Season 5, Mission 10: The Coming Storm (1)

Started by kawolsky, March 02, 2009, 07:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kawolsky

MISSION START: 2nd March, 2009

[ICONIAN WAR - DAY 50]

[Cafe, Blaisdell Station]

"Captain's log, stardate 63167.1. It's been a week since we arrived back at Blaisdell Station and Starfleet still hasn't determined the cause of the Illustrious' destruction, but I know it was one of those damned Iconian agents. We can't keep taking these losses if we are going to win this war."

Kawolsky and Bradley were sat in one of the station's main cafes. Aside from a few Starfleet personnel, it was empty. Since the outbreak of war, traders and civilians have given Starfleet installations a wide berth. Even they knew that Starfleet were losing this war.

After the events of the past week, the crew had been put on stand-down. Starfleet knew how hard they had been working and had finally given into Kawolsky's request.

He looked at his glass, swilling the liquid inside around and around. Somehow, it relaxed him.

"Did you see the latest casualty reports?"  he said  "We're losing this war, Scott"

Scott Bradley

Quote from: John Kawolsky on March 02, 2009, 07:03:19 PM

[ICONIAN WAR - DAY 50]

"Captain's log, stardate 63167.1. It's been a week since we arrived back at Blaisdell Station and Starfleet still hasn't determined the cause of the Illustrious' destruction, but I know it was one of those damned Iconian agents. We can't keep taking these losses if we are going to win this war."

Kawolsky and Bradley were sat in one of the station's main cafes. Aside from a few Starfleet personnel, it was empty. Since the outbreak of war, traders and civilians have given Starfleet installations a wide berth. Even they knew that Starfleet were losing this war.

After the events of the past week, the crew had been put on stand-down. Starfleet knew how hard they had been working and had finally given into Kawolsky's request.

He looked at his glass, swilling the liquid inside around and around. Somehow, it relaxed him.

"Did you see the latest casualty reports?"  he said  "We're losing this war, Scott"

[Cafe, Blaisdell station]

Scott took another bite of the sandwhich he had ordered. Truth be told, he was too stressed to eat. He simply wiped his mouth with his napkin, and finished chewing.

" You dont have to tell me. 1,200 people on the Illustrious is bad enough. The did some pretty bad damage, but without the staging ship, i've noticed there holding back a bit. Its definetley hurt them, and bought us some time.

We have to find a way of detecting these agents. "

Jacob Hannagan

Commander Hannagan had been back on the station for almost a week.  High Command had wanted anyone who knew the area back there, which cut short his tenure being in charge of all Security Forces on Earth.

But one thing had been bothering him for the last few months and he knew he would have to address the problem.

"Isis, I have something I need to say to you.  I don't think we are working out as boyfriend and girlfriend... Jacob said hoping Isis wouldn't jump the gun.

kawolsky

Quote from: Scott Bradley on March 02, 2009, 07:12:18 PM

[Cafe, Blaisdell station]

Scott took another bite of the sandwhich he had ordered. Truth be told, he was too stressed to eat. He simply wiped his mouth with his napkin, and finished chewing.

" You dont have to tell me. 1,200 people on the Illustrious is bad enough. The did some pretty bad damage, but without the staging ship, i've noticed there holding back a bit. Its definetley hurt them, and bought us some time.

We have to find a way of detecting these agents. "

Kawolsky threw the last of the Andorian brandy down his neck.

"I'm starting to think there isn't a way."  he replied  "It's been two months. Surely those scientists would have figured it out by now? "

cortez

[Medical Bay, Blaisdell Station]

Cortez strolled into the station's medical bay. After being exposed to space for nearly twenty minutes, Christopher had been undergoing medical tests for the past week. He had gone to check on him.

"Come on, flyboy!"  he joked  "You still here?"

Scott Bradley

Quote from: John Kawolsky on March 02, 2009, 07:32:23 PM

Kawolsky threw the last of the Andorian brandy down his neck.

"I'm starting to think there isn't a way."  he replied  "It's been two months. Surely those scientists would have figured it out by now? "

" Those lab rats usually do. Maybe their is no difference? hell maybe its just a tiny piece of sleeper program dna. All i know is, I'm glad we're behind the lines for a bit. "

Scott finished what was left of his sandwhich.

" Still, we're being kept busy.  the trials of the Orion raiders have finally came to court. I've got something to keep me busy. And you should get some rest to you know.

ship cant function without its captain. "

Alan Christopher

Quote from: Mike Cortez on March 02, 2009, 07:35:42 PM

Cortez strolled into the station's medical bay. After being exposed to space for nearly twenty minutes, Christopher had been undergoing medical tests for the past week. He had gone to check on him.

"Come on, flyboy!"  he joked  "You still here?"

Alan was still pretty weak from his time in space.

" Hey, you take a space walk and see how you feel. Couple of days in a bio bed feels pretty nice after that. "

cortez

Quote from: Alan Christopher on March 02, 2009, 07:40:28 PM

Alan was still pretty weak from his time in space.

" Hey, you take a space walk and see how you feel. Couple of days in a bio bed feels pretty nice after that. "

"No thanks."  Cortez laughed.  "When you getting out of here?"

Jethro Gibbs

[ICONIAN WAR - DAY 50]

David Webb was a new addition to the stations compliment of Marines, high command had felt that they were getting soft.  David had been transferred in from the training depot, were recruits learned to hate their Drill Sergeant.  But now he had a new task to undertake.

David walked into the room where Alpha Squad were waiting.

"Some of you may know me and some of you may not," Webb said projecting his voice across the room.  "For those of you who don't I am Staff Sergeant Webb.  If you are seeking something shorter you can call me Staff Sergeant,"

kawolsky

Quote from: Scott Bradley on March 02, 2009, 07:37:44 PM

" Those lab rats usually do. Maybe their is no difference? hell maybe its just a tiny piece of sleeper program dna. All i know is, I'm glad we're behind the lines for a bit. "

Scott finished what was left of his sandwhich.

" Still, we're being kept busy.  the trials of the Orion raiders have finally came to court. I've got something to keep me busy. And you should get some rest to you know.

ship cant function without its captain. "

Kawolsky let out a half-hearted laugh.

"You're kidding? It's taken them this long?"

He nodded to the bartender for another drink.

"Well, I hope they rot in jail for blowing up the Discovery!"

Isis Lokki

Quote from: Jacob Hannagan on March 02, 2009, 07:27:22 PM

Commander Hannagan had been back on the station for almost a week.  High Command had wanted anyone who knew the area back there, which cut short his tenure being in charge of all Security Forces on Earth.

But one thing had been bothering him for the last few months and he knew he would have to address the problem.

"Isis, I have something I need to say to you.  I don't think we are working out as boyfriend and girlfriend... Jacob said hoping Isis wouldn't jump the gun.

[Chief Medical Officer's Office, Blaisdell Station]

*Isis dropped the regenerative scope in her hand and looked at Jacob.*

"When did you get back? And wait... what do you mean?" She asked him not sure how to feel

Julien Brack

Quote from: David Webb on March 02, 2009, 07:46:16 PM

David Webb was a new addition to the stations compliment of Marines, high command had felt that they were getting soft.  David had been transferred in from the training depot, were recruits learned to hate their Drill Sergeant.  But now he had a new task to undertake.

David walked into the room where Alpha Squad were waiting.

"Some of you may know me and some of you may not," Webb said projecting his voice across the room.  "For those of you who don't I am Staff Sergeant Webb.  If you are seeking something shorter you can call me Staff Sergeant,"

[Marine Deck, Blaisdell Station]

Brack had been meaning to meet with the detachment commander for the station's marine compliment ever since he arrived, but something had always managed to come up. Now that he had the opportunity he was going to take it.

As the turbolift came to a standstill, he stepped out and began walking down the corridor to the office of the detachment commander. As he walked down, he passed one room - a briefing room - and something caught his attention. He stopped and looked in. A staff sergeant was briefing his men. Brack stood in the doorway listening in, watching him. He was impressed.

Jacob Hannagan

Quote from: Isis Lokki on March 02, 2009, 07:52:38 PM

*Isis dropped the regenerative scope in her hand and looked at Jacob.*

"When did you get back? And wait... what do you mean?" She asked him not sure how to feel

"A couple of days ago... I have been trying to work up the courage to ask you..." Jacob said nervously.

*Jacob took a deep breath and dropped to on his knee, he pulled something out of his pocket, like he had rehearsed this moment... which he had.*

"Isis, There are dark times ahead of us all, I want us to provide the light through our love, will you marry me?"

Isis Lokki

Quote from: Jacob Hannagan on March 02, 2009, 07:58:28 PM

"A couple of days ago... I have been trying to work up the courage to ask you..." Jacob said nervously.

*Jacob took a deep breath and dropped to on his knee, he pulled something out of his pocket, like he had rehearsed this moment... which he had.*

"Isis, There are dark times ahead of us all, I want us to provide the light through our love, will you marry me?"

*She looked down at the kneeling Jacob and tears began to well up in her eyes*

"I....I ... don't know what to say. I mean, like I wasn't even sure you were ever coming back. What's wrong with me, of course I will marry you. " she said with tears streaming down her face

Jethro Gibbs

Quote from: Julien Brack on March 02, 2009, 07:52:59 PM

[Marine Deck, Blaisdell Station]

Brack had been meaning to meet with the detachment commander for the station's marine compliment ever since he arrived, but something had always managed to come up. Now that he had the opportunity he was going to take it.

As the turbolift came to a standstill, he stepped out and began walking down the corridor to the office of the detachment commander. As he walked down, he passed one room - a briefing room - and something caught his attention. He stopped and looked in. A staff sergeant was briefing his men. Brack stood in the doorway listening in, watching him. He was impressed.

"High Command thinks you are getting soft, that you are forgetting the very essence of being a marine."  Staff Sergeant Webb looked over his men.  "'Semper Fi', 'always faithful'.  A marine needs to be faithful, to himself, to his fellow marine, to his brothers and sisters in arms and to the corp.  We do this by being better than the best we can be individually as a team."

Webb looked around and saw a Captain listening in at the door.

"Attention on deck!" Webb yelled causing the squad to raise and stand at Attention.

Webb turned and Saluted.

"May I be of assistance sir?"

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.