Redshirts the book

Started by Ser Conley, February 11, 2017, 10:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ser Conley

There a book I just found call "Redshirts" audiobook read Will Wheaton.

I had to pick it up.

I'll put up a review when I'm done.  And if you already read it. why did you say something.

"May you live as long as you want to, and want to as long as you live."-Irish toast

Ser Conley

I was at the Library.  I've been read... well listening (audiobook) to more sci fi and Fantasy.  I pick it up and also put it back.  I'm so glad I did not.

I'd recommend this book to anyone who love Old TOS tropes.  A young Ensign's first assignment is on the Universal Union Capital Ship "Intrepid".  The best ship in the fleet.  Only, he soon realizes something is wrong on the ship.  For one, on every away mission somebody dies.
Another, the senior staff always survive.  And lastly, at least one low ranking member is killed.

This book has comdey, mindless deaths, a magic box, and a yeti.

I give it four and a half thumbs.

Ser

PS.  It somewhere between PG-13 and R.  Closer to R

"May you live as long as you want to, and want to as long as you live."-Irish toast

Solluk

Thank you for the review.  :-)

My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

D'Vid

Parent account is D'Vid to contact me. Thanks

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.