Author Topic: Personal Log - Jettis Jyur  (Read 2010 times)

Offline Jettis Jyur

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • Just this once, Rose, Everybody lives!
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to members who have contributed to the site by creating missions within the past 6 months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Personal Log - Jettis Jyur
« on: November 28, 2016, 05:42:01 pm »
[Computer, Begin Recording]

Personal log, stardate 71907.8
Well, I've started settling in to being on the Discovery. As well as one can settle, anywho. I certainly arrived with a bang.

What am I even supposed to put in these things? I mean, I could spill my guts out, but I'd probably get hospitalized less than a week after I came aboard. Or at the very least have to go through another Psych Eval. No thank you.

So that rules out most of my life, what is there to talk about?

....Theresa, I suppose. She's six now, can you believe it? Or rather, can I believe it, since I'm talking to myself. [He reaches off-screen, picking up an unseen picture]

I remember when she was only just born... [chuckles] I had to race back to Earth when I heard. Speaking of that, damn Klingons are impossible to negotiate a deal with if you desperately need a ride.

Anyway, I'm rambling on. I'm only keeping this because the Counselor suggested it. She didn't say I needed to tell my entire life story. Just to make a short daily entry. [He sarcastically spreads his arms out in a shrug] Well here's my daily entry.

[End Log]

Offline Jettis Jyur

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to members who have contributed to the site by creating missions within the past 6 months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Personal Log - Jettis Jyur
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 12:37:45 am »
[Video Transmission logged 71916.8]

Jettis: Hey! Sweetheart!

[A child bounces into frame excitedly]

Theresa: Daaaaddy! [squeals] Guess what today is!
Jettis: Hmm.... Thursday?
Theresa: Noooo silly!
Jettis: December first?
Theresa: Nuh-uh!
Jettis: [chuckles] I'm kidding, I know what today is. It's your birthday! The little fairy princess is turning seven.
Theresa: [nods, bouncing on toes] Yeah! And it's almost time for my party too! All my friends are coming over.
[Approaching barking, as Ida races into frame, covered in glittery]
Jettis: [strangled laughter] Oh my, what happened to you, poor girl? Let me guess, Reese, you were playing dress up in your favourite sparkly blue dress?
Theresa: [nods] Mhm! It fit on Ida too, so I let her play dress-up. She kept almost tripping in the shoes though. I think momma took a picture, she can send ya it!
Jettis: Figures, well -
[Cut off by someone in the distance yelling indistinctly]
Jettis: Looks like you have a party to get to. I hope you like the present I sent.
Theresa: You sent me a present!? Thank you, daddy! I love it already. [giggles and claps]
Jettis: You're welcome, sweetheart, I hope you do. I'll talk to you very soon, okay?
Theresa: Okay! I love you!
Jettis: I love you too, Theresa.

[End video transmission recording]

Offline Jettis Jyur

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Personal Log - Jettis Jyur
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 01:46:23 pm »

[Computer, begin recording]

Personal log, Stardate 71929.7. [long exhale]

Well, I missed about a week's worth of logs, the Counselor will be pleased. Not that there was anything spectacular to chat about. Get up, go to shift, come home, read a book. Maybe talk to Lani and Theresa. Maybe have a drink or two. Oh, and I set up a gym program on the holodeck, with all my custom weights I had at home. There you go, my entire week in three seconds. Nothing exciting or scandalous.

So what should I talk about today? [he reaches over to shuffle some papers] Nothing to talk about. I was just going over my notes of the first time I met a Klingon. [chuckles] My Kingonese was not as fluent back then as it is now. That was rough. [grimaces, shrugging shoulders]
I really meant to say 'I'm just passing by' but uh... Well... I may have called his sister a whore. Or something along those lines. Let's say I had to get a Paramedic to snap my jaw back into place. I held my own though, almost had him.

... No, I didn't. But I did get to apologize with him later. We had a laugh over that.

I guess that's all I have to say, I have a shift soon. Maybe tomorrow I'll actually get this in on time.

[End log]

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles