2018 January Awards Poll

Started by Kirok, December 14, 2017, 07:57:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirok

Fleeters,

The 2018 January Award Ceremonies are just around the corned.

So the CLOs are currently in the process of figuring out who should get which awards.

Here are some of the awards to be given out:

Quote from: Chris Newberry on May 16, 2016, 10:10:41 PM

Player Achievement Awards

Service Ribbons

Service ribbons are presented automatically by the commanding officer of a SIMM. They are usually awarded at the next awards ceremony and will always be backdated to the appropriate date.

6 Month Service Ribbon
Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
1 Year Service Ribbon
Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for one year.
2 Year Service Ribbon
Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for two years.
3 Year Service Ribbon
Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for three years.
5 Year Service Ribbon
Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for five years.
Long Service Ribbon
Awarded to players on completion of ten years service. This ribbon is also accompanied by a Long Service Certificate of Appreciation.
OTC/EPC Graduate Ribbon
Awarded to all enlisted players upon graduation from the Enlisted Persons Course.
Meritorious Service Ribbon
Awarded to players upon promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer.
As you can see, we currently do not have an award for the 4th year, 6th year, 7th year, 8th year, or 9th year.

But we do have players who would be receiving some (4th, 6th, 8th) of them if we currently had them.  And next year they would get the 7th and 9th year badges.

Personally, I would like to get the 4th year badge I have already earned.  And I would like to receive a 6 year badge when I become eligible on my anniversary date next May.  And the 7-9 year badges each year after that.

And I would like to have to have the opportunity to give them out to you as well.

It does require a bit of work on our end.  We have to find images and add them to the bucket.

But the question is, would you like to receive those badges after you have earned them?

Please vote yes if so.
Vote no if not.

Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Fala Awen

Personally, I feel that adding in a lot of extra service awards waters down the importance of actual milestones, such as 5 and 10 year. In my mind, it makes them mean less. I'd be more excited/happy about getting one of the other awards that relates to my posting rather than something like this.

Additionally, the service awards already mean a bit less because they are based *solely* on the date your account was created, rather than how long you've actually served in the fleet.

For instance...I could have signed up when the Fleet started, simmed for a week, quit....and then return today and BOOM, I get a 10 year service award. How does that make sense? I didn't contribute to the community or do anything to actually deserve a 10 year award, but I get it anyway. If you were someone who had been here (actively simming) for 10 years and then saw someone who only simmed here for a week get one, how would that make you feel?

*If* we were going to add any awards, I'd rather see awards aimed at quality or other unique things that deal with my actual simming/writing abilities rather than arbitrary "time served" awards (especially since those really just "account age" awards rather than time served).

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

Solluk

People value recognition more than money, if various studies on the matter are to be believed.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/mind-the-manager/201306/new-employee-study-shows-recognition-matters-more-money

I think it stems from a biological imperative that we seek to be well regarded by our peers as a means to gain status.

But I must second this sentiment: "I'd rather see awards aimed at quality or other unique things that deal with my actual simming/writing abilities rather than arbitrary "time served" awards"

It is a fine thing to have been around for a long time.  Seniority does matter, and it's nice to be able to say, "I was here when" or "I've been here since..."

However, awards granted for writing quality, or participation in a notable event, or contributions to a site or sim, or excellence in a role, or recognition as an outstanding member of a team... those are the most precious.

Cheers!

My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Kyle Bytes

Quote from: Kirok on December 14, 2017, 07:57:04 AM

Fleeters,

The 2018 January Award Ceremonies are just around the corned.

So the CLOs are currently in the process of figuring out who should get which awards.

Here are some of the awards to be given out:

As you can see, we currently do not have an award for the 4th year, 6th year, 7th year, 8th year, or 9th year.

But we do have players who would be receiving some (4th, 6th, 8th) of them if we currently had them.  And next year they would get the 7th and 9th year badges.

Personally, I would like to get the 4th year badge I have already earned.  And I would like to receive a 6 year badge when I become eligible on my anniversary date next May.  And the 7-9 year badges each year after that.

And I would like to have to have the opportunity to give them out to you as well.

It does require a bit of work on our end.  We have to find images and add them to the bucket.

But the question is, would you like to receive those badges after you have earned them?

Please vote yes if so.
Vote no if not.

Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays,

Kirok

How about this for a suggestion is to have a additional add on to the banner to the ID or under it. Showing the badges or a symbols to show how many years the player had served.

Cause personally when I work or put more effort in my work like I had been doing. I do it cause I enjoy it. My pride is my award.

Example: I actually a temp and I put the extra hours in. I put more hours in the regular worker. I work many hours as the managers there. I volunteer to go around to clean up areas people seem not to care for. I won't feel happy until I know it's done. What I see is my work. I don't expect a pat on my back. I get my own award by seeing my work.

My goal is to be outstanding so they want to hire me. I am even one of the top pickers too. But I just smile at my work when I do have good days and when it is bad. I beat myself up but I don't go along heading everyone complain. I keep it to myself and I find complaining does not justice.

Good grief I just shared a piece of my character too you in my life. Lol

Kirok

Quote from: Kyle Bytes on December 15, 2017, 06:27:13 PM

How about this for a suggestion is to have a additional add on to the banner to the ID or under it. Showing the badges or a symbols to show how many years the player had served.

Cause personally when I work or put more effort in my work like I had been doing. I do it cause I enjoy it. My pride is my award.

Example: I actually a temp and I put the extra hours in. I put more hours in the regular worker. I work many hours as the managers there. I volunteer to go around to clean up areas people seem not to care for. I won't feel happy until I know it's done. What I see is my work. I don't expect a pat on my back. I get my own award by seeing my work.

My goal is to be outstanding so they want to hire me. I am even one of the top pickers too. But I just smile at my work when I do have good days and when it is bad. I beat myself up but I don't go along heading everyone complain. I keep it to myself and I find complaining does not justice.

Good grief I just shared a piece of my character too you in my life. Lol

Kyle,

That is indeed an interesting suggestion.

I know we current show number of stars based on post counts.

But I think the max that is ever shown are 5.

So we may be stuck with badges for now.

But thanks for the idea!

Sincerely,

Kiork

Kirok

Sorry for the double post.

Just a reminder, this poll ends on December 19, 2017, 07:57:04 AM EST.

So if you have not cast your vote and still wish to, pleas do so between now and then.

Kirok

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.