached is classified..." Only now did he glance around the bridge, his eyes meeting briefly with T'Ra's.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 04:11:55 pm by T'Ra Jones »

-Evan Buehler

Offline Alex Harmon

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2017, 07:01:08 am »

[Bridge]

"Aye, sir, Red Alert," Alex said as he took the ship to red alert. The lights on the bridge dimmed and red lights started flashing in addition to the alarm klaxon just as Alex called red alert over Comms.

=/\= Red Alert, Red Alert. All hands to battle stations, this is not a drill. =/\=

He then brought weapons online and shields to full power, readying the Shran for combat.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 01:27:47 pm by Kirok »

James H. Hawk's Alt

Offline Jor Garan

• Suspended Account
  • Applicant
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2017, 09:57:30 am »
[bridge]
The red alert was sounding all around the bridge. Ensign Jor Garan stood near T'Ra and asked to his superior officer: " How can I help?" emotionally feeling the sense of imminent danger.

Offline James A. Hawke

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • James A. Hawke
  • Three year award Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded to any commanding officer who takes command of two or more starships. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2017, 05:17:16 pm »
[Bridge, Nemesis]

It seemed the cloak was still operational at the very least. Well partially operational but sensors were still still out of alignment. If those don't become aligned, a temporal jump would be impossible to perform. Sensors went off letting him know someone entered the hanger bay. Likely Hawke since he just contacted him.

Before the starfleet officer, the Nemesis decloaked temporary before being transported to the bridge. The cloak reemerged hiding the vessel shortly there after. "Computer, run Level 2 Diagnostic on primary systems minus cloaking field." He got a beep in reply before turning his attention to the Commander.

"Welcome aboard again, Commander Hawke. Though you could help me some with repairs and a little convo ue to your past. In exchange, I will provide you the name of the only survivor of the upcoming battle that were attempting to change if Sloan has his way with the Shran... His only agent aboard."

=/\= Red Alert, Red Alert. All hands to battle stations, this is not a drill. =/\=

James then looked at Justin.  His eyes narrowed.  Hawke was suspicious of the man.  He did not believe that it was a coincidence that he was not on the Shran  in a moment of crisis.

"Lt. Commander Conwell, we need to stop this whole dance routine and start talking frankly.  What's going on?  You need to talk really fast, if you want to convice me to stay on this Ship.  The Shran needs me.

Click on the Badge to see bio

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2017, 07:51:26 pm »

[Bridge - NPC Evan Buehler]

According to the computer, the person in question was currently on the bridge, and Evan didn't feel like arguing the computer, so he made a beeline straight to the closest Turbolift. He stepped inside, and it shit up like a bullet, depositing him at the desired location before he could so much as utter 'hold your horses'.

The doors parted, and he stepped out onto the bridge padd in hand. He found Kirok standing front and center, but something caused him to halt in his tracks. The Vulcan's body was rigid, his hands clenched in what could only be rage, his posture totally at odds with the music playing.

"And the cat's in the cradle, and the silver spoon. Little boy blue and the man in the moon," Evan began to sing quietly to himself, unaware of where the words were coming from. "When you coming home, dad? I don't know when, but I know we'll have a good time then. I know we're gonna have a good time then." But Evan shivered, his body reacting to the unearthly ambiance that had settled upon the bridge. And Kirok was clearly not in the mood for this tune.

"Sir," Evan managed at last, holding out the padd. "The computer found a near match for the prisoner's DNA, but the name attached is classified..." Only now did he glance around the bridge, his eyes meeting briefly with T'Ra's.

[Bridge]

Kirok's head swiveled as if on a stick toward the singing doctor.  If looks could kill, Doctor Buehler would have been vaporized on the spot.  Luckily thought, the half Vulcan did not posses such abilities.

"It is Sloan.  He is doing this" Kirok said, still focused on the music but not saying so.  "The prisoner, yes, of course" he added more to himself than to Evan, as he typed in his authorization code for the search. 

Then he turned to T'Ra.  "Ms. Jones, can you take over please?  I need to leave the Bridge" he said.

Offline Justin Conwell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • CEO, USS Delphia A
  • 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2017, 12:51:13 am »
Shran  in a moment of crisis.

"Lt. Commander Conwell, we need to stop this whole dance routine and start talking frankly.  What's going on?  You need to talk really fast, if you want to convice me to stay on this Ship.  The Shran needs me.

"Besides knowing you don't belong in this time line, Sloan is about to attack the Shran in one final assault that will if events go like before, end with the destruction of the Shran." Justin replied hoping to get the Commander attention. He actually didn't expect Sloan to attack this quickly after showing up but that time ship he had would overwhelm even the Nemesis right now.

"As of this moment, due to battle damage, I can't help defend the Shran against Sloan and his stolen timeship. They made sure of it before our rescue in 2735 which reminds me," Justin said as he tapped his commbadge. =/\= Conwell to Engineering, 'S'Saavik tell me you have the reactors online. If not can we extend temporal shielding around the Shran with current power.' =/\=

=/\= Second options better grandson. Stablization of the quantum matrix won't be finished for another hour at minimal. Engineering out! =/\=

He started cursing in old Katrolesse in just about everything. Turning back to Hawke, "Three things you should know. One, I'm not technically a Lieutenant Commander. I'm a Temporal Agent operating out of the Thirty-Second Century. Two, I have a former Starfleet Fleet Admiral of this time working on getting the triplet reactors realigned and three, unless we want Temporal Shielding to survive the initial assault, I need some help.

I will tell you two things though. One, Sloan spy is on the bridge currently and two, the prisoner has a relationship to Sloan.

Besides all this, I have very limited time left before I ceased to exist if the future keeps dissolving. This is my final mission of this era, regardless."

[Bridge]

Kirok's head swiveled as if on a stick toward the singing doctor.  If looks could kill, Doctor Buehler would have been vaporized on the spot.  Luckily thought, the half Vulcan did not posses such abilities.

"It is Sloan.  He is doing this" Kirok said, still focused on the music but not saying so.  "The prisoner, yes, of course" he added more to himself than to Evan, as he typed in his authorization code for the search. 

Then he turned to T'Ra.  "Ms. Jones, can you take over please?  I need to leave the Bridge" he said.

=/\= Conwell to Kirok. In ten minutes, I will be extending temporal shielding around the Shran from the Nemesis. Need about one hour to bring primary power back to Nemesis, herself. =/\=
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 12:55:43 am by Justin Conwell »

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2017, 02:38:12 am »
[bridge]
The red alert was sounding all around the bridge. Ensign Jor Garan stood near T'Ra and asked to his superior officer: " How can I help?" emotionally feeling the sense of imminent danger.

[Bridge]

Kirok's head swiveled as if on a stick toward the singing doctor.  If looks could kill, Doctor Buehler would have been vaporized on the spot.  Luckily though, the half Vulcan did not posses such abilities.

[Bridge]

Evan just about jumped out of his skin when the CO turned on him, his cold, black eyes boring through him like bullets. He had spent more than enough time around Vulcans to know when they were angry. But this was something more, almost murderous in nature. God help me if T'Ra ever looks at me like this, Evan thought to himself, beginning to feel that he was more likely to die at a Vulcan's hands than as a result of Sloan. He stood still as a statue as Kirok entered the required authorization code, waiting until he turned away to look down at the padd.

"Oh, scheiße,"Evan muttered. The CO was not going to like this, and Evan prayed to God that Kirok would not shoot the messenger for it. The information read as follows: Luther Sloan (deceased); survived by two children (one male, one female). The prisoner could be none other than Sloan's son. Evan glanced over at T'Ra, who was moving to assume a position in the center of the bridge, as if to say, 'What the hell has he dragged us into?' But he couldn't delay, chasing after the brooding Vulcan with a call of, "Sir!"

T'Ra took the conn for the first time since her days aboard the Getty, a situation that felt both familiar and unusual at the same time. She took a brief moment to analyze the situation, tuning out the the flashing red and klaxons clamoring for immediate action. Kirok had left the bridge, Evan scampering after him seemingly terrified. There was no time for her to dwell on this, and she could only trust that the two men would be able to settle things.

"Ms. Jaeger," T'Ra called out, her voice level in spite of the current atmosphere, "set course to follow the warp trail, maximum speed. Mr. Harmon should have the coordinates all ready for you." As she waited for the young flight lieutenant to implement this, she turned back to the new science officer. "I need you to work in conjunction with Mr. Conley and Harmon to locate Sloan's ship. It's highly probable to be cloaked."

-Evan Buehler

Offline James A. Hawke

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • James A. Hawke
  • Three year award Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded to any commanding officer who takes command of two or more starships. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2017, 03:18:06 am »
"Besides knowing you don't belong in this time line, Sloan is about to attack the Shran in one final assault that will if events go like before, end with the destruction of the Shran." Justin replied hoping to get the Commander attention. He actually didn't expect Sloan to attack this quickly after showing up but that time ship he had would overwhelm even the Nemesis right now.

"As of this moment, due to battle damage, I can't help defend the Shran against Sloan and his stolen timeship. They made sure of it before our rescue in 2735 which reminds me," Justin said as he tapped his commbadge. =/\= Conwell to Engineering, 'S'Saavik tell me you have the reactors online. If not can we extend temporal shielding around the Shran with current power.' =/\=

=/\= Second options better grandson. Stablization of the quantum matrix won't be finished for another hour at minimal. Engineering out! =/\=

He started cursing in old Katrolesse in just about everything. Turning back to Hawke, "Three things you should know. One, I'm not technically a Lieutenant Commander. I'm a Temporal Agent operating out of the Thirty-Second Century. Two, I have a former Starfleet Fleet Admiral of this time working on getting the triplet reactors realigned and three, unless we want Temporal Shielding to survive the initial assault, I need some help.

I will tell you two things though. One, Sloan spy is on the bridge currently and two, the prisoner has a relationship to Sloan.

Besides all this, I have very limited time left before I ceased to exist if the future keeps dissolving. This is my final mission of this era, regardless."

=/\= Conwell to Kirok. In ten minutes, I will be extending temporal shielding around the Shran from the Nemesis. Need about one hour to bring primary power back to Nemesis, herself. =/\=

James stood silent for a second as he looked at Conwell.  The man just told a deep truth about him.  That he was not from this time.  He was not from this universe.  He played god, and this was his punishment.  In a way, he was alone in the Universe in a parallel timeline.

Hawke believed that he did believe that he did enough to hide the truth.  He took himself and send him to the past parallel universe and therefore keeping his timeline intact.  He did a sacrifice so he would not repeat the same mistakes of the past.

"Alright, let's say you are saying the Truth.   And you are a Temporal Agent and you know about what I did.  Then why not arrest me? "  James asked

He walked up to the control and noticed that the Shran was under attack.  This was not the time to have a philosophical discussion about the timeline and what he did.    James then commented "ok, then if the Shran gets destroyed what mistake did I do thisAll of our power to extend the Temporal Shielding, we can use the power of the Shran if I get access to both your shield I can try and configure the Shran's Shield to match the Nemesis

Click on the Badge to see bio

Offline Justin Conwell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • CEO, USS Delphia A
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2017, 03:37:17 am »
James stood silent for a second as he looked at Conwell.  The man just told a deep truth about him.  That he was not from this time.  He was not from this universe.  He played god, and this was his punishment.  In a way, he was alone in the Universe in a parallel timeline.

Hawke believed that he did believe that he did enough to hide the truth.  He took himself and send him to the past parallel universe and therefore keeping his timeline intact.  He did a sacrifice so he would not repeat the same mistakes of the past.

"Alright, let's say you are saying the Truth.   And you are a Temporal Agent and you know about what I did.  Then why not arrest me? "  James asked

He walked up to the control and noticed that the Shran was under attack.  This was not the time to have a philosophical discussion about the timeline and what he did.    James then commented "ok, then if the Shran gets destroyed what mistake did I do thisAll of our power to extend the Temporal Shielding, we can use the power of the Shran if I get access to both your shield I can try and configure the Shran's Shield to match the Nemesis

"I'm not going to for two simple facts. One my faction I am with doesn't want to work with the TIC after certain events that are occuring right now. Well the governing faction of the TIC. The second is, you prevented that parellal timeline from occurring and the TIC doesn't see you as a major threat to Temporal Security unlike someone else I won't name who has a stolen timeship and causing mayhem across time and space at this very moment." He replied before bring up the shield configuration on the console he was at. The technology was similar in design but the power output needed would likely not be generated by the Shran to fully powered the shields at max effiencies based on what he knew.

"You didn't actually make a mistake. Sloan was just sneaky in doing a surprised assault but I would recommend scrambling the command codes so he can't manually lower shields from his shield. By now he has those codes and his spy is in place on the bridge to help. There is a way to track his timeship while cloaked. Follow not only the warp trail but the quantume displacement or quantum distortions. If Qantum Distortions start appearing, it means he's manipulating time. Displacement he's in Quantum Slipstream.

No, I feel when Sloan is taken care of, I will be returning to my time. My mission here in the past is really almost over." He replied before turning to Hawke.

"These are the schematics but the Shran might not have enough power to fully use the shields at 100% effiency. At mostly, they will handle anywhere between 75-85% efficiency due to power regulations.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles