Personal Log: Riley T. Munro

Started by Riley T. Munro, February 24, 2017, 11:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riley T. Munro

=/\= Personal Log Entry : Lt. Commander Riley T. Munro =/\=

Computer, continue recording until instructed otherwise.

It's our first week on the USS Discovery again, and as strange as it is for me, I can only imagine just how hard this is for Scott, seeing as this is his old command. We've settled into our quarters, and are adjusting to the new functionality of our space. Having been out of the Starfleet life for the past few years, and rather in civilian life, where the rules aren't so... well, Starfleet.

Scott... what are you... no... stop....

*Huge calamity of noise*

Computer, stop recording.

Riley T. Munro

Hello computer,

Today is a good day. Scott's commission was reinstated, yeah, looks like you can take the boy from Starfleet but can't take the Starfleet out of the boy. Civilian life was nice but it just wasn't right. Don't think either of us would ever have done well long term there. Had a good look at my engines today, and with a few tweaks here and there, it should be purring. I can still hear my academy instructor telling me that "a well taken care of ship will take you anywhere". So I have a few things that need sorting down there before I say this ship is back to her old self.

Must still be getting used to the environmental controls here on then Discovry, my insides feel someone off. Aches and pains aren't uncommon in new environments, just wish they'd end already. No sense in taking this to our doc, seems a waste of a good hypo spray. Space is tough and I need to get back in the swing. This damn weird feeling is unsettling though. Strange indeed but ignored now.

Little more unpacking and then off for my scheduled duty. Need to meet my crew, should be awesome. Rarely are you assigned to Discovery if you are anything other than exceptional.

End log.

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Riley T. Munro on February 28, 2017, 03:58:51 PM

Hello computer,

Today is a good day. Scott's commission was reinstated, yeah, looks like you can take the boy from Starfleet but can't take the Starfleet out of the boy. Civilian life was nice but it just wasn't right. Don't think either of us would ever have done well long term there. Had a good look at my engines today, and with a few tweaks here and there, it should be purring. I can still hear my academy instructor telling me that "a well taken care of ship will take you anywhere". So I have a few things that need sorting down there before I say this ship is back to her old self.

Must still be getting used to the environmental controls here on then Discovry, my insides feel someone off. Aches and pains aren't uncommon in new environments, just wish they'd end already. No sense in taking this to our doc, seems a waste of a good hypo spray. Space is tough and I need to get back in the swing. This damn weird feeling is unsettling though. Strange indeed but ignored now.

Little more unpacking and then off for my scheduled duty. Need to meet my crew, should be awesome. Rarely are you assigned to Discovery if you are anything other than exceptional.

End log.

Scott looked at himself in the mirror. His recently shaved face making him look younger than he had in years. His reflection reminded him of his academy graduation picture, a lifetime ago.

Scott finished getting ready, putting on his uniform top, the gold undershirt contrasting with the black of the rest of it. He fastened his pips to his collar, and attached his commbadge. Scott took a moment to reflect, it had been 4 long years since he last wore the uniform. 4 long years of struggle and uncertainty, but some things could never change. He felt at ease, at home. For the first time in a long time, he recognized the person looking back at him in the mirror.

making his way to the main living area, he saw Riley sitting at the table, reading a padd. He held his arms out to the side and cleared his throat.

" So, how do i look? "

Riley T. Munro

Scott had walked in with an almost renewed sense of self in his walk. Looking up from her PADD that was caulk full of schematics she needed to reorganize, there he was, the most handsome man she had ever known. He looked younger and more alive than he had looked for quite a long while. She liked that he was embracing this new chapter with open arms.

"Marvelous darling. Absolutely marvelous." She said with a sincerity lingering on her playful notes.

Standing up to look him over more closely, she walked around him looking him up and down.

"I guess you may look like a Starfleet Officer. Welcome back Mr. Bradley." She retorted after her inspection. He always did look good in the uniform.

"But dammit, I still only come up to your chest. Some things never change."

Scott Bradley

Scott laughed at the mock inspection.

" Well, that's the idea. look the part, fake it until I make it right? "

They both shared a laugh, until Riley was in front of him, her words reflecting on the height difference between them. Scott held his hand at the top of her head, roughly at the middle of his chest.

" You know, I hear that you can can get limb extension therapy on Boslic prime for a very reasonable price these days, could be an option? "

He tried to keep a straight face, but this facade broke and he began laughing loudly.

Riley T. Munro

Quote from: Scott Bradley on March 11, 2017, 03:24:50 PM

Scott laughed at the mock inspection.

" Well, that's the idea. look the part, fake it until I make it right? "

They both shared a laugh, until Riley was in front of him, her words reflecting on the height difference between them. Scott held his hand at the top of her head, roughly at the middle of his chest.

" You know, I hear that you can can get limb extension therapy on Boslic prime for a very reasonable price these days, could be an option? "

He tried to keep a straight face, but this facade broke and he began laughing loudly.
"Oh, my poor delusional husband, you already can't handle me, more height would just be too much for you." She said mocking him after his ridiculous reply. Plus, she would not be traveling to Boslic Prime anytime in the near future if she could help it. She wasn't much of a fan.

"Faking it to make it has worked for me in the past, but being on time was always the best start... and you're late." she said in a serious sarcasm while gesturing to push him out the door.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.