Shani - Reporting In (01/01/17)

Started by Shani, January 02, 2017, 04:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shani

Character Details

Character Name: Shani (Tal'shani zh'Atrey)
Character Age: 26
Character DOB: Stardate 46365.2 (01/01/2369)
Character Image:

Character Species: Andorian
Character Family: Clan Atrey is a prominent family group that took great precedence in Andor. Her Zhavey and Charan parents were Federation diplomats while her Shreya and Thavan parents held high ranks in the Imperial Guard.
Character Bio:

Shani's birth was brought about by a pact between her four parents and partially named in honor by a commanding officer in memoriam. During a routine fly-by, their ship was commandeered by Orion pirates. An Orion Starfleet officer in espionage helped protect the Zhavey carrying their child at the cost of her own life. Shani grew up with the care and respect for Starfleet because of this, as her parents would continue to ingrain the tale of Lieutenant Shaniza's sacrifice.

She was recruited like all other prospective children for the Imperial Guard once she was old enough to pick up a weapon. Her cool attitude and calm resolve made her a desired pupil in her studies, both physically and tactically. After ranking second in the bi-annual tactical competition crossing the Khyzhon Sea with her unit, her leadership raised the attention many prospective bonding groups who sought more than genetic compatibility.

In her mid to late teens, she had completed her Time of Knowing - and recognized and accepted her three potential new bondmates while enrolled in the Andorian Starflight Training Institute. Shani was later given an unprecedented jump to the lieutenant commander rank in the Imperial Guard after graduating at the age of 21 and lacked the experience forged by years of actual field training. A routine skirmish with mercenaries turned into literal suicide mission to defend a colony caught in the crossfire. While successful in saving the colony, two of her bondmates perished during the nail-biting dogfight.

Her remaining mate permanently crippled and prospects of their impending bonding ceremony destroyed, Shani formally resigned from the Imperial Guard out of shame. She resolved to never return home or touch the command post again and worked off-planet for private corporations. One of her parents finally intervened before her military career spiraled down the drain by encouraging an enlistment into Starfleet instead.

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience: Plenty!
Department Preference: Flight
Secondary Department Preference: Tactical
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Commissioned

Sample post:

Before the problem manifested quickly between the irate human and his companion, Shani placed a firm hand on his shoulder, stilling him. "That's enough."

He turned to sneer, but then took a good look at her svelte form and leered. "You think you can order me around, sweetie? I think I'd like that."

Maybe the slight tilt of her head made her look receptive to him, but her cold stare was anything but. She was listening in an overloaded environment of sound and light. The clacking of pool balls, the flickering overhead lights, the secondhand jukebox skipping through a track list of tasteless music. None of that made her left antennae twitch except for his companion's uneven footsteps from behind.
Á£â,¬â,¬
Her other hand suddenly jut out and clenched hard around other man's throat before he could so much as dream about attacking. She held him up easily until nothing but his toes scraped the floor while he wheezed and sputtered under her unsympathetic fingers. Her other grip on the other human's shoulder tightened along equally to make him wince.
Á£â,¬â,¬
"I won't repeat myself a second time," she warned gently. "Collect your friend, pay the bar tab, and leave."
Á£â,¬â,¬
She flexed her grip on both men as a warning and then let go. Under her watchful gaze, they begrudgingly paid the bartender and then shuffled out. The bartender's eyes had bugged out the entire time until he eagerly gestured her over. "You Starfleet, ma'am?"

Shani turned. "What makes you think I am?"

"I got a checklist. Checked it twice. You've got that Starfleet twinkle, just ask ol' Santa here."

"I'm just here for a drink," she simply told him.

"So no? That's too bad. How Á¢â,¬Ëœbout you come back with a rank on that lovely shoulder and I'll give you a discount on the drinks!"

Her head tilted again. This time with consideration.

It was a very tempting offer.

Additional information: Stick me on a starbase if you can!

How did you find Shadow Fleet? This is Kali Reyes' alt!

Kirok

Shani,

A great application.

I can put you in the Flight Control Department on the Columbus!

Would you like to take the OTC or simply start as an Ensign (you can elect to take it or skip it as you have already passed the ETC ;-)

Please let us know,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Shani

Yeah, I can start as an Ensign. No need to put more on the Academy plate. :)

And the Columbus is fantastic, thanks!

Kirok

Great!

Please report to Luke Stafford and Dan Howell!

Kirok

PS - Are you also friends with Rosiuh Aviad?

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Shani

Smokin'!

If Rosiuh is who I think it is, he might be! Octavius said Rosiuh might join, but I didn't know his name until now.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.