Author Topic: Features (You would like to see implemented)  (Read 16347 times)

Offline Michael J. Tritter

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Don't trifle with Tritter
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Features (You would like to see implemented)
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2017, 07:37:25 am »
Have we ever considered making missions 2 months long and shortening seasons to 6 episodes so we can finish a mission without it seeming rushed at the end?

Or at least a longer episode as the 'episode of the season's or something.

Just an idea!

I believe this actually is actually is discretion afforded to Captain's. I do not believe a uniform rule ia good, but allowing for flexibility for the CO to determine what is best for their simm is best. Not all missions will end in a month, which I do agree with you there.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 10:03:08 am by Michael J. Tritter »

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Who made this guy an Admiral?
  • Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2017, 07:46:52 am »
Mr Tritter is right here. Case in point is the Test, who is in the middle of a two month mission.
Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Offline Fala Awen

• Condemner of Food, Things, and Supplies
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Think they'll have THAT on the tour?
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Three year award Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2017, 07:48:15 am »
Have we ever considered making missions 2 months long and shortening seasons to 6 episodes so we can finish a mission without it seeming rushed at the end?

Just an idea!

Also, I believe the Shran's current mission is meant to last two months, but T'Ra or Hawke can correct me if I'm wrong...

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

Offline Naira

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2017, 01:36:59 pm »

Just an idea!

I believe this actually is actually is discretion afforded to Captain's. I do not believe a uniform rule ia good, but allowing for flexibility for the CO to determine what is best for their simm is best. Not all missions will end in a month, which I do agree with you there.

I agree that I don't think that this should be a set rule but rather up to each individual Captain based on what they feel works best for their simm. I know some simms move slower and it may feel rushed to move through a mission in one month or maybe they have a rather long and complex mission, but on the other hand, I've been on the Columbus for the past six months now and without fail each month we seem to wrap up each mission by the 25-27th of each month and our crew is waiting to jump onto the next idea  and start a new mission. For us, we'd either have to draw out each mission or add a lot more plot points to them so that our missions didn't become stagnant over the course of two months.

In fact, the other day we were planning out missions for the rest of the year and we'll be cramming in four missions (two of them mini missions) over the next three months because we had so many ideas that people want to play out.

Offline Kira Wyman

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2017, 04:56:11 pm »
Sounds good! Thanks everyone for letting me know!

Kira

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

Offline Crystal Newberry

• Suspended Account
  • Applicant
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2017, 05:30:30 pm »
It's up to the Command Staff of the individual simm(s) if they want 5, 10 or even 15 missions per season. At one time but it's lost now, Discovery was doing 12 to 14 missions in Season 1 and 2. Another factor that plays a part is how active the crew of the simm(s) is.

Offline Solluk

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Life is not endurable without a sense of humor.
  • Three year award Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2017, 10:39:15 am »
Hello,

I had this same misconception.  I mistook a custom for a rule, and then was educated that the CO's have discretion in this matter. 

On the topic of website and forum improvements, I know that when we comment on a thread, then that thread will appear under 'Show new replies to your posts.'   Is there a way to deselect the 'following' of such a thread?   I once accidentally commented on another ship's discussion thread, and that thread has forever appeared in 'Show new replies to your posts' and I would be grateful for the opportunity to somehow deselect it from being followed.

Cheers!
My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Offline Solluk

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Life is not endurable without a sense of humor.
  • Three year award Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Signature Tag Banner Adjustment
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2017, 01:30:53 am »
Slightly Larger Signature Tag Banners.

Hello!

Some of the names are rather long, and it is necessitating extra lines for the signature tag.  (Or altering the kerning which squishes the spacing of letters, or alternate font size to allow all the letters to fit, etc.)

I would like to propose this modified Signature Tag Banner which is 10% bigger than the existing banner, and may solve the problem.

It would also allow for marginally larger character portraits. (About 100 pixels tall.) 

My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Offline Kyan Mackenzie

• Command Level Officer
  • Veteran Member
  • "I aim to misbehave."
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to members who have contributed to the site by creating missions within the past 6 months. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2017, 11:24:24 am »
I love the idea of making the sig cards a bit bigger, but another thing might be to stop putting the rank in the name/assignment area altogether. It's a little redundant seeing as how we have a pic of the rank right beside the character.

Offline Bonnie Moors

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2017, 12:36:50 pm »
Slightly Larger Signature Tag Banners.

Hello!

Some of the names are rather long, and it is necessitating extra lines for the signature tag.  (Or altering the kerning which squishes the spacing of letters, or alternate font size to allow all the letters to fit, etc.)

I would like to propose this modified Signature Tag Banner which is 10% bigger than the existing banner, and may solve the problem.

It would also allow for marginally larger character portraits. (About 100 pixels tall.) 

I'd like to one up this idea as well.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 02:51:31 pm by Bonnie Moors »

Click on my Sig to read my bio!

Offline Fala Awen

• Condemner of Food, Things, and Supplies
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Think they'll have THAT on the tour?
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Three year award Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2017, 01:22:08 pm »
Personally,  I like the id cards as they are.

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

Offline Bonnie Moors

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2017, 01:26:40 pm »
I love the idea of making the sig cards a bit bigger, but another thing might be to stop putting the rank in the name/assignment area altogether. It's a little redundant seeing as how we have a pic of the rank right beside the character.

I'm not sure about this idea, I'm quite happy with the way it's already set out. However, the bigger ID cards sounds like a good idea to fit larger names on.

Offline Rayek trLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Revered Member
  • I-jol au, e'lev
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded every January by the FCO.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2017, 01:44:54 pm »
I rather prefer the written reminder of the rank along with the name..  I've gotten the pips wrong in the past... (oopsie!)

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Offline Kinley Garrison

• The Cheezit Thief
  • Command Level Officer
  • Honoured Member
  • Shenanigans ensueth.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2017, 04:13:41 pm »
I like them the size they are.
Anyhow, any size changes would add a lot of work to Naira's (and anyone else's) plates.
We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Offline Bonnie Moors

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2017, 05:14:31 pm »
I like them the size they are.
Anyhow, any size changes would add a lot of work to Naira's (and anyone else's) plates.

I'm sure the way they could implement it was by just using the new one for any newly requested cards. If someone has one already, they don't need a new one just because the size has changed.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles