Email Server down for a few days

Started by Kirok, September 12, 2016, 01:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirok

All,

I have been asked to let you know the email server is currently down.

This means that PMs can not be sent from the forum to personal emails (or forwarded).

Chris is working to resolve this issue.

He hopes things will be back to normal later in the week.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Chris Newberry

Update:

Since September 10, I've been working on resolving this issue. Suffice to say, it's much larger then I original though but the root cause has been fixed now, (well for now). Now I am working to get mails passing thru the server email backend back out to the main email providers.

Currently I can confirm Hotmail and their affiliate are accepting mail again from Shadow Fleet email server. Not sure on AOL, Gmail, Yahoo, or any of the others. If you can confirm here your getting emails from shadowfleet.org or shadowfleetrpg.us, please reply below.

Chris

Emails confirming to accept from Shadow Fleet Email Server:

Gmail
Hotmail

Retired FADM Chris Newberry
Enjoying R&R on Kantro Prime
Shadow Fleet Founder (Creator)
Rtd. Fleet Commanding Officer

Susan Venator

Quote from: Chris Newberry on September 18, 2016, 05:00:15 AM

Update:

Since September 10, I've been working on resolving this issue. Suffice to say, it's much larger then I original though but the root cause has been fixed now, (well for now). Now I am working to get mails passing thru the server email backend back out to the main email providers.

Currently I can confirm Hotmail and their affiliate are accepting mail again from Shadow Fleet email server. Not sure on AOL, Gmail, Yahoo, or any of the others. If you can confirm here your getting emails from shadowfleet.org or shadowfleetrpg.us, please reply below.

Chris

Emails confirming to accept from Shadow Fleet Email Server:

Gmail
Hotmail

All my addresses are on google and they are not coming through

Species: Betazoid
Bio: Susan Venator Bio Alt of Lizzie Vaughan

Chris Newberry

Hmm,

I wondering if they are filtering them still but I know some emails are hitting the gmail account setup for server logs, ectra. Can you check and see if it's in the spam/junk folder? If not, I will have to investigate further.

Chris

Susan Venator

They came through as Spam. I'm not sure why, they were coming through normally a few days ago.

Species: Betazoid
Bio: Susan Venator Bio Alt of Lizzie Vaughan

Leonard T. Scott

I contacted the people at outlook a while back, where I have my email account, and they said that since I have done everything on my end to prevent it from happening, that there needs to be a reputation check on the email. Hopefully this solves everyone's issues

Athena Second Officer. Feel free to message me if have any issues that need addressing.
Flight Control Instructor
"Keyboard. How quaint." - Captain Montgomery Scott

Chris Newberry

Quote from: Leonard T. Scott on September 19, 2016, 01:14:51 AM

I contacted the people at outlook a while back, where I have my email account, and they said that since I have done everything on my end to prevent it from happening, that there needs to be a reputation check on the email. Hopefully this solves everyone's issues

Hey Leonard,

Right now due to the attack on our email server, our reputation score drop from 70ish to 0 for the last week. It's went up by 6 points two days ago. I am still cleaning up the server side which was affected but it seems I didn't get everything (maybe). For the meantime, I have shut the service that controls all server inbound and outbound emails down until I can get 2-3 days of free time to look at and fix it.

I might have a way to redirect the forums emails temporary and currently looking into that avenue. All avenues at this point is taking time to figure out and get to work.

Chris

Dylan Torngate

Thank you Chris for all you do, you're the only reason this place is still flying!!

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.