Author Topic: En Garde! [Open]  (Read 1558 times)

Offline Ariste Stark

• Approved Applicants
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
En Garde! [Open]
« on: February 16, 2017, 04:44:18 pm »
[Holodeck]

"Are you ready?"

Slipping the mask over her head, Ariste tapped on the black mesh for good measure, before slipping into her stance.
"Ready." She murmured. The second the other holo-person confirmed he was ready, the round started. Shifting her weight back, her eyes scanned him, picking up every little tell that he gave off. Retreating a few step, she gripped her foil, bouncing in place and waiting for the hologram to strike first.

Scattering backwards at the first strike, she countered by lunging forward, only to hear the satisfying clink of metal against metal. Another lunge brought her close enough to jab the tip of the blade into the man's chest. It only hit pure padding, though, as Vladimir backed off, realizing he was hit.

"Computer, freeze program." Ariste barked, voice muffled until she tugged her headgear off, shaking her hair out. Running her hand through the frizzy mess in vain, she balanced her sword against her leg for a moment so she could hold her mask. "Computer, raise difficulty level to advanced." She finally continued, untangling her fingers from her hair, and moving to loosely shove her mask back on, grabbing the hilt of the foil again. She didn't know how much longer the others would be; she'd invited whomever was interested to come join her, whether they wanted to practice or wanted to learn. But until anyone arrived, she would work up a sweat with her pre-programmed instructor, warm herself up so she didn't make a fool of herself.
Her little swordfight on the Athena had reminded her of her old love for fencing. So she'd decided to pick it up again, never knew when it would come in handy, and plus it was good exercise. God knew if she wasn't working on her robots, she was doing some sort of workout - fencing, boxing, kickboxing, or karate. Her energetic nature clearly showed through in her activities, as well as her fiery temper and love for beating things up.

Tucking her hair up, she instinctively ran her thumb over the scar left on her arm from the fight, feeling the material press against it. Shrugging it off, Ariste picked up her weapon, flipping her mask down, she muttered a quick 'computer, resume program'. Flashing a grin at Vladimir, she slipped back into En Garde, right foot forward and knees bent. Tightening her grip around the foil, she lifted it to point it at the hologram, squaring her shoulders.

"Ready?"

Offline James A. Hawke

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • James A. Hawke
  • Three year award Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded to any commanding officer who takes command of two or more starships. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: En Garde! [Open]
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 02:08:53 am »

Click on the Badge to see bio

Offline Ariste Stark

• Approved Applicants
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 01:46:35 am »
[Holodeck]

Ariste didn't notice the door opening, nor someone standing behind her, as she lunged at the hologram, keeping her form tight and her guard up. When he spoke, however, she twisted around, and felt the jab of the foil in the back of her suit. "Computer, freeze program." She ordered, ignoring her loss because of her attention being diverted.

"Oh no, it's alright. You aren't interrupting anything majorly important." She assured him, pulling her mask off and tucking it under her arm. "Yeah, French grip. Do you fence?" She was curious about how he had noticed that right off the bat. It wasn't often you met someone who knew anything about fencing. It was an ancient sport, but one well-recorded for years and years, an ever-surviving descendant of sword fighting.

Resting her sword on her shoulder, she quirked a brow at James, nodding toward the frozen holoperson behind her. "You can give it a go if you want."

Offline James A. Hawke

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • James A. Hawke
  • Three year award Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded to any commanding officer who takes command of two or more starships. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 04:30:56 pm »
[Holodeck]

Ariste didn't notice the door opening, nor someone standing behind her, as she lunged at the hologram, keeping her form tight and her guard up. When he spoke, however, she twisted around, and felt the jab of the foil in the back of her suit. "Computer, freeze program." She ordered, ignoring her loss because of her attention being diverted.

"Oh no, it's alright. You aren't interrupting anything majorly important." She assured him, pulling her mask off and tucking it under her arm. "Yeah, French grip. Do you fence?" She was curious about how he had noticed that right off the bat. It wasn't often you met someone who knew anything about fencing. It was an ancient sport, but one well-recorded for years and years, an ever-surviving descendant of sword fighting.

Resting her sword on her shoulder, she quirked a brow at James, nodding toward the frozen holoperson behind her. "You can give it a go if you want."

Offline Ariste Stark

• Approved Applicants
  • Competent Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 07:56:10 pm »

"Oooh, Tennis. I love watching it, but my coordination for that is horrible." Scoffing, she stepped back, bowing deeply and motioning for him to take his stance.

"I was practicing my Foil, although I've done a bit of Saber as well." Ordering the computer to remove the Hologram, she herself decided to step onto the strip instead, poising the mask over her head but not pulling it down yet.
"My mother was the exact opposite. She wanted me to take proper etiquette, and learn how to ballroom dance, and all that fancy stuff. We would always get invited to fancy parties, so I could never been seen in my greasers and a tee-shirt." Rolling her eyes, she fastened her mask, picking up her 'sword'. "My father wanted me to take fencing though, because he thought I would enjoy it. Turns out, I did." She gave a cheeky grin from behind the mesh. Slipping into the proper stance, she relaxed her shoulders and sharpened her eye to watch for every little twitch of a movement.
"Ready?"

Offline James A. Hawke

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • James A. Hawke
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 03:42:28 am »

"Oooh, Tennis. I love watching it, but my coordination for that is horrible." Scoffing, she stepped back, bowing deeply and motioning for him to take his stance.

"I was practicing my Foil, although I've done a bit of Saber as well." Ordering the computer to remove the Hologram, she herself decided to step onto the strip instead, poising the mask over her head but not pulling it down yet.
"My mother was the exact opposite. She wanted me to take proper etiquette, and learn how to ballroom dance, and all that fancy stuff. We would always get invited to fancy parties, so I could never been seen in my greasers and a tee-shirt." Rolling her eyes, she fastened her mask, picking up her 'sword'. "My father wanted me to take fencing though, because he thought I would enjoy it. Turns out, I did." She gave a cheeky grin from behind the mesh. Slipping into the proper stance, she relaxed her shoulders and sharpened her eye to watch for every little twitch of a movement.
"Ready?"

Offline Ariste Stark

• Approved Applicants
  • Competent Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 03:53:37 pm »

There was a moment's break, before Ariste signaled to begin. She was immediately on the defensive, unsure of James' skill level or technique. She would hang back for a bit, see what her opponent would do, before hopefully going in for a strike.

Holding her blade close, Ariste dared him to lunge forward, as she prepared to retreat. Judging by his personality, he probably played his hands cautiously yet expertly and sneakily, unlike her normally boisterous and overpowering attitude, brute forcing her way through a challenge.
After a moment, Ariste dared to advance, and pulled her arm away from her body a bit, holding it more offensively. As if puffing up like a cat, to prove she wasn't a coward. Something about her actions taunted 'try me', as she narrowed her eyes at James.

Offline James A. Hawke

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • James A. Hawke
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 06:33:35 pm »

There was a moment's break, before Ariste signaled to begin. She was immediately on the defensive, unsure of James' skill level or technique. She would hang back for a bit, see what her opponent would do, before hopefully going in for a strike.

Holding her blade close, Ariste dared him to lunge forward, as she prepared to retreat. Judging by his personality, he probably played his hands cautiously yet expertly and sneakily, unlike her normally boisterous and overpowering attitude, brute forcing her way through a challenge.
After a moment, Ariste dared to advance, and pulled her arm away from her body a bit, holding it more offensively. As if puffing up like a cat, to prove she wasn't a coward. Something about her actions taunted 'try me', as she narrowed her eyes at James.

Offline Ariste Stark

• Approved Applicants
  • Competent Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2017, 01:21:11 am »

Ariste's eyes followed James' every movement, wary of the fact she didn't know her opponent. At least, not yet she didn't.
For a few moments they were both quiet, keeping their distances. Neither made a motion for the other, and Ariste simply waited for him to move first.

When he did, she jerked her blade to block, only to find he had never been aiming for her at the first place. Retreating quickly upon this realization, she just barely dodged a nick from his blade. Even so, he was far too close for comfort, and not letting up.
In a heartbeat, she had decided whether to attack or defend - the urge to attack while he was poised was great, but she would be leaving herself wide open. He already had his arm extended, he only needed to lunge to catch her while she was open. So instead she retreated to the edge of the mat, deflecting his rapidly spinning foil and internally hissing at cornering herself. She would just have to chase him back into his own territory in these next few moves.

Narrowing her eyes in mock-anger, she pouted slightly at him. "Aggressive player, I like it. Most people are too reserved to give me a run for my money." She responded, instead of confirming the fact that she hadn't been expecting it. Not in the slightest.

It was in the middle of that comment that that she advanced quickly, leading with her blade, twisted so that she could move it with only her wrist, instead of wasting precious time using her entire arm. But she wasn't attacking, per-se. If he would attack, she would swing her blade downwards to knock his away, then lunge for his right shoulder, leaving it up to whoever was quicker with their blade. Advancing, while still defending rather than attacking, a unique mix.
 If he didn't attack though, she would simply chase him backward, gaining herself some ground. She couldn't let herself be pushed to the end of the mat, where she had no chance of retreating if he attacked again.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles