News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

Tony Todd

Started by Klizh, November 07, 2016, 02:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klizh

So y'all know of Tony Todd, the man behind the Fallen (of which he was not a fan) and Prime Dreadwing (which he liked much better). I met him back in June at Phoenix Comicon, and had a pretty cool chat with him. Now I'm not one to worship celebrity, but I had been dying to know if he had actually been in the Zoom costume during the second season of Flash (nope, sorry) and wanted to talk Trek with him a bit. At the end, he told me I ought to be a writer, before I told him I already am one. So the man's got some powers of observation.

Well he came back to Arizona again this weekend for Tucson Comic-Con, and I think I struck up a friendship with him. I found him and his wife hanging shopping around in a ocal game store's booth, and I recommended "Gloom" to him. He also made me join Twitter so he could follow me, and stopped by to sit in my club's captain's chair and take pictures with us. But that's not the coolest thing, at least to me personally. See, on Sunday I was wearing my Fourth Doctor cosplay, and he was really impressed with my scarf--which I knitted myself, along with a few more to sell at the convention. And so, he bought my 3/4-scale scarf.

That's right, Kurn is just a big ol' dork like the rest of us. :D

"Here is the blackness of space, the myriad stars gleaming like diamond dust or, as some people would say, like great balls of exploding hydrogen a very long way off. But then, some people would say anything." - Terry Pratchett

Malcolm Adeyemi

Cool story, K'Lizh!

Tony Todd has my love for Trek, but he also scared the pants off of me in Candyman. That movie utterly terrified me as a kid, probably should not have been allowed to watch it.

He was also in the Rock! I'm glad he's a nicer fellow in person than some of the characters he has portrayed.

Which person is you on your Twitter photo?

Klizh

Quote from: Luke Stafford on November 07, 2016, 03:00:26 PM

Cool story, K'Lizh!

Tony Todd has my love for Trek, but he also scared the pants off of me in Candyman. That movie utterly terrified me as a kid, probably should not have been allowed to watch it.

He was also in the Rock! I'm glad he's a nicer fellow in person than some of the characters he has portrayed.

Which person is you on your Twitter photo?

I'm the Caitian in front, of course. ;) Playing K'lizh motivated me to finally do a Caitian cosplay.

"Here is the blackness of space, the myriad stars gleaming like diamond dust or, as some people would say, like great balls of exploding hydrogen a very long way off. But then, some people would say anything." - Terry Pratchett

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.