Card Game (Open)

Started by James A. Hawke, February 21, 2017, 02:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James A. Hawke

OOC NOTE:  I have this site https://www.random.org/playing-cards/
This site can give you random cards if you want to play.   I am using this for mine.  You can hide them under spoiler.

IC:

[James Hawke's Quarters]

James remained seated in his chair located in the middle of his quarters.  The First Officer quarters was a little larger than most.  He had invited several of the crew in for a poker night.  James was hoping to get to know them.

His first Officer experience was different than in the war.  He had drinking games and talking to the men, but this time he wanted to get to know the crew in different perspective.  James waited as the crew wanted to show up.

He shuffled the four card decks as he waited.  He sat on his pink chair.

As he sat at his comfortable chair James said to himself "State of the art Starship...and someone wanted my seat to be pink"

He remained seated as he looked at the decorations.

Click on the Badge to see bio

Ardyn Jaeger

[James's quarters]

Ardyn walked into James's quarters with an exhausted grin. She had been helping the engineers out with a few "modifications" with the some of the impulse engines. Tired and slightly dirty from a couple of hours climbing through the Jeffries, she was ready for some off-time.   "Mornin, Boss. How are yoÁ¢â,¬"œ" " Noticing the rather bright pink armchair she couldn't help but snicker jut a little. " "Wow James. Nice chair you've got there.""

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

T'Ra Jones

[Hawke's Quarters]

Evan strolled into the first officer's quarters to find he was one of the first to arrive to this informal little gathering. He had changed out of his medical blue, opting for something a little more comfortable. In a game like this, he wanted to able to focus on his strategy. "Commander," Evan acknowledged, offering a small grin. He settled into his own chair more than content to wait until the other players arrived. It would give him time to prepare. Although he had improved markedly, he still could not pull off that smooth Vulcan mask that T'Ra seemed to manage so easily. But perhaps a little Klingon guile would suit him better here.

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

James A. Hawke

Quote from: Ardyn Jaeger on February 22, 2017, 01:11:37 AM

[James's quarters]

Ardyn walked into James's quarters with an exhausted grin. She had been helping the engineers out with a few "modifications" with the some of the impulse engines. Tired and slightly dirty from a couple of hours climbing through the Jeffries, she was ready for some off-time.   "Mornin, Boss. How are yoÁ¢â,¬"œ" " Noticing the rather bright pink armchair she couldn't help but snicker jut a little. " "Wow James. Nice chair you've got there.""

[James Quarter's]

James remained seated in his chair as he observed Ardy's entrance. She looked a little tired after her shifts.   As she came in KAmes nodded as he greeted her.  As she say he snicker he could not help but laugh at the issue too.

"Yeah, don't remind me, I need to find out the person who decided pink leather chairs were acceptable for  the First Officer"  James said.  He gave Ardy a look that could not bear to hide his dissatisfaction.  In the middle of his quarters was a poker tables and James began shufflying cards.

"Ardy...I don't think I have ever asked you if...." Before James finished his sentence he was interrupted.

He heard a chime in his door and he responded "Come in".  He lifted the finger to signal Ardy that he might come back to his question later.

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on February 23, 2017, 01:53:29 AM

[Hawke's Quarters]

Evan strolled into the first officer's quarters to find he was one of the first to arrive to this informal little gathering. He had changed out of his medical blue, opting for something a little more comfortable. In a game like this, he wanted to able to focus on his strategy. "Commander," Evan acknowledged, offering a small grin. He settled into his own chair more than content to wait until the other players arrived. It would give him time to prepare. Although he had improved markedly, he still could not pull off that smooth Vulcan mask that T'Ra seemed to manage so easily. But perhaps a little Klingon guile would suit him better here.

James noticed Evan walk into his quarters.  "Nah, it's James for now...by the way the rule is simple as long as we are in the poker table I am James, not Commander...just a guy that you can win and loose against...I hope while in this table you'll speak candidly to me"

He continued shuffling "Glad to have you both, it's a great opportunity to get to know you both, I like to get to know my crew"  James continued.  During the war he would visit as an XO the crew member and engage in compition.  Now that is a peace time he was a little loss, but he tried.

"So, have you both played Texas Hold Them'?"  He asked

Kira Wyman

Quote from: James A. Hawke on February 23, 2017, 02:18:49 AM

[James Quarter's]

James remained seated in his chair as he observed Ardy's entrance. She looked a little tired after her shifts.   As she came in KAmes nodded as he greeted her.  As she say he snicker he could not help but laugh at the issue too.

"Yeah, don't remind me, I need to find out the person who decided pink leather chairs were acceptable for  the First Officer"  James said.  He gave Ardy a look that could not bear to hide his dissatisfaction.  In the middle of his quarters was a poker tables and James began shufflying cards.

"Ardy...I don't think I have ever asked you if...." Before James finished his sentence he was interrupted.

He heard a chime in his door and he responded "Come in".  He lifted the finger to signal Ardy that he might come back to his question later.

James noticed Evan walk into his quarters.  "Nah, it's James for now...by the way the rule is simple as long as we are in the poker table I am James, not Commander...just a guy that you can win and loose against...I hope while in this table you'll speak candidly to me"

He continued shuffling "Glad to have you both, it's a great opportunity to get to know you both, I like to get to know my crew"  James continued.  During the war he would visit as an XO the crew member and engage in compition.  Now that is a peace time he was a little loss, but he tried.

Miriam's Quarters

Miriam had just got off a long shift. She had rushed back to her room, and decided she'd freshen up before she got to James' card game.

Miriam showered quickly, put on a white t-shirt and some black jeans and then made her way for James' quarters.

James' Quarters

Miriam arrived at James' office and looked at the doorbell, thinking for a moment. She knew she'd probably be late compared to everyone else. It happens to everyone I guess' Miriam thought before putting her finger onto the door bell and then pressing it gently, sounding the bell.

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

T'Ra Jones

"I must say it's a far cry from the 52 pickup I used to play as a kid," Evan laughed, leaning back in his chair with a quiet confidence, "but I think I can manage."  He hadn't played this particular game in some time, so he was eager to see how well he still grasped the basics. The door chimed, pulling him from his thoughts.

-Evan Buehler

Ardyn Jaeger

[James Quarter's]

[James's quarters]
She smirked.
Ardyn shrugged slightly. "I'm not particularly acquainted with it.   But, hey, I'm pretty game for trying anything. 

Alt of Kinley Garrison

James A. Hawke

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on February 25, 2017, 04:07:53 AM

"I must say it's a far cry from the 52 pickup I used to play as a kid," Evan laughed, leaning back in his chair with a quiet confidence, "but I think I can manage."  He hadn't played this particular game in some time, so he was eager to see how well he still grasped the basics. The door chimed, pulling him from his thoughts.

"Good, we'll see...I think texas hold them is a good introduction to the game"  James said
Quote from: Miriam HÁƒ¤llstrom on February 24, 2017, 02:18:38 PM

James' Quarters

Miriam arrived at James' office and looked at the doorbell, thinking for a moment. She knew she'd probably be late compared to everyone else. It happens to everyone I guess' Miriam thought before putting her finger onto the door bell and then pressing it gently, sounding the bell.

[James Quarters]

As he heard the chime in the door, James said "Enter".  He kept shuffling the deck.  As the door opened he looked at Miriam and said "Hey Miriam, glad you could make it.  You just came in the nick of time about to deal the first hand.

Quote from: Ardyn Jaeger on February 25, 2017, 05:32:21 AM

[James's quarters]
She smirked.
Ardyn shrugged slightly. "I'm not particularly acquainted with it.   But, hey, I'm pretty game for trying anything.

He finished shuffling and tried to explain the game.  "Alright, I have given each of you chips that is worth to 100.  The small blind is 5, the big blind is 10.  That means that before a hand is played the person who is a small blind has to put 5 and the person who is the big blind has to put 10.  Anyone else if they want to play needs to put 10 and if the small blind wants to play he needs to put another 5."

"So Ardy, you are the small blind, and Evan you are the big blind...Miriam is not a blind"  James explained

"I am giving you all two cards right now" James said as he began giving cards to everyone.

We will have one round of betting, and then I will reveal 3 cards that we can all use or combine with your hand cards.  Then another round of betting, another card is reveal and then finally another round of betting and then the Final Card is revealed."

James then explained if "You can fold at any time and you DO NOT need to your cards, however if you plan until the end then you show your cards and the highest combination wins"

He pointed to a poster in his quarters.

He handed the cards and observed everyone's reactions
Chips:100
[spoiler]Eight of Diamonds, King of Diamonds[/spoiler]

James then turned to Miriam and said "Alright Miriam, do you want to play this round or skip it.  If you want to play you need to put 10 into the pot"

OOC Notes:

I have this website

https://www.random.org/playing-cards/

I just placed 4 Decks and Select two cards.  And then hide your cards with Spoiler.  I am honor coding this so just put the first two cards that you get.

If you have question you can make OOC Question.

Kira Wyman

Miriam picked up the two card pushed in front of her and observed the numbers on the cards.

Chips: 100
[spoiler]6 of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts[/spoiler]

Miriam looked up at the sheet that James had placed on the wall, observing it for a moment and looking for any possible combinations it might fit into. She looked back down for a moment at the cards, and then raised her head. "I think I'll pass this time." She smiled and placed the cards flat down back onto the table.

Given that she had never played the game before she decided it was probably good to sit it out and watch the round. She also didn't think the cards were a good fit.

OOC: I am not kidding when I've literally never played poker of any kind in my life so I'm just going to play around for a bit! :-)

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

James A. Hawke

James then looked at Miriam and said "Well Enought, I will call which means I am going to bet 10, and play this round"

He then turned towards the small blind which was Ardy and said "Ardy, are you calling, raising, or folding like Miriam?"

OOC: That's ok, think of this kind of a cool experience.  You character and yourself is learning.   

Ardyn Jaeger

OOC Same, Miriam, same.
Chips 100
[spoiler]3 of diamonds, 10 of diamonds[/spoiler]

[James's Quarters]

Ardyn looked at her cards. They didn't seem like good cards to her, but she didn't let that out to everyone else. She knew enough to not let anyone know what she was thinking. "I'll fold too, for the time being."

Alt of Kinley Garrison

James A. Hawke

James's Chips: 90

Pot: 25

James looked at Ardy as she folded again.  It was interesting tactic.  James figured that they were both trying to study him to have a bigger tactical advantage in the future.  If that was their plan, it was frankly a brilliant one.

He looked at Evan and said "So Evan, do you want to call or raise?"

He waited as the man responded.  He looked at Miriam and Ardy and offered.  "If you don't know how to play, just can take a peak on my cards and just whisper questions of that I am doing"

T'Ra Jones

[spoiler]king of hearts, queen of hearts[/spoiler]

Evan listened carefully as the game was explained, filling in the holes where his memory failed him. The game was basic enough, so he took his cards with a silent nod. Pinching where the two cards overlapped, he lifted them ever so briefly and immediately felt the urge to laugh at his good fortune. But he simply arched a brow as he had so often seen T'Ra do, lowering his cards. "I'm in," he replied. "And I raise another ten."

OOC: I also have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. But I'll run with it, and I'm sure you'll tell me if I screw up royally. :P

-Evan Buehler

James A. Hawke

OOC: This is hilarious, I am trying my best here.   Look at the Spoiler Below to see what I am thinking.

James looked at Evan as he wanted to raise the stakes.  He raised it another  10.  The pot amount was increased to 35 chips.  James looked at Evan squarely in his eyes and tried to wonder his motive.   He took a couple of chips and played in his hands.

"Alright, I'll bite Evan...I call"  James said in a confident tone.

He tossed his another 10 to match Evan's raise of his chips and the Pot grew to 45.

He put the first card, away and then flip over 3 cards of the 4 card deck.

The Card in the Center of the Table where

Q of Clubs
Q of Diamonds
K of Clubs

"Wow...that's interesting"  James commented.  It was Evan's turn to raise or call.  "Alright Evan what do you want to do"

He played with the 80 chips that he still had in his hand.

OCC Thoughts on James [Spoiler] ok So I have two Diamonds, and there is a Diamond in play, which means there is a total 3 Diamonds, I need the last two cards to be Diamond and I get a Flush, if T'Ra has Clubs or two of them...her chances are big for winning, If T'Ra has a Q she is looking at 3 of a King.  Right now realistically I have a pair of K which is not bad.  In other words, if she has Clubs, Q and K, I am screwed.  So it might be a good strategy to play conservatively right now, since I don't know if Evan is bluffing or not [/spoiler]

T'Ra Jones

As James laid down the new cards, Evan couldn't help but feel more confident. He had begun with a fairly good hand, and the two new beauties that lay face up on the table added a piece to the puzzle he was attempting to assemble. Evan watched the commander's face, hoping for some hint at what the man was thinking. No doubt James was experienced, his face giving away little. Evan left his left hand flat across his own cards, shoving 30 more chips into the center of the table. "Can I get a raise?"

OOC: Maybe I should say I have no idea what's going on with regards to bidding. The cards themselves make sense.

-Evan Buehler

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.