Truffle's Bar & Grill (Deck 226)

Started by Kyle Briggs, January 03, 2017, 05:00:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyle Briggs

Kyle walked in and looked around. He hadn't been in a Starbase bar since the explosion that had killed Jennifer Anderson. He smiled and headed for a table in a corner. This was a norm for him. He liked being able to see the entire place. He took a seat and was approached rather quickly by a waitress.

"What can I get you, handsome" she asked.

"How about a bottle of Jameson Gold Reserve?" he replied.

"And how many glasses?"

Kyle looked to his left and then his right before smiling and answering. "Just the one, Babe."

"Coming right up." she said with a grin as she turned and shook things a little harder then needed.

Kyle just shook his head and waited.

Shani

[Truffle's Bar and Grill]

Shani took one side of the booth. There was no one on the other. It became a breeding ground for drunken aliens alike to approach and fight over who got to occupy the space. Her gaze focused on nothing but the PADD and a shot of Andorian ale beside it. That deterred those who asked and annoyed those that remained.

One asked to touch her antenna at the beginning of the evening. He was rebuffed. The next one tried to reach for them to see if they were real - and then he was currently nursing head trauma in the base's sickbay. She somewhat found alien mating rituals appealing, but tonight was not the focus of her interest. That would be the schematics of the ship on her PADD.

Another human walked on by past her and sat directly behind her in his own table. Her right antenna twitched to accommodate the now occupied space. A waitress came and ignored her empty shot glass to flirt with the human male. It was extremely inefficient and irritating for someone who had a simple job of waiting on customers.

Her antenna twitched again when the waitress displayed her physical interest and walked past her. "Human courtship is so strange," she said aloud, her back still to him. "If you are not aware, the waitress is displaying her desire to mate with you. The intrigue is now over."

She was quite proud of herself for that. Now maybe she could get a refill on that drink.

Kyle Briggs

Quote from: Shani on January 03, 2017, 05:17:55 AM

"Human courtship is so strange. If you are not aware, the waitress is displaying her desire to mate with you. The intrigue is now over."

Kyle grinned as his eyes remained on the departing derriere of the waitress. "Yeah. I kind of caught that." he replied. "She's just working on a nice tip. Which means I can almost promise you that the intrigue is far from over." He then turned toward to look at the back of the Andorian that had just spoken. "What do you say? Wanna bet the next round on it?" he teased.

James H. Hawk

OOC NOTE: I posted on the wrong account, again. Just pretend it was from Alex Harmon. Don't delete it though so the thread still flows well.

[Bar]

Alex was relived that his long shift was finally over. He was glad to be back in the Security Department, which was normally slightly less boring than Operations. He decided that he might as well go grab a drink while he was off duty.

As he entered the Bar, he noticed a fairly attractive Andorian female and another human male sitting at the bar. Alex was feeling particularly social today so decided to approach them and sat down next to the Andorian. "I'll have a Vodka Martini, please," he order from the bartender. He overheard the Andorian mention intrigue and chuckled to himself thinking, Intrigue is my specialty. He didn't say it as he preferred to keep the fact that he was with Starfleet Intelligence secret.

Shani

Quote from: Kyle Briggs on January 03, 2017, 05:27:45 AM

Kyle grinned as his eyes remained on the departing derriere of the waitress. "Yeah. I kind of caught that." he replied. "She's just working on a nice tip. Which means I can almost promise you that the intrigue is far from over." He then turned toward to look at the back of the Andorian that had just spoken. "What do you say? Wanna bet the next round on it?" he teased.

"Turning courtship into a game is beneath me," Shani responded dryly, but she didn't refuse the offer. She canted her head and listened for the humor he was exuding. It was morbid curiosity that made her stand up and leave the booth. Teasing for nothing more than tips was something she thought only Orions did.

She sat down in an empty seat across from the human without asking. He offered, she to her quiet dismay accepted. "That waitress hasn't refilled my drink," she told him simply. "If you think you're attractive enough to warrant a repeat performance, I'll pay for the next round."

Quote from: James H. Hawk on January 03, 2017, 05:53:01 AM

As he entered the Bar, he noticed a fairly attractive Andorian female and another human male sitting at the bar. Alex was feeling particularly social today so decided to approach them and sat down next to the Andorian. "I'll have a Vodka Martini, please," he order from the bartender. He overheard the Andorian mention intrigue and chuckled to himself thinking, Intrigue is my specialty. He didn't say it as he preferred to keep the fact that he was with Starfleet Intelligence secret.

This time her left antenna twitched. Another human and his alarming taste in alcohol. "You are a lightweight." It wasn't an insult to the man - merely an observation. Alright, maybe a tad of an insult. Andorians took their drinks seriously, hence the ale.

Alex Harmon

Quote from: Shani on January 03, 2017, 06:00:25 AM

"Turning courtship into a game is beneath me," Shani responded dryly, but she didn't refuse the offer. She canted her head and listened for the humor he was exuding. It was morbid curiosity that made her stand up and leave the booth. Teasing for nothing more than tips was something she thought only Orions did.

She sat down in an empty seat across from the human without asking. He offered, she to her quiet dismay accepted. "That waitress hasn't refilled my drink," she told him simply. "If you think you're attractive enough to warrant a repeat performance, I'll pay for the next round."

This time her left antenna twitched. Another human and his alarming taste in alcohol. "You are a lightweight." It wasn't an insult to the man - merely an observation. Alright, maybe a tad of an insult. Andorians took their drinks seriously, hence the ale.

Alex smiled at the woman and wondered if he should be amused or insulted. He decided a little bit of both. "I may be a lightweight, but you look pretty skinny as well," he shot back thinking she was referring to his body weight. He soon realised that perhaps she was insulting him over his drink choice. "I could easily chug down that stuff your drinking," he said after finishing his vodka. "Could I have what she's having?" Alex asked the bartender.

When Alex managed to get a good look at the other man's face, he realised the man looked familiar. His first suspicion was that it was someone he had pissed off in the past as that was a rather long list but he soon decided he didn't know him that way. "Are you with Starfleet?" He inquired.

James H. Hawk's Alt

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.