It's a Mess in Here [Dylan/Ash]

Started by Dylan Torngate, October 03, 2016, 01:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Ashlynn Ren Morgaine on January 25, 2017, 10:00:59 PM

[Land of White Powder]

She shook her head and laughed at Dylan's teasing about the frying pan incident, but refused to take the bait when it came to her choice of nicknames. "Nope, I have plenty of other options. 'Turnip' is just what you were being at that moment. A difficult but endearing goofball. Now, you silly clanker, stop messing with my mess hall mess and making an even messier mess for us to clean!"

As she tried to get a handle on her laughter, Ash put the last of the ingredients they would need on the counter, before turning back to Dylan. "As long as Luke got his food, I'm sure he'd be amused by this. Now the Captain..." Ash trailed off ominously and smiled, before stepping close to Dylan again and reaching up to brush some flour off that he couldn't see. "Here, you'd better hold still and let me help. You look like an old man with all this white in your hair. I don't have the slightest idea how that managed to get there."

She ruffled her hand through his hair a couple times until almost all of it was out, then brushed off his forehead and the side of his face a little. "There. Practically normal again. Do I have much on me?"

Ash checked the recipe, and handed Dylan a knife and a bundle of carrots. "Here. You can start slicing up those while I work on the dough - I don't trust you with the flour now."

[Snow? No...]

"Far be it for me to argue food related things with a cook" he said, flaking more white powder onto the counter and floor in front of him. "No, indeed. No idea." he said, grumbling but staying still as she fixed him up a little. "Sure, normal." he said, rolling his eyes. "I'll need a sonic shower to get all this stuff out- it's as bad as engine parts!" he said, thinking of several ways to get her back eventually- including a vile contraption that he'd been introduced to called "Glitter". "No, you don't have much on you." he said, brushing a little out of her hair.

He took the knife and carrots, and began slicing them into approximate sizes as the book required. "And I should trust you with it why?" he asked, moving a little farther out of her range of powder. He kept working until they were gone. "What's next?" he asked, having managed not to cut himself.

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on February 02, 2017, 07:46:08 PM

[Snow? No...]

"Far be it for me to argue food related things with a cook" he said, flaking more white powder onto the counter and floor in front of him. "No, indeed. No idea." he said, grumbling but staying still as she fixed him up a little. "Sure, normal." he said, rolling his eyes. "I'll need a sonic shower to get all this stuff out- it's as bad as engine parts!" he said, thinking of several ways to get her back eventually- including a vile contraption that he'd been introduced to called "Glitter". "No, you don't have much on you." he said, brushing a little out of her hair.

He took the knife and carrots, and began slicing them into approximate sizes as the book required. "And I should trust you with it why?" he asked, moving a little farther out of her range of powder. He kept working until they were gone. "What's next?" he asked, having managed not to cut himself.

[Definitely Not Snow]

When Dylan mentioned a sonic shower, Ash couldn't help but snort with laughter. "I told you it was a dangerous substance. But you didn't believe me. You messed with powers you couldn't hope to control." She dramatically placed her hands on her hips and looked up at him with a smirk on her face. That smirk softened into a warm smile as he brushed what little flour there was out of her hair. "Thanks, Dylan... You're less of a turnip than before. You've been promoted back to clanker."

"Why, my friend. You should trust me with the flour because obviously I'm far more mature than you and would never dream of doing something so childish as to throw it at you. That's why." She stuck her tongue out at him again and tied her hair back, then started mixing the dough. As she worked, she watched Dylan out of the corner of her eye, more afraid that he'd cut himself than anything else; she kept her knives sharp, so it would only take one slip.

By the time she had the dough rolled out, however, Dylan had managed to slice all of the carrots and none of his fingers. So far, so good. "Well. We're going to need to peel and mash some potatoes... A lot of potatoes... Where even are the potatoes?"

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Ashlynn Ren Morgaine on February 04, 2017, 01:52:42 AM

[Definitely Not Snow]

When Dylan mentioned a sonic shower, Ash couldn't help but snort with laughter. "I told you it was a dangerous substance. But you didn't believe me. You messed with powers you couldn't hope to control." She dramatically placed her hands on her hips and looked up at him with a smirk on her face. That smirk softened into a warm smile as he brushed what little flour there was out of her hair. "Thanks, Dylan... You're less of a turnip than before. You've been promoted back to clanker."

"Why, my friend. You should trust me with the flour because obviously I'm far more mature than you and would never dream of doing something so childish as to throw it at you. That's why." She stuck her tongue out at him again and tied her hair back, then started mixing the dough. As she worked, she watched Dylan out of the corner of her eye, more afraid that he'd cut himself than anything else; she kept her knives sharp, so it would only take one slip.

By the time she had the dough rolled out, however, Dylan had managed to slice all of the carrots and none of his fingers. So far, so good. "Well. We're going to need to peel and mash some potatoes... A lot of potatoes... Where even are the potatoes?"

[Awww]

Dylan sighed at her remarks. "It may be dangerous, only in your hands." He started, smirking. "You'll notice when I used it I didn't get any on me." He saw her smirk and met it with one of his own. "Alright then! Promotions. I guess you're still jackrabbit... maybe a biological menace at some points, when you're armed with either cast iron or flour." He said, stepping quickly out of the way of the flour that was working its way out of her hair.

"You, more mature?" He asked, a wide eyed look on his face as he pondered that ridiculous statement. "And you already threw it at me so obviously you didn't just dream of doing it." he said, indicating the flour stains all over the floor. Thankfully he didn't cut himself, which was probably good, and as she'd already drawn blood earlier on the replicators it was probably for the best that he didn't add his own.

"Probably the last place you left them." he said unhelpfully as he went and grabbed the bag of potatoes he saw. He mashed them up, finishing around the same time that she finished the dough and another step. "What, making food for half the ship?" he asked. It was a place about this size that had fed the crew of the starship Voyager through their journey... how was beyond him with the lack of room and supplies. The marvels of Modern Engineering.

Shadow Fleet

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on February 08, 2017, 06:03:57 PM

[Awww]

Dylan sighed at her remarks. "It may be dangerous, only in your hands." He started, smirking. "You'll notice when I used it I didn't get any on me." He saw her smirk and met it with one of his own. "Alright then! Promotions. I guess you're still jackrabbit... maybe a biological menace at some points, when you're armed with either cast iron or flour." He said, stepping quickly out of the way of the flour that was working its way out of her hair.

"You, more mature?" He asked, a wide eyed look on his face as he pondered that ridiculous statement. "And you already threw it at me so obviously you didn't just dream of doing it." he said, indicating the flour stains all over the floor. Thankfully he didn't cut himself, which was probably good, and as she'd already drawn blood earlier on the replicators it was probably for the best that he didn't add his own.

"Probably the last place you left them." he said unhelpfully as he went and grabbed the bag of potatoes he saw. He mashed them up, finishing around the same time that she finished the dough and another step. "What, making food for half the ship?" he asked. It was a place about this size that had fed the crew of the starship Voyager through their journey... how was beyond him with the lack of room and supplies. The marvels of Modern Engineering.

[wwwA]

"A biological menace?? That's my promotion? Well, you certainly know how to flatter a girl." Ash couldn't help but laugh, not just at Dylan's comment, but at the strange way they seemed to always go about teasing one another. If they were anyone else it would be weird, but somehow it was... enjoyable. Maybe even a little endearing.

"The last place I saw them was on the shelf in their proper place. You know, before 'The Mess' was born." She started looking for them as she started melting butter in a pan, and only realized that Dylan had already found and mashed a full bag of them a couple minutes later. She smacked his arm playfully. "You unhelpful turnip. You could've said something."

She dropped the chopped vegetables into the pan, and gently stirred them around with a spoon as they cooked. "You might not have noticed this, but making food for half the ship is kinda my job... But no. Right now I'm just cooking for this one hungry engineering officer and his weird civilian friend. I've heard they can eat a lot." When the vegetables were finished cooking, she poured all of the contents of the pan into Dylan's giant bowl of mashed potatoes.

Consulting the book, Ash saw that there wasn't much left for them to do. "Now you can stir that around while I cut out the dough. Then we'll take a spoonful of that filling, stick it in the middle of the dough, and fold the rest over it. All that will be left after that is boiling them in salt water until they float to the top. Easy."

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Ashlynn Ren Morgaine on February 12, 2017, 03:29:32 AM

[wwwA]

"A biological menace?? That's my promotion? Well, you certainly know how to flatter a girl." Ash couldn't help but laugh, not just at Dylan's comment, but at the strange way they seemed to always go about teasing one another. If they were anyone else it would be weird, but somehow it was... enjoyable. Maybe even a little endearing.

"The last place I saw them was on the shelf in their proper place. You know, before 'The Mess' was born." She started looking for them as she started melting butter in a pan, and only realized that Dylan had already found and mashed a full bag of them a couple minutes later. She smacked his arm playfully. "You unhelpful turnip. You could've said something."

She dropped the chopped vegetables into the pan, and gently stirred them around with a spoon as they cooked. "You might not have noticed this, but making food for half the ship is kinda my job... But no. Right now I'm just cooking for this one hungry engineering officer and his weird civilian friend. I've heard they can eat a lot." When the vegetables were finished cooking, she poured all of the contents of the pan into Dylan's giant bowl of mashed potatoes.

Consulting the book, Ash saw that there wasn't much left for them to do. "Now you can stir that around while I cut out the dough. Then we'll take a spoonful of that filling, stick it in the middle of the dough, and fold the rest over it. All that will be left after that is boiling them in salt water until they float to the top. Easy."

[wwAww]

"Yes, that's your promotion." he said, grinning as he went. "What, you want to become an environmental hazard instead? A flour Felon? Fiend?" He asked, exhausting his supply of alliteration. English was hard. He enjoyed teasing her, it was a welcome change from the formal "yes sir no sir" of starfleet. Sometimes he just needed to unwind.

He grinned broadly as she found out he had them. "The mess has always been a mess, at least since the mess became your mess. Oh, by the way, I found them." he said, as he snagged one of the veggies out of the pan, popped it into his mouth, and realized two terrible mistakes. First off, the veggies were raw, and second they were hot. He swallowed it down and made a face. "Raw. That was not my best idea." he said, as he tried to get the taste out of his mouth.

He nodded his agreement, as he leaned against the counter and watched her work. "Well I guess that works. Hungry crewman at any time of night. Just be glad you have an army of replicators helping you." he said, as he looked at the food. "That looks good, though. Can't wait to try it when it's fully cooked." he said, making fun of himself in the process.

Shadow Fleet

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on February 13, 2017, 05:39:28 PM

[wwAww]

"Yes, that's your promotion." he said, grinning as he went. "What, you want to become an environmental hazard instead? A flour Felon? Fiend?" He asked, exhausting his supply of alliteration. English was hard. He enjoyed teasing her, it was a welcome change from the formal "yes sir no sir" of starfleet. Sometimes he just needed to unwind.

He grinned broadly as she found out he had them. "The mess has always been a mess, at least since the mess became your mess. Oh, by the way, I found them." he said, as he snagged one of the veggies out of the pan, popped it into his mouth, and realized two terrible mistakes. First off, the veggies were raw, and second they were hot. He swallowed it down and made a face. "Raw. That was not my best idea." he said, as he tried to get the taste out of his mouth.

He nodded his agreement, as he leaned against the counter and watched her work. "Well I guess that works. Hungry crewman at any time of night. Just be glad you have an army of replicators helping you." he said, as he looked at the food. "That looks good, though. Can't wait to try it when it's fully cooked." he said, making fun of himself in the process.

[Lair of the Flour Fiend]

"Flour... fiend? Hmm... I like it. Especially since it implies that I could strike again." She flashed Dylan a wild grin, one that made it impossible for him to tell whether she was teasing or serious. Let him dwell on that for a while.

"You found them. You don't say." She giggled and rolled her eyes a little. When the cheeky clanker snagged a veggie out of her pan, she watched without comment as he popped it into his mouth and realized the mistake he'd made. As soon as he made a face, she doubled over laughing. "I didn't think you'd like that. Raw isn't too bad," she started as she used a fork to snag a piece of carrot out of the pan, "but that had to have been hot." She stuck her fork under cool running water in the sink for a second before popping the carrot piece into her mouth and crunching on it with a smile.

She finished cutting out the dough and showed Dylan how to start filling them. Working together, it wasn't long before they had them all finished and boiling in a huge pot. As they cooked, a delicious aroma started to fill the kitchen and Ash slowly inhaled, turning to Dylan with a smile. "I have to agree. I bet this is going to taste fantastic if it's anything like it smells. I might need to work this recipe into regular use in the Mess schedule once everything's back to normal."

Dylan Torngate

The food, when done, was indeed fantastic. After cleaning the dishes and helping her put the rest of the mess hall intact, Dylan had had to go off to work. Though he had stopped in for food in the mess once or twice, he'd only been there a short while due to a set of engine tests and new systems that were being installed on the ship.

[Several Days Later- Engineering]

Dylan was over at the warp core, sealing a microfissure that had developed in the matrix. While not good, it was not a critical fix. What was more likely to need to happen soon was a need to send the ship in for a baryon sweep soon. The ship was due for some more heavy maintenance later, but for now everything was fine. Dylan finished his scans and slid the tricorder back into his toolbelt. "Pressure's at sixteen over forty, she'll hold fine." he said, as the petty officer near him nodded and put tools away. A stabilizing attachment on the core, and the core would be back up to full strength.

He sighed as he pulled himself up and around the warp core's surrounding rail, jumping over and pressing a few buttons. The buttons turned off the constrictor that Dylan had on the core, and now matter and antimatter collided as needed, powering the ship.

Dylan looked at the duty log. So far nothing else had to be done, except for some maintenance on the warp nacelles. That would involve a slogging journey into the bowels of the ship, not even counted as decks, but passageways. It was as close to caving as one could get on a starship. Fortunately, Dylan had spent his fair amount of time there so it was no problem. Plus, the acoustics of the ship were awesome there, and the thuum of the warp engines was very nice sounding... or maybe that was a side effect of being an engineer.

He went over to a storage locker by the door of the room, on the second level, and gathered the supplies he'd need. Though he could send a newbie to do that job as a matter of "fresh meat hazing", Dylan would rather do it himself. If something screwed up with the micro-adjustments, he didn't want to have to find out when they were at warp speed and a piece of space-dust pierced the shields and went through his cranium. Also, he'd rather it be the end of his career than someone elses.

He gathered supplies and thought about everything he needed. He did not want to make two trips.

Shadow Fleet

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on February 17, 2017, 05:07:58 PM

The food, when done, was indeed fantastic. After cleaning the dishes and helping her put the rest of the mess hall intact, Dylan had had to go off to work. Though he had stopped in for food in the mess once or twice, he'd only been there a short while due to a set of engine tests and new systems that were being installed on the ship.

[Several Days Later- Engineering]

Dylan was over at the warp core, sealing a microfissure that had developed in the matrix. While not good, it was not a critical fix. What was more likely to need to happen soon was a need to send the ship in for a baryon sweep soon. The ship was due for some more heavy maintenance later, but for now everything was fine. Dylan finished his scans and slid the tricorder back into his toolbelt. "Pressure's at sixteen over forty, she'll hold fine." he said, as the petty officer near him nodded and put tools away. A stabilizing attachment on the core, and the core would be back up to full strength.

He sighed as he pulled himself up and around the warp core's surrounding rail, jumping over and pressing a few buttons. The buttons turned off the constrictor that Dylan had on the core, and now matter and antimatter collided as needed, powering the ship.

Dylan looked at the duty log. So far nothing else had to be done, except for some maintenance on the warp nacelles. That would involve a slogging journey into the bowels of the ship, not even counted as decks, but passageways. It was as close to caving as one could get on a starship. Fortunately, Dylan had spent his fair amount of time there so it was no problem. Plus, the acoustics of the ship were awesome there, and the thuum of the warp engines was very nice sounding... or maybe that was a side effect of being an engineer.

He went over to a storage locker by the door of the room, on the second level, and gathered the supplies he'd need. Though he could send a newbie to do that job as a matter of "fresh meat hazing", Dylan would rather do it himself. If something screwed up with the micro-adjustments, he didn't want to have to find out when they were at warp speed and a piece of space-dust pierced the shields and went through his cranium. Also, he'd rather it be the end of his career than someone elses.

He gathered supplies and thought about everything he needed. He did not want to make two trips.

[Several Days Later - Ash's Quarters]

Ash let out a soft sigh as she closed her most recent book. The mess hall was currently off limits as it was being repaired from fire damage - (NOT her fault by the way) - and Ash had decided to spend the day in her room, relaxing with her adventure. But now she had finished, and it was only just after lunch. She rolled onto her back and stared at the ceiling in indecision for a while. I could start a new book... But I've got too much of a book hangover... I could take a walk... But things don't usually end well when I do that...

Suddenly grasping an idea, Ash shot upright and hopped off the bed. She'd visit Dylan. It was only a short walk to engineering, and, luckily for Ash, Dylan was easy to find right by the door near the storage locker. "So, this is where you clankers keep your toys, huh?" Ash said as she leaned against the doorway.

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Ashlynn Ren Morgaine on February 24, 2017, 04:56:02 PM

[Several Days Later - Ash's Quarters]

Ash let out a soft sigh as she closed her most recent book. The mess hall was currently off limits as it was being repaired from fire damage - (NOT her fault by the way) - and Ash had decided to spend the day in her room, relaxing with her adventure. But now she had finished, and it was only just after lunch. She rolled onto her back and stared at the ceiling in indecision for a while. I could start a new book... But I've got too much of a book hangover... I could take a walk... But things don't usually end well when I do that...

Suddenly grasping an idea, Ash shot upright and hopped off the bed. She'd visit Dylan. It was only a short walk to engineering, and, luckily for Ash, Dylan was easy to find right by the door near the storage locker. "So, this is where you clankers keep your toys, huh?" Ash said as she leaned against the doorway.

[Engineering]

As Dylan gathered the last things he needed and began to shut the locker, he was greeted with the face of Ashlynn right up next to where he was. He started back a bit, before noticing who it was. He smiled, recollecting himself and standing upright. "Hey Ash." he said, with a smirk. "Glad to see you're up and about..."

He wondered why she wasn't in the mess hall, then remembered the momentary panic attack when the fire alarms had gone off on the ship. Fire in space was never a good idea. "So you've decided to set your domain on fire... just to get off work?" he asked, implying he totally blamed her for the fire, a bit, even if only in jest. "How you doing, jackrabbit?"

He eventually responded to her question. "Well this is where we store the fun stuff, the things that can go boom, and the things that can stop other things from going boom, so yeah I guess." he said, admitting to possibly seeing this place as one big toy... one great geeky toy.

Shadow Fleet

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on February 24, 2017, 05:08:34 PM

[Engineering]

As Dylan gathered the last things he needed and began to shut the locker, he was greeted with the face of Ashlynn right up next to where he was. He started back a bit, before noticing who it was. He smiled, recollecting himself and standing upright. "Hey Ash." he said, with a smirk. "Glad to see you're up and about..."

He wondered why she wasn't in the mess hall, then remembered the momentary panic attack when the fire alarms had gone off on the ship. Fire in space was never a good idea. "So you've decided to set your domain on fire... just to get off work?" he asked, implying he totally blamed her for the fire, a bit, even if only in jest. "How you doing, jackrabbit?"

He eventually responded to her question. "Well this is where we store the fun stuff, the things that can go boom, and the things that can stop other things from going boom, so yeah I guess." he said, admitting to possibly seeing this place as one big toy... one great geeky toy.

[Engineering]

Ash giggled a little as Dylan jumped upon seeing her. "Am I really that scary?" She finished closing the locker door for her friend and returned his smile. "It's good to see you, too." She would have given Dylan a hug, but with all of his equipment it didn't seem wise.

"Hey!" Hugging was forgotten as Dylan brought up the mess fire. Of course Dylan would blame that on me. She put her hands on her hips in mock insult. "You know full well that wasn't my fault. Besides, why would I intentionally try to get off work? I've been bored out of my mind today. I've already finished my book and there's NOTHING else for me to do..." She dramatically fell back against the wall. "Well, nothing that doesn't involve me getting into things that I shouldn't. Which is why I'm here, I guess. You'll have to keep me out of trouble - and maybe I wanted to see you. Maybe."

Ash took a moment to tuck her hair behind her ear, but it just slipped back out. Not that she really noticed or cared. It wasn't tied up in her usual work knot, and she was used to it falling in front of her face. She looked at Dylan expectantly. "So. What exactly are we doing?"

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Ashlynn Ren Morgaine on February 26, 2017, 06:05:06 PM

[Engineering]

Ash giggled a little as Dylan jumped upon seeing her. "Am I really that scary?" She finished closing the locker door for her friend and returned his smile. "It's good to see you, too." She would have given Dylan a hug, but with all of his equipment it didn't seem wise.

"Hey!" Hugging was forgotten as Dylan brought up the mess fire. Of course Dylan would blame that on me. She put her hands on her hips in mock insult. "You know full well that wasn't my fault. Besides, why would I intentionally try to get off work? I've been bored out of my mind today. I've already finished my book and there's NOTHING else for me to do..." She dramatically fell back against the wall. "Well, nothing that doesn't involve me getting into things that I shouldn't. Which is why I'm here, I guess. You'll have to keep me out of trouble - and maybe I wanted to see you. Maybe."

Ash took a moment to tuck her hair behind her ear, but it just slipped back out. Not that she really noticed or cared. It wasn't tied up in her usual work knot, and she was used to it falling in front of her face. She looked at Dylan expectantly. "So. What exactly are we doing?"

[Engineering]

"You just surprised me is all!" Dylan whined, recovering from his jump. He set down the box with a thud, which reverberated for a few feet in the deck plates then stopped. With all the background noise nobody even turned an eye to look. Only when screaming, alarms, or silence happened did Engineers divert their attention.

Silence was the most scary thing. Well, maybe Silence combined with the phrase "Oops".

"Fault scmlalt. It's still your mess hall!" He said, but then again if anything broke in Engineering she could always turn that back on him. He could hear it now... "It was your Engineering that broke, your fault!" in her silly tone. "I dunno, maybe you just wanted a day to yourself or the stars?" he asked. If he had a day off he'd take a shuttle apart and put it back together- if it didn't involve tools or baseball he likely wasn't to be found commonly doing it. At her next comment he decided to have a bit of fun at her expense. "Well with drama like that I'm sure you could start a play. Put on a theatre show." He said, and fell silent when she got in the last word- again. "Aw well I feel special." He said, a foolish grin on his face. As much as he might be loathe to admit it he'd missed her too.

He looked at her. "Well... I was about to crawl on my hands and knees to the far bowels of the ship, up the nacelle pylon and do maintenance- it's dark, musty and boring work." He said, shrugging. It might have sounded to some like he was talking about a cave he was to explore- which wasn't that far from the truth. As the strand of hair fell out again he tried to move it back behind and tuck it more securely. "Of course if you've got better ideas?"

Shadow Fleet

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on February 27, 2017, 03:36:55 PM

[Engineering]

"You just surprised me is all!" Dylan whined, recovering from his jump. He set down the box with a thud, which reverberated for a few feet in the deck plates then stopped. With all the background noise nobody even turned an eye to look. Only when screaming, alarms, or silence happened did Engineers divert their attention.

Silence was the most scary thing. Well, maybe Silence combined with the phrase "Oops".

"Fault scmlalt. It's still your mess hall!" He said, but then again if anything broke in Engineering she could always turn that back on him. He could hear it now... "It was your Engineering that broke, your fault!" in her silly tone. "I dunno, maybe you just wanted a day to yourself or the stars?" he asked. If he had a day off he'd take a shuttle apart and put it back together- if it didn't involve tools or baseball he likely wasn't to be found commonly doing it. At her next comment he decided to have a bit of fun at her expense. "Well with drama like that I'm sure you could start a play. Put on a theatre show." He said, and fell silent when she got in the last word- again. "Aw well I feel special." He said, a foolish grin on his face. As much as he might be loathe to admit it he'd missed her too.

He looked at her. "Well... I was about to crawl on my hands and knees to the far bowels of the ship, up the nacelle pylon and do maintenance- it's dark, musty and boring work." He said, shrugging. It might have sounded to some like he was talking about a cave he was to explore- which wasn't that far from the truth. As the strand of hair fell out again he tried to move it back behind and tuck it more securely. "Of course if you've got better ideas?"

[Engineering]

"Oh please, I'd be a terrible actress. I can hardly contain my emotions and keep a straight face, let alone convincingly pretend to be feeling something I'm not." She returned his silly grin with one of her own. "And you should feel special. You're my best friend, you know. That's a grand honor bestowed only upon the worthiest of champions." I wonder if he'll be able to guess that I've been reading a lot of fantasy lately...

Now that the box of tools was out of the way, Ash took the chance to pull him into a somewhat unexpected hug. It just felt like the right thing to do. She didn't let go as quickly as she normally would have and instead mumbled against him, "And see? The job has great hug perks." She finally let go and smiled sheepishly up at him once more as he talked about the nacelle pylon job.

"I'm sure we could manage to make it interesting - although I couldn't promise I would be much help. I'll probably break something important, knowing... me..." She slowly trailed off as Dylan reached out and gently fixed her hair for her. She wasn't sure why, but it made her feel warm, almost fuzzy, inside, and she couldn't keep the smile (or the blush) off of her face.

"Thanks," she mumbled, trying to catch her brain back up to the present. "Umm... Wait a second... 'Better ideas?' Dylan Torngate, are you suggesting that you play hooky to spend time with me? Now I feel special." Ash's smile grew even more as she continued to talk. "Surely you have more important things to do than spend your time with a boring little nobody like me." She was joking, really, but part of the question was genuine; Ash didn't want to drag him into anything he didn't want to do.

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Ashlynn Ren Morgaine on February 28, 2017, 06:30:30 AM

[Engineering]

"Oh please, I'd be a terrible actress. I can hardly contain my emotions and keep a straight face, let alone convincingly pretend to be feeling something I'm not." She returned his silly grin with one of her own. "And you should feel special. You're my best friend, you know. That's a grand honor bestowed only upon the worthiest of champions." I wonder if he'll be able to guess that I've been reading a lot of fantasy lately...

Now that the box of tools was out of the way, Ash took the chance to pull him into a somewhat unexpected hug. It just felt like the right thing to do. She didn't let go as quickly as she normally would have and instead mumbled against him, "And see? The job has great hug perks." She finally let go and smiled sheepishly up at him once more as he talked about the nacelle pylon job.

"I'm sure we could manage to make it interesting - although I couldn't promise I would be much help. I'll probably break something important, knowing... me..." She slowly trailed off as Dylan reached out and gently fixed her hair for her. She wasn't sure why, but it made her feel warm, almost fuzzy, inside, and she couldn't keep the smile (or the blush) off of her face.

"Thanks," she mumbled, trying to catch her brain back up to the present. "Umm... Wait a second... 'Better ideas?' Dylan Torngate, are you suggesting that you play hooky to spend time with me? Now I feel special." Ash's smile grew even more as she continued to talk. "Surely you have more important things to do than spend your time with a boring little nobody like me." She was joking, really, but part of the question was genuine; Ash didn't want to drag him into anything he didn't want to do.

[Engineering]

He grinned at her. "I see you've picked some decent book choices." he said. "But I might lay off the fantasy before you think you're a dragonslayer and try to kill my warp core." he joked, now fake-chiding her. "Remember, it's an ice wraith not a wyvern. And it's very sensitive." he said, now unable to keep a straight face and grinning. "As to being your best friend... well you're one of mine on the Athena too." he said, admitting it to himself as much as her.

He almost- emphasis on almost- at her motion. He hugged her back, which wasn't entirely awkward. He broke when she did. "Well that isn't a bad perk. I think I'll keep hold of the job then." he said, with a wry grin.

He saw the redness on her face and grinned broader, both by finding it funny and by finding it strangely endearing. "I'm sure you could be useful- after all aren't we training you to become the next Engineer for the ship?" he asked, smirking. "Or maybe you need to see the doc for that." He said, ignoring the redness on his own neck.

"Well you are special." Dylan said, without really thinking before he spoke. His face then flushed red for a moment before he found a right-ish way to continue. "And I don't think you're boring... I mean you're a nice person to be around...er... I mean..." he said, the idea he was trying to get across spinning around and around and missing on all counts before stalling out. He leaned his head back and sighed, having made a complete fool of himself. "Well this is why I'm not a public speaker..."

Shadow Fleet

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on February 28, 2017, 10:11:05 PM

[Engineering]

He grinned at her. "I see you've picked some decent book choices." he said. "But I might lay off the fantasy before you think you're a dragonslayer and try to kill my warp core." he joked, now fake-chiding her. "Remember, it's an ice wraith not a wyvern. And it's very sensitive." he said, now unable to keep a straight face and grinning. "As to being your best friend... well you're one of mine on the Athena too." he said, admitting it to himself as much as her.

He almost- emphasis on almost- toppled backwards at her motion. He hugged her back, which wasn't entirely awkward. He broke when she did. "Well that isn't a bad perk. I think I'll keep hold of the job then." he said, with a wry grin.

He saw the redness on her face and grinned broader, both by finding it funny and by finding it strangely endearing. "I'm sure you could be useful- after all aren't we training you to become the next Engineer for the ship?" he asked, smirking. "Or maybe you need to see the doc for that." He said, ignoring the redness on his own neck.

"Well you are special." Dylan said, without really thinking before he spoke. His face then flushed red for a moment before he found a right-ish way to continue. "And I don't think you're boring... I mean you're a nice person to be around...er... I mean..." he said, the idea he was trying to get across spinning around and around and missing on all counts before stalling out. He leaned his head back and sighed, having made a complete fool of himself. "Well this is why I'm not a public speaker..."

[Engineering]

"Lay off the fantasy? You insult me, good sir. Any simpleton can distinguish an ice wraith from a wyvern... And both of those from a warp core." Ash stuck her tongue out in jest, but ended up smiling warmly at Dylan's admittance of friendship.

Her smile only grew as he returned her hug (after nearly taking both of them to the floor). As they broke away, Ash stuck her tongue out once more with another facetious remark. "Of course you're keeping the job. There's a strict no quitting policy; you can't leave. In fact, you're practically an indentured servant. Might as well get used to it." She shrugged nonchalantly as she spoke, attempting to adopt a straight face, but failing miserably.

As Dylan pointed out her blush, Ash felt her face instantly flush even more. Oh, brilliant. Just brilliant. That's exactly what I needed... Her only consolation was that Dylan was starting to blush as well. "Well, you seem to be afflicted with whatever condition I'm plagued with as well - so if I need sickbay, so do you." As she spoke, she reached up and softly brushed her fingers over his neck where the redness was escaping the collar of his uniform, but drew her hand back as she realized what she was doing.

As Dylan continued speaking, stumbling over his words as his blush spread to cover his face, Ash felt an uncontrollable - but in no way unpleasant - flutter in her stomach. She found herself unable to meet his gaze as he spoke, and instead foolishly smiled at the floor. When he eventually gave up, she turned her fond smile back up at him before speaking. "You're not a bad speaker. That was really... sweet, actually." She wanted to continue, but was struggling with words almost as much as he was. Panicking, she awkwardly coughed and shuffled her feet a little before venturing out with, "So... What did you want to do?"

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Ashlynn Ren Morgaine on March 08, 2017, 05:46:36 AM

[Engineering]

"Lay off the fantasy? You insult me, good sir. Any simpleton can distinguish an ice wraith from a wyvern... And both of those from a warp core." Ash stuck her tongue out in jest, but ended up smiling warmly at Dylan's admittance of friendship.

Her smile only grew as he returned her hug (after nearly taking both of them to the floor). As they broke away, Ash stuck her tongue out once more with another facetious remark. "Of course you're keeping the job. There's a strict no quitting policy; you can't leave. In fact, you're practically an indentured servant. Might as well get used to it." She shrugged nonchalantly as she spoke, attempting to adopt a straight face, but failing miserably.

As Dylan pointed out her blush, Ash felt her face instantly flush even more. Oh, brilliant. Just brilliant. That's exactly what I needed... Her only consolation was that Dylan was starting to blush as well. "Well, you seem to be afflicted with whatever condition I'm plagued with as well - so if I need sickbay, so do you." As she spoke, she reached up and softly brushed her fingers over his neck where the redness was escaping the collar of his uniform, but drew her hand back as she realized what she was doing.

As Dylan continued speaking, stumbling over his words as his blush spread to cover his face, Ash felt an uncontrollable - but in no way unpleasant - flutter in her stomach. She found herself unable to meet his gaze as he spoke, and instead foolishly smiled at the floor. When he eventually gave up, she turned her fond smile back up at him before speaking. "You're not a bad speaker. That was really... sweet, actually." She wanted to continue, but was struggling with words almost as much as he was. Panicking, she awkwardly coughed and shuffled her feet a little before venturing out with, "So... What did you want to do?"

[Engineering Bay- 2nd Level]

He rolled his eyes. "I'll remind you of that next time a replicator bites you." he said, now thinking of more tech on the ship as fantasy creatures, personifing lots of different elements... and referring to her near-disasterous attempts to fix the replicator in the mess hall that had started this whole mess. "But you're right. A warp core is very special."

Seeing her stick her tounge out again, he smirked. "That's gonna dry out if you keep doing that." he said, sticking out his in turn in the most true sense of hypocracy. Her next remark struck him, and he sighed. "I'm sure a good lawyer could argue the case but I'm not a lawyer, so we'll go with it." he said, keeping the same amount of straight-faced as she was. Also known as, not. "And why would I want to quit such fun company?"

As predicted, her face got even more red as he pointed it out. As she pointed out his face, he waved it aside with a weird grin. "Naw, if I'm feeling bad I'll go hide in a causeway or jefferies tube until I feel better." he said. "Doc's don't have to subject me to tests, I keep the ship working, it's a win win." he said, confidently but also silly. "In fa.." he started, but faded out after only a syllable or two when she ran her fingers over his neck. While not a bad feeling, it was certainly an odd one. He wasn't quite sure what to make of it.

As he failed epically at the english language, in such a way that would make the Captain frown a big frown, Dylan saw her face and smile and found himself smiling back. He truly did enjoy her company. As she rushed to cover the awkwardness, he thought. "Well, we could either do something... or do nothing." he said confidently. "I mean if you want to go trudging through the bowels of the ship to the farthest part of it, we can." he said, shrugging. He'd have to do that work eventually, nothing said it had to be now.

Shadow Fleet

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.