Mutiny on the Athena! (Open, Pick Your Side!)

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, September 01, 2016, 05:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Cargo Bay]

"Weapons at the ready," Stafford said. For this special mission he'd donned a tactical body suit, all in black. Low slung on his right hip was a type 2 hand phaser, his favorite weapon. A standard issue Starfleet blade was deposited securely in his left wrist. And taped to the inner side of his right boot was a type 1 phaser, the kind of lower powered but more concealable weapon that covert operators carried.

The men and women before him were likewise equipped and garbed. They all knew the task ahead. He'd handpicked them from each department, all over the Athena. They had the skills, the moxie, and the hardline mentality to do what needed to be done. They did not wear their uniforms, and for good reason. For one, they needed to move quick and quiet, and hit hard.

"We all know why we're here," The XO said briefly. "I picked you because you are all willing to do the hard thing. The right thing. I also selected you because you this isn't the easy thing. Let's do it."

James Carter

Quote from: Luke Stafford on September 01, 2016, 05:47:37 PM

[Cargo Bay]

"Weapons at the ready," Stafford said. For this special mission he'd donned a tactical body suit, all in black. Low slung on his right hip was a type 2 hand phaser, his favorite weapon. A standard issue Starfleet blade was deposited securely in his left wrist. And taped to the inner side of his right boot was a type 1 phaser, the kind of lower powered but more concealable weapon that covert operators carried.

The men and women before him were likewise equipped and garbed. They all knew the task ahead. He'd handpicked them from each department, all over the Athena. They had the skills, the moxie, and the hardline mentality to do what needed to be done. They did not wear their uniforms, and for good reason. For one, they needed to move quick and quiet, and hit hard.

"We all know why we're here," The XO said briefly. "I picked you because you are all willing to do the hard thing. The right thing. I also selected you because you this isn't the easy thing. Let's do it."

[Cargo Bay]

James was one of the few people who weren't equipped with what the other were. While yes, most of what he carried was the exact same as everyone else's he had also grabbed a type-3 from the armory and had draped it around his back. While it would slow him down a little, he was already ahead of most of the people in the group when it came to matters of security. "I don't think standing around here is going to do us much good. On with it then."

Dylan Torngate

[Bridge]

Dylan was on the night shift for today, and it was going just as expected: Boring, dull, and dreary. Nothing much was happening, with the helm taking them at warp between missions, the systems mostly automated, and the sensors making their lazy sweeps between stars. Everything was dull and as far as he knew most of the senior staff was in their racks.

He stood up and got a new coffee, nursing it as he fought fatigue. He'd already had a busy day on the ship, and now pulling the short straw on duty was annoying. For some reason he'd been swapped to it, but he didn't know, or care, why.

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: James Carter on September 02, 2016, 05:28:19 AM

[Cargo Bay]

James was one of the few people who weren't equipped with what the other were. While yes, most of what he carried was the exact same as everyone else's he had also grabbed a type-3 from the armory and had draped it around his back. While it would slow him down a little, he was already ahead of most of the people in the group when it came to matters of security. "I don't think standing around here is going to do us much good. On with it then."

[Cargo Bay]

Stafford favored the second officer with a half smile. He was a find. The chief of security at his side would not hurt his cause in the least. He could only hope that the site of Lieutenant Carter would galvanize more of the crew to take up arms.

"Phasers on stun." The XO said. "We'll confine the loyalists to their quarters and the senior officers to the brig. Carter, take a team to the bridge. I'll sweep the passageways. Let's head out."

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.