News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

Site Patch Notes - 18Apr24

Started by Dylan Torngate, April 18, 2024, 05:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylan Torngate

Hello, Members!

I'm incredibly happy to report that the long-awaited upgrade to SMF 2.0 (our forum software) is now live.

This comes with a major facelift of our website, stability and bug fixes, and a number of other changes we hope will make your life easier.

The number of changes are too numerous to count, but here's some of the highlights:

* New Reply Editor
* Updated Draft System
* Real-Time Alert Support
* 2FA Support
* New Mentions System (Try it: @Dylan Torngate )
* New Post Liking System
* Improved IPv6 support
* Updated GDPR compliance support
* Enhanced BBCode Support
* A huge number of Bugfixes - no more site crashes! (Hopefully.)
* Updated Navigation Buttons
* Fixed Email Registration and Messaging System
* Many other minor changes that have been under development that can't all be listed here.

A number of the major features have changed their location on the site. However, subaccounts and user settings should still be accessible to all users, check out the profile drop-down in the top left of your screen!

A few older features have been retired. This includes the ShoutBox, which caused a number of issues and isn't needed with our Discord server existing.

Of course, as with any updates some new issues may present themselves. Please contact me if you run into any issues! Alternatively, if you run into any technical issues or lost functionality you really wish you still had, please also let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Thank you one and all for your patience!

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Alexander Wu

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on April 18, 2024, 05:20:38 PM

Hello, Members!

I'm incredibly happy to report that the long-awaited upgrade to SMF 2.0 (our forum software) is now live.

This comes with a major facelift of our website, stability and bug fixes, and a number of other changes we hope will make your life easier.

The number of changes are too numerous to count, but here's some of the highlights:

* New Reply Editor
* Updated Draft System
* Real-Time Alert Support
* 2FA Support
* New Mentions System (Try it: @Dylan Torngate )
* New Post Liking System
* Improved IPv6 support
* Updated GDPR compliance support
* Enhanced BBCode Support
* A huge number of Bugfixes - no more site crashes! (Hopefully.)
* Updated Navigation Buttons
* Fixed Email Registration and Messaging System
* Many other minor changes that have been under development that can't all be listed here.

A number of the major features have changed their location on the site. However, subaccounts and user settings should still be accessible to all users, check out the profile drop-down in the top left of your screen!

A few older features have been retired. This includes the ShoutBox, which caused a number of issues and isn't needed with our Discord server existing.

Of course, as with any updates some new issues may present themselves. Please contact me if you run into any issues! Alternatively, if you run into any technical issues or lost functionality you really wish you still had, please also let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Thank you one and all for your patience!

Great job @Dylan Torngate! And just like Scotty, you managed to knock it off in a fraction of the expected downtime, #miracleworker!

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Kinley Garrison

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Malik Grippen

Looks soooo much better! Thank you!

Species: Risian | Age: 29 | Profile | Personal Log | Character Images

Emperor J.B Dersch

Dylan, Nice, Love it, Only question I have is, Can we still post from our main account as our other characters? Or do we have to login into theta certain account to be able to post as them?

Abas Th'vyrrol

Quote from: J.B Dersch on April 19, 2024, 09:06:59 AM

Dylan, Nice, Love it, Only question I have is, Can we still post from our main account as our other characters? Or do we have to login into theta certain account to be able to post as them?

You can't from the quick editor, but you can from the full editor! (Click "Preview" in the quick editor to go to the full editor)

Emperor J.B Dersch

Quote from: Abas Th'vyrrol on April 19, 2024, 10:11:29 AM

You can't from the quick editor, but you can from the full editor! (Click "Preview" in the quick editor to go to the full editor)

Thanks, Sorry, Should have thought of that with me being some what techy, thanks!

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.