It's a Mess in Here [Dylan/Ash]

Started by Dylan Torngate, October 03, 2016, 01:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Ashlynn Ren Morgaine on December 05, 2016, 07:19:37 PM

[Messy Mess Hall Messes]

"Oh. Yeah..." A barely noticeable blush came to her cheeks as she found herself stuck talking about herself. It wasn't something that she was used to. "It's not much of a story really. Back home my parents ran the library, so I literally grew up surrounded by books. After school, I took a job there. I was pretty good at it, and I was happy, I guess. I probably would have ended up becoming head librarian and taking over one day if I hadn't left..." Ash trailed off, unsure how interested Dylan really was. She was surprised (yet again) by how easy it was to talk to him. She almost hoped he'd ask her to continue.

Dylan prompted her for further assembly instructions, and her mouth dropped open a little as her eyes widened in surprise at him. "Boss? As if! I'm sure you know more than I do!" She felt a small laugh bubble past her lips and shook her head a little as she went ahead and looked over the remaining parts anyways. "Well... We know what to do with the main skeleton of each shelf. All that leaves really are the supports and decorative bits to figure out. If we get the main frames set up and assembled where they're meant to go, the supports will be self explanatory... And the decorations we can figure out from what's left. It's pretty size specific, so we should be able to match it up to the correct shelves easily enough..." Ash looked at Dylan for confirmation. She knew she was glossing over a lot of little steps, but common sense could probably figure them out when needed.

[Mess]

Dylan laughed a bit as she stumbled over her words. He then settled down when she told her story about her past. "Seems you had what most would call a normal childhood." he said, with a smile. When she trailed off, he sat back and looked at her again. "No, go on. You can't just stop there!" he exclaimed, fake pouting about her stopping.

He followed her directions, the project taking form as he worked. He had a general idea as to what to do when, but he let her take lead, not giving her any indications yes or no. "Well if that's what you think. We'll make an engineer out of you yet!" He said, grinning. "What's next?"

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on December 06, 2016, 03:50:21 PM

[Mess]

Dylan laughed a bit as she stumbled over her words. He then settled down when she told her story about her past. "Seems you had what most would call a normal childhood." he said, with a smile. When she trailed off, he sat back and looked at her again. "No, go on. You can't just stop there!" he exclaimed, fake pouting about her stopping.

He followed her directions, the project taking form as he worked. He had a general idea as to what to do when, but he let her take lead, not giving her any indications yes or no. "Well if that's what you think. We'll make an engineer out of you yet!" He said, grinning. "What's next?"

[Mess Hall]

Ash giggled a little at Dylan's antics, and shifted back into a more comfortable position. She was kind of close to Dylan - close enough that their legs were brushing, but Ash didn't really feel like moving. "Yeah right. 'Normal.' Other than my brother I didn't really have friends. You're actually one of the first. I always just buried myself in books." Ash turned to Dylan with a light shining in her eyes. "I really loved the old classics - tales of grand adventure, you know? I read them as if they were the oxygen I needed to breathe. Not that they were the only thing I read. I wanted to see what the world had to offer and learn everything I could..."

It was then Ash closed her eyes with a sigh. "But 'The world is not in your books and maps. It's out there.'" She pulled the quote off the top of her head effortlessly before continuing. "I dunno... I guess one day I just realized I couldn't stay there the rest of my life - as nice as it would have been. I've spent too long just reading about these things. I wanted to see the universe and experience things for myself. Learn as much as I could about anything I could... So I packed my things one night and left." She shrugged, dropping her gaze to her hands in her lap. "I figured the easiest way to travel would be by starship, and next thing I know I'm on the Athena and in charge of a mess hall for God knows why... I've definitely found the adventure I've been looking for, but... sometimes I can't help but wonder if I'm cut out for this. I'm not qualified or skilled or anything - I'm just me..."

Ash shook her head and exhaled before looking back at Dylan. "Sorry. I'm probably boring you. I just don't get to talk about anything that often. Feel free to ignore me." She hadn't expected her worries to just slip out like that, and she was suddenly feeling slightly insecure as a result.

"An engineer, huh? That could be useful. But, ugh, then you'd be my boss." She stuck her tongue out at him so that he'd know she was kidding. "After that, all that would be left is to secure everything with our handy box of tools, then if everything looks right, secure the shelves to the wall. And then begin the slow process of putting everything away." She offered up a small smile. "I really do appreciate your help. You've made an impossible task much more manageable."

Dylan Torngate

[Messy Messy Mess]

Dylan worked on as he listened to her. He enjoyed listening to her... something about her voice was a calming thing he could concentrate on as he worked. "Well, you had closer to normal than I did!" he said, smiling. "I didn't enter a planet's gravity until I was already able to walk. Past then, I think even!"

He listened to her as she started to wallow into a self pity party. He stopped work and patted her on the shoulder. "Hey, you've done great thus far, for someone who doesn't know what they're doing. I would almost say that you know what you're doing!" he said, his logical circular but it didn't matter. "Anyways, you've been through a lot- and you've proven you're able to take care of yourself. At least, provided you have kitchenware on standby... like that dented frying pan."

He shook his head when she told him he could ignore her. "Why would I ignore you? I'm getting to know you so well. Plus, it's nice to listen for once instead of always having to talk and organize things."

"As if I'm such a bad boss." he said, with a comic fake pout. He thought he was doing ok, and nobody had tried to rip his head off yet, so he'd count this as a success thus far. "Works for me. We'll finish this job up right and then, well, who knows what! And don't mention it, it's a pleasure to help here. This is much better than paperwork, trust me." He tightened another bolt down, about three quarters done with the framework of the shelves.

Shadow Fleet

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on December 19, 2016, 06:47:34 PM

[Messy Messy Mess]

Dylan worked on as he listened to her. He enjoyed listening to her... something about her voice was a calming thing he could concentrate on as he worked. "Well, you had closer to normal than I did!" he said, smiling. "I didn't enter a planet's gravity until I was already able to walk. Past then, I think even!"

He listened to her as she started to wallow into a self pity party. He stopped work and patted her on the shoulder. "Hey, you've done great thus far, for someone who doesn't know what they're doing. I would almost say that you know what you're doing!" he said, his logical circular but it didn't matter. "Anyways, you've been through a lot- and you've proven you're able to take care of yourself. At least, provided you have kitchenware on standby... like that dented frying pan."

He shook his head when she told him he could ignore her. "Why would I ignore you? I'm getting to know you so well. Plus, it's nice to listen for once instead of always having to talk and organize things."

"As if I'm such a bad boss." he said, with a comic fake pout. He thought he was doing ok, and nobody had tried to rip his head off yet, so he'd count this as a success thus far. "Works for me. We'll finish this job up right and then, well, who knows what! And don't mention it, it's a pleasure to help here. This is much better than paperwork, trust me." He tightened another bolt down, about three quarters done with the framework of the shelves.

[A Mess of a Mess]

Ash grinned at Dylan's mention of his own childhood. "Really? Sounds like there's a story waiting to be told there." Her curiosity was piqued, and she hoped that he'd enlighten her a little bit. She didn't quite know what it was, but something about him was comforting to her, and she wanted to get to know him better if she had the chance.

As Dylan attempted to comfort her, she kept her eyes on her hands in her lap - even as a small smile pulled at her lips from his efforts. She was mostly embarrassed with herself for letting her insecurities slip out. Under normal circumstances, she didn't like admitting them to herself, much less to other people. She was pulled out of her worry, however, by Dylan's kitchenware comment and ended up giggling in spite of herself. "Frying pans are my new favorite kitchen tool. Perfect for versatile cooking and self-defense!.. I was surprised how easily that one dented, really. I didn't think I had hit him that hard!"

At his next comment, Ash visibly relaxed a little. "Well, as long as you're sure you can stand me..."  She stuck her tongue out in a teasing manner, then continued in a more sincere tone. "I'm really glad that we became friends." Before she could really think about what she was doing, she leaned over and pulled Dylan into a tight hug. After a moment, she loosened her grip and leaned back a little with a blush creeping up her face, worried about how Dylan might respond.

"Why don't you show me what I can do to help? Once you've got the frames done, we'll have a lot of the decorative parts to attach, and it'll go faster if we're both working on it."

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Ashlynn Ren Morgaine on December 20, 2016, 11:53:55 PM

[A Mess of a Mess]

Ash grinned at Dylan's mention of his own childhood. "Really? Sounds like there's a story waiting to be told there." Her curiosity was piqued, and she hoped that he'd enlighten her a little bit. She didn't quite know what it was, but something about him was comforting to her, and she wanted to get to know him better if she had the chance.

As Dylan attempted to comfort her, she kept her eyes on her hands in her lap - even as a small smile pulled at her lips from his efforts. She was mostly embarrassed with herself for letting her insecurities slip out. Under normal circumstances, she didn't like admitting them to herself, much less to other people. She was pulled out of her worry, however, by Dylan's kitchenware comment and ended up giggling in spite of herself. "Frying pans are my new favorite kitchen tool. Perfect for versatile cooking and self-defense!.. I was surprised how easily that one dented, really. I didn't think I had hit him that hard!"

At his next comment, Ash visibly relaxed a little. "Well, as long as you're sure you can stand me..."  She stuck her tongue out in a teasing manner, then continued in a more sincere tone. "I'm really glad that we became friends." Before she could really think about what she was doing, she leaned over and pulled Dylan into a tight hug. After a moment, she loosened her grip and leaned back a little with a blush creeping up her face, worried about how Dylan might respond.

"Why don't you show me what I can do to help? Once you've got the frames done, we'll have a lot of the decorative parts to attach, and it'll go faster if we're both working on it."

[Moss]

He smiled as she giggled away, glad she was enjoying herself. "Either you're stronger than you know or Klingons have very solid skulls. Or both."

He was unprepared for her next action, but didn't protest too much. He ended up hugging her back, "I'm glad we got to know each other too." he said, smiling. He was also a little red in the face but he was managing to control it.

"Well... I don't know about interesting." he said, and sat the tools down as he laid back a bit. "I was born and raised in space- I was born on the freighters doing runs around the Federation. I never even entered a planet's gravity until I was around eight. Spent a lotta time on the S.S. Tranquility. Grew up learning the tricks of the trade for Engineering on top of regular education... spent more time around the warp drive than I care to admit." he said, grinning. It'd been awhile since he had recollected on his time on freighters. He'd been on track to be Chief of Engineering on one of them... if they hadn't bit spacedust. "Of course, that changed when our freighter was destroyed." he said that last bit with an element of finality- a definate "I Don't want to talk about that part" to his tone.

"After that, My father and I settled on Cestus III. Good little planet. Got a baseball team too, which I joined." he said, smiling again. He was dumping a lot of his life in little chunks and oversimplifications, but it was pretty complete nonetheless. "After that- went to the Academy and ended up... let's see..." he thought, thinking of his experiances spaceside.

"My training cruise was on the USS Chin'Toka, but she's been put into mothballs now. She was a Sovereign class ship. Next was the Phoenix, then the Athena here. It's kept me busy." he said, before stopping talking.

"Well hang on, let me just finish up this last bit of the structure." he said, indicating a few parts left.

Shadow Fleet

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on December 22, 2016, 01:33:19 PM

[Moss]

He smiled as she giggled away, glad she was enjoying herself. "Either you're stronger than you know or Klingons have very solid skulls. Or both."

He was unprepared for her next action, but didn't protest too much. He ended up hugging her back, "I'm glad we got to know each other too." he said, smiling. He was also a little red in the face but he was managing to control it.

"Well... I don't know about interesting." he said, and sat the tools down as he laid back a bit. "I was born and raised in space- I was born on the freighters doing runs around the Federation. I never even entered a planet's gravity until I was around eight. Spent a lotta time on the S.S. Tranquility. Grew up learning the tricks of the trade for Engineering on top of regular education... spent more time around the warp drive than I care to admit." he said, grinning. It'd been awhile since he had recollected on his time on freighters. He'd been on track to be Chief of Engineering on one of them... if they hadn't bit spacedust. "Of course, that changed when our freighter was destroyed." he said that last bit with an element of finality- a definate "I Don't want to talk about that part" to his tone.

"After that, My father and I settled on Cestus III. Good little planet. Got a baseball team too, which I joined." he said, smiling again. He was dumping a lot of his life in little chunks and oversimplifications, but it was pretty complete nonetheless. "After that- went to the Academy and ended up... let's see..." he thought, thinking of his experiances spaceside.

"My training cruise was on the USS Chin'Toka, but she's been put into mothballs now. She was a Sovereign class ship. Next was the Phoenix, then the Athena here. It's kept me busy." he said, before stopping talking.

"Well hang on, let me just finish up this last bit of the structure." he said, indicating a few parts left.

[Hess Mall]

When Dylan returned her hug, Ash threw aside her earlier reservations and gave him the type of "slightly-overenthusiastic-but-entirely-endearing" hug that her brother always teased her for. When they pulled away, she was thrilled to see Dylan smiling (and blushing ever so slightly) as well. She lingered for perhaps a second or two longer than normal before reclining back into her sitting position again, but she doubted Dylan noticed.

She hugged her legs to her chest and balanced her head on her knees as she listened to him speak. She didn't interrupt or say anything, but instead listened with rapt attention. She could have asked tons of questions - they were all on the tip of her tongue - but she chose instead to save them for another time. Otherwise, they'd never get anything done. When he finished, Ash leaned over and bumped shoulders with him, smiling as she said, "See? Definitely interesting. I'd even go so far as to call it 'exciting.' I'm sure that was more enthralling than several books I've read in the past."

"Fiiiiiine, slowpoke." She stuck her tongue out at him before standing. "Just let me know when you're ready for me. I'll grab us something to drink." She made her way over to the kitchen, stepping over boxes and chairs, then returned moments later with a thermos of coffee and a couple mugs.

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Ashlynn Ren Morgaine on December 23, 2016, 03:00:38 AM

[Hess Mall]

When Dylan returned her hug, Ash threw aside her earlier reservations and gave him the type of "slightly-overenthusiastic-but-entirely-endearing" hug that her brother always teased her for. When they pulled away, she was thrilled to see Dylan smiling (and blushing ever so slightly) as well. She lingered for perhaps a second or two longer than normal before reclining back into her sitting position again, but she doubted Dylan noticed.

She hugged her legs to her chest and balanced her head on her knees as she listened to him speak. She didn't interrupt or say anything, but instead listened with rapt attention. She could have asked tons of questions - they were all on the tip of her tongue - but she chose instead to save them for another time. Otherwise, they'd never get anything done. When he finished, Ash leaned over and bumped shoulders with him, smiling as she said, "See? Definitely interesting. I'd even go so far as to call it 'exciting.' I'm sure that was more enthralling than several books I've read in the past."

"Fiiiiiine, slowpoke." She stuck her tongue out at him before standing. "Just let me know when you're ready for me. I'll grab us something to drink." She made her way over to the kitchen, stepping over boxes and chairs, then returned moments later with a thermos of coffee and a couple mugs.

[Mall of America Starfleet]

Dylan quickly worked as finished as she returned with coffee. He yawned, not realizing how much he still wasn't awake. He downed two glasses before he looked up again, smiling with a wicked grin.

He finished the work, and looked over to her. "Ready, jackrabbit?" he asked, giving her a sarcastic look. He stood, stretching out the cramps in his leg as he stood. He braced himself against the shelves, looking to her. "Ready?"

"Three... II... 1... Lift!" he said, straining as he heaved the large shelves up. He just hoped she didn't slip or he'd hurt himself.

He finished lifting it, the shelves upright and... holding. They didn't collapse, which was good. "OK then jackrabbit, shall we move this into place or add the rest of this metal?"

He looked to her, waiting. He looked around... it'd take a bit of work but they were almost done.

Shadow Fleet

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on December 23, 2016, 03:21:15 AM

[Mall of America Starfleet]

Dylan quickly worked as finished as she returned with coffee. He yawned, not realizing how much he still wasn't awake. He downed two glasses before he looked up again, smiling with a wicked grin.

He finished the work, and looked over to her. "Ready, jackrabbit?" he asked, giving her a sarcastic look. He stood, stretching out the cramps in his leg as he stood. He braced himself against the shelves, looking to her. "Ready?"

"Three... II... 1... Lift!" he said, straining as he heaved the large shelves up. He just hoped she didn't slip or he'd hurt himself.

He finished lifting it, the shelves upright and... holding. They didn't collapse, which was good. "OK then jackrabbit, shall we move this into place or add the rest of this metal?"

He looked to her, waiting. He looked around... it'd take a bit of work but they were almost done.

Ash felt her own yawn slip out as she handed Dylan the coffee. "Hey! Stop that! I'm not tired, I swear!" She shook her head with a smile and plunked down on the ground next to him to enjoy her own much needed glass of caffeine. Dylan, on the other hand, seemed to be a little more in need of energy and powered through two full mugs by the time she had finished half of hers.

Ash rolled her eyes a little at his sarcastic teasing upon finishing the frames. "Jackrabbit. Really? That's the best you could do?" She returned his sarcastic look the best she could, but she couldn't quite keep a serious expression, with the corners of her mouth quirking up into a smirk.

She set her mug on the ground and moved to stand by the other side of the shelf as Dylan stretched out a little. "I've been ready for the past 20 minutes now, remember?" She flicked her hair over her shoulder and struck a dramatic pose before sticking her tongue out at him again and bracing herself against the shelves. Luckily, with both of them lifting, they managed to get it upright - where it thankfully stayed put.

Ash did a quick little happy dance around the shelf, probably looking ridiculous but not caring in the slightest. She skidded to a halt, however, as Dylan used his makeshift nickname for her again. "Hey now! Don't be such a... a... codfish!" She had been struggling to come up with a nickname on the spot and ended up blurting the first thing that came to mind. They were both dead silent for a moment after her odd statement, then the two of them made eye contact and Ash doubled over with laughter, unable to even take herself seriously.

When her laughter finally died down and she caught her breath again, she answered his initial question. "Let's try to move them into place before we do the decorative. The more metal we add, the heavier they'll be - and we struggled enough as it is getting them upright." A delayed moment passed and then she burst out, "Clanker! There. Nickname." She dissolved into another fit of giggles.

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Ashlynn Ren Morgaine on December 23, 2016, 04:52:57 AM

Ash felt her own yawn slip out as she handed David the coffee. "Hey! Stop that! I'm not tired, I swear!" She shook her head with a smile and plunked down on the ground next to him to enjoy her own much needed glass of caffeine. Dylan, on the other hand, seemed to be a little more in need of energy and powered through two full mugs by the time she had finished half of hers.

Ash rolled her eyes a little at his sarcastic teasing upon finishing the frames. "Jackrabbit. Really? That's the best you could do?" She returned his sarcastic look the best she could, but she couldn't quite keep a serious expression, with the corners of her mouth quirking up into a smirk.

She set her mug on the ground and moved to stand by the other side of the shelf as Dylan stretched out a little. "I've been ready for the past 20 minutes now, remember?" She flicked her hair over her shoulder and struck a dramatic pose before sticking her tongue out at him again and bracing herself against the shelves. Luckily, with both of them lifting, they managed to get it upright - where it thankfully stayed put.

Ash did a quick little happy dance around the shelf, probably looking ridiculous but not caring in the slightest. She skidded to a halt, however, as Dylan used his makeshift nickname for her again. "Hey now! Don't be such a... a... codfish!" She had been struggling to come up with a nickname on the spot and ended up blurting the first thing that came to mind. They were both dead silent for a moment after her odd statement, then the two of them made eye contact and Ash doubled over with laughter, unable to even take herself seriously.

When her laughter finally died down and she caught her breath again, she answered his initial question. "Let's try to move them into place before we do the decorative. The more metal we add, the heavier they'll be - and we struggled enough as it is getting them upright." A delayed moment passed and then she burst out, "Clanker! There. Nickname." She dissolved into another fit of giggles.

[Mess]

"MMhm sure you're not tired." he said, grinning. He powered through the coffee and blinked quickly, trying to stay awake.

"Hey, it works doesn't it?" he said, sticking his tounge out at her in a very childish way. "I'm sure given enough time I'll supercede that with another nickname, but for now it works." He looked up at her, smiling with a teasing grin. They put their weight into the shelves and they stayed up, and it looked like they did it right. At least, well enough.

He laughed at her antics, but then gave her a mock patient look as she struggled to come up with a nickname. He broke down laughing after she said the word. "Codfish? Really?" he said, as he picked himself up and put on a mock serious tone. "Is that the BEST you could do?"

He couldn't hold the laughter in and soon fell back into it. "Works for me." he said, grabbing onto one side and working with her to maneuver it into the slot before she tried again. "Well this one is likely more accurate." he said, submitting to that one. He began laughing again. Either something was secretly very funny or someone had screwed with the environmental controls.

He brought over the metal between fits of laughter. "Here, figure out where these go!"

Shadow Fleet

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on January 10, 2017, 03:45:20 PM

[Mess]

"MMhm sure you're not tired." he said, grinning. He powered through the coffee and blinked quickly, trying to stay awake.

"Hey, it works doesn't it?" he said, sticking his tongue out at her in a very childish way. "I'm sure given enough time I'll supersede that with another nickname, but for now it works." He looked up at her, smiling with a teasing grin. They put their weight into the shelves and they stayed up, and it looked like they did it right. At least, well enough.

He laughed at her antics, but then gave her a mock patient look as she struggled to come up with a nickname. He broke down laughing after she said the word. "Codfish? Really?" he said, as he picked himself up and put on a mock serious tone. "Is that the BEST you could do?"

He couldn't hold the laughter in and soon fell back into it. "Works for me." he said, grabbing onto one side and working with her to maneuver it into the slot before she tried again. "Well this one is likely more accurate." he said, submitting to that one. He began laughing again. Either something was secretly very funny or someone had screwed with the environmental controls.

He brought over the metal between fits of laughter. "Here, figure out where these go!"

[Mess Hall]

Ash fell into yet another deep fit of laughter, leaning on the nearest shelf to prop herself upright. Every time she thought that she had a handle on herself, she'd make eye contact again and dissolve into another fit of raucous giggles. "Do you... always... laugh... this much?" She barely got the question out, and as it was, it was interrupted by short bursts of laughter as she tried to catch her breath.

Dylan set the decorative parts behind her with a loud clanging sound. Ash spun around quickly and nearly toppled over. "Living up to your new nickname already, are we?" She was going to tease him some more until she saw what he had brought her. "Oooh! The swoopy bits! This'll be fun. Here, help me sort them first before we try randomly sticking them on." Ash grabbed his hand and pulled him back over to the pile, haphazardly dragging him down with her. Only when she was halfway down did it occur to her that it might throw an unsuspecting and sleep-deprived Dylan off balance.

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Ashlynn Ren Morgaine on January 10, 2017, 04:31:40 PM

[Mess Hall]

Ash fell into yet another deep fit of laughter, leaning on the nearest shelf to prop herself upright. Every time she thought that she had a handle on herself, she'd make eye contact again and dissolve into another fit of raucous giggles. "Do you... always... laugh... this much?" She barely got the question out, and as it was, it was interrupted by short bursts of laughter as she tried to catch her breath.

Dylan set the decorative parts behind her with a loud clanging sound. Ash spun around quickly and nearly toppled over. "Living up to your new nickname already, are we?" She was going to tease him some more until she saw what he had brought her. "Oooh! The swoopy bits! This'll be fun. Here, help me sort them first before we try randomly sticking them on." Ash grabbed his hand and pulled him back over to the pile, haphazardly dragging him down with her. Only when she was halfway down did it occur to her that it might throw an unsuspecting and sleep-deprived Dylan off balance.

[Mess]

"No, not usually!" he said, keeping his emotions in check now. "I don't know what it is- but I'd guess it's all your fault, jackrabbit." he said, blaming her but with a teasing tone. He wasn't ready, however, for her to yank his arm around, which caused him to spin 180 and fall just past the pile, falling toward her direction with an "oof".

He looked up at her. "Good Job." he said, falling into a reserved chuckle as he checked to make sure nothing was broken.

Shadow Fleet

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on January 10, 2017, 05:00:00 PM

[Mess]

"No, not usually!" he said, keeping his emotions in check now. "I don't know what it is- but I'd guess it's all your fault, jackrabbit." he said, blaming her but with a teasing tone. He wasn't ready, however, for her to yank his arm around, which caused him to spin 180 and fall just past the pile, falling toward her direction with an "oof".

He looked up at her. "Good Job." he said, falling into a reserved chuckle as he checked to make sure nothing was broken.

[Mess Hall]

"My fault?!" Ash feigned indignation. "That's funny, because I'm pretty sure it's all your fault, you silly clanker." She stuck her tongue out at him briefly, then amended what she had said. "The most I'm willing to accept is... 30% of the credit."

As Dylan tumbled towards her, she had no time to move, and his upper body landed squarely in her lap. "Umm... Hi." She felt an embarrassed blush creep up her face, but kept her tone joking. "Sorry about that. I didn't realize you were so clumsy... Everything okay down there?"

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Ashlynn Ren Morgaine on January 10, 2017, 11:28:21 PM

[Mess Hall]

"My fault?!" Ash feigned indignation. "That's funny, because I'm pretty sure it's all your fault, you silly clanker." She stuck her tongue out at him briefly, then amended what she had said. "The most I'm willing to accept is... 30% of the credit."

As Dylan tumbled towards her, she had no time to move, and his upper body landed squarely in her lap. "Umm... Hi." She felt an embarrassed blush creep up her face, but kept her tone joking. "Sorry about that. I didn't realize you were so clumsy... Everything okay down there?"

"Yes your fault!" He said, matching her comical attitude. "I'm not the one who is giggling like a schoolkid over the color of the shelves!" He didn't accept much blame, so decided to have fun with it. "Well I'll take twenty percent. That leaves fifty percent.... whose fault is that part?" He asked, wondering who she'd choose.

He quickly scrambed to his feet. "Sorry...." He said, before going back to his approximation of her feigned indignation. "My fault? Again? I'm  the sleep-deprived engineer who just got yanked in a completely different direction by a crazy mess hall manager! I'm the victim here!" He said, before breaking into laughs. "I'm ok, how about you?"

Shadow Fleet

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on January 11, 2017, 05:10:46 PM

"Yes your fault!" He said, matching her comical attitude. "I'm not the one who is giggling like a schoolkid over the color of the shelves!" He didn't accept much blame, so decided to have fun with it. "Well I'll take twenty percent. That leaves fifty percent.... whose fault is that part?" He asked, wondering who she'd choose.

He quickly scrambed to his feet. "Sorry...." He said, before going back to his approximation of her feigned indignation. "My fault? Again? I'm  the sleep-deprived engineer who just got yanked in a completely different direction by a crazy mess hall manager! I'm the victim here!" He said, before breaking into laughs. "I'm ok, how about you?"

[Messssssss]

Ash put on a mischievous smirk and cocked her head to the side as she crossed her arms. "Why the other fifty percent goes to you as well, of course! After all, you are the officer in charge here; it's only right if you get the credit. I'm just a lowly mess hall manager who's been following your orders." She tried to keep a straight face as she spoke, but it was clear that she was struggling.

She joined Dylan in laughing after his protests. "I seem to recall giving you a fair warning before I turned you around a little bit. But you are right about one thing. I am crazy!" She tilted her head back to look upside down at Dylan with a wild grin. "I'm fine though. You didn't hurt me at all."

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Ashlynn Ren Morgaine on January 12, 2017, 05:51:58 PM

[Messssssss]

Ash put on a mischievous smirk and cocked her head to the side as she crossed her arms. "Why the other fifty percent goes to you as well, of course! After all, you are the officer in charge here; it's only right if you get the credit. I'm just a lowly mess hall manager who's been following your orders." She tried to keep a straight face as she spoke, but it was clear that she was struggling.

She joined Dylan in laughing after his protests. "I seem to recall giving you a fair warning before I turned you around a little bit. But you are right about one thing. I am crazy!" She tilted her head back to look upside down at Dylan with a wild grin. "I'm fine though. You didn't hurt me at all."

[Moss]

"No, no. I think the other fifty goes to you." he said, grinning. If she wanted to play that game? So be it. "Well as I recall this is your mess hall, of which you run... and unless I'm mistaken you're the cook here." he said, waiting to hear if she protested. Regardless, he continued. "And as I recall a cook is responsible for their work and owns up to their creations! This design was your creation, all I did was provide the ingredients!"

His face wasn't even close to as straight as she was struggling to keep it. He was grinning foolishly and having a fun time with it too.

"Yes, half a micron. That's totally enough time." he said, fake-pouting as he finished sorting the stuff. "OK then jackrabbit, here's the stuff. Work your magic." he said, stepping back.

Shadow Fleet

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.