Author Topic: Redshirts the book  (Read 689 times)

Offline Ser Conley

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • it good to be home.
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Redshirts the book
« on: February 11, 2017, 10:51:55 pm »
There a book I just found call "Redshirts" audiobook read Will Wheaton.

I had to pick it up.

I'll put up a review when I'm done.  And if you already read it. why did you say something.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 10:58:14 pm by Ser Conley »

"May you live as long as you want to, and want to as long as you live."-Irish toast

Offline Ser Conley

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • it good to be home.
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Redshirts the book
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 11:42:13 pm »
I was at the Library.  I've been read... well listening (audiobook) to more sci fi and Fantasy.  I pick it up and also put it back.  I'm so glad I did not. 

I'd recommend this book to anyone who love Old TOS tropes.  A young Ensign's first assignment is on the Universal Union Capital Ship "Intrepid".  The best ship in the fleet.  Only, he soon realizes something is wrong on the ship.  For one, on every away mission somebody dies. 
Another, the senior staff always survive.  And lastly, at least one low ranking member is killed. 

This book has comdey, mindless deaths, a magic box, and a yeti.   

I give it four and a half thumbs.

Ser

PS.  It somewhere between PG-13 and R.  Closer to R
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 11:43:38 pm by Ser Conley »

"May you live as long as you want to, and want to as long as you live."-Irish toast

Offline Solluk

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Life is not endurable without a sense of humor.
  • Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Three year award Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 12:14:59 am »
Thank you for the review.  :-)
My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Offline D'Vid

• Deceased/Retired
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 01:39:58 am »
Interesting

Parent account is D'Vid to contact me. Thanks

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles