A real life Voyager story... anyone interested?

Started by Kyan Mackenzie, March 07, 2017, 09:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyan Mackenzie

First step, let's have a list of all who wish to participate. I'll edit it as we go.

Kyan Mackenzie
Albus Marvel
Lizzie Vaughn
Rhymus Cleroux
Dylan Torngate

If there be anyone else, simply reply here and I'll add you!

Kyan Mackenzie

Tekin Nevir

Bonnie Moors

Is this an idea for a special SIMM event like the SS Falcon and the NX Lexington?

Click on my Sig to read my bio!

Lizzie Vaughan

Quote from: Bonnie Moors on December 04, 2017, 12:04:08 PM

Is this an idea for a special SIMM event like the SS Falcon and the NX Lexington?

Similar except it is more of a flotilla of ships stranded in the Delta Quadrent

Bio: Lizzie Vaughan Bio
Academy Medical Instructor
In Memorium.

Christian Grix

Bonnie Moors

Click on my Sig to read my bio!

Kyan Mackenzie

Here is a synopsis of the idea from the first post.

Quote from: Kyan Mackenzie on March 07, 2017, 09:13:30 PM

Ok, so we've all seen Voyager. Some of us liked it... some of us didn't. What I want to know is if anyone is interested in doing a Voyager reboot story... which of course would take place on a different ship with our own characters. Here is the concept.

We combine elements of the following

-DS9 episode "Valiant"
- Star Trek Voyager
- [reboot] Battlestar Galactica

to create our own story. The basic backstory is thus...

- There exists an anomaly that pulls in random ships every so often. [ X years between cycles] These ships come from different times, but arrive at the same moment. So at once you'll have ships from all eras and locations pulled into one place. Could have an NX Class pulled in at the same time as a Klingon Negh Var Class ship, or a Vulcan ship from 300 years ago, or a very early Earth ship... or whatever we choose. Some of the ships are badly damaged by the trip and unsalvageable, but there are some people alive aboard them. So we would then have all these various people together in one place and have to put together a crew, and find [or scrounge together] our ship from parts. Then we go about our lives in this new area, or try to get home.... wherever that is.

Anyhow, if anyone is interested... let's brainstorm and see what we can come up with. We can run the pilot mission on the holodeck here and see where it goes!

Dylan Torngate

We had also stated, the more advanced the ship technology wise, the worse off the ship was damage wise.

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Albus Marvel

Right, that way we all start on a somewhat level playing field. Also, I think it'd be helpful if everyone chose or shared a specialty, like "best at science," "best a combat," "best negotiators," etc., so that everyone gets a chance to shine and no one worries about one ship claiming to be the best at everything, not that anyone would do that.

"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything." --Plato

James A. Hawke

I would be interested if I have the time to bring up the Excalibur from the Borg Mission and from the future.

Click on the Badge to see bio

Albus Marvel

Still standing by with a Klingon Bird-of-Prey and a manual to guide her by.

"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything." --Plato

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: James A. Hawke on December 04, 2017, 03:46:43 PM

I would be interested if I have the time to bring up the Excalibur from the Borg Mission and from the future.

If she's in I'd love to pick up Alex the Borg, if you'd want.

And you know my NX ship is raring to go.

Shadow Fleet

Rayek trLhoell

Oh I nearly missed this opportunity.  Me too!

Though is this supposed to replace our current game or be a side- line?  Or could we use an alternate?  Not sure when i'm Allowed an alternate..  need to check that.

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Rayek tr'Lhoell on December 04, 2017, 05:17:20 PM

Oh I nearly missed this opportunity.  Me too!

Though is this supposed to replace our current game or be a side- line?  Or could we use an alternate?  Not sure when i'm Allowed an alternate..  need to check that.

A) No. Nothing ever takes priority over main simm missions.
B) You can use your own characters, made up characters, or alternates.
C) Well that's a thing for another time.

Shadow Fleet

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.