Adventures in Dating (T'Prina's NPC Only)

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, March 31, 2017, 08:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Chez Joyeux]

Stafford hadn't been this nervous the last time he'd been in hand to hand combat.

It was a foreign concept to him, dating. He had no luck with women. Instead, his life was focused on his duty and his downtime. He could still work for twelve hours, grab a beer with some other officers or even an enlisted man at Truffle's, and be happy. When he was not socializing he was researching something that interested him, taking a stroll, or any number of other things that left him feeling fulfilled. He had not been with a woman for many a year and he was the better off for it.

Hesitantly, after casting a very un-captain like look around the French restaurant, he pulled a PADD from his pocket and read the message for the umpteenth time:

To: Captain Stafford, SB Columbus

CPT. Stafford,

I know how dead set you are against dating, but I believe I have met the perfect woman for you. She's going to be on the Columbus this week, and I have made reservations for you on the night of her arrival at 1945 hours. Chez Joyeux. It's a little fancy for an old country boy like you, but it is the best restaurant on the station. You'll know her when you see her.

By the way, my wives and the rest of my family are looking forward to your visit to Denobula, when your schedule allows. You will be welcomed with all of the hospitality and friendship that you have given me over the years.

Ta, ta, Doctor Luke!

-Tovox

His palms were sweaty when he fumbled the PADD back into his pocket. He was wearing a light material brown suit, slightly open at the chest, with a muted gold cloth belt encircling his narrow waist. For the first time in a long time, he worried how he looked. Did he look handsome, appealing to a woman? Thoughts swirled around his head, each one more anxious than the last.

You'll know her when you see her. What was that supposed to mean?

T'Prina

[posting as Rixxy]

[Chez Joyeux]

Rixxy sat at the delicately appointed table in the posh human restaurant and felt singularly out of place. She had tried to dress to the occasion, but her wardrobe was rather short on trendy finery. Her next run in with her friendly Denobulan doctor wouldn't be fun for him. Particularly if this went the way of the setup with the Bolian diplomat. He'd been all hands and no diplomacy and had been lucky to limp away with those hands still attached.

The Klingon hazardously clinked the ice cubes in the fine crystal waterglass. Patience was not one of her few virtues. Hopefully this would be over soon and she could get real food and drinks at one of the bars on the Promenade. One more disastrous date, and she'd go join a Bajoran cloister or something. She snorted, not a very delicate sound, but the thought was so absurd, she couldn't help it.

At your smallest components, you are indistinguishable from a forest fire.
Bio

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Chez Joyeux]

At the sight of the strapping Klingon woman Stafford kept his face neutral. This had Tovox's fingerprints all over it. He had always had different...tastes than his own. The two doctors had bonded over their appreciation of fine food, women, and dining. They were quite a raucous pair of playboys in the past, but those days were behind Stafford. The Klingon beauty was just the kind of female that Tovox had always wanted: strong features, a determined, charismatic demeanor. And right now, despite her stern face, she appeared just as anxious as he was.

He made his way over to her, cursing the cane and limp that hindered his mobility. She'd think he was weak, but it would be rude to stand her up. And Stafford would never hear the end of it from Tovox.

"Hello there," the captain said, putting on his best smile, the one that lit up his lined face. "I believe Tovox has arranged for us to meet here. I'm Luke Stafford."

T'Prina

[Chez Joyeux]

The Klingon stood up and grasped his hand firmly. He was a bit thin, but she had to admit he had pretty manners. Perhaps it wouldn't be a total waste of time.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Luke Stafford. I'd wager I've heard a bit more about you, than you know about me." She graced him with a brilliant smile, a glint of mischief in her chocolatey brown eyes. "You can call me Rixxy. Going into my whole familial lineage on the first date seems a bit excessive to me. Let's just see where it goes from here."

Rixxy sat down and her bionic leg clanked loudly against the table leg. She winced at her lack of grace. So much for first impressions. Eyes were drawn to their table at the loud interruption, and a stern eyed waiter stalked off with a glare.

"Well, eh... Should we see what passes for food in this place?" She tried to downplay the flush of embarrassment she felt with humor. Hopefully, he wasn't the uptight sort.

Bio

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Chez Joyeux]

Stafford heard what sounded like metal scraping beneath the table. The Klingon suddenly looked uncomfortable. The captain decided not to remark upon it. He didn't know her, and while he did not mind talking about his own injury she might talking about hers. He resolved to enjoy the evening no matter what surprises she threw at him.

"And please call me 'Luke'," He said, smiling. "It's nice to socialize with someone who is not under my command for once. All of the formality can be a bit draining."

At the mention of food his skinny belly gave a long, protracted growl of anticipation. It almost sounded like a Klingon war cry. He snatched up his menu and covered his face so she wouldn't see his blush.

"This is not the restaurant I would have picked," He admitted to her, lowering the old fashioned menu so he could look her in the eye. "Tovox has different taste than I. But I do speak a bit of French and I'm not unfamiliar with the cuisine. I'm not a fan of eels or snails but...you might be, they're very fresh and flavorful."

T'Prina

[Chez Joyeux]

Rixxy set down her menu and decided to level with Stafford. She wasn't entirely unfamiliar with the cuisine, but she found it pretentious and unsatisfying.

"We could do that. Or we could go somewhere you actually like, with real food. I do not understand the custom of dainty servings with delicate place settings. Is not the purpose of eating to satisfy one's hunger? Not limp snails eaten with a fork that looks like a toothpick." Her voice rose as she expounded her point, clearly food was a passionate topic for her.

She certainly drew looks that ranged from amused to murderously annoyed. It was the same surly waiter from earlier, now openly staring daggers. If she were a different sort of Klingon, honor would demand a challenge. As it was, she was in no mood to waste her date night on on limp wristed waiter with an attitude. She gave him a cheeky wink and smile, just to add to his irritation. Turning the full focus of her smile back on Stafford, she intoned, "I'd say we humored the good doctor long enough. What d'ya say we go have some fun, Luke?"

Bio

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Chez Joyeux]

Stafford's eyes lit up at her suggestion. This place was suffocating him and he was very glad to hear that she felt the same. Though, with her, it was more of a jocular suggestion than an admission of being uncomfortable. Klingons were like that.

The waiter was just coming by with a complimentary basket of bread and a carafe of water. Smoothly, Stafford pressed a few slips of latinum onto the tray.

"The lady and I will be dining autre part tonight. Please bring our food there." The captain said.

The waiter, not human, not knowing French, snatched up the gold and nodded. He headed off, probably to ask the kitchen staff what "autre part" meant.

"Let's go, the owner goes crazy on people who skip out on their tables or don't tip," Stafford briskly exited the restaurant, out onto the riotous noise of the Promenade.

[Promenade]

Stafford had forgotten that a Klingon acting troupe was visitng the station. Apparently a stellar performance had just let out. The Promenade was mobbed with drunk, swaggering Klingons and theater goers.

"Where to?" The captain yelled over the noise of drunken Klingons.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.