Features (You would like to see implemented)

Started by Chris Newberry, February 07, 2017, 12:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solluk

It is sad that new versions do not support some of the current features.

My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Race Warez

I, for one, would hate to lose the awards stripes. They really help make each profile unique in my opinion.

[

Kinley Garrison

So, sometimes when I go to post a picture, it just ends up being really huge and overshadows the post. Do you think there could be a way to shrink photos to a reasonable size on here?   I think this would be really handy for a lot of people on this site.

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Kinley Garrison on March 22, 2017, 04:25:27 AM

So, sometimes when I go to post a picture, it just ends up being really huge and overshadows the post. Do you think there could be a way to shrink photos to a reasonable size on here?   I think this would be really handy for a lot of people on this site.

In the first {IMG} tag you can do {IMG width=200} to change an image size.

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Fala Awen

Could we update or revise the IMs to list on your profile? Maybe it's just me, but I can't even remember the last time I used ICQ, YIM, or AIM...plus MSN Messenger is now actually Skype.

Not sure what everyone else uses, but I tend towards Google chat, Skype, and Discord.

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

James H. Hawk

Quote from: Caelene Tam on April 10, 2017, 09:42:26 AM

Could we update or revise the IMs to list on your profile? Maybe it's just me, but I can't even remember the last time I used ICQ, YIM, or AIM...plus MSN Messenger is now actually Skype.

Not sure what everyone else uses, but I tend towards Google chat, Skype, and Discord.

Hi, Caelene,

We do actually use Skype. Most of us here on Shadowfleet are on it and we have a group chat for everyone plus one for each SIMM. Its not on the profiles but we do still use it. If you would like, I could add you to the group if you PM me your Skype details.

Fala Awen

I've been sorta trying to get away from Skype some - mostly just have one person on there that I actually talk to. I could get that sorted once I get assigned; appreciate the offer to help.

I still think it'd be nice to update the IMs listed for people in our profiles though. I don't think (could be wrong) many people use ICQ/AIM/YIM anymore, so it seems a bit outdated to have those listed in profiles imho.

And Discord might be a good choice to go to - less resource intensive than Skype and it's a really nice program. I've joined/created a number of servers there (other simming organizations, WoW has servers for each class, some other games I've played are on there, etc). You can pin messages, do more customizing than Skype, etc. :)

James H. Hawk

Quote from: Caelene Tam on April 10, 2017, 10:38:25 AM

I've been sorta trying to get away from Skype some - mostly just have one person on there that I actually talk to. I could get that sorted once I get assigned; appreciate the offer to help.

I still think it'd be nice to update the IMs listed for people in our profiles though. I don't think (could be wrong) many people use ICQ/AIM/YIM anymore, so it seems a bit outdated to have those listed in profiles imho.

And Discord might be a good choice to go to - less resource intensive than Skype and it's a really nice program. I've joined/created a number of servers there (other simming organizations, WoW has servers for each class, some other games I've played are on there, etc). You can pin messages, do more customizing than Skype, etc. :)

Discord is a good idea and could potentially happen one day in the future but right now we are using Skype. Its not mandatory for you to join or anything but we would love to have you join there.

As for updating the IMs, I have no idea how that would work. I've never even paid attention to them.

Chris Newberry

ICQ, Yahoo, MSN, ectra in profile is hard code. I might be able to rename it but I would have to do it everytime I updated the software.

Retired FADM Chris Newberry
Enjoying R&R on Kantro Prime
Shadow Fleet Founder (Creator)
Rtd. Fleet Commanding Officer

Fala Awen

Quote from: Chris Newberry on April 11, 2017, 01:10:37 AM

ICQ, Yahoo, MSN, ectra in profile is hard code. I might be able to rename it but I would have to do it everytime I updated the software.

Ahh okay. I'm familiar with that issue. Well, thought I would ask. I suppose if people used different IMs, they could use the same fields, then just indicate what IM their screenname is actually for.

Ex.  AIM:  Belais#2193 (Discord)

Then it's just slightly more typing for people and no hard coding for each update for you.

Solluk

Hello,

Is there a method to unsubscribe from notifications on particular threads?

Cheers!

My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Dylan Torngate

Just a little bump, this thread IS still around if anyone has any suggestions and we can see what we can do.

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on September 07, 2017, 06:10:33 PM

Just a little bump, this thread IS still around if anyone has any suggestions and we can see what we can do.

Can we get a new captain on the Challenger?

Kinley Garrison

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on September 07, 2017, 06:23:54 PM

Can we get a new captain on the Challenger?

To somewhat quote captain Picard: "Shut up, Malcolm."  :P :D
We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Kira Wyman

Have we ever considered making missions 2 months long and shortening seasons to 6 episodes so we can finish a mission without it seeming rushed at the end?

Or at least a longer episode as the 'episode of the season's or something.

Just an idea!

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.