Author Topic: Special Recognition of a recently new Player  (Read 1064 times)

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Special Recognition of a recently new Player
« on: September 30, 2016, 02:56:19 am »
All,

I want to take a minute to recognize one for our recently new players on a post he recently wrote.

It is funny and interesting and deserving of a read:

[Planetoid - Ravine]

Trying not to laugh Ruth said "Vin...Vinnie would kill you, then resurrect you so she could kill you again...in a di...diff...different way!  For letting me die."

Her speech was getting slurred and she was feeling faint with the loss of blood. "Whatever you're going to do, do it quickly.  Feel tired, just want to go... go slee...."

Her eyes started closing and she jerked them open feeling a fresh trickle of blood start from her side with the sudden movement of her jolting awake.  She knew she had to stay awake.

"Smeg," K'lizh began to panic. "Slag. Frak. Mother puss-bucket!" He stopped himself just short of screaming "Belgium" as he frantically searched the rocks for something that would conduct heat. Flipping open his tricorder, he managed to find a rock composed mostly of iron, with just enough other minerals to prevent it from crumbling.

"Hold on, Commander," K'lizh said, hands quivering as he adjusted the setting of his phaser. A low-level blast carved off the outer rusty crust of the rock, and then he adjusted the setting again to start heating it up. He began to swear again as the heat radiated down to the end he was holding,  but the rock was glowing angrily.

"Please don't knock me back down to Cadet for this," he mumbled, before carefully lifting Sigurdsdottir's shirt just enough to press the hot stone against her wound.

Great work, K'lish!

Sincerely,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Klizh

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • #MeowToo
  • Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM. Three year award
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Special Recognition of a recently new Player
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 03:08:54 am »
Well this I didn't expect. Thank you! I was wondering if anyone would catch that Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference...

"Here is the blackness of space, the myriad stars gleaming like diamond dust or, as some people would say, like great balls of exploding hydrogen a very long way off. But then, some people would say anything." - Terry Pratchett

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Who made this guy an Admiral?
  • Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 03:13:31 am »
Excellent work Klizh!
Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Offline Leonard T. Scott

• Flight Control Instructor
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • May fortune favor the foolish
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 03:53:50 am »
Congrats

Athena Second Officer. Feel free to message me if have any issues that need addressing.
Flight Control Instructor
"Keyboard. How quaint." - Captain Montgomery Scott

Gabriel Arthur

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 04:01:52 am »
Awesome, man.  You've been rocking it ever since you got here.  :)

Offline Constance Lafayette

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • I love the smell of paperwork in the morning.
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 05:32:00 am »
Constance: "Your report was adequate. I experienced humor. I experienced heightened levels of stress. I enjoyed it. I will need to review the emergency medical guidelines as to the use of that rock but I find the entire episode well within the normal tolerances. Exceptional work... pending the approval of the advisory board on such matters of course."

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

Offline Steve Marshall

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • There is screaming in space
  • Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2016, 04:39:33 am »
I want to say Klizh it was your post I read that made me consider coming back. Excellent post

Offline Klizh

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • #MeowToo
  • Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM. Three year award
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2016, 02:35:59 am »
Wow. That's an honor. Thanks and welcome aboard. :)

"Here is the blackness of space, the myriad stars gleaming like diamond dust or, as some people would say, like great balls of exploding hydrogen a very long way off. But then, some people would say anything." - Terry Pratchett

Offline James A. Hawke

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • James A. Hawke
  • Three year award Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded to any commanding officer who takes command of two or more starships. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2016, 02:43:05 am »
You did an awesome job!  We are lucky to have you with us at the Tempest

Click on the Badge to see bio

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2016, 04:46:02 pm »
Good work, K'Lizh!

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles