Hello Darkness My Old Friend (Cdr. Jullia Rellek)

Started by Klizh, September 30, 2016, 03:34:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klizh

It had been more than a full day's cycle since the incident on the planet. K'lizh had spent most of that in the medbay being treated for dehydration and heat exhaustion, then recovering in his quarters. Somehow he had managed to write up an official report in between naps, as he preferred to get the paperwork out of the way before he could truly be at ease.

An hour before he was due to begin his first shift since their abduction, K'lizh found himself on the bridge, wearing a freshly-replicated uniform, the fabric feeling somehow... stiffer than his last one. More constrictive. He quietly slinked towards the captain's ready room and pressed the chime. His heart was pounding in his ribcage, his tail twitching nervously... but he needed to face her.

"Here is the blackness of space, the myriad stars gleaming like diamond dust or, as some people would say, like great balls of exploding hydrogen a very long way off. But then, some people would say anything." - Terry Pratchett

Julia Rellek

It had been a tough week for the Tempest's Commanding Officer. It took no less than 5 sonic showers to remove the layers or dirt and sweat from her beaten body, truth is Julia just lost count after her fourth sonic shower. Her hands were beaten and bruised from climbing. She lifted her coffee cup and studied her hand that the cup rested in. As she turned her wrist several previously unseen bruises came into view. The hot liquid seemed to quell the aches and pains that radiated through her body. With a sigh she set the cup down and picked up the after action report that she had been working on for Starfleet command. Lab rats. That's all we were. She thought as she let out an uneasy chuckle. How in the hell do I explain to them that we were lab rats to some kind of super intelligent being.  This was the kind of report that no amount of coffee could help her endure. She still wasn't entirely certain that the whole experience was real, although real was proving to be a relative term. Much like beauty; reality was often in the eye of the beholder. As she shifted in her chair a sharp pain shot down her arm and one thing was apparent, the way she felt certainly was real.

A chime at her ready room door interrupted her contemplation of her pain and the concept of reality. As a scientist it was in her nature to contemplate such ambiguous concepts.

"Come in." She said softly, with a slight catch in her voice.

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Klizh

Feeling a lurch backwards in his legs, K'lizh steeled himself and marched into the ready room, coming to attention at an appropriate meter's distance from her desk. His posture was rigid, down to his tail. He hadn't been this crisp and attentive since his first days at the academy, but it seemed necessary. As an authority figure as well as a female, K'lizh found Captain Rellek rather intimidating.

"Captain," he greeted, and then shifted his gaze to stare at some point on the wall above her head. "I would like to apologize for my conduct upon our return to the ship. It was extremely unbecoming for an officer and I am ready to accept whatever disciplinary measures you deem appropriate."

"Here is the blackness of space, the myriad stars gleaming like diamond dust or, as some people would say, like great balls of exploding hydrogen a very long way off. But then, some people would say anything." - Terry Pratchett

Julia Rellek

"No need to apologize." Julia said with a smile as she dismissed his concerns. She stood up and began to step away from her desk to the replicator in her ready room. "It was a stressful situation; I get it."

"Computer, coffee black." She ordered without taking her eyes from the Caitian standing, rigidly, in front of her. "Ensign at ease, please, before you get stuck that way. Can I get you anything?" She said trying to release the tension from within the room.

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Klizh

The Caitian widened his stance and relaxed his shoulders, but his arms were kept folded behind his back, and his ears remained flat. Clearly he was ill at ease, and the captain's behavior puzzled him. He was ashamed of himself for his outburst--being given some leeway was not what he had been prepared for.

"Rr, no Captain, but thank you." His nostrils flared and he huffed, the Caitian equivalent to a sigh. "But if I may, I would thank you for your honest and frank evaluation of my time serving under you. To speak without adornment, I am starting to wonder if I... am 'cut out' for Starfleet, I think the human idiom is. If I am good enough to be here."

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.