A real life Voyager story... anyone interested?

Started by Kyan Mackenzie, March 07, 2017, 09:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyan Mackenzie

Ok, so we've all seen Voyager. Some of us liked it... some of us didn't. What I want to know is if anyone is interested in doing a Voyager reboot story... which of course would take place on a different ship with our own characters. Here is the concept.

We combine elements of the following

-DS9 episode "Valiant"
- Star Trek Voyager
- [reboot] Battlestar Galactica

to create our own story. The basic backstory is thus...

- There exists an anomaly that pulls in random ships every so often. [ X years between cycles] These ships come from different times, but arrive at the same moment. So at once you'll have ships from all eras and locations pulled into one place. Could have an NX Class pulled in at the same time as a Klingon Negh Var Class ship, or a Vulcan ship from 300 years ago, or a very early Earth ship... or whatever we choose. Some of the ships are badly damaged by the trip and unsalvageable, but there are some people alive aboard them. So we would then have all these various people together in one place and have to put together a crew, and find [or scrounge together] our ship from parts. Then we go about our lives in this new area, or try to get home.... wherever that is.

Anyhow, if anyone is interested... let's brainstorm and see what we can come up with. We can run the pilot mission on the holodeck here and see where it goes!

Alex Campbell

Mmmm Reboot BSG.

It depends on what kind of hopelessness story you want.

Dylan Torngate

I would be game :D

Maybe drag in any of my other characters or special mission characters

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Solluk

Hello,

This is a very good idea, and I would be game if it was done for real.   Perhaps it could be a year-long story arc where each 'mission' involved a different month in the year.

And if you wanted to be especially bold, each player could be not merely one member of a ship, but rather the commanding officer of a different ship.  So each player would represent one member of your flotilla of lost ships.

I don't know if Shadow Fleet is interested in running with such a bold concept, but it seems like it could be very entertaining if you decided to move forward with it.

My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Solluk

I just thought of an additional complication.

When passing through the anomaly, there is a gravitational refraction effect that causes ships with more mass to experience more buffeting and damage than ships with less mass.

Hence, the largest, most advanced, and capable ships would receive the most crippling damage.   Meanwhile, older, smaller, less advanced vessels would go through relatively unscathed.

This would force the best ships to rely more heavily on the worst ships until they could make sufficient repairs.

Kyan Mackenzie

I like this idea. Shall we start combing canon for ships that went missing with no explanation?

Solluk

Sure.  I'll look into it tonight.

But we should see if the Admiralty is interested in this idea before we run it down too hard, no?

Ser Conley

I like the sound of this. Count me in.  We should figure out who doing this and why. 

"May you live as long as you want to, and want to as long as you live."-Irish toast

Kyan Mackenzie

Sollul, we are gonna start it on the holodeck, so if it is a one off then thereis nothing to do logistically.

D'Vid

Parent account is D'Vid to contact me. Thanks

Solluk

My research thus far has revealed the following craft:

USS Hera NCC-62006 Nebula Class  Declared lost - No disposition in canon.

USS Maryland  NCC-45109 Renaissance Class Declared Missing - No disposition in canon.  Presumed destroyed by the Dominion.

USS Proxima NCC-61952 Nebula Class Declared Missing - No disposition in canon.  Presumed destroyed by the Dominion.

USS Cortez Unknown type and registry reported missing while patrolling the Cardassian border, presumed to have been destroyed by a squadron of Jem'Hadar fighters.

Dylan Torngate

Nx-02 Columbia

Lost all hands never recovered

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Ser Conley

I like to suggest a romulan warbird and a cardassian ship into the mix. 

"May you live as long as you want to, and want to as long as you live."-Irish toast

Kinley Garrison

This sounds awesome! I'd be game to doing it!

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Leonard T. Scott

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on March 08, 2017, 04:25:50 AM

Nx-02 Columbia

Lost all hands never recovered

What about the NX-326 Franklin? It's still missing in our timeline ;-)

Athena Second Officer. Feel free to message me if have any issues that need addressing.
Flight Control Instructor
"Keyboard. How quaint." - Captain Montgomery Scott

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.