Author Topic: [Christmas Minisode] Constellation Christmas!  (Read 26458 times)

Offline LK Reede

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • I live on a starship
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [Christmas Minisode] Constellation Christmas!
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2016, 07:49:13 pm »
"If you are not on duty, I think you have time to change" the Deltan said.  "I might even have something you could wear if you want"

LK looked down at her uniform, neatly pressed with the comm badge pinned exactly where it should be. Glancing back up, she said, "Naw. I'll just get out and mingle."

A Lt. Commander stepped next to the women and asked,
"Hello Ladies, having fun?"

"Hi Dan" Zex replied.  She offered a shrug and a half smile in response to his question.  "Do you have any plans for the holiday?" she asked curiously.

Cadet Reede nodded her response with a smile. This was the first officer if she remembered her short briefing ... was it only a couple of days ago? Then she waited for him to answer Zex's question. Maybe there were a few other things going on this Christmas holiday.

Offline Jamie McConnell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • I love you, my light
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2016, 01:28:48 am »
Promenade

It wasn't long before Jamie had the urge to take a walk and get something other than what was on her replicator menu.  When she had been on board the Columbus before, Cayden had taken her to an Earth style restaurant that specialized in steaks.  The problem was that Cayden never asked where the steaks came from and because they were so good he didn't seem to care.  Jamie was more suspicious but one taste had convinced her enough to enjoy and not care.  Still, she had taken a piece to study it....she kept the results to herself.

Yet, she decided to go to that restaurant for memories sake and well the steaks were really good.  However when she got there it turned out to be a Klingon restaurant.  Jamie sighed and crossed her arms.  She made a face as she was not a fan of Klingon food.  It reminded her of some of the things the natives if the Amazon used to eat. 

Jamie winced, shivered and wondered what she was going to eat now....

Human/Vulcan Hybrid
"Tis better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!"

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2016, 02:02:07 pm »
LK looked down at her uniform, neatly pressed with the comm badge pinned exactly where it should be. Glancing back up, she said, "Naw. I'll just get out and mingle."

Cadet Reede nodded her response with a smile. This was the first officer if she remembered her short briefing ... was it only a couple of days ago? Then she waited for him to answer Zex's question. Maybe there were a few other things going on this Christmas holiday.

[Bar]

"OK" Zex replied lightly.  She let her search the crowd for a moment.  Then they landed on Dr. McConnell.

Promenade

It wasn't long before Jamie had the urge to take a walk and get something other than what was on her replicator menu.  When she had been on board the Columbus before, Cayden had taken her to an Earth style restaurant that specialized in steaks.  The problem was that Cayden never asked where the steaks came from and because they were so good he didn't seem to care.  Jamie was more suspicious but one taste had convinced her enough to enjoy and not care.  Still, she had taken a piece to study itÂ….she kept the results to herself.

Yet, she decided to go to that restaurant for memories sake and well the steaks were really good.  However when she got there it turned out to be a Klingon restaurant.  Jamie sighed and crossed her arms.  She made a face as she was not a fan of Klingon food.  It reminded her of some of the things the natives if the Amazon used to eat. 

Jamie winced, shivered and wondered what she was going to eat nowÂ….

[Bar]

"Season greeting, Dr. McConnell" Zex said from across the way.  She lift a hand to make sure the good doctor saw her.  Given that she was only 5'4" it was a definite possibility.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Hust Kinun

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who are always online and posting.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2016, 05:15:19 pm »
[Klingon Resturant]

Hust finished his meal, and looked over. He cringed a bit inside when he saw the dual blue uniforms of Doctors Zex and McConnell. He looked for a way to swing past, but found no way. He had been skipping out on the therapy sessions and checkups that had been ordered onto him... but so far they hadn't tracked him down. With both of them here, however, he didn't know if he could slip by again. He simply sat back in the booth and waited. If he was going to get a chewing-out, it'd be here. Hopefully he wouldn't get caught by both of them at once. He ordered another synthehol and drank it slowly, relaxing as best he could. The tremors in his hands had started up again, the drug wearing on his body. But he managed to control them well enough- it shouldn't give him away yet.
Ex-Starfleet Lawyer (Disgraced)
Alt of Dylan Torngate.

Offline Vem, son of Motag

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Today is NOT a good day to die.
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2016, 08:37:01 pm »

Vem, Son of Motag
Federation Humanitarian Chaplain
Homeopathic Doctor

Offline Jamie McConnell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • I love you, my light
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2016, 12:40:19 am »

[Bar]

"OK" Zex replied lightly.  She let her search the crowd for a moment.  Then they landed on Dr. McConnell.

[Bar]

"Season greeting, Dr. McConnell" Zex said from across the way.  She lift a hand to make sure the good doctor saw her.  Given that she was only 5'4" it was a definite possibility.

Promenade - Klingon Restaurant

Human/Vulcan Hybrid
"Tis better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!"

Offline Daniel Howell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Engineer - U.S.S. Shran
  • Three year award Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2016, 12:19:43 pm »
"Hi Dan" Zex replied.  She offered a shrug and a half smile in response to his question.  "Do you have any plans for the holiday?" she asked curiously.

Klingon Bar
"Not really, just thought i'd hang around for a few days, mix with the crew and spend Christmas day in my quarters." He replied to Zex's question. It was a question he had been asked so many times already, he had actually lost count, but oh well, at least Dan knew what he was going to be doing.

He then turned his attention the Cadet Reede, who he had not formally met yet, this wasn't exactly the time for formal meetings, but he felt it necessary to introduce himself, in a relaxing fashion at that "Lieutenant Commander Daniel Howell, First Officer. But for the duration of the Christmas period, feel free to call me Josh, unless a more superior officer is present." He finished with a smile, whilst holding out his hand.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Offline Sevoc

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • That is most illogical...
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to the new arrival who displays the most effort and ability.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2016, 05:45:11 pm »
[Operations - Science Station]

Stafford's hip was absolutely killing him. He had told himself that he was going to do without the cane, to force his muscles, ligaments and joints to adapt. But it was hard going.

"Ensign Sevoc," The captain said when he entered. "How are you holding up?"

The Andorian and Vulcan hybrid had been one of the first victims of last month's zombie phage. None of the affected crew, not members of the senior staff like Sevoc or Hust Kinun, seemed too worse for the wear. But it never hurt to ask.

"I brought you an Andorian ale from the food cart down on the Promenade," Stafford said, offering the ensign a tankard. "We're having ourselves a little party down there. Kind of an impromptu get together, if you're interested."

[Operations - Science Station]

"Thank you, Captain," Sevoc replied. "I am 'holding up' adequately. But if you would like full disclosure, I have been feeling a few residual effects from my infection. There have been a few bouts with insomnia, but I am working through it."

It took a bit to admit that, but he knew the captain would appreciate the honesty.

"And as for joining the rest of the crew, I will make way done shortly. It has long been believed that social interactions help with events like I have experienced."

So that would make me a blue-blooded hobgoblin?
Alt for Leo

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2016, 06:16:04 pm »
[Ops - Science Station]

"Appreciate the sit-rep, ensign." Stafford told the other man. "You need any help at all don't hesitate to ask."

When Sevoc said that he would join the party the captain nodded.

"That wasn't an order, ensign. Just making you aware." He smiled. "Well, I have to be off. Think I'll swing in on Chief Tritter and surprise his kids with some presents. It's...been a while since I've given a kid a Christmas present."

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2016, 12:18:05 am »
Klingon Bar
"Not really, just thought i'd hang around for a few days, mix with the crew and spend Christmas day in my quarters." He replied to Zex's question. It was a question he had been asked so many times already, he had actually lost count, but oh well, at least Dan knew what he was going to be doing.

He then turned his attention the Cadet Reede, who he had not formally met yet, this wasn't exactly the time for formal meetings, but he felt it necessary to introduce himself, in a relaxing fashion at that "Lieutenant Commander Daniel Howell, First Officer. But for the duration of the Christmas period, feel free to call me Josh, unless a more superior officer is present." He finished with a smile, whilst holding out his hand.

[Bar]

Zex returned a smile to Vem.  "See you later" she said to Dr. McConnell.  Then she turned her attention back to Dan.

"Oh, that sounds nice" the Deltan commented.  Then she turned to LK.  "How about you, you have any plans?" she asked.

Offline Ashley Weir

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2016, 07:48:01 am »
[Quarters]

Ashley wasn't one that typically did social things. It wasn't really that she was shy, but most of her life she simply couldn't go out and be around a lot of people at once. It was about time things changed though. She looked in her mirror and let out a small sigh. She had put on a red dress she hadn't worn since before she'd joined Starfleet. It wasn't that she didn't like the way she looked, she just wasn't use to being out of uniform. After a moment she finally nodded to herself realizing she was just procrastinating at this point.

[Bar]

The doors opened to frame the woman. She was certainly nervous, but she shoved that to the back of her mind as she walked up to the bar. She had no idea what to order, she didn't drink at all. She wasn't against it, but again, she just didn't really get out that much. There were a few other people at the bar, but unsurprisingly there was no one she knew.

Offline Hust Kinun

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who are always online and posting.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2016, 05:16:22 pm »
[Klingon Restaurant]

With half of the medical cadre gone, Hust got up and went to the bar, paying his tab and talking with the barkeep. He was putting on a guise of being normal, and was also talking to the bartender- a participant in the Klingon Opera that Mr. Kovermana had complained about earlier. He informed the barkeep, who laughed aloud, as he spoke. "This Bolian was complaining about Shevok'tah Gish? Bah! He doesn't know good music!" he said, shaking his head as he turned back to the bar. Hust sighed. "Yes, he was. I told him it wasn't a good idea but he seemed hell-bent on bringing down the Empire with this."

The barkeep scoffed, before moving on to other things, still grumbling about how the Bolian didn't like music. Thankfully, he hadn't given the Bolian's name, and there were plenty of blue-skinned Bolians on the station so both sides had nothing to fear. At least they hadn't been singing the song of the Great Tribble Hunt.
Ex-Starfleet Lawyer (Disgraced)
Alt of Dylan Torngate.

Offline LK Reede

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • I live on a starship
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2016, 07:09:58 pm »

Accepting the proffered handshake, LK took his hand in a firm grip. "Good to meet you, Cmdr Howell... err, Josh. Not quite sure I can get used to that. We were drilled pretty furiously about rank at the academy."

A yell went up from a corner of the crowded bar. LK's attention was diverted to the sound and she frowned at the loudness. Then again, this was a Klingon bar and blood wine was flowing pretty freely. AND it was Christmas. She asked, "Do Klingons celebrate Christmas?"
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 07:11:03 pm by LK Reede »

Offline LK Reede

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • I live on a starship
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2016, 09:47:39 pm »
Then she turned to LK.  "How about you, you have any plans?" she asked.

LK was surprised by the question. She shouldn't have been. It was what everyone was asking.

"Just hanging out," she replied to Zex. "It's the season for holiday cheer and companionship." Shrugging her shoulders in an effort to loosen up, LK continued, "I grew up in a house full of people. It's hard to stay in my little room with no one to talk to."

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2016, 12:40:20 am »
LK was surprised by the question. She shouldn't have been. It was what everyone was asking.

"Just hanging out," she replied to Zex. "It's the season for holiday cheer and companionship." Shrugging her shoulders in an effort to loosen up, LK continued, "I grew up in a house full of people. It's hard to stay in my little room with no one to talk to."

[Bar]

"Ah" Zex replied.  She nodded her head in agreement.  She still was not feeling very festive, but smiled anyway.

[Quarters]

Ashley wasn't one that typically did social things. It wasn't really that she was shy, but most of her life she simply couldn't go out and be around a lot of people at once. It was about time things changed though. She looked in her mirror and let out a small sigh. She had put on a red dress she hadn't worn since before she'd joined Starfleet. It wasn't that she didn't like the way she looked, she just wasn't use to being out of uniform. After a moment she finally nodded to herself realizing she was just procrastinating at this point.

[Bar]

The doors opened to frame the woman. She was certainly nervous, but she shoved that to the back of her mind as she walked up to the bar. She had no idea what to order, she didn't drink at all. She wasn't against it, but again, she just didn't really get out that much. There were a few other people at the bar, but unsurprisingly there was no one she knew.

[Bar]

"Hi" Zex said to the woman she had seen before, but never formally met.  "I'm Zex, Medical Officer.  Would you car to join us?" she asked.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles