Character Name: D'Vid
Character Age: 800 years
Character DOB: Earth date February 5, 1594
Character Image:

Luke Bryan cast as D'Vid

Character Species: Á¢â,¬Å½El-Aurian
Character Family: Deceased died from the Borg attack
Character Bio:

D'Vid grew up with his parents in a city in El-Auria. He was fascinated about building things and making things. He had models from kits and he designed his own.

As he grew up he had loved his God-Father taking him on long hunting trips in the deep forest that had large mountains as neighbors. They had spent time together camping out. Watching the awesome comet showers that had happened on the second week of every third month. It was D'Vid's favorite things to do.

He had attend engineering school as he left the middle education. He had wanted to fly the stars to hear the stories of other species. D'Vid had a lust for knowledge of cultures but he wanted to perfect his studies. It was very important for him. On school vacation he had spent time with family and his God-Father.

About three hundred years old, the Borg came to ruin a wonderful planet name El-Auria.

Eron, D'Vid's long relative cousin had tried to save him from the Borg attack. A matter of fact the cousin had tried three times on three time travel trips. The first time trip he missed it. Eron timing was late. The Borg had assimilated D'vid. The second time travel he just missed it by a hair of a second. The third time he caught D'Vid from early enough. D'Vid was camping with his Godfather. Sadly, the Godfather was dead at the scene. But Eron had saved D'Vid.

Now, Eron breaking the rule of Temporal Prime Directive was not a good idea. He had kept it covered up for a twenty-five years. The two of them where able to pass in Eron's time line. But they were forced to run off on a time leap.

To their surprise they both landed on Earth. They landed in the 1950s in USA. They landed in Georgia. This was the area where D'Vid had picked up a southern accent. They both figured they both needed to stay low. So they stayed in the forest area. Eron had to hide his equipment. They did not wanted to be found.

That was when Eron explain to D'Vid the truth of what had happened to their home planet being attached by the Borg. He explained he was trying to save the WHOLE family, but he had failed. He could not try to many times. He took a risk to save D'Vid. He had not shared all the information why he had too. That had a mystery to it. Sadly, the two had been discovered after two hundred years of hiding.

Eron had sent D'Vid back to his time line on Earth. Eron escaped from the Temporal Agency or he was taken back to his time to be prosecuted. D'Vid had appeared in Georgia on his time line. He knew what he knew and who he was. What he knew his people were no more. Well, that was what he was told.

D'Vid had decided to accept that he had nowhere to go. He decided to hunt, fish and survive in the area he had lived in the nature.

Wanderlust and curious made him to move on. Staying put to long was not his ideal. All he knew he wanted to see more out there in space. So he found a freighter and asked he could join the crew. The freighter captain had assigned D'Vid to be part of his crew. This was fifty years before he was enlisted with Starfleet.

D'Vid joined Starfleet because he saw the possibility he would be able to seek out his future relative or serve part of the Temporal Agency. He figured his life span might lead close to that goal. It was what he could do to honor Eron. All he is aware he is the only one. Unless he has a way to seek out for Eron. Who knows time can be his friend or enemy? He had to find out but making that move.

Side notes on D'Vid:

D'Vid never had a relationship. Never really had experience in that area in his life.
Loves to fish, nature things, hunting and plays guitar.
He is learning to play piano.

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience: played but had not carried any leadership jobs
Department Preference:
Secondary Department Preference:
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Was leaning on Civilian but could slide into Enlisted.

Sample post:

The sound of the rapid water flowing from the small water fall under the bridge had a calming effect. The holodeck setting was set for an early evening on a planet that was random picked by the computer. The El-Aurian was not to picky. He preferred not to know. He became more an adventure on trying new things. He had spend a few centuries listening to a babbling Q talking about her own kind. It was like routine with no end to it. He had tried to give her his own wisdom advice but her mouth was non-stop.

What he learned by hearing from other humans and species in Starfleet that he was stuck in an old routine. Something he learned from a culture where people keep the same job for many years. Most their lives. They are afraid to make the change. The change from benefits and they just don't like the change. They say, they were watching paint dry on the wall. They missed out the adventures in their lives. They had chosen to wake up, eat, work, sleep, work, sleep and on and on. It had reminded him the Q who had talked his ears off.

Licking his upper lip, he saw the bobber was not bouncing at all. He was not sure how much time has gone by. He could asked the computer but he was enjoying the peace and quiet. He had liked the company of other species. He welcomed it like a new born baby reaching for its milk.

He had heard there were more like him out there. The Borg had not defeated his race, but there was so much about the Borg and his own people. He had never had the chance to hear about anything about his people or ALL these other people that are in the universe. So much to learn and so much exploring to do.

What had brought him here at the station was a Q. Just blinked him here and left him. The reason she left him because she got bored. What did she say? It was time to make try new role. Whatever she meant. How could he lived centuries hearing her and not go crazy?

He figured he was some where near middle age by his species but he had not life experience of his age. He was more like a young person in an older body.  All he knew he liked to listen. It was a given gift. He was a good hunter. He learned to appreciate plants and trees from hunting. He love to fish too. He was a nature type. That could be why his Q companion dragged him to all these cool places that she never shared where they went. Heck, he was filled with adventures where Starfleet and other races had never explored. Funny, how he can't say where he had been.

That had to be it. He was in a job of listening to the same individual. Someone who could be called his boss. He had benefits. He was fed. He was protected from elements. She even clothed him. God! Was he a pet to her? Who knows? All he knew he was finally away from her.

FINALLY!

The bobber went under the water. He had a fish.

CRASH!

He fell over. He quickly caught himself from fall in the water. That quickly ripped him out of the realism of the holodeck. The scene shook again. He knew something was wrong as he saw the sky, the water, the ground all zapped away to a black room and yellow lines. He had a fishing pole in his hands and the fishing line dropped to the floor. The bobber dropped and bounced. At the end of his line there was a fish. He stared at it. Was the fish part of the computer program? That was not right. He had to report this to the staff of the entertainment service.

Additional information: When I applied I was unable to use D'Vid as a registered name. I had tried a couple times. So I gave up to. I had no choice. ;) So I just registered as David.

How did you find Shadow Fleet? RPGED ad and a Tribble told me. ;)

Parent account is D'Vid to contact me. Thanks

Kirok

D'Vid,

Thanks for submitting your application.

The name David can be changed on your profile.  I can change it to D'Vid if you like.

You application is very interesting.
Your writing is great!
But I have a few comments before accepting it.

We rarely see a Q on the site, because they are too powerful.
And we typically only allow our Commanding Officer to play them.

That said, we would not be able to allow surprise appearance from the Q you grew up in.  If fact, we would want the Commanding Officers of the SIMM you are posted on to determine when and if the Q visited.  Being one of the COs, I would likely not permit it (unless it suited the specific mission I was running and I could control the activity of the Q).

That being the case, would you still be interested in playing this character knowing that you will not be able to have an ongoing relationship with your Q?

Please let me know,

Kirok

PS - I will likely have follow up questions, but this seemed to be the most important one.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

D'Vid

I was not expecting for a Q to pop up in the future anyway. It was my second idea for a interesting background which I feel was better then the first.

I wil be glad to answer any questions or any suggestions.

Kirok

Quote from: David on January 13, 2017, 04:37:32 AM

I was not expecting for a Q to pop up in the future anyway. It was my second idea for a interesting background which I feel was better then the first.

I wil be glad to answer any questions or any suggestions.

D'vid,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Out of curiosity, what was your original concept?

Do you have a 1st and 2nd department preference?

Do you wish to start as enlisted or commissioned?

Please advise,

Kirok

PS - I'm on Skype all day long and this weekend.  My handle is kirok.sf.  If you have Skype, perhaps we could chat more quickly than replying to posts.

D'Vid

Kirok,

Original idea had to deal with the Temporal Agent of Starfleet. It was an idea that I was unable to form to make it realistic. It dealt with my character starting in the twentieth century. The joke was he was making Elvis seem to be alive when he was supposed to be dead. It was a silly idea.

For the department preference, I am struggling with the idea. I am trying to figure where I want to go. I am up for suggestions.

If I do choose between enlisted or commissioned, I only see enlisted because of my character age. I prefer to go the slow route.

Best Regards

D'Vid

PS

For the Skype, I do have an account. I will put my best effort to get the app on my lap top. Just need to remember my name and password.

I added date of birth and character notes

Kirok

D'vid,

We actually like the time idea better.
Maybe leave the Elvis part out ;-)
But maybe the Time agent could be a distant relative who broke the rules to save you.

Engineering, Operations or Sec/Tac would be the departments I would suggest.

Enlisted is fine!

Please let me know which department you prefer and then I can assign you to a ship.

D'Vid

Kirok,

I had written a possible history on the time temporal idea. I avoided for an epic story, but I left it open for story ideas in the future.

So below is the new one.

D'Vid grew up with his parents in a city in El-Auria. He was fascinated about building things and making things. He had models from kits and he designed his own.

As he grew up he had loved his God-Father taking him on long hunting trips in the deep forest that had large mountains as neighbors. They had spent time together camping out. Watching the awesome comet showers that had happened on the second week of every third month. It was D'Vid's favorite things to do.

He had attend engineering school as he left the middle education. He had wanted to fly the stars to hear the stories of other species. D'Vid had a lust for knowledge of cultures but he wanted to perfect his studies. It was very important for him. On school vacation he had spent time with family and his God-Father.

About three hundred years old, the Borg came to ruin a wonderful planet name El-Auria.

Eron, D'Vid's long relative cousin had tried to save him from the Borg attack. A matter of fact the cousin had tried three times on three time travel trips. The first time trip he missed it. Eron timing was late. The Borg had assimilated D'vid. The second time travel he just missed it by a hair of a second. The third time he caught D'Vid from early enough. D'Vid was camping with his Godfather. Sadly, the Godfather was dead at the scene. But Eron had saved D'Vid.

Now, Eron breaking the rule of Temporal Prime Directive was not a good idea. He had kept it covered up for a twenty-five years. The two of them where able to pass in Eron's time line. But they were forced to run off on a time leap.

To their surprise they both landed on Earth. They landed in the 1950s in USA. They landed in Georgia. This was the area where D'Vid had picked up a southern accent. They both figured they both needed to stay low. So they stayed in the forest area. Eron had to hide his equipment. They did not wanted to be found.

That was when Eron explain to D'Vid the truth of what had happened to their home planet being attached by the Borg. He explained he was trying to save the WHOLE family, but he had failed. He could not try to many times. He took a risk to save D'Vid. He had not shared all the information why he had too. That had a mystery to it. Sadly, the two had been discovered after two hundred years of hiding.

Eron had sent D'Vid back to his time line on Earth. Eron escaped from the Temporal Agency or he was taken back to his time to be prosecuted. D'Vid had appeared in Georgia on his time line. He knew what he knew and who he was. What he knew his people were no more. Well, that was what he was told.

D'Vid had decided to accept that he had nowhere to go. He decided to hunt, fish and survive in the area he had lived in the nature.

Wanderlust and curious made him to move on. Staying put to long was not his ideal. All he knew he wanted to see more out there in space. So he found a freighter and asked he could join the crew. The freighter captain had assigned D'Vid to be part of his crew. This was fifty years before he was enlisted with Starfleet.

D'Vid joined Starfleet because he saw the possibility he would be able to seek out his future relative or serve part of the Temporal Agency. He figured his life span might lead close to that goal. It was what he could do to honor Eron. All he is aware he is the only one. Unless he has a way to seek out for Eron. Who knows time can be his friend or enemy? He had to find out but making that move.

Kirok

D'vid,

Wow, that is a great backstory!

Sounds like Engineering might be a good fit.

If so, I can put you on the Discovery with me and Tekin Nevir.

It that works, please join out current mission.

If you want a different department, please let me know which.

Sincerely,

Kirok

PS - Would you like to the the Enlist training Course right away or wait a month or two?

D'Vid

Kirok,

I find everything in good shape.

Just find it funny that there is a Borg personal who is Engineer. Da-dum!

I think I wait on the Enlist Training Course to see what it is about.

Yours,

D'Vid

Kirok

Quote from: D'vid on January 15, 2017, 03:25:21 AM

Kirok,

I find everything in good shape.

Just find it funny that there is a Borg personal who is Engineer. Da-dum!

I think I wait on the Enlist Training Course to see what it is about.

Yours,

D'Vid

Perfect!

You can start posting on the Discovery Mission now.

EQ Kimball is me!  You two will have a ball together!

Kali Reyes will start your ETC soon!

Welcome aboard,

Kirok

D'Vid

Glad to be aboard.

Just wanted to say that I love the format of the writing style. It is nice to be able to read through replies that are NOVEL base style. It keeps the FLOW of story enjoyable. Like reading a book.

It makes me feel I am reading ANOTHER generation story line of Star Trek.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.