Author Topic: USS Challenger (NCC-40117)  (Read 2767 times)

Offline Constance Lafayette

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • I love the smell of paperwork in the morning.
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
USS Challenger (NCC-40117)
« on: March 24, 2017, 01:01:52 am »
You spoke and we listened- your next SIMM will be the USS Challenger (NCC-40117).
The crew of her maiden mission on this site will be:

Commanding Officer: William Waring
Executive Officer: Dylan Torngate
Second Officer: Alexander Wu
Flight Control: Taylor Stark & Lena Atwood
Sec/Tac: L.K Reede & Safefta Pardek
Engineering: Alex Campbell
Operations: Alexander Wu
Science: Sevoc & Jettis Jyur
Medical: Zex

These transfers, along with the following other transfer orders, will be effective April 1st (no joke) so things can get underway March 30th. If you are being transferred and need a few days to wrap up a mission or plot point, please take your time but make sure you join in on your new ship's April mission!

Other Transfers
  • D'Vid is transferring to the USS Athena's engineering department.
  • Hanna Peters is transferring to the USS Athena's medical department.
  • Hust Kinun is transferring to the USS Shran's operations department (as a JAG officer).

If there are any issues regarding your transfer or if you'd like to be transferred- shoot your PM a message and we will do our best, as always, to accommodate you.

This is going to be a lot of fun folks, can't wait to see the launch of our SIXTH SIMM in the fleet!

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Who made this guy an Admiral?
  • Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: USS Challenger (NCC-40117)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 01:05:21 am »
WHOHOO!
Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 01:08:09 am »
WW!

Offline William Waring

• RESERVED
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • RESERVED
  • Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 01:13:02 am »
WOO! Coffee for everyone!
RESERVED

Offline Constance Lafayette

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • I love the smell of paperwork in the morning.
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 01:13:50 am »

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

Offline Jettis Jyur

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • Just this once, Rose, Everybody lives!
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to members who have contributed to the site by creating missions within the past 6 months. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 01:14:42 am »
YAY! New Simms are always the best  :P

Offline Kinley Garrison

• The Cheezit Thief
  • Command Level Officer
  • Honoured Member
  • Shenanigans ensueth.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 02:06:08 am »
Yay! New SIMM!
We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Offline Leonard T. Scott

• Flight Control Instructor
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • May fortune favor the foolish
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 04:12:02 am »
Huzzah!

Athena Second Officer. Feel free to message me if have any issues that need addressing.
Flight Control Instructor
"Keyboard. How quaint." - Captain Montgomery Scott

Offline Sevoc

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • That is most illogical...
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to the new arrival who displays the most effort and ability.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 04:12:37 am »
It will be an honor to serve on this ship

So that would make me a blue-blooded hobgoblin?
Alt for Leo

Offline D'Vid

• Deceased/Retired
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Parent account is D'Vid to contact me. Thanks

Offline D'Vid

• Deceased/Retired
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 04:26:04 am »
Really spreading the El-Aurians around now. LOL

Parent account is D'Vid to contact me. Thanks

Offline William Waring

• RESERVED
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • RESERVED
  • Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 04:37:18 am »
I was never good with serious 'speeches' but nevertheless I have some words to the Crew of the Tempest, My new Command Staff and the Challenger itself.

To the Crew of the Tempest
With my tenure as Executive Officer onboard the Tempest coming to a close I have to thank the people who make it all happen. The CO and XO might guide the missions but it's the Crew who makes the mission come alive. I find myself constantly waiting to see what will happen next because of the tremendous posts I see on the Tempest. You're all great!

Torngate and Wu
As with most Fleeters the writing style is unique to the character you portray. Both Dylan and Alex have characters that I believe will be great for the mission that the Challenger will be undertaking with Dylan's Engineer background for Away Missions and Alex's role as the ships JAG for First Contacts, I see the potential for some Grade A missions!

The Challenger
Last but not least is the ship itself. When the voting closed on the ship name the winner was Challenger. This name didn't sit well with those who remember that day as clear as the day it happened. While I understand this, the will of the site couldn't not be ignored.

However, in honor of those who were on Shuttle Challenger, the shuttles on our Challenger will be name after those astronauts. I also promise to make sure that this newest SIMM is something that those astronauts would be proud to see the name Challenger on. I will do what I can to ensure this isn't just a name but rather a place for those who didn't witness the incident, to come and honor those. I feel it is the least I could do.
RESERVED

Offline Race Warez

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2017, 01:44:42 pm »
Wow! I like coffee. (Have some now.) Have fun kids.

And the idea of naming the shuttles after the Challenger lost crew is wonderful. Kudos!
[

Offline Lennox Ainsley

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Failing means you're playing.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2017, 01:05:44 am »
Sounds pretty awesome !! Have fun you guys :D

"Corvis oculum corvi non eruit."

Offline Lena Atwood

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2017, 10:56:51 pm »
I cannot wait!
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.— Leonardo Da Vinci

Sir Lena of House Atwood, Grand Marshall of Hospitality

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles