Captain's Address

Started by Constance Lafayette, March 16, 2017, 09:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Constance Lafayette

CAPTAIN'S ADDRESS

"Hello and welcome to the USS Athena-A. I am Captain Constance Lafayette, the Commanding Officer of this vessel. This is an exceptional ship and an even more impressive crew. I wanted to take an opportunity to speak frankly; to set some expectations that will help the ship run easier, to make some promises to you, and hopefully alleviate any fears you have."
Captain's Orders:
  • You can always send myself, our First Officer James Carter, or our Ship Representative (who represents the crew to site management) a PM regarding ANYTHING.
  • If you are stuck in a mission, do not feel involved, or need a recap- please message us. It would be our pleasure to help you get involved.
  • If you are not sure about something- message us.
  • If it makes the story more interesting- do it.
  • If you have an idea for something in the mission- message us. We are always looking for cool new ideas.
  • If you have an idea for a mission- message us.
  • I, and my entire command staff, am here to serve you. If you are not having fun- we didn't do our job right.
  • If you have a problem with another member (even if it's minor), let us know. We can't fix what we don't know about.
  • If I muck up, insult you, or do something wrong- tell me. If you don't feel comfortable telling me- tell the Ship Represenative. They will talk to Admiral Kirok or, possibly, me. You can report this anonymously.
  • If something feels wrong, let us know ("Shouldn't I be an Lt. by now?")
  • I am human and I will make mistakes. However, I vow to you that will correct that mistake to the best of my ability in the most meaningful way possible. I cannot always guarantee you will be 100% satisfied but I will do all I can for you. This goes for my Command Staff as well.
  • I promise to advocate for you on this site. If you are in the right and always put your best foot forward, I will always be on your side. This goes for my Command Staff as well.
  • We will always give you the benefit of the doubt.
  • I promise to treat and involve all characters fairly and equally regardless of rank, department, posting, etc.
  • I promise to let you know if you did something wrong. We can only learn from what we are told.
  • On this ship, we are accepting of all lifestyles.
  • If you have any topics you are particularly sensitive to- I expect you to let us know and we will make all efforts to have them avoided.
  • Running a SIMM takes a lot of personal time. There may be times when I am unavailable or cannot act as quickly as you like. For this, I apologize in advance and ask for your understanding.
  • You are expected to treat all members of the crew, regardless or rank or position, with respect. They, in turn, are expected to treat you the same way.
  • This is a place to have fun. If anyone harasses you or if a topic delves into an area you are not comfortable with- let us know.
  • I promise I will have as much fun as you are having.

Remember:
    "A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link."
    And, above all- have fun guys!
    -Captain Constance Lafayette

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.