Started by Steve Marshall, January 02, 2017, 01:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Marshall

This takes place on another site I write for

Star base 222
Medical Office, Section 2-A Level 23
Time 2200 hrs.

" No , No No?",

Arstone rubbed the sweat from his brow. He had been on shift over 14 hrs. It looked like it was not about to finish any time soon. Star base 222 was at in the region of space called the Anaus Expanse on the far edges of the Alpha quadrant. Early reports indicated that the Borg had swept through the region on their way to sector 001. But to today this was still just rumour.  Lance shifted across the room to a diagnostics table and entered a sample he was working on genetically  enhanced virus that was seeming to be sweeping the station right now. After a short scan the results came back again negative. " Ensign Craddock please report to lab one".

Matthew Craddock  was relieved for the change of environment as had been sat in Operations for the last 8 hrs and the lack of conversation had been getting to him to a point where he was humming to him self just to get a reaction from the others in the room that had failed miserably. Many of them in the room laughed "Craddock please stop the humming its starting to grind". He laughed and walked away from the room of people that were  in that lab. tobe fair he his shit was over for now any way he would be back on Beta shift tomorrow.  Lance seemed to get stuck in a mindset with the current condition.

" Come on people there has to be a reason this isn't working? " He exclaimed rubbing his head above his eyes /=^= Ensign Arstone please report the Ops center, Commanding officers Lounge.=^=/  "Great what now" he thought As he left he turned to the nearest doctor " Ensign Cladwell your in charge till i get beck" she replied cheerfully " Aye sire" with that he was gone the ops center was 12 decks up so he took the time to relax and regain his thoughts. The turbo lift took him directly to where was requested to be. As he expected the Ops center was brimming with people all busy doing the stations bidding's. Some one saw him arrive " Lance the boss is waiting to see you he will see you asap" Nodding his acceptance he rang the door chime and waited to be greeted he heard the come on and get your but in here now speech. " Ah Arstone. I am afraid I have some good news and some bad news for you"

Lance looked worried for second "like what" He said with a little contempt. Captain Lew smiled " Don't look so worried. You have been promoted to Chief Medical officer not here though on the USS Bastet for now you will remain at you current rank but thats not to say your new CO wont change that. It will be a sad thing to lose such a talented medic but I am sure that our loss is Bastet's gain. you have around 1hr till your shuttle departs. Good Luck Mr Arstone". With that Lance left time was ticking.

USS Bastet
Medical Department.

Lance had boarded the USS Bastet from Star Base 221. He was to end up as the Chief Medical Officer of the ship. A position of great importance to the mans career. A shuttle had be commandeered to take Ensign Lance Arstone to his new home and career. The Journey was uneventful as the Bastet was a few light years from the station. He had been told that the ship had completed its current mission. Lance was deep in deep sleep when he was gently awoken by the shuttle pilot " Sir we are approching the USS Bastet". Lance pulled him self awake, rubbing his eyes and stretching him self. " Thank you Crewman Kennedy a smooth flight" He gave the man a smile and once the shuttle had landed he got his gear and headed down to the ramp to his quarters.

As he departed the shuttle he took in surroundings the smells and the sounds. He noted as he was walking that people gave him a cursory look wondering who he was and what was he doing here on their ship. Lance was not dressed in uniform so he could under stand the reason of their suspicion. He found the deck that his room was situated on and he quickly stowed the gear that hand brought by hand. Other bits and bobs would be dropped to him later on for now he needed a shower and get into his uniform. Soon he had gotten him self ready to go to sick bay. He entered the room which was quiet other than the odd machine beeping and a cough of a crew man who was trying to get his breath back. Lance walked over to the man " Here drink this" as he handed him a glass of water. The man seemed to control his coughing. Lance took a look at his obs " Sorry I am Doctor Arstone the ships new Chief Medical Officer." The man looked a little more relaxed " Thank you Doctor I feel a little more better now".

Lance walked away from the man allowing him to rest he headed to the left of the room where he saw his office. It wasnt the biggest office he had been in but it was al his. He sat down in the chair and took stock of he was now looking after. He smiled and stood up stretched "this is the life I have finally made it". Lance took some time to get to where he was today. A place that others would say he never get to. But know he was the one who was laughing. Ensign Lance Arstone Chief Medical Officer USS Bastet. In years past Lance was concerned that he would ever reach the goal, his dream. He started to think back to his friends and family wondering what they would be doing doing now. It was around 12.PM and he started to feel hungry. The only down side of this was that he had not checked in with the Commanding officer yet or even got his access to the ships computer so for now he was stuck the hunger would have to wait for now.

Ensign Lance Arestone
Chief Medical Officer
USS Bastet

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.