Coffee Catchup (Caleb and Catrin)

Started by Caleb Brighton, December 20, 2016, 05:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caleb Brighton

[Mess Hall]

Caleb arrived at the Mess Hall to meet Catrin for some coffee to catch up. Neither had known the other was on the same ship until there was a rather nasty fight between two engineering staff that wound them up in the sick bay. He was tending to injuries and Catrin was sent to deal with their dispute without violence between the two.

Caleb, notified Cat was already there, he smiled as he walked over. He had hoped that they would have a good amount of time to chat as he was on call."Hello Cat,"Caleb said with a smile.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Catrin Maddux

Cat perked up immediately as the doctor walked in. "Hello Caleb, it's nice seeing you out of Sick Bay for a change. Course I was tickled pink to find you aboard the Athena in the first place. Well not really pink, that would clash horribly with my hair, don't ya think?"

Her words tumbled out in a rushed cascade. The Academy had been ages ago, but he was the same as she remembered. They had a lot of catching up to do.

"Would have thought you'd have at least called me up to tell me the good news." She chided him, good-naturedly. The pot of coffee she ordered arrived just then, with 2 cups. She poured for the both of them, and waited for him to get situated.

Tell me your troubles and doubts. Giving me everything inside and out...

Caleb Brighton

Caleb chuckled at what she had said. He sat down and thanked her for pouring the first cup of coffee for the both of them. "To be completely honest, I was not told until the day I was assigned that I was going to be aboard the Athena... Haven't the foggiest idea why either." He began. " I am enjoying it here so far though. Already I have learned so much and it's all nothing I could have learned at academy. "

He then took a sip of his coffee. He'd much rather it be some form of booze as his nerves were shot as of late, but coffee was the second best thing. This was his first moment of leisure sans sleeping which he had very little of thanks to a nasty outbreak of sore throats that popped up. Despite that, he seemed to have found himself an early rhythm in his time at sickbay.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Catrin Maddux

Cat held her coffee cup with both hands, enjoying the warmth that radiated into her fingers. Good coffee required as much appreciation as good conversation. "Ain't that the truth. Sometimes the Fleet moves quick, other times you're up to your ears in paperwork. But I don't need to tell you that."

The counselor smiled and took her first sip of coffee. "I take it you've been burning the candle at both ends, so to speak. You could occasionally delegate, wouldn't want our 'Bright-star' burning out." She gave him a wink, as she used one of his old nicknames from the Academy.

"A little R&R would go a long way keeping you mentally healthy as you keep the rest of us physically healthy. As they say, 'Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.'" Sometimes work overlapped with free time, that was a fact she couldn't deny.

Catrin Maddux

Caleb had been silent for quite sometime, staring into his cup of coffee. She waved a hand in front of his face and snapped her fingers.

"Helloooo, ground control to Major Tom?"

She couldn't believe it, he managed to perfect sleeping with his eyes open. She laughed quietly and moved his cup away so he could lay his head down. Their talk could wait for a while.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.