Personal Log - Sven "Stryker" Aune

Started by stryker aune, December 27, 2018, 11:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stryker aune

Log entry 1

It's official, I've been appointed to the Athena. A refit Intrepid class ship. I'm not too sure how I feel about it. It's smaller, less crew. But like a small town, I'm reasonably sure that everyone will know everyone. Maybe that isn't a bad thing.

Well, it is. I'm sharing quarters with the enlisted crew. It's literally the size of a closet with two bunks a single chair and a terminal. And first impressions of my room mate. Not good. His name is John. He's loud, annoying and talks all the time. He won't leave me alone. I really can't stand small talk, and I really don't want to talk about my life history with a perfect stranger. What's worse, he wants to "hang-out."

Despite that, I've gotten into a routine. 0400 wake up, gym. 0600 get ready for my shift 0700 report to engineering. Do my job. 1700, shift ends, gym for cardio. 1800 dinner. 1900 free time. 2000 deal with John, go to bed. Repeat.

I will say though. I am impressed with the ship itself, and I'm exited to learn more about her systems.

Human male | Combat Engineer | 6'3" | 353 lbs | Profile | Character images

stryker aune

Log Entry 2.

So far, my assignment in engineering has been going well. I've been given the tedious task of scrubbing out the plasma manifolds. I suppose that chore goes to the newest member, but honestly I don't mind. Gives me a chance to see the EPS systems in a more up close and personal manner, and there is so much one can learn about a ship from tasks like this.

I was also given so tech manuals to read in my spare time. Have to say, it's about as bland as Plomak soup, and dry toast. But I am noting the system differences between this ship and other Intrepid class star ships.

Over all I think I'm getting the hang of things. John is still annoying. He talks me ear off, and now he wanted to work out with me. Not only is that a no, it's a hell no. The last thing I want to do in the gym is socialize. I go there to do my thing. And do it in peace. I had explained this to him.

Lo and behold, he showed up at the gym. He did leave me alone which was a surprise, but I couldn't help but notice his form. He's a mess, and he's going to hurt himself  So against better judgement, I told him I would go and give him a lesson on proper form and technique later tonight.

stryker aune

Log entry 3

[Sven's Quarters]

It seems, on the surface that I didn't piss off Captain Carter too much. I earned my first pip for exemplary duty when the ship was kidnapped. I didn't do too much, except guard a couple of people. Though that isn't exactly engineering, it was something that I could do to help during that crisis.

It worries me that this Q, his name is Ben Gunn has some sort of unhealthy infactuation with Carter. You would think that being omnipotent you would find better things to do with your time then make some person your personal play thing?

On another note. The XO sat down with me. Catheryn is tough as nails, but I can see her mother side. She tough and fair.

The chief of science, Ruth is very friendly. I wish I had the capacity to open up like the rest of the crew. In fact I'm pretty sure I've put out the operations officer. Susan, I believe. One more person I've alienated. What is wrong with me?

I met a crewman, well, he's more like an acquaintance. Alexander Graham. He's quiet, and I see a lot of similarities with him. I should talk to him.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.