Author Topic: Personal Log - Alex Campbell  (Read 673 times)

Offline Alex Campbell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Tennessee is going to the Final Four
  • Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Personal Log - Alex Campbell
« on: March 04, 2017, 07:37:45 pm »
[Personal Quarters of Ensigns Alexander Campbell and Michael Cooper]

Alex looked around the cramped bunk room reserved for junior officers. It wasn't much different from the room he got used to during his time at the academy, with the largest difference being the lack of a more noticeable roommate. With the way the watch system turned out, Ensign Cooper was generally on his shift while Alex was sleeping and vice versa.

Alex sat down next to the computer on the opposite side of the bunks.
"Computer, begin personal log..." as Alex began speaking his command, the computer sparked to life with the familiar yellow of the updated LCARs operating system. Every word Alex spoke scribbled themselves onto the screen as blue font against an otherwise bleak, black background.

"...I never thought I would receive a posting on a Galaxy-class starship, especially considering my rather spotty record at the academy" Alex said in an almost robotic timbre, regretfully calling back his string of failures during his academic career.

"Nevertheless, I have already begun to make a few...acquaintances in the engine room..." Alex trailed off the end of his otherwise monotone dialogue to look over at a picture sitting on his desk, waiting to be placed on the wall. The pictured showed 3 bright-eyed men dressed in Starfleet Academy uniforms, with the one on the left being Alex himself.

"I always did have trouble making even acquaintances though, didn't I" Alex quietly thought out loud, his voice showing much more life than before.

After a few seconds of deafening silence, Alex turned back to the computer and began speaking in his previous drab tone
"I have been assigned to work with Lieutenant Junior Grade Kovar, who I would almost call displeased if it wasn't for his Vulcan nature" Alex stopped talking almost immediately and let out a short sigh of contempt. His record at the academy left the Chief Engineer and his immediate superior with the impression that he was less than capable of being anything more than a mediocre Starfleet Officer.

"I will prove him wrong. Hell, I might be able to run that engine room better than he can" Alex let out a short chuckle and stared straight at the ceiling. He was rambling again, and it was time to stop.

With a short, to the point "End log" Alex got up and began hanging his picture from the academy on the wall.
He looked at the picture with a smile. Perhaps being on the field will be less brutal than the training to get there.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles