How Does Online Time Work?

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, August 12, 2016, 01:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm Adeyemi

If you look at the board statistics towards the bottom of the main page you can see your online time, usage by hour, top posters, etc.

I generally leave my computer logged into Shadow Fleet 24 hours a day, but it doesn't seem to effect my online time.

Do I have to be actively browsing Shadow Fleet in order for it to count towards my online time? And what about my time on my mobile phone?

I am probably never going to overtake anyone in posts or anything else, but I have been trying to beat Archangel ( :P ) in online time for a while now.

Daniel Howell

I'm pretty sure that it logs it based on when you are actively using browsing shadowfleet as it probably calculates mouse clicks/key strokes and posts on the fleet itself.

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Kirok

Quote from: Luke Stafford on August 12, 2016, 01:56:59 PM

If you look at the board statistics towards the bottom of the main page you can see your online time, usage by hour, top posters, etc.

I generally leave my computer logged into Shadow Fleet 24 hours a day, but it doesn't seem to effect my online time.

Do I have to be actively browsing Shadow Fleet in order for it to count towards my online time? And what about my time on my mobile phone?

I am probably never going to overtake anyone in posts or anything else, but I have been trying to beat Archangel ( :P ) in online time for a while now.

Luke,

Can you create a screen shot of what you are talking about?

Thanks,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Kirok on August 12, 2016, 04:41:14 PM

Luke,

Can you create a screen shot of what you are talking about?

Thanks,

Kirok

Hey Kirok, I am unable to do so at this present moment. But if one goes to the main page, scrolls down to the "forum stats" icon (it's black and orange", clicks it, and then at the bottom of that page there is the "Most Time Spent Online" leaderboard. I think Daniel answered my question, however.

Chris Newberry

There is a way to exploit it but I am not saying how. Though one name on there will get nuked soon due to inflating his oblune time when he was an admin.

Besides that, I will check and see what all effects it when I get home...

Chris

Retired FADM Chris Newberry
Enjoying R&R on Kantro Prime
Shadow Fleet Founder (Creator)
Rtd. Fleet Commanding Officer

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.