Author Topic: The Least Favorite Star Trek Character - TOS - Round 1  (Read 804 times)

Offline Tess tLhoell

• Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • I-jol au, ciccino
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The Least Favorite Star Trek Character - TOS - Round 1
« on: May 13, 2020, 04:38:33 pm »
Hello and welcome!

The purpose of this little poll/game is to actually find out what the most favorite character in Star Trek is ... but in a reverse way.

We will be starting with The Original Series. As you have already noticed I made a poll with the main and recurring characters of said series. The question always remains the same ... pick your LEAST favorite character from the list. Each round one character gets 'eliminated' and will be scratched from the list in the next round. Each round will be a new poll. Until only two characters are left and that will then be the FINALE. The character that will get less votes there is the most favorite character of the series... at least on SF^^

I'm really curious to see if there will be some surprising results in the end!

I'm looking forward to this and hope we'll find some participants here.

- Tess :)

Species: Ba'ku
"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."
Tess' biography (updated Nov 14th, 2020) - Previous name: Tess Moreno

Offline Tess tLhoell

• Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • I-jol au, ciccino
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Least Favorite Star Trek Character - TOS - Round 1
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 08:05:20 am »
Hello!

So, I was thinking we could have a little bit of a discussion here maybe to explain why we chose the character we did.

I hope this topic here doesn't come across as negative. I thought it would be interesting to approach a topic like 'Who is your FAVORITE character' from the other side.

As I was looking through the list, there isn't really a character I really dislike. Even the female characters (something I personally generally have a problem with in the Star Trek series for some reason) are okay. Though since I had to pick one, it was Janice. Can't name a reason, really, I guess this is just a matter of 'I like the others even better'.

"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."

Offline Nira Said

• Command Level Officer
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 10:02:04 am »
For me, it's Nurse Chapel. Don't get me wrong, while she's fittingly played by Mrs. Roddenberry, I liked her better as the tipsy Lxwana Troi.
Acting Captain of the USS Revenant
Betazoid
"Reading the mind can be like reading a book at times. Sometimes it is a lot more preferable to skim the pages, but one needs to immerse himself or herself totally into it to discover the truth, if necessary."
NPC: Savar

Offline Tess tLhoell

• Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • I-jol au, ciccino
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 02:12:35 pm »
For me, it's Nurse Chapel. Don't get me wrong, while she's fittingly played by Mrs. Roddenberry, I liked her better as the tipsy Lxwana Troi.

Can't really disagree with that.

Offline Solluk

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Life is not endurable without a sense of humor.
  • Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Three year award Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 05:24:10 pm »
Sorry to be late at this.

My least favorite character from TOS was Riley.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Kevin_Riley

He had an irritating demeanor.  I can't put my finger on it, but he rubbed me the wrong way.  I also seem to remember an episode where he was singing annoyingly, probably the Naked Time.

He was only in a couple of episodes, but he was so memorable as an irritant I never forgot him.

Cheers!
My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Offline Tess tLhoell

• Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • I-jol au, ciccino
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 01:44:04 am »
Sorry to be late at this.

My least favorite character from TOS was Riley.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Kevin_Riley

He had an irritating demeanor.  I can't put my finger on it, but he rubbed me the wrong way.  I also seem to remember an episode where he was singing annoyingly, probably the Naked Time.

He was only in a couple of episodes, but he was so memorable as an irritant I never forgot him.

Cheers!

I recall Riley, he was on very few episodes, but I recall the episode best you mentioned where he was singing.
To be honest, I recall that I laughed about the singing very much when I watched the episode. Like, he would be heard across the whole ship through the speakers and interrupt the solution finding of Kirk and Spock with it. Back then I thought it was funny. But I can totally see why it would be annoying to others xD

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles